Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 40 NEXT

Josh12345:
''Yes I suppose you are right, '' Endya said, reassured that she would go unnoticed there, ''Well we're half way by now and I'm starving, did you pick up any supplies?'' Endya threw a piece of bread at him, ''there,''

Dro'Araaj pulled a piece of venison jerky from his bag and began eating it while he walked, he turned to Joncis and said "This one would offer you some, but he knows how you feel about food from Valenwood."

IFS:

Josh12345:
''Yes I suppose you are right, '' Endya said, reassured that she would go unnoticed there, ''Well we're half way by now and I'm starving, did you pick up any supplies?'' Endya threw a piece of bread at him, ''there,''

Dro'Araaj pulled a piece of venison jerky from his bag and began eating it while he walked, he turned to Joncis and said "This one would offer you some, but he knows how you feel about food from Valenwood."

''Oh very funny'' he says, munching on some bread while looking for his cistern, Endya meanwhile was eating an apple just to give herself something to eat.

Meanwhile,
Enthir's tree continued to move for Falinesti, in the distance, he could see Idreon hanging to a vine, but was quickly shot with several arrows from the tree's occupants, they must have been either bandits or saw what his friend did to the Thalmor earlier. Bites-Her-Tail meanwhile was crossing the river into Cyrodiil and was running north. ''Hmph, looks like just me and Vargmir, and Bitey's probably off to Skingrad, maybe she'll make friends with that Redguard girl.'' Enthir mumbled, Falinesti was now in clear sight and he was out of the smoke, to his right he could see a dock, but he payed to major attention to it.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:
"No, we put Astoph there for a reason. He knows where to point them. Besides, you're all but defenseless without me looking out for you, and they got Vargmir with 'em. It should turn out okay."

'I hope'

Lloden smiled and let out an exasperated sigh. "I'll be fine. I survived for fifty years on my own, I'd say I can survive a few more. But very well." He straightened up and hummed a few bars of an old song.
Ah. That song. Not here. Not now. He stopped humming.
"We're almost ready to get going. The others need to be here soon or we'll be between a rock and a hard place. Or, if you'd prefer, the ocean and a group of altmer with very pointed questions and more pointed swords."

Urgal had expected more resistance. After he and Belkin had cut down three out of the four guards the last one had made a break for it towards the camp.

Let him thought Urgal wiping his enemies splattered blood from his brow as he strode in the direction that the Bosmer was scurrying as if to give chase we're the distraction team, the elf archers can sneak by and steal the boat when he alerts the camp to us out here.

As it happened he didn't hear any alarm walking along the road, nor did he spot any resistance in his way. He was worried that he was walking into a trap keeping his maces at the ready as Belkin snapped his head from side to side wary of danger, until they realised the reason for the lack of patrols.

There was smoke on the horizon behind them, it looked like it was coming from Arenthia. We were just in Arenthia... how valuable is this package? Urgal thought to himself. He grunted as some still hot ash blew down the tunnel formed by the trees on either side of him, and landed underfoot. No wonder there aren't any guards. These bosmer and their precious trees

He came across a hastily abandoned guard post with discarded weapons littered around it. He had found the prisoner camp that they had intended to be the distraction team for... it seemed ghostly quiet, he couldn't even see the one bosmer who had ran in this direction.

Best just get onto the ship and ask questions later thought the Orc as he clambered aboard what looked to him to be the fastest ship out of the three remaining, only to receive an arrow whizzing past his ear into the post behind him with such close accuracy as to suggest it was a warning shot; accuracy afforded only by one or other of his elven companions.

"It's just me and Belkin you fools!" Urgal replied pulling the arrow out of the board with a hand, snapping it, and dropping it to the floor in one swift movement, then stepping aboard. "The Altmer and Bosmer posted here fled for the burning city we just left. Either of you know what that's about? In any case; the camp is deserted and there's a whole bunch of angry mer rushing through the woods looking for someone to blame, I say we leave sooner rather than later. Have you sabotaged the other ships yet?" asked Urgal with some impatience. Taking down a couple of inept border guards wasn't his idea of the fight he had been preparing for, and he was sure that there were bowstrings tightening in the trees around the small dock. Anruin and Lloden appeared from their temporary hiding spots.

Derek_the_Dodo:

Best just get onto the ship and ask questions later thought the Orc as he clambered aboard what looked to him to be the fastest ship out of the three remaining, only to receive an arrow whizzing past his ear into the post behind him with such close accuracy as to suggest it was a warning shot; accuracy afforded only by one or other of his elven companions.

"It's just me and Belkin you fools!" Urgal replied pulling the arrow out of the board with a hand, snapping it, and dropping it to the floor in one swift movement, then stepping aboard. "The Altmer and Bosmer posted here fled for the burning city we just left. Either of you know what that's about? In any case; the camp is deserted and there's a whole bunch of angry mer rushing through the woods looking for someone to blame, I say we leave sooner rather than later. Have you sabotaged the other ships yet?" asked Urgal with some impatience. Taking down a couple of inept border guards wasn't his idea of the fight he had been preparing for, and he was sure that there were bowstrings tightening in the trees around the small dock. Anruin and Lloden appeared from their temporary hiding spots.

Lloden watched the arrow whiz by, and glanced at Anruin and himself. Neither of whom were touching their bows. Kaoc'."Less important to sabotage. The guards are scattered, won't notice us. I hope. But that," He nodded at the snapped arrow, "is not a good sign. Or maybe it's a good sign that we need to leave immediately." He shrugged. "The boat's all ready. Let's go catch us some slavers."

Anruin glanced at the arrow,

'Is that Orcish?' he wondered, 'No matter'

"Ships ready then? Urgal, Belkin, come aboard. We're getting the hell outta here!"

Urgal and Belkin climbed aboard, Astoph a bit behind them. Lloden began pulling the boat out, and after a few minutes and a few more curious arrows, they were out.

"Fuck trees!" Anruin yelled back laughing, noticing the archer on the docks. They were abit too far out to tell what he or she was.

SamtheDeathclaw:
"Less important to sabotage. The guards are scattered, won't notice us. I hope. But that," He nodded at the snapped arrow, "is not a good sign. Or maybe it's a good sign that we need to leave immediately." He shrugged. "The boat's all ready. Let's go catch us some slavers."

"If you want a job done properly... wait a moment." grumbled Urgal as he hopped, surprisingly lightly for his size, over the side of the ship onto the dock and headed behind one of the remaining ships. With a roar and a heavy swing, he swung a mace at the rudder, smashing most of the mechanism into the inky black water.

He made short work of the other ship as well and was lightly jogging back to their newly commandeered vessel when an arrow was shot from directly ahead, perfectly flush with his battered clan amulet upon his chest, hitting it dead centre. The shock of the blow staggered the Orc, and it took him a while to regain composure before he had a chance to look for where the arrow was shot from.

Nothing.

The trees shook from a gasp of wind as if to mock him. Urgal's heart was racing. This was an expert marksman and could have killed him either then or before. What was he waiting for? Why spare me? thought Urgal, confused.

The second arrow had been lost in the undergrowth, but he pocketed the arrowhead still stuck in the post from the first one. The others hadn't noticed the encounter, busy as they were preparing the ship to sail. I won't say anything for the moment... at least until we're away from this silent place

"I've disabled the other ships. Let's go." said Urgal matter of factly.

Lloden hoisted the sail, which immediately caught the wind and spread out. "Thank the Eight for prevailing winds." He sighed. "I need to do some charting if we're going to try and follow them. I'll be in captain's quarters if you need me."
I hate sailing. So. Much. He walked across the deck, and ducked into the cramped quarters. Some dumb sod had left the routes marked on the map. All they needed to do was keep an eye out and follow the route. Good. Not sure if I still remember how to navigate. And I don't see an astrolabe anywhere around here.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Lloden hoisted the sail, which immediately caught the wind and spread out. "Thank the Eight for prevailing winds." He sighed. "I need to do some charting if we're going to try and follow them. I'll be in captain's quarters if you need me."
I hate sailing. So. Much. He walked across the deck, and ducked into the cramped quarters. Some dumb sod had left the routes marked on the map. All they needed to do was keep an eye out and follow the route. Good. Not sure if I still remember how to navigate. And I don't see an astrolabe anywhere around here.

Urgal pushed open the cabin door and banged his head.

Ducking this time, he took a look over the charts. Lines, symbols, numbers, names and nautical terms he didn't recognise.

"I'd lend a hand but...you look at home..." smiled Urgal glancing at the bewildered Dunmer in front of him "Let me know..." He edged out of the door in a way that he seemed to think was a lot more stealthy than it was "If you need anything..." he stepped out of the doorway, then hastily popped his head back through "Left a bit?" He said unhelpfully. "Like I said... you look like...you've got it covered..." Urgal murmured, making his way below deck.

He pulled out the arrowhead and slotted it into the small notch made on his amulet. Definitely the same archer who nearly killed me twice. He put his amulet on the table and twisted the arrowhead around in his thumb, not wanting to examine it closer, as he suspected what he might find. Only one person I know can afford to trust that much in their accuracy with a warning shot. He twisted it around again, scraping his thumb against the point.

He let out a tired breath, and held the arrowhead close to the flickering lamplight. It had lost some of its shine from the impact of the post, but Urgal recognised the metal straight away. He recalled the scent of it wafting from his mothers forges as a child as she smelt it into some precious work, he had polished and wiped it clean of blood too many times, and indeed he had collected thousands of arrows identical to this one from his brothers archery target when he was too young to swing a mace.

Orichalcum. How you crop up in the strangest of places.

He rested the arrowhead in the notch of the amulet once more.

Kaglar. He was on those docks. He sent this arrow to me. But why did he not reveal himself? How did chance occur that we would be both be in the same place at once? Is he my enemy, these days? He did intentionally miss me, but then why fire an arrow at all? Is he in danger? Was this a message?

As Urgal's thoughts got more and more frantic, he unconsciously dug the arrowhead deeper into the amulet, and had his trail of thought interrupted by a snap, as the amulet's notch grew into a scratch, going from the centre to the bottom of the metal as if a jagged bolt of lightening had struck the already blackened and rusted emblem of his clan.

He hung it around his neck, and in a moment of spontaneity decided to retie the rough length of string so as to affix the arrowhead within so it settled just above where the amulet sat on his chest when he slipped it on.

He sat in silent contemplation, listening to the waves crashing on the outside of the ship.

Derek_the_Dodo:

Urgal pushed open the cabin door and banged his head.

Ducking this time, he took a look over the charts. Lines, symbols, numbers, names and nautical terms he didn't recognise.

"I'd lend a hand but...you look at home..." smiled Urgal glancing at the bewildered Dunmer in front of him "Let me know..." He edged out of the door in a way that he seemed to think was a lot more stealthy than it was "If you need anything..." he stepped out of the doorway, then hastily popped his head back through "Left a bit?" He said unhelpfully. "Like I said... you look like...you've got it covered..." Urgal murmured, making his way below deck.

Lloden sighed and shook his head at the bumbling orsimer staggering away. What a sneaky fellow.
He turned to the charts, and thought carefully back to his days on a ship. With some effort, he managed to remember them. And why he had gotten off at the first port he managed to get to.
With some effort, he got it all sorted, and went back to the wheel, and steered them in the right direction.

Anruin sighed. Lloden had ordered him to the crows nest due to being the only one who could climb it.

'At least I get this spyglass.' he thought, bored. The waves were starting to get to him as well. He was glad to get some better fitting clothes from below deck, however they did smell faintly of cheese.

He thought about the report Astoph had given them, and how most of the party had been wiped out by the Thalmor. He had only seen some, but none of them made it to the boat, so he assumed the worst.

"Hey, Lloden," Anruin called down, "Remember that bet about Idreon? You owe me 5 drakes."

ruedyn:
Anruin sighed. Lloden had ordered him to the crows nest due to being the only one who could climb it.

'At least I get this spyglass.' he thought, bored. The waves were starting to get to him as well. He was glad to get some better fitting clothes from below deck, however they did smell faintly of cheese.

He thought about the report Astoph had given them, and how most of the party had been wiped out by the Thalmor. He had only seen some, but none of them made it to the boat, so he assumed the worst.

"Hey, Lloden," Anruin called down, "Remember that bet about Idreon? You owe me 5 septims."

"I thought we made it ten?" he laughed. "Damn. So they're all gone?" he said, frowning.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Hey, Lloden," Anruin called down, "Remember that bet about Idreon? You owe me 5 septims."

"I thought we made it ten?" he laughed. "Damn. So they're all gone?" he said, frowning.

"I was trying to make it easier on you but sure, I'll gladly take more of your money... I admit, some of their passings are sad, but the world could always use less vampires and daedra worshipers. Urgal not included."

ruedyn:

"I was trying to make it easier on you but sure, I'll gladly take more of your money... I admit, some of their passings are sad, but the world could always use less vampires and daedra worshipers. Urgal not included."[/quote]
"The Telvanni always pay their debts." he laughed, and counted out ten drakes and put them in a separate, empty, pouch. "Ah, oblivion. Whatever we're carrying, it's obviously not very safe." He sighed. "Makes my nose itch."

SamtheDeathclaw:
snip

Anruin climbed down and took the pouch.

"I think Enthir told me it was some kind of artefact, but I always doubted that... It's something old, important to the war, and important enough to warrant a death enchantment. Any thoughts as too what it is? And apparently it isn't a dragon egg."

'Got to remember to visit the Jerall mountains after this.'

ruedyn:

"I think Enthir told me it was some kind of artefact, but I always doubted that... It's something old, important to the war, and important enough to warrant a death enchantment. Any thoughts as too what it is? And apparently it isn't a dragon egg."

Balac-Thurm? No, they wouldn't dare leave that to a ragtag bunch of misfits. Not the Amulet of Kings, either. So those are out. But beyond that, what else would they even want to protect? "I really don't know. Something important, powerful, and ancient. Could be anything." he said dryly.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

Balac-Thurm? No, they wouldn't dare leave that to a ragtag bunch of misfits. Not the Amulet of Kings, either. So those are out. But beyond that, what else would they even want to protect? "I really don't know. Something important, powerful, and ancient. Could be anything." he said dryly.

"Could be an Elder Scroll, a naked painting of Mannimarco, or even a dwemer creation. Anyways, I'm off to my post. Have fun down here." He said before climbing back up and trying to look at the docks through the spyglass.

ruedyn:
"Could be an Elder Scroll, a naked painting of Mannimarco, or even a dwemer creation. Anyways, I'm off to my post. Have fun down here." He said before climbing back up and trying to look at the docks through the spyglass.

Lloden just laughed and shook his head. He checked their course again, and deciding it was steady enough, he pegged the wheel so it wouldn't move, and leaned over the railing nearby to watch the waves.

Enthir's tree stopped and he walked along one of the branches onto a larger branch from a gargantuan tree, to his left and right were homes and further along the branch he came to a group of shops built on top of the tree, he was in Falinesti. Enthir walked into what appeared to be an alchemy lab, as he went inside, an Altmer browsed through a small row of potions to his right, behind the counter was an Imga carrying some boxes into the back room. ''Welcome, and what's a Cyrodiil like yourself doing in Falinesti?'' a wood elf behind the counter said, ''I need to find a woman named Endya Mothis, old, Altmer, perhaps you know her?'' ''Oh yes, she pops in for a few elixers once every few weeks, she lives in the Pine District, outside, take the tree branch to the left, from there get the vine to the upper levels, her house will be made from wood cut from the niben,'' ''Thank you'' Enthir said, leaving the shop and heading for her house, he didn't know how he'd tell between Nibeny wood and other kinds of housing, in fact he's just hoping the one house he's looking for is a completely different colour.

OOC: Imga are about 4 foot tall, look like apes and aside from maybe a few along the Elsweyr border we won't see any outside of Valenwood.

The beach slowly had less and less sand and all of a sudden the group were walking along a stone path, up ahead were the gate to Dusk, 2 guards were at it, ''So how do you want to handle this?'' Joncis asked, stopping the group, Endya pushed on ''Don't worry, they are only there to stop wanted thieves or Bandits from getting in or out of the town, Dusk is the gateway to Tamriel for most Altmer and a good portion of it's cargo would be worth a fortune for marauders''

Anruin was tapping his fingers on the rail of the crows nest, and decided to check in front of them for the umpteenth time that day.

"Is that...? LLODEN, LAND!" He yelled down, beginning his descent.

"Get the others, looks like there's a crashed ship."

Urgal came back above deck, squinting into the sunlight. The shores of Valenwood were beyond sight and in the direction the ship was heading the glimmering peak of crystal tower came into view. Apparently it was possible to see the mountains of mainland Tamriel from the top of this magical spire. A great throne of Arcane power.

"Out of the fire..." Urgal muttered to himself.

He caught Lloden leaning against the cabin door, stepped out to get some sea air and sunlight. Urgal caught his eye and threw him a salty strip of meat.

"More where that came from down below."

Josh12345:
The beach slowly had less and less sand and all of a sudden the group were walking along a stone path, up ahead were the gate to Dusk, 2 guards were at it, ''So how do you want to handle this?'' Joncis asked, stopping the group, Endya pushed on ''Don't worry, they are only there to stop wanted thieves or Bandits from getting in or out of the town, Dusk is the gateway to Tamriel for most Altmer and a good portion of it's cargo would be worth a fortune for marauders''

They entered the town with no trouble from the guards, who barely even glanced at them before motioning them through.

Dro'Araaj moved to the head of the group and began a brisk walk through the town to his friends house, "Eraamion was my first alchemy teacher, he will be happy to provide us with shelter for a few days."

Lloden began pulling down the sail, and brought the ship around.

Derek_the_Dodo:

He caught Lloden leaning against the cabin door, stepped out to get some sea air and sunlight. Urgal caught his eye and threw him a salty strip of meat.

"More where that came from down below."

"Thanks."
Lloden gnawed on the meat as he studied the shoreline, where the broken remnants of Joncis' ship lay.
"Come on. We're going to have to row the rest of the way."

IFS:

Josh12345:

They entered the town with no trouble from the guards, who barely even glanced at them before motioning them through.

Dro'Araaj moved to the head of the group and began a brisk walk through the town to his friends house, "Eraamion was my first alchemy teacher, he will be happy to provide us with shelter for a few days."

''So the plan is what exactly?'' Joncis asked, ''Well the plan is to spend the afternoon getting supplies, then checking the travel schedules by the docks and when we can get safe passage to either Haven or Torval soonest, from there, We wait until Enthir and the rest of your group meets up with us again''

SamtheDeathclaw:

"Come on. We're going to have to row it the rest of the way."

Urgal found the anchor and tossed it overboard. The crew all made their way to the small dingy and started rowing it towards the shipwreck.

Urgal could swear he saw a slight glint of metal through a sizeable hole in the hull. Though it lasted for such a short moment that he subconsciously dismissed it...

Josh12345:
''So the plan is what exactly?'' Joncis asked, ''Well the plan is to spend the afternoon getting supplies, then checking the travel schedules by the docks and when we can get safe passage to either Haven or Torval soonest, from there, We wait until Enthir and the rest of your group meets up with us again''

"Why don'y we see if we can find a mage to teleport us to haven once we've found the rest of the group?" Dro'Araaj slowed his pace a little "It would certainly be faster, and there's got to be a mage capable of teleporting here, we are in the summerset Isles after all."

Derek_the_Dodo:

SamtheDeathclaw:

"Come on. We're going to have to row it the rest of the way."

Urgal found the anchor and tossed it overboard. The crew all made their way to the small dingy and started rowing it towards the shipwreck.

Urgal could swear he saw a slight glint of metal through a sizeable hole in the hull. Though it lasted for such a short moment that he subconsciously dismissed it...

As they crunched up on the shore, Lloden hopped out of the boat.
"NO. MORE. BOATS." he said emphatically.
As everyone splashed to the shore, he towed the boat high up on the shore.
"Okay, maybe not. But still." he sighed.

IFS:

Josh12345:

"Why don'y we see if we can find a mage to teleport us to haven once we've found the rest of the group?" Dro'Araaj slowed his pace a little "It would certainly be faster, and there's got to be a mage capable of teleporting here, we are in the summerset Isles after all."

''Sorry, won't happen, the only mages I know of that could do that are the Psijic Order, and they live on the island of Artaeum, and normally they wouldn't just go around towns handing out their services, still, I agree that we should probably avoid going on another boat'' Joncis said with a laugh. ''Well tough.'' Said Endya ''if you haven't noticed, Summerset is a series of islands, so we're going to need a boat to leave this land''

SamtheDeathclaw:

"Ha. You did fine. Least we didn't run into any pirates."

A flock of gulls took off nearby cawing into the wind, adding percussion to the slow constant sound of the sea.

SamtheDeathclaw:

Anruin chuckled,

"So, I think I'll scout on ahead since I didn't row. You guys should scout the wreckage over there. Might find something useful... Kind of looks like the boat Joncis was on doesn't it?" He said in passing, turning around.

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Ha. You did fine. Least we didn't run into any pirates."

A flock of gulls took off nearby cawing into the wind, adding percussion to the slow constant sound of the sea.

"Well, we ourselves are pirates of a sort, so in a certain way of looking at it..." he laughed and stretched.
He caught a gleam out of the corner of his eye, and whirled about to face it.
"I am thinking we are not alone here." he said slowly. He carefully drew and nocked an arrow.

ruedyn:

SamtheDeathclaw:

Anruin chuckled,

"So, I think I'll scout on ahead since I didn't row. You guys should scout the wreckage over there. Might find something useful... Kind of looks like the boat Joncis was on doesn't it?" He said in passing, turning around.

"Yeah, very similar to the ones left at the docks in Valenwood." Urgal crunched across the pebbly beach towards the wreckage inspecting pieces of driftwood at his feet as he went, not finding much of use.

The wreckage creaked in the wind, and the sound of driftwood slapping against the semi submerged side could be heard.

SamtheDeathclaw:

He caught a gleam out of the corner of his eye, and whirled about to face it.
"I am thinking we are not alone here." he said slowly. He carefully drew and nocked an arrow.

Urgal stopped in his tracks, just a few feet from the hole in the hull.

Josh12345:
''Sorry, won't happen, the only mages I know of that could do that are the Psijic Order, and they live on the island of Artaeum, and normally they wouldn't just go around towns handing out their services, still, I agree that we should probably avoid going on another boat'' Joncis said with a laugh. ''Well tough.'' Said Endya ''if you haven't noticed, Summerset is a series of islands, so we're going to need a boat to leave this land''

Dro'Araaj sighed, "So unless some magic shortcut presents itself we are either swimming or taking a boat," he reached the door to a large house, knocked on the door and waited, when there was no response he glanced around and picked the lock, he looked inside "He's not here, must be out in the field collecting ingredients."

His nose twitched and he turned and looked into the distance, "Look a smoke trail, smells like... blood? bandits perhaps?" he said pointing out a thin wisp of smoke coming from just out of town.

Derek_the_Dodo:

Urgal stopped in his tracks, just a few feet from the hole in the hull.

Padding forward on the soft sand, Lloden kept his string arm taut, ready to draw and fire with a moment's notice.
"Show yourself!" he commanded. "We mean no harm."

SamtheDeathclaw:
"Show yourself!" he commanded. "We mean no harm."

"They do." Anruin said, arm bent in an awkward position behind his back by a burly orc.

"On the bright side I took one do-" He managed, before a brutal hit to the back of his head knocked him out.

"We're calling the shots now." He said motioning towards the hull hole. An Argonian and a khajit emerged, both brandishing swords. A tall scarred Altmer emerged from the ship, invisibilty potion wearing off. "The orc fell for it."

"Grat, he should be finding the rest of our crew any moment now." The khajit said, malicous smile on his face.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked