Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 40 NEXT

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
Enthir enters the inn and joins the conversation''Possibly, for the past several months Mannimarco has been making power grabs all over the Imperial province, the Blades think he'll try to root himself in power and take the throne once war breaks out, he already controls a sizeable portion of the military, and he practically own Cheydinhal, the package would be a significant tool he could use as leverage against the other factions, be they diplomatic or military''

"So my musings have accuracy to them. This naturally raises the question as to what it is that he is so interested in... Dragon Hatchling?

Enthir chuckles''No, no, that's held up in the Jeral- I've said too much.'' he sips at his mug,

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
Enthir enters the inn and joins the conversation''Possibly, for the past several months Mannimarco has been making power grabs all over the Imperial province, the Blades think he'll try to root himself in power and take the throne once war breaks out, he already controls a sizeable portion of the military, and he practically own Cheydinhal, the package would be a significant tool he could use as leverage against the other factions, be they diplomatic or military''

"So my musings have accuracy to them. This naturally raises the question as to what it is that he is so interested in... Dragon Hatchling?

Enthir chuckles''No, no, that's held up in the Jeral- I've said too much.'' he sips at his mug,

"That raises so many damn questions, but let's just see how our girly man Altmer is doing."

ruedyn:
"So I'm to act like having daedra worshipers and a vampire in my party isn't an affront to my religion. Besides, we don't even know what the thing is! For all we know it's skooma."

"Your self righteous religion doesn't come into this! I don't care for your motives, your actions speak for themselves. You've brought your own goons in to kill members of the group, but now they've gotten out of hand and put us all at risk! Any blood shed today is on your hands. You are to be the one who kills the Altmer. Kaglar saved your life for some reason, let it not be to stab his brother in the back!"

Urgal was at this point only just being able to contain his voice at a low deep growl so as not to alert the Altmer.

ruedyn:
snip

Josh12345:
snip

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Luna nodded and took out a wire. She kneeled before the lock and a few minutes later, there was a click. "Ha ha! still got it after all this time." She said and moved out of the way. "Ladies, if you may." she said gesturing the door, but heard the Ork.

Looking at him, a flame was in her eyes. "No. He is my meal. The rest of you are to get the garlic off of him. A hungry vampire is something that no one wants."

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:
"So I'm to act like having daedra worshipers and a vampire in my party isn't an affront to my religion. Besides, we don't even know what the thing is! For all we know it's skooma."

"Your self righteous religion doesn't come into this! I don't care for your motives, your actions speak for themselves. You've brought your own goons in to kill members of the group, but now they've gotten out of hand and put us all at risk! Any blood shed today is on your hands. You are to be the one who kills the Altmer. Kaglar saved your life for some reason, let it not be to stab his brother in the back!"

Urgal was at this point only just being able to contain his voice at a low deep growl so as not to alert the Altmer.

"I take responsibility for all my actions, and I've been trying my hardest to keep bloodshed to a minimum. Can you say the same, trying to fight Ahnwen because of her career or endangering the lives of our group and civilians by recklessly shooting arrows because you thought it'd be 'fun'. I'm glad your brother saved my life, I can't tell why he saved yours." Anruin turned towards Joncis "check if he's awake, if so pull up a ward and let me restrain him."

Joncis prepared thunderbolts in one hand and a ward in the other ''Luna, get behind me, I'll drain his magicka so stay behind my ward, Enthir will keep watch by the stairs.''

Lloden strolled back to the inn, his back and arms aching. He was whistling a simple tune, listening to it echo off the deserted streets and shops. He passed a few guards, but none gave him trouble. Word must've gotten around that the travelers in town should be left alone.
He entered the inn, and glanced around the common room. He saw a few drunks drooling on tables, but none of his companions. He nodded to the barman, a stout cyrodiilic with something of a paunch. He strolled up the stairs in time to see the strange gathering in front of the door, Luna picking the lock.

mcpop9:
shink

"Boo." he said suddenly, with a grin.

Luna unlocked the door and it creaked open, ''Hello? new roommate?'' Joncis asked,
Silence , Joncis signalled to check in the bathroom, nothing, he must be in the next section.

mcpop9:

ruedyn:
snip

Josh12345:
snip

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Luna nodded and took out a wire. She kneeled before the lock and a few minutes later, there was a click. "Ha ha! still got it after all this time." She said and moved out of the way. "Ladies, if you may." she said gesturing the door, but heard the Ork.

Looking at him, a flame was in her eyes. "No. He is my meal. The rest of you are to get the garlic off of him. A hungry vampire is something that no one wants."

"Not going to argue with that. For the sake of practicality as well as the sake of not having two giant bite marks in my neck."

Urgal gently clasped the door handle I'm soaked in blood, not one for sneaking, and know nothing of the art of pickpocketing. I wish the Khajiit was here, this seems to be more his territory.

"Probably better if one of you do this, Enthir? Joncis?"

Derek_the_Dodo:

mcpop9:

ruedyn:
snip

Josh12345:
snip

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

"Not going to argue with that. For the sake of practicality as well as the sake of not having two giant bite marks in my neck."

Urgal gently clasped the door handle I'm soaked in blood, not one for sneaking, and know nothing of the art of pickpocketing. I wish the Khajiit was here, this seems to be more his territory.

"Probably better if one of you do this, Enthir? Joncis?"

''Hold still'' Enthir said, as he prepared Healing Hands, most of Urgal's cuts washed away and Enthir could only assume his fractured bones will mend faster now.

Josh12345:
''Hold still'' Enthir said, as he prepared Healing Hands, most of Urgal's cuts washed away and Enthir could only assume his fractured bones will mend faster now.

Urgal flinched, he never liked the touch of magic upon his skin. He grunted a thanks.

ruedyn:
"I take responsibility for all my actions, and I've been trying my hardest to keep bloodshed to a minimum. Can you say the same, trying to fight Ahnwen because of her career or endangering the lives of our group and civilians by recklessly shooting arrows because you thought it'd be 'fun'. I'm glad your brother saved my life, I can't tell why he saved yours." Anruin turned towards Joncis "check if he's awake, if so pull up a ward and let me restrain him."

"She had a choice! But now is not the time. You best be true to your word and help us."

Josh12345:
Joncis prepared thunderbolts in one hand and a ward in the other ''Luna, get behind me, I'll drain his magicka so stay behind my ward, Enthir will keep watch by the stairs.''

Luna ignored the man who tried to scare her and subconsciously readied up vampiric drain.
She the said in a hushed tone to Joncis. "Try to restrain him, even if its only for a second, i can use vmpiric drain to sap his energy. then we'll have time to determine what he is."
Luna was crouching behind him, ready to strike.

Derek_the_Dodo:

Josh12345:

Urgal flinched, he never liked the touch of magic upon his skin. He grunted a thanks.

ruedyn:

"She had a choice! But now is not the time. You best be true to your word and help us."

"I have no reason not to be. We go in on 3, okay?"

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

''alright, one......''

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

''alright, one......''

"Ready, so Two..."

O

mcpop9:

Josh12345:

Luna ignored the man who tried to scare her and subconsciously readied up vampiric drain.
She the said in a hushed tone to Joncis. "Try to restrain him, even if its only for a second, i can use vmpiric drain to sap his energy. then we'll have time to determine what he is."
Luna was crouching behind him, ready to strike.

Lloden sighed. "Young old lady, you are far too serious. All of you are, in fact."
Lloden pushed past the group, further down the hallway. He chose one at random, opened it,
Inside, Bitey had assembled her impressive collection of skulls, knives and cheese on the beds, and was running back and forth between them, muttering. Lloden quietly closed the door and stepped back. "Alrighy then."

mcpop9:

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

''alright, one......''

"Ready, so Two..."

"And 3, GO GO GO!"

Joncis prepped a Steadfast ward for any incoming projectiles, shooting Sparks into the bathroom, he wasn't there, he must be in the next room over.

The noise from the raid startled Belkin, who burst out of the room he was in with only the lower half of his armor on and loose shirt on his upper half, but still wielding his weaponry.. The armor that was on him was more polished and cleaner than it was before. showing that he had spent the past hour in the bathroom cleaning his gear.

He looked towards those out in the hall and talked hurredly to them.
"What's happening? What's going on? Are we under attack? What in Oblivion just happened?"

SPARTANXIII:
The noise from the raid startled Belkin, who burst out of the room he was in with only the lower half of his armor on and loose shirt on his upper half, but still wielding his weaponry.. The armor that was on him was more polished and cleaner than it was before. showing that he had spent the past hour in the bathroom cleaning his gear.

"What's happening? What's going on? Are we under attack? What in Oblivion just happened?"

''What room are you in and where's the altmer?'' Enthir barked

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

"I'm in the room with you and Joncis. As for the Altmer, I haven't seen him since the battle downstairs. Why, did he try something?" Belkin replied, his voice focused and serious.

SPARTANXIII:

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

"I'm in the room with you and Joncis, 301. As for the Altmer, I haven't seen him since the battle downstairs. Why, did he try something?" Belkin replied, his voice focused and serious.

Joncis left room 302 to explain''We don't know where he's gone off to, some of them think the fight Anruin and the Redguard orchestrated was a cover for the altmer to kill one of us''

Josh12345:
snip

Luna let out a growl, she was angry that yet another meal had been taken from her. "I don't care if he is a necromancer or not, i'm sinking my teeth into him. I hate being cheated out of a meal, especially one thats been agreed upon." She said being angry in general.

mcpop9:

Josh12345:
snip

Luna let out a growl, she was angry that yet another meal had been taken from her. "I don't care if he is a necromancer or not, i'm sinking my teeth into him. I hate being cheated out of a meal, especially one thats been agreed upon." She said being angry in general.

Joncis looked out of the room's balcony, he couldn't see anyone in the streets ''where would he go?'' Enthir joined him after patching up Urgal ''Well best case scenario he's waiting to ambush us by the Valenwood border, he's altmer so if any guards were around they'd probably allow it'' Joncis stared at him, perplexed ''what? how could him ambushing and potentially killing some of us be the best outcome?'' ''Well, worst case is if he's allied with Mannimarco he's off to ambush us, except he'll bring with him some friends, OR he could be alerting half the city that one of us is a vampire, that'll cause mass panic. See that over there?'' he pointed to a pile of rubble in the South-western corner of Skingrad ''that used to be an alchemy lab, it was burned down 3 weeks ago, rumors were vampires were hiding in the cellars, we never found any bodies''

Josh12345:
Joncis looked out of the room's balcony, he couldn't see anyone in the streets ''where would he go?'' Enthir joined him after patching up Urgal ''Well best case scenario he's waiting to ambush us by the Valenwood border, he's altmer so if any guards were around they'd probably allow it'' Joncis stared at him, perplexed ''what? how could him ambushing and potentially killing some of us be the best outcome?'' ''Well, worst case is if he's allied with Mannimarco he's off to ambush us, except he'll bring with him some friends, OR he could be alerting half the city that one of us is a Dunmer, that'll cause mass panic. See that over there?'' he pointed to a pile of rubble in the South-western corner of Skingrad ''that used to be an alchemy lab, it was burned down 3 weeks ago, rumors were vampires were hiding in the cellars, we never found any bodies''

"Well, I doubt Mannimarco is the type of guy to be patient. A witchunt would also be just enough chaos for his undead army to get close enough to strike... Any ideas on what to do next?"

Josh12345:
''Well, worst case is if he's allied with Mannimarco he's off to ambush us, except he'll bring with him some friends, OR he could be alerting half the city that one of us is a Dunmer, that'll cause mass panic. See that over there?'' he pointed to a pile of rubble in the South-western corner of Skingrad ''that used to be an alchemy lab, it was burned down 3 weeks ago, rumors were vampires were hiding in the cellars, we never found any bodies''

"In which case we need to move quickly. I have a friend in Kvatch who owes me a favour, It might make more sense to travel there or even further west and cross the river into Valenwood as opposed to heading south now. Unless we're going to Arenthia of course. Where is our destination?"

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
Joncis looked out of the room's balcony, he couldn't see anyone in the streets ''where would he go?'' Enthir joined him after patching up Urgal ''Well best case scenario he's waiting to ambush us by the Valenwood border, he's altmer so if any guards were around they'd probably allow it'' Joncis stared at him, perplexed ''what? how could him ambushing and potentially killing some of us be the best outcome?'' ''Well, worst case is if he's allied with Mannimarco he's off to ambush us, except he'll bring with him some friends, OR he could be alerting half the city that one of us is a Dunmer, that'll cause mass panic. See that over there?'' he pointed to a pile of rubble in the South-western corner of Skingrad ''that used to be an alchemy lab, it was burned down 3 weeks ago, rumors were vampires were hiding in the cellars, we never found any bodies''

"Well, I doubt Mannimarco is the type of guy to be patient. A witchunt would also be just enough chaos for his undead army to get close enough to strike... Any ideas on what to do next?"

Enthir sat on a stool near the balcony table''Hmm, no, he wouldn't send an ARMY, not into Skingrad, the Dominion or Daggerfall Covenant would probably see that as war prep, but if he sent a group of assassin's maybe, or an group OUTSIDE the city walls, remember, this altmer knows that we're going to Falinesti, so if we don't want to get picked off, we'd need to move soon''

Derek_the_Dodo:

Josh12345:
''Well, worst case is if he's allied with Mannimarco he's off to ambush us, except he'll bring with him some friends, OR he could be alerting half the city that one of us is a Dunmer, that'll cause mass panic. See that over there?'' he pointed to a pile of rubble in the South-western corner of Skingrad ''that used to be an alchemy lab, it was burned down 3 weeks ago, rumors were vampires were hiding in the cellars, we never found any bodies''

"In which case we need to move quickly. I have a friend in Kvatch who owes me a favour, It might make more sense to travel there or even further west and cross the river into Valenwood as opposed to heading south now. Unless we're going to Arenthia of course. Where is our destination?"

Joncis took a piece of parchment from his pocket and layed it out on the table ''take a look at the map'': http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:TamrielMap.jpg
''See? Arenthia is directly south of here, it'd be best to take our chances with whatever border patrol they might have, we have a Blade, which their organization is outside the conflict, a Khajiit and a Wood Elf so that might help, but Kvatch has Mannimarco's forces stationed there and Anvil is too far west so it'd e a waste with those two'' Enthir buts in''So once we get the group organized we head south, by the way what's the story with that Redguard?''

Josh12345:

Derek_the_Dodo:

Josh12345:

Joncis took a piece of parchment from his pocket and layed it out on the table ''take a look at the map'': http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:TamrielMap.jpg
''See? Arenthia is directly south of here, it'd be best to take our chances with whatever border patrol they might have, we have a Blade, which their organization is outside the conflict, a Khajiit and a Wood Elf so that might help, but Kvatch has Mannimarco's forces stationed there and Anvil is too far west so it'd e a waste with those two'' Enthir buts in''So once we get the group organized we head south, by the way what's the story with that Redguard?''

"I see what you mean" said Belkin, observing the map. "It would be easier to encounter the border guard and bluff our way through then to sneak over and possibly get caught by forces ahead, or even getting caught smuggling ourselves over! Plus if we do, we've got a straight shot to another town."

SPARTANXIII:

Josh12345:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"I see what you mean" said Belkin, observing the map. "It would be easier to encounter the border guard and bluff our way through then to sneak over and possibly get caught by forces ahead, or even getting caught smuggling ourselves over! Plus if we do, we've got a straight shot to another town."

''Alright, and what of the Redguard? Anruin, you brought her and the Altmer along, maybe she'd know what he'd do next,'' Enthir asks

Dro'Araaj emerged from his room, having been woken up by the clamor in the hallway.
"Are we leaving tonight? If we need to cross the border this one knows of a ruin used by smugglers, just to the south of here."

IFS:
Dro'Araaj emerged from his room, having been woken up by the clamor in the hallway.
"Are we leaving tonight? If we need to cross the border this one knows of a ruin used by smugglers, just to the south of here."

Enthir looked up at Dro'Araaj and laughed ''I know about that ruin, that's suicide, the Dominion has a CAMP stationed at the other side of that thing, they plan on using it as one of the staging grounds to invade Cyrodiil without using the main roads.''

Josh12345:
snip

"I doubt she was doing any of this willingly, but if you want to make sure, I saw her at the Blacksmith trying to get better armor. Also, do we have to worry about the Wild Hunt? If we cross the borders in a group like this unannounced, they may take it as a threat."

Josh12345:

IFS:

Enthir looked up at Dro'Araaj and laughed ''I know about that ruin, that's suicide, the Dominion has a CAMP stationed at the other side of that thing, they plan on using it as one of the staging grounds to invade Cyrodiil without using the main roads.''

"Ah but the smugglers also kept false papers and even a stolen border guard uniform in the ruin, should we wish to legitimize our visit."

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

"I doubt she was doing any of this willingly, but if you want to make sure, I saw her at the Blacksmith trying to get better armor. Also, do we have to worry about the Wild Hunt? If we cross the borders in a group like this unannounced, they may take it as a threat."

''I thought the Wild Hunt happened 3 months ago?'' Joncis asked.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked