One Hell of a Family [dead] (thanks you to everyone who played im sorry im a terrible dm)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Helene looks embarrassed.
"Bad girl!"
Loupa looks to shrink a bit.
Theon looks to the rest of the conversation with a raised eyebrow.
What the hell is going on here.... Ohh I get it that is Cerberus.

"I could never, and you know that. Now I think someone had a question for you
Theon then asked his question.

"No I'm a completely different species; It's the other way round. I'm only human for a few days each month."

"And even then human is a bit of a stretch."

"Says the snake woman with the robot arm."

Theon looks quite disturbed but also interested.
"Robot arm? I never knew you had a robot arm... Is it your right or left arm? And why did you get one in the first place?"

"Right one. But only half of it, up to the elbow.
It's a long story. Guy tried to screw me over, ended much worse for him. Don't make prosthetic heads after all. It looks pretty realistic; apparently snake skin is much easier to fake than human skin."

"Right one. But only half of it, up to the elbow.
Theon stands there confused. He opens his mouth multiple times then closes it again.
How can she say it like that is nothing special? Never mind.
Eventually he shakes his head then says.
"Okay well that will quite the story, for later but for right now.
What are you going to so about the Terra situation? Are you going to apologize to her?"
Theon asks till looking a bit confused.
At least I know where 1 of the smells came from. Now for the other one.
I wonder how Terra is doing right now? Well at least she has Seras and her boyfriend so she should be okay.

Terra turned as both Richard and Seras reached her, both with pained, sympathetic looks on their faces. Terra sighed a little - she was glad they had worried about her, but she wasn't the weak willed little girl she used to be. She "heard" the thoughts Richard directed at her, and was thankful for them "I'll be fine. Thank you, both of you." Terra said, looking back and forth between the two. "And I know Richard. Sorry about my... paranoia back there; I've never been very good at the whole "trust" thing. I do trust you Richard, more then anyone. I gave you that watch after all." she said, hinting at the depth of her trust and love. She kissed him for good measure.

Then, she turned back to Seras. She stood from the bench she had been sitting on and hugged her friend. "Thanks for checking on me; you really are my best friend." she said, smiling genuinely.

Her head cleared, she decided on her course of action. "I guess I should go talk to Helena... offer an olive branch." she muttered aloud a bit sheepishly - she seemed to need to apologize to everyone these days.

"Well I guess if she's needs me to sure."
She didn't see why since it was Loupa's fault not hers.
"So should I go now or give her some time?
Actually yes best get it over and done with."

She walked off Loupa in tail before turning round.

"Stay, I want to sort this out on my own."
Helena wanders off.

"Wait I recognise you. You're the one from the woods right? Does Helena still have a crush on you?"

Seras listened to Terra talk to Richard, sensing the loving connection they both shared; and Terra then gave Richard a kiss. She then stood up, and gave Seras a hug.

"Thanks for checking on me; you really are my best friend." she said, smiling genuinely. Seras then got up off the bench, and returned the favour, smiling as well.

"As are you Terra, my best friend; well apart from Theon that is." Seras remarked, slightly blushing at the mention of Theon's name. The pair of them let go from their hug, Terra then deciding on a course of action to take regarding Helena.

"I guess I should go talk to Helena... offer an olive branch." She muttered aloud, and sounding rather sheepish about it.

"True, the sooner that the pair of you make up over this, the sooner we can enjoy the rest of the day.

"Well I guess if she's needs me to sure.So should I go now or give her some time?
"Better to just to go now. I mean it isn't like we have allot of time left after this."

Helena started moving and Loupa followed her.
"Stay, I want to sort this out on my own."
Theon tries to determine where the smell came from before following Helena.
I really hope Terra is okay. And that she can forgive Helena.

Then Loupa said.
"Wait I recognise you. You're the one from the woods right?
Does Helena still have a crush on you?"

Theon was looked at Loupa then realized what she had just said.
"WHAT?!"
Theon turns red and looks shocked.
"She has a crush on me?"

Loupa
"I don't know, If I did I wouldn't ask. But I think she did at one time or another I think. I don't think she has any more. Not for a while."

Helena
Ah there she was. This wasn't going to be pleasant. But hopefully it wouldn't take too much time.
"Terra, sorry about that, I didn't mean it. Not really."

Theon looks at Loupa who tells him.
"I don't know, If I did I wouldn't ask. But I think she did at one time or another I think.
I don't think she has any more. Not for a while."

"Oh okay....Huh I guess I really can't read women at all."
Theon looks around confused then looks at Loupa.
"Well you got anymore secrets you want to share with me about Helena?"
Theon looks serious.
Maybe she has another secret. And this is a probably the best change I will ever get.
And for some reason Loupa doesn't grasp what a secret means so she might even tell me.

"as are you Terra, my best friend; well, apart from Theon." Seras said with a blush. Terra smiled back, adding "Apart from Richard." She cast a glance back at her lover and found herself wishing the graduation were over so that she could have the wizard all to herself. She made no attempt to hide her thoughts. Thereafter, she turned to find Helena and make her apology, only to find Helena had beaten her to the punch.

Terra, sorry about that. I didn't mean it. Not really." Helena said, clearly uncomfortable having to make the apology. Terra smiled and replied "And I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you say it." She said it honestly, hoping to put it behind them. "Friends?" she asked.

"Sure friends sounds good.
I guess you'll not need re-introducing to Loupa, she didn't mean it. She's just not very good at being a person."

"Sounds like she's not exactly that good at conversation more than anything,"Thomas said from Helena's shadow,"Gotta learn how to keep stuff back."

Richard smiled at the thoughts his lover directed to him, then followed her in.

He decided on letting her know through his thoughts that he highly anticipated her being in his sole possession as well. Very highly anticipated.

Outwardly, he looked around peacefully with a frown before he stilled completely, as if frozen in time, like the rest of the world didn't exist as he looked at a man that entered the room with business casual slacks and a simple button-up shirt.

And eyes like Richard's, but distinctly more. The man's gaze made hair stand up and goosebumps ripple through the most fearless. That man... is one of the Ascended.... Oh gods. The hell does he want with me?

When Thomas finished speaking, Terra interjected. "Speaking of apologies; I owe you one Thomas. Sorry for freaking out at you earlier. In fact, I owe you a thank you for the interference." she said, casting a glance back at Richard.

It was because of this glance that she caught the look of abject fear on his face. She had been in low-level mental contact with Richard, just sending their love back and forth, until that moment. Because of this she felt as his mind seized up, throwing defensive wall up in panic.

"Richard? What's wrong" she thought, trying to reach him to no avail. Her worry growing, she followed his gaze, to a man dressed in business casual attire who appeared to be returning the gaze. it wasn't until she saw the distinctive swirl in his eyes that she understood what was happening. "He's a Wizard too!"

Terra moved to Richard's side with deliberate speed, trying to help him. "Richard; are you okay?"

After Loupa told him she knew no more secrets or at least none that interested him he began heading back to the group.
The smell is close now. It is over there!
Theon looked to the location only to see a shadow disappeared around the corner.
Running after it turned out not to be a smart idea. Because as soon as he ran around the corner a fist appeared hidden in a black glove.
The fist was much stronger then anticipated. Theon felt like he was hit with a sledgehammer against his face.

To confused to react Theon hit the ground. and a searing pain came from his nose.
Looking up he saw the shadow once again disappear around the corner.
"OW!" Theon grabbed his nose and found out that it was broken.
Focusing he popped it back into its original place. Shifting it back to its original form without the dent.
The pain began to numb and was soon gone.

Theon stood up sniffing the air he would never forget this scent. Whoever it belonged too.
He began walking back to the group. seeing Seras standing there, Richard looks disturbed and Terra was by his side.
And Helena looked a bit happy so she was probably forgiven.
Also sniffing the air around this man he marked his smell just in case they needed to find him again.

He walked to Seras. "So how are thing going on your end?"
He acted like he didn't understand what was going on purpose whoever the man was he probably wasn't to trilled about being marked inside Theon's head so he could never know. Of course knowing that was impossible but still.

Theon was once again happy that he had practiced with blurring his brain. He had originally learned it to keep Terra outside but it seemed to help with all kinds of things. Of course his mastery was hiding his thought behind instinct as his father said when he helped him train. Now he finally understood where he learned all of those things and what instinct meant.

"So how are thing going on your end?" Theon asked, suddenly reappearing as one of the group.

"All has been well for the most part, it seems as though Helena and Terra have made up. Now it seems Richard has been affected by something, possibly coming from this guy in the suit here." Seras responding with, then pointing at the man in question.

"All has been well for the most part, it seems as though Helena and Terra have made up. Now it seems Richard has been affected by something, possibly coming from this guy in the suit here."
"Well that is good and bad news."
Theon walked over to Seras and grabbed her hand again smiling at her.
She was the first to find out that like most other shape shifters you could see when he had just changed.
a really small red dot in his right eye. It lasted about 10 minutes then disappeared. Of course unless you know it was there you could never see it. He could also change that dot but rarely did.
Seras had once made a remark on it when Theon showed his power to her. She of course had promised to tell no one and she had kept that promise so far.

"I thought I told you to stay."
"I'm not a dog; I can choose not to stay if I want."
"Fair point.
So everyone, what shall we do? I honestly don't want to sit through an entire speech that's probably longer than the rest of the time I've even been to this school."

Richard's hand squeezed her arm, not hard, but hard enough for her to know that he was drawing needed comfort from the contact He forced himself to breath again "He's... one of the three Ascended. I told you about them, remember?" Richard breathed deeply and slowly, as the man motioned for him to walk over, and some strange force pulled Richard's hand away from Terra.

The message was pretty clear. "-and apparently he wants me over there. Without you. Why I don't get, is what would one of the Ascended want with me. They can see through time with the same ease we look through looped fingers, Love. Whatever happens, don't try to fight him on it."

Richard walked over and the man met him halfway, bending down he whispered something in Richard's ear, then walked away while Richard stayed ramrod straight, then after the man had walked off far enough away Richard coughed and stumbled a bit, walking back to Terra looking rather tired as he slowly put his mental wall down, revealing love, relief, and immense confusion.

It took all of Terra's will power to resist the urge to rush over to the Ascended Wizard, and punch him square in the jaw. Not because he wanted to speak to Richard - Richard was a powerful mage, whether he wanted to admit it or not and it was only natural the cabal would send someone to see him graduate. His rudeness was also not the cause - it was likely hard to talk about secret wizard things at range, so not introducing himself was expected. Even the fact the unknown magic user had more or less snubbed her didn't bother her - she had experienced worse after all. What made her blood boil was one simple action - he had used his magic to control Richards hand. He had violated his ability to self-determine and with the same level of thought one might the act of breathing.

THAT was entirely and unquestionably unforgivable.

Still, she respected Richard's judgement enough to let it go and not show him what an angry demon could do - at least this time. Of course, his words did not preclude a warning. Reaching out with her mind, she found the Ascended wizard among the crowd of souls. It was not hard - where most people were like open books, or at best closed and locked books, his was like a fortress built at great expense to protect the core of his identity. Terra found herself glad her mother was absent - were she here, the aforementioned castle would already be under heavy siege.

Terra approached the fortification and sent out a tiny mental blast - enough to act as a knock on the walls of the wizards identity. She waited a moment for the Wizard to notice the message and she was rewarded with a small opening in the fortification - enough for two way communication. Through it she could feel a depth of knowledge so vast and indescribable, that a weaker mind would have lost itself at just that level of contact.

"What you have to say to Richard is you're business, but if you try and control him or anyone else again while I'm around, I will remind you why demons are things to be feared" she said, her "tone" calm and reserved. The Wizard seemed to mentally laugh a little at the threat, but it was hard to read behind such levels of fortifications. Having been dismissed, Terra decided to underline her point. She sent forth a mental blast, only a fraction of her ability, but enough to show what she could do - and the outer layers of his mental walls came tumbling down like the mythical walls of Jericho. Her message delivered, she retracted her mind; not wanting to intrude on the wizards inner thoughts. Terra knew she had probably not endeared herself to the only wizard other then Richard she had ever met - and one vastly more power then she could hope to fathom to worsen maters - but she really didn't care; it was the principle of the thing.

Turning her attention to Helena, she decided to answer her suggestion. "As these ceremonies are really just for families to watch, and I don't really care what my parents think, I'm okay with ditching; but I think Seras's family flew a long way to watch her graduate so I wouldn't want to deny them the pleasure. What do you think?" she asked the group, then turned to await Richards return.

When he did return, it was with a sense of exhaustion and confusion, but also love and relief. she waited for him to return, then allowed the tired individual to lean on her for strength. She wasn't going to ask what had been said - she was curious, but that was for Richard to tell when he wanted, not for her to ask - but in her worry, she did need to ensure he was okay. If he was otherwise, that wizard would have an angry demon on his tail for the rest of his life. "Everything okay?" she asked, letting him feel her genuine worry through the mental bond.

Richard coughed more "You really shouldn't have pulled that mental stunt. He's being nice and not forcing me to watch as he pulls everybody atoms apart and splits the world in half because he's bored." Richard leaned on her "He told me what you'd do before you did it, you know. Among other things, and he actually gave me the fraction he lowered his capibilities so..." Richard swallowed "...You didn't go insane from seeing time spiraling, and the structure of time/space ripping apart your visual nerves. Or burning them. Probably both in some semitemporal collapse. I have no idea." Richard started standing upright again. "He said other stuff to me. Stuff mortals shouldn't actually be capable of knowing. I don't know why, he hasn't interacted with non-Ascended for almost a century. The man is one of the most unpredictable things in recorded history. Cabal experts think he's the one that could have wiped out two Cabals that were about to join up and make a major power play awhile back. Their people just stopped existing. No evidence. He does things because he's bored. And if I'm his new distraction, he could kill me because it'd be funny on the grand scale. Except he said he likes me, which means he'd just almost kill me." Richard put and arm around her Whatever he does, don't get involved. He's not known for killing innocents... permanently, at least.

"Well that is good and bad news." Theon remarked as he walked towards Seras, grabbing hold of her hand and smiling. It was then that she noticed a miniscule dot in Theon's right eye, an obvious sign that he has recently changed something about him. She had promised not to tell anyone about this little fact, a promise she had been keeping so far.

"So then, what is different about you this time?" Seras asked, curious to know what part of him he shifted. Whilst she waited for a response, Seras commented on the situation involving Terra and Richard.

"As these ceremonies are really just for families to watch, and I don't really care what my parents think, I'm okay with ditching; but I think Seras's family flew a long way to watch her graduate so I wouldn't want to deny them the pleasure. What do you think?" Terra remarked, before asking a question to the group as a whole.

"Well, if you could at least stay till I'm done here, then I'd be okay with doing a little ditching." Seras responded with, hoping they be okay with staying a little while longer. It was then that Richard returned.

"What was all that just now with that mysterious gentleman Richard? Was he someone you knew? It seemed like he was doing something to control you. Did he hurt you in anyway?" Seras asked, out of concern for Terra's boyfriend.

"So then, what is different about you this time?"
Theon looked at her with an surprised look. She can always tell. Might as well tell the truth.
"Well I was just ambushed. And that person broke my nose.
So I fixed it so it wouldn't leave a scar."
Theon said like it was no big deal.
I hope she doesn't ask anymore questions because I have no more answers.

The group started to argue if they wanted to stay or not.
"As these ceremonies are really just for families to watch, and I don't really care what my parents think, I'm okay with ditching; but I think Seras's family flew a long way to watch her graduate so I wouldn't want to deny them the pleasure. What do you think?"

"Well, if you could at least stay till I'm done here, then I'd be okay with doing a little ditching.
"Well I have no problem with staying here. I also don't have a problem with ditching it after Seras is done."
Theon looks at Seras with a smile.
I hope I get to see Terra's older brother then rub his nose in the fact that I did succeed. And he didn't.

Theon looks at Richard who returns from his strange talk.
"Are you okay Richard? And who was that?"
He asked out of concern as well as curiosity.

Richard held his hand up "That... thing, over there, is no gentleman. It could be argued it's not even a man at all." Richard shook himself out "He didn't control me besides separate my hand from Terra, I went over there as not to piss him off. He didn't actively hurt me persay, just told me something that forcefully elevated my Wizard powers as not to burn my brain. As for WHO it is... he's just... something much higher up the food chain." Richard glances over to the man affably talking to some teacher or another I love you.

"Cerberus are you ok waiting?"
"I guess so; I don't think I really know everyone yet. Or have I met them before? As a dog I mean, it happens a lot. I could probably find out pretty quickly but apparently it's rude to sniff people."

Dwight walked over to the Graduation Hall. Mrs.Williams with her amber eyes spotted Dwight immediately. "Ah Mr.Luvence there you are I have something to inform you about the order in which were giving the diplomas. You will be going last...due to you being different." she said as she smiled at him. "Whatever." he scowled as sat in seat. He looked around the hall and saw that people were starting to get seated. He spotted Lizzy and Helga seated 3 rows ahead of him. He sighed and waited for the other people to file in

Helena and Loupa moved to get seated ready when anyone else was. But just before for they sat down Helena was curious.
"So what are you guys taking?
I just realised I never actually asked."

hiei82:

Terra made her way into the graduation hall, speaking with Helena and giving the confused Wizard his space, no matter how much she wanted to do just the opposite.

"So what are you guys taking? I just realised I never actually asked." the mostly-gorgon asked, inquiring into their studies. "Well, I'm studying law - I've got the soul sucking down so I may as well." she responded with a slight laugh. Truthfully, she just enjoyed ensuring justice was served - odd as it was for a demon. "What about you Helena?" she asked, as she took her seat in the auditorium.

Theon grabs Seras hand as they walked into the hall together as a couple.
She hasn't commented on the whole he broke my nose part. Must have missed that when Richard was pulled away for a talk.
And it isn't like this was the first time I broke something. Or maybe she was too surprised to response? Well it doesn't really matter right now.

"So here we finally are after all those years."
Theon said sitting down and looking at Seras to sit down next to him.

Richard caught up to Terra after a few minutes and hugged her "I sorted myself out." he conveyed much love through the link Sorry. I had to see through time and space when I wasn't conventionally ready. I managed. He actually gave me a rather impressive gift, I'm worried.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked