Age of the Necromancers (Zombie RP)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Spector29:
I suppose that depends on how many people want to join at that point. We'll see, I guess.

Oh I forgot Shane also has his bicycle as well.

Right, so, News Time.

First, I will be gone for the remainder of today (starting from an hour or two from now) and probably all day tommorow. The RP proper is due to start Tuesday.

Second, all characters thus far have been accepted.

Third, if your username isn't Caramel Frappe I'm going to have to put you on the reserve list if you want to join. I intend to create personal stories as well as a group one, so I can't have thirty PCs running around. Unless Caramel wants to help me instead of playing, I guess.

Fourth, the puzzle is still not solved and as a reminder, is open to everyone to solve.

Now for future procedure;

I will make (and link) a new thread for the game. It will have a very short OP message. You all are to write your own introductions, and I will throw you something to respond to. Feel free to pursue your own agendas when responding, but be warned I, as All the Lords of Terror, will also have my own agenda if you want to deal with any of them.

I, as Benevolent Admin, will also try to steer you as close to success as possible.

Think of me as a White-GM when something environmental happens, and Black-GM when a Lord of Terror is directly involved.

Be prepared. Some of you WILL die, the Black-GM will make sure of it. And don't think I won't use your character's back story against you.

Spector29:
Third, if your username isn't Caramel Frappe I'm going to have to put you on the reserve list if you want to join. I intend to create personal stories as well as a group one, so I can't have thirty PCs running around. Unless Caramel wants to help me instead of playing, I guess.

Thank you for ensuring I get a spot. Much appreciated and I shall help whenever you need me to. Will RP as well no doubt.

Name: Ryan Matthew

Description: Ryan weighs 152 and has the height of 5.9 feet. Short dark brown hair that's spiked in the front with a 5 on top and 4 on the sides, short trimmed sideburns and a square on the back. His eyes are mocha colored and in good enough shape to sprint and burn off 400 calories (as in he can run over 25 minutes at 6.2 miles per hour). Part German, Irish, and overall American caucasian.

As for clothing, Ryan has an interesting tastes in looking like a Necromancer by heart. Since he's an artist and has taken courses from General Arts to Graphic Designs in College, he was able to make his own clothing.

Starting Location: The far side of Location City, or least dead close to it. In a mental hospital, Ryan stays there practicing his dark arts. The people that used to work there fled, most got away but some eaten alive. Also there are patients there who remain safe in their cells, Ryan takes care of them but also 'tests' their mentality while exploring the powers of necromancy.

Why s/he's still alive: He isn't skilled in combat, hiding, or anything special. Ryan only survived because of patience, remaining to sit in the shadows for hours on end until it was absolutely clear to advance onward. As of now, he also can blend in the shadows thanks to his uniform and the ability to use necromancy.

How s/he plans to get a Necrominion: Working for it. Obviously he doesn't plan to just go for the book and read it- the book is not of this world and can backfire if unprepared. Ryan shall study, train, and prepare for what the book requires of his being. Practice to handle the powers this book teaches is also another matter. Once Ryan feels ready, he will seek it out.

Description of Personal/First Zombie: His first zombie was his ex girlfriend for whom he dated for 4 years. She died before Ryan couldn't reach her in time when the news was all over about the zombie invasion, and the dire pain was what Ryan felt first. Then, a realization... to bring her back. Why not, he already knew it was possible. So using what he knew, and taking caution.. he managed. But, his first attempt was pretty flawed- his ex girlfriend he used to love and know was brain dead (couldn't think even with instinct), sort of hard to control thus her body was dying quickly with rotten flesh and open wounds that couldn't close. This necromancy would need constant work and perfecting, and that's when Ryan decided to kill off his ex who was nothing more then a abomination at that point and try 'advancing' his techniques.

Motivation to become a Necromancer: When Ryan was just 14, he was fascinated with the dark arts. Everyone assumed it was just a myth to bring people back to life, along with the fact it's considered to be Satan's doing. However despite being a Christian, with the love he had for the ideal of controlling and binding the undead to his will, Ryan researched. He took classes in high school all the way to College in understanding how the human body works, how the mind copes with death, and so on. Eventually thanks to the Necrominion and Adam's doing... necromancy became a reality or least was revealed to be true. Ryan took full advantage.

When Ryan uses necromancy, it's special. Due to constant practice and more studies/results of necromancy along with getting 'insights' of the Necrominion book (scraps really, not full length pages) Ryan has a unique style to using and bringing forth zombies. He uses a dark spell which wraps around the body and 'materializes' the body, making it safe from decaying. Of course it's harder to preform and takes a lot of focus. However thanks to training and repeats of failed attempts, Ryan managed to make 'perfect' zombies in conditions that heals the corpse to become 'alive' again but just the concept deals with how the spell alters the body to regenerate. Once Ryan loses focus or decides to stop the spell, the zombie instantly dies and decomposes as a side affect.

Two out of three Necromancers thus far sound like people who would totally get along with Adam if he weren't, you know, Destined to die.

Ryan is accepted, and we already discussed how your spell will come at the cost of things being tougher for you.

I THINK I may not have to be offline tommorow after all, but it's not certain yet.

So I'm more-or-less officially starting the RP soon. Like, now. I might not get around to replying, but go ahead and post your intros in the game thread, as soon as I make it.

Thread made. You don't actually have to respond or hear those questions, and yes, they will be updated.

Caramel Frappe:
snip

That... was amazing... Now I'm wishing I would have went a necromancer cos now I have so many ideas in my head. CURSE YOU AND YOUR LITERARY SKILLS! :)

Wow, I feel really stupid. I kept coming to this thread and wondering why it wasn't being active. Then I discovered the second page...

>.>

An opening has been created by the death of Travis Arnold. Current players as well as the now ex-player must wait 24-hours after this post before submitting another character.

Name: Solomon Wreath

Description: Solomon is 18 years old. His hair is black like coal and his eyes are red like blood. He dresses in black to fit his dark, hollow personality. Solomon used to be a good natured person. He was kind, generous and loved to help others. He was an only child and lived happily with his parents in a rich wealthy lifestyle. The one day everything changed. He was enjoying breakfast when he saw his mother and father be eaten alive by a hoarde of zombies. Something about watching the two people he loved most in the world being eaten alive changed him. Something cracked inside of him. It was as if someone has simply flipped a switch turning him from good to evil. He became an empty, cold hearted monster. He fed off other peoples misery. The old Solomon was gone and in his place stood a hollow shell who just wanted to see the world burn.

Starting location: After narrowly escaping a hoarde of zombies Solomon managed to break his fathers security system and hide in the basement. What Solomon soon discovered was horrifying. Solomon was not hiding in his basement. He had stumbled upon a Necromancer temple under his house. After reading his fathers diary he discovered that his father was the leader of a group of Necromancers. Apparently their previous temple was destroyed and his father had just finished building a new one. Solomon soon found the blueprints and found that the temple was airtight. He also found a storeroom with enough food to last him for years. Solomon became increasingly interested in Necromancy and began reading about it in The temple library. Solomon became intrigued in the Dark arts and became consumed in the darkness and let his anger and anguish grow and develop. Solomon soon realised that he would need people that he could experiment on and test new magic on. He used the temples technology to locate and contact novice Necromancers around the city. Within days he had recruited 2 followers. He began to train with and experiment new spells on his follower. Meanwhile he kept his other follower trapped in the dungeon where Solomon planned to make him his own personal slave, a zombie. To stay more powerful than his follower who could never be trusted, Solomon would forbid use on most facilities so that he could increase his powers and at a quicker rate. Although Solomons powers are minuscule he aspires to become the most feared Necromancer in the world. As time passed Solomon continued to be be consumed by the darkness.

Why He's Still Alive: After locking himself in an airtight Necromancer Temple with food, books and a follower, surviving became relatively easy. Though he had to remain wary of his follower, as long as he remained more powerful he had nothing to worry about. The main reason why my character survived was because of his wealthy family and Necromancer Father.

How He Plans To Get A Necrominion: Although Solomons powers have yet to develop he has yearned for more power. He had read of the rare and powerful book, the Necrominion. The minute Solomon heard the name he knew it was the key to becoming the most powerful Necromancer alive. He had heard of a few people in the city who has this book and with the assistance of his follower he planned to retrieve the book in any way possible and nobody would stand in his way.

Description Of Personal/First Zombie: One day Solomon felt something. He felt ready to enter the next stage. He went down to the dungeons where his test-subject was waiting. He tied him to an operating table and began to experiment. After weeks of testing, planning and theorising he began the process. The pixels was horrifying and painful for the test subject but after weeks of operating he had done it. He had turned this novice Necromancer into his own personal zombie. Although the Necromancer lost a lot of flesh in the process it was the result that counted. He had created his first zombie. Solomon almost smiled and couldn't help feeling proud of his achievement.

Motivation To Become A Necromancer: After watching his parents being eaten alive by zombies Solomon changed forever. He became a hollow shell who just wanted to see the world burn. He needed to pour his anger and anguish into something, he needed it to grow and become more powerful, and after finding the hundreds of Necromancy books just waiting to be read he knew, he had found it.

Wow...I'm put in an awkward position.

On one hand, Welcome to The Escapist!

On the other, Solomon is WAY too powerful. A legion of followers and experience makes him a Mimi-Lord right out of the gate, which is unfair to the other players.

Please dial down his power.

Spector29:
-Snip-

Hey Spector. I'm asking if you still have slots for the Necromancer position in your RP? If so, I'd like to send a form for your consideration.

There is an opening for a Necromancer position, yes. By all means, I'd love to review the application.

Spector29:
There is an opening for a Necromancer position, yes. By all means, I'd love to review the application.

Okay. Here's my guy. Hope he's acceptable.

Excellent. You know, Ryan the Necromancer is in an insane asylum right now. Following him to his destination could lead to a beneficial confrontation.

Spector29:
Excellent. You know, Ryan the Necromancer is in an insane asylum right now. Following him to his destination could lead to a beneficial confrontation.

Hmm. Alright. I'll think on how to introduce my character and write an opening post then. I'll read up a bit on the recent posts from the others yeah?

Okay I'll dial down his power soon so you can check my application later and it should be edited.

Spector29:

Speaking of which, what is happening with Fallow or are we going to wait until ryan gets to the warehouse as well?

Caramel says he'll wait for the new guy, then the big Necro-fight will go down.

gotcha

Okay my application has been edited and I agree that he way too powerful! I've dialed down his power and hopefully the Necromancer slot is still open.

Well, normally I wouldn't take another, but the player list is unbalanced and I need to do something with the Survivor PCs anyway.

Solomon, you're accepted. But make your post quickly, because I have plans.

Ok then, I'll make a starter post now!

I have a few questions though.

Does anyone play the lords or are they currently NPC type characters?

Am I free to roleplay necromancy however I want within reason of course or should Inbe compelled to roleplay with others immediately?

Oh, don't worry, You'll be roleplaying with others REAL soon.

And All of the Lords are NPCs, for the foreseeable future.

Also, how often should I post a storyline? I've just posted a big paragraph.

Just post whenever someone's addressing you. Post, respond. Post, respond. If no one's addressing you, go out and cause trouble. You're a Necromancer.

What time zone are most of the players in? Because when I posted this it was 1:48, do I'd like to get a general idea.

Excuse me Spector29? I don't want to complain but I feel like Davids fighting is unfair. I read his application and posts but none of them explain his abilities. How did he teleport or whatever that was? I thought he was a survivor! And I just don't see how I can win if this continues.

I can't see how ether of you will win, to be honest. He needs to actually get hit once and a while, but you're barely into the fight.

I know, it's just taking longer than expected :/

Hey Spector, there's not a problem but could you read the recent posts and post any opinions, Solutions and problems, thank you.

Hello, I was wondering if there were any positions available to join as a survivor? I've been reading the thread posts and I've read all about the other characters and think I would make a valuable contribution to this thread. Here is my application and please consider accepting me:

Name: Rose WhiteCloak

Description: Rose is 22 years old. Before the apocalypse Rose was a model and aspiring actress. She was always so beautiful but it didn't make her shallow. Through the years she remained smart, generous and most of all, kind. When the apocalypse began, Rose remained calm, smart and resourceful, unlike so many other people.

Why she's still alive: Rose is alive for many reasons. When the apocalypse struck, Rose remained smart, resourceful and above all else, calm. She was staying in a 5 star hotel known as Clifftop Resort. After everyone else panicked and ran to their dooms, Rose stayed. The hotel had food, electricity and security. She locked the high metal gates surrounding the hotel, closed the bulletproof glass doors and prepared. The hotel had luxuries including a rooftop pool, golf and not to mention 5 star facilities. Most of all it had conditioners and moisturisers, something Rose knew would become obsolete soon.

Starting location: A 5 star hotel known as Clifftop Resort. It has a big food supply and a limited electricity and water supply. It had great facilities and is filled with bulletproof glass and a high metal gate.

Starting Equipment: Well anything she could find in the hotel: an axe, food, water, medical supplies and many, many, many moisturisers.

Other: Although she was a model and aspiring actress she had wanted to become to a doctor but her friends convinced her to go into modelling. She carries around a medical kit and often reads about medicine.

Rihgt now, I'll put you on reserve. But at least one person is going to die in the near future, so you won't have to wait long.

Okay thank you, I'll keep reading the thread and wait to find out when someone dies! (That sounded wrong :p)

Solomon Wreath:
Excuse me Spector29? I don't want to complain but I feel like Davids fighting is unfair. I read his application and posts but none of them explain his abilities. How did he teleport or whatever that was? I thought he was a survivor! And I just don't see how I can win if this continues.

ok here the thing i can disappear at will with the help of smoke bombs and/or doing back flips up into the scaffolding so basically i'm a ninja sorry i didn't explain it before.

Spector29:
I can't see how ether of you will win, to be honest. He needs to actually get hit once and a while, but you're barely into the fight.

hey i am quite beaten up i got bloody nose, a deep bleeding cut on my back and a few little cut from his shards and if he were to punch me or something with his magic i'd go along with it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked