Timed Misery (1800's Supernatural Mystery Adventure, Closed Game Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

RaNDM G:
Donal - Prices Long

"I'd suggest Timothy Leary, a fine man in any case, give him a good word from Prices and he will do business with you in a snap. You can find it on the map or simply ask any carriage."

SkullKing84:
John- Harkstead, In Tommy's Residence and Workshop

"It's Timothy." Saying with a half sneer Tomm- or rather Timothy's hand as he shook John's was clearly calloused and scarred in all the right places for someone so long with needled in hand.

Ushering them both in and steering John to a clear spot in the work shop, "Stay." He said simply, like a master to a dog. Now with a more clear view the work shop was a bit taller then your average ground level, different kinds of cloth, and tools littered the area.
Opposable wooden mannequins stood around some in states of half finished dresses and suits among other things.

Teagan sidled over to John as Timothy hustled and bustled, ducking in to a small closet looking door, and emerging with tea and cups.

"He's a bit rough, but he gets better as you grow on him." Whispering as best he could.

"You'll be needing a suit then?" Pouring the tea from a worn homely kettle, Timothy looked John up and down as he carried his cup over. Obviously rhetorical, Timothy shot Teagan a glance and Teagan merely nodded in response as he moved to the tea.

Snatching two up and handing one to John, "Tom here is the best, he can measure anyone just by looking at them."

MortifiedPenguin:
Jacqueline -The Trotters Twine

"Sure thing dear." Her last word was with disappointment, as she sighed and looked back to her paper. It sounded off to Jacqueline as she heard her speak, part of her knew it was quite heavenly, but another part of it itched a place in her skull.

Leaning in a bit closer the Bartender whispered, "Try to ignore her miss, she's a bit ornery, and by my guess attracted to you." With a sly wink the bartender replied, wait... what?

Lucrece Leblanc - Angels' Rest, Mid Town

She had asked and Angelina had answered, giving her life story. Lucrece had to make sure though, years worth of distrust didn't go anyway in a second or just because someone had told a pretty tale. Seeing as the woman was willing , Lucrece took advantage of the opportunity. While she was a liar or not didn't matter, just some things couldn't be expressed in words. She wanted to see this for herself. Setting aside the teacup and removing one glove, Lucrece reached out and placed her hand on top of Angelina's.

Terratina.:

Like watching films in a house of mirrors, a whirlwind of images and emotions were at her finger tips. Everything from a father drinking and drowning himself slowly, only to end with him hanging in the air. Running and fleeing from alleys of the city, to the country side, and eventually a boat. Most of it held a blurry almost depressing veil around it, obscuring details and making things seem either darker or shrouded from view. For instance her brothers face was probably the strangest in her mind, as if it was blocked, not deliberately, but by some other force.

For a part everything was true, and a few small things Angeline didn't go in to details were the fact that she worked as a prostitute, maid, and a few other small jobs, had scars on her back and legs from father and others, and for a majority was in her late 30's despite looking in her mid-twenties.

Though the images were veiled by some sort of obstruction, Lucrece could see that Angeline, as always, told the truth. Somewhat touched by her honesty, Lucrece leant back and reached for her necklace and squeezed it tight as thoughts of how to use this woman and her resources that she willingly offered entered her brain. There was the matter of the train journey, how so many fragments of other people's lives found themselves nested her brain, yet she couldn't recall the faces of those people. It perturbed her. The fragment of gunpowder and blood still shook her, Lucrece wanted to know whom this experience belonged to. A soldier? A murderer? And there was the memory of moonlight and rooftops, what would draw a lady to that part of the night? The information was somehow locked. This Angeline would serve as a lockpick, somehow.

Lucrece picked up the teacup and took a swift sip, eyes unblinking as she tried to recall the few faint fragments of the other passengers on the train. Hopefully they all would still be in Harkstead, by choice or not. And there was the matter of whether the few faint figures she had not forgotten would help her piece the whole thing together. Lucrece was sensitive to matters of memory, after all, she was a memory thief and thieves hold on to their stolen stash fiercely. What alarmed her was the fact that there was hardly any fragments of the train journey like it was something somebody wanted them to forget.

She raised her head and nodded, "I see your intentions are pure. Alors... There is something I believe you can assist me with."

Lucrece paused to pour herself some more tea, taking care to pour the milk in first, lest the delicate china be harmed. She then stirred it, the circular motions somehow comforting during this candid moment.

"It may seem trival, but all memory of the train journey here has been wiped from my mind somehow, or rather - I suspect - someone..."

Terratina.:

"I see. Let me try something thing..." Thoughtful and happy at the acceptance, her tone was still in a pendulum swing of regret.
"-!" Opening her mouth she tried to speak but it seemed like she spoke of emptiness and air. Sighing,
"This has happened before, and not just to you. I can speak only truth of my own these days. If I was younger perhaps I could have explained anything to you, for back then it was near divine in its limits."

Lucrece knew much of this to a degree from memory, simply being able to tell at random if something, or someone, was true or false, such a power was divining in itself.

"If I focus I can do it almost as well, but whatever happened to you is beyond me. A friend of mine came to me with such a problem as well, and while I can't delve in to his mind, perhaps you can."

Reaching in to her desk she brought out a small map and lay it flat, making a quick marking or two with a pen at hand. She let the ink dry, and looked at the map a few moments more before looking back to Lucrece.

"His name is Timothy Leary, a Tailor by trade, and a fine one at that. He is currently in the hands of the Harper family. A very rich, risque, and rather risky to be associated with. Timothy has no love for them, but is bound by a debt if I recall, and I could not speak true of what happened to him just the same with you."

Donal - Prices Long

Raynoson:
"I'd suggest Timothy Leary, a fine man in any case, give him a good word from Prices and he will do business with you in a snap. You can find it on the map or simply ask any carriage."

"T'ank you, I t'ink I'll pay him a visit now. Again, pleasure doing business with you Sir."

Donal walks out the front door.

Well, t'at went better t'an expected.

He hails a carriage and rides to Leary's.

John let Timothy work his "magic". John didn't want to disrupt the man, for this was to be his first suit. But, keeping up with politeness; did continue with small talk.

"So, uh. If they don't like my music... I could always be a makeshift wall? Heh..."

SkullKing84:

"If you want to be a wall, at least you'll be the finest one of them all." Timothy said absentmindedly as he began to select a few materials and needles.

Teagan drummed his fingers and looked deep in thought, leaning against one of the few clear and empty spaces.

"Perhaps I should go check out the competition..." Standing up, "Tommy mind letting John here stay in the spare room on the third floor? I'll consider that and the suit three less you owe me."

Tommy merely grunted as he brought out and began to thread things together, "Well that is settled then. John, mind if I go to the Harper's place and see what is going on? I'd hate to leave a friend all alone, and I'm sure Tommy here can lend you a hand."

RaNDM G:
Donal - Prices Long

Quickly the carriage began to wade its way through foot and horse traffic of the city, the open window displaying the view and sights. The carriage was a small and more personal variety, with a driver and a guard.
"Pardon me sir, would you care to take a more scenic route?" The guard asked politely from the front, his voice clear and sincere.

Donal - Streets of Harkstead

Raynoson:
"Pardon me sir, would you care to take a more scenic route?" The guard asked politely from the front, his voice clear and sincere.

"I don't see t'e harm. So long as we get t'ere."

With a dopey smile, "I'm good"

(I was rather ill for a few days, but after sleeping for a solid 18 hours, I'm pretty much back to normal)

RaNDM G:
Donal - Streets of Harkstead

"Right then sir." With a crack of the reins and a gentle turn, the windows of the carriage began to change to a view of the harbor. Massive ships and there yards in the distance could be seen, traders and merchants from along the coast, a few from different shores, and one or two well armed frigates.

It was a grand site nonetheless to see the very breath of the city, as the breeze wafted in smells scented with the tide, and even a few hints of cargo aboard ships.

Soon the Carriage rode to a halt at his destination, a rather large tailors shop. Two stories high and with an attic most likely, the window displayed a wide variety of clothing for all who needed.

The sign over the door was faded and scratched but still legible were, "Tim-thy's Tail-ring" The door was closed but it was clearly open jugding by the odd customer or two and a person behind a desk.

The driver merely waited, as the other went to open to door for Donal, both in part to be polite, and get the payment for the ride.

SkullKing84:

Returning the smile with a grin of his own, Teagan waved goodbye as he dropped his tea cup back on the tray with a clatter. This induced a wince from Tom as he stabbed his finger with a needle from the sound, cursing under his breath, a clerk or apprentice peeked in through the door.
"Sir, a carriage just pulled up, Brenda says she's got a feeling this one is loaded." The accent was clearly fresh of the boat, and he was shaved with the appearance of a sailor. Clean, tan, and a bit gritty from the salt and sand.

"I'll see for myself in a moment, John feel free to check out the room above. Up the stairs and pull the string with the pearl on it, can't miss it."

Directing with a finger to a small flight almost hidden behind a roll of cloth, Tom fished out a key and offered it to John.

"Your suit will be done by the morning, any questions?" His voice was tense, but not hostile.

The woman sighed with disappointment and returned her gaze to her newspaper, finally with that terrible stare off her back Jacqueline could relax, however something about the woman's words felt off. Her voice sounded like silken honey, but with bees buzzing around the delicious nectar waiting to sting anyone who got too close.

Leaning in a bit closer the Bartender whispered, "Try to ignore her miss, she's a bit ornery, and by my guess attracted to you."With a sly wink the bartender replied

Miss? He knew, somehow he knew her secret. It wasn't a perfect disguise, but it served it's purpose. She had once considered getting a fake moustache to strength the disguise, but with her skin and complexion the most she could aspire to was a soup strainer consisting of peach fuzz and determination, unfortunately they were permanently out of stock.

Sighing she leaned in towards the bartender and whispered back, "How did you know?"

"Duh. Ya need any help with stuff? I'd rather make myself useful since I'm using one of your rooms."

MortifiedPenguin:

"It's in the nose" he replied calmly to her, "Still, doesn't matter much to me unless it does to you, so something to eat, or straight to the deal?"

SkullKing84:

"Sure, there's a big chest from older times, toss it out to the back. After that make yourself at home." Curt as he prepared himself to be presentable, Tom quickly walked to the front of the shop.

Lucrece nodded, took the map and went back to her tea. A wave of tiredness washed over her, like on the train. It was weird, Lucrece was intimate with the power of memories, they held dominion over personality and thought, so who would take that away? Still, now wasn't the time. It had been a long day, of forgetting and remembering and absorbing and talking and who knows what else. She turned to Angeline, bringing conversation of a more mundane kind.

"I trust I have lodging here, oui?" Lucrece said while wiping her forehead with a silk handkerchief, "You must forgive me, I am tired."

She would be sure to begin writing a journal of some sort, but the last time she did that, the journal was found and poor Lucrece was booted out of France, as they feared her mind, her power, as well as ink on a page. Curiously, Lucrece had never thought to keep a diary, after all, she had entrusted her memories to her brain and was a person who lived in the present, after all she got enough of the past. But now, she was suddenly reminded of their fragility.

John did what was asked of him. But, he wondered how the man was gonna "toss it to the back". Since the ancient dust covered box was heavy even for John. His mind pondered on what could be in it as he walked to his room to relax. His brain changed subjects quickly to what his new employers would be like and the music.

Terratina.:

"Oui, and I can tell. Rest, relax, order what ever you'd like, I'll assign one of the girls to help you if you wish."

She nodded almost sagely, and smiled in a heartwarming fashion.

SkullKing84:

Walking back upstairs after moving the large metal bound box, a moment to appraise the attic room was given.
Just tall enough was the roof so John wouldn't hit his head on it, piles of old boxes and crates littered it, a clear enough path and space led to a simple metal framed bed, a few dressers, and a trunk, with light shining in from a nearby window.

Despite being a little dusty, it looked recently aired, and judging by the surroundings, was probably cleaner and better then other less hospitable places.

Not seen at first and more out of the corner of John's eye, was a head in the shadows, roughly shaped and unmoving behind a sheet.

John slowly removed the sheet in hopes it wasn't a corpse's head.

Donal - Tim-thy's Tail-ring

Raynoson:
The sign over the door was faded and scratched but still legible were, "Tim-thy's Tail-ring" The door was closed but it was clearly open jugding by the odd customer or two and a person behind a desk.

The driver merely waited, as the other went to open to door for Donal, both in part to be polite, and get the payment for the ride.

"Right t'en. T'ank you gents."

Donal steps off the carriage and pays the man his fee. He adjusts his hat and walks into the store.

The shop is quite stuffy, and Donal coughs after inhaling the dust in the air. He clears his throat and walks up to the front desk. Several mannequins lined the sides of the room, like headless corpses displayed fresh from the chopping block. For the second time that day, Donal felt cornered.

He nervously raps his knuckles on the front desk, waiting for the manager, or a receptionist. Someone he could at least talk to. He finally acquires the nerve to speak up, loud enough for anyone in the back to hear him.

"Hello? Is t'ere a Mister Leary here?"

RaNDM G:
Donal - Tim-thy's Tail-ring-Store Front

(The store front is rather clean and well aired, the ATTIC in which John is in is the dusty/dirty one.)
"Hello there sir, to whom am I speaking to that knows my name?" Polite and well mannered but with a rough sanding edge, Timothy walked shortly from a door leading to the back, to the counter.

SkullKing84:
John- Harkstead, In Tommy's Residence and Workshop-3rd Floor-Attic

Moving the sheet dust fell and sparkled in the rays of light seeping through the window, behind it was a mannequin. Made of wood and finely dressed in blue with gold trimmings, with white under clothing and pants, it was quite fine. A little smaller then John it was shaped with a rough but detailed appearance.
What truly stuck out was the fact that it seemed opposable, and had 4 legs, 4 arms. It looked like a bizarre tailor of sorts, with skin of cloth, bones of wood, and joints of brass. The wrists had thread and string coming from them, almost like spools were up it's sleeves, along with needles and hooks in the fingers.

[so much for characterization]

"Donal Turner. A Mister Price directed me to you. I was hoping to get a change of clothes and he mentioned you were one of the best."

"What are you?"

John moves the "spider" Mannequin out to the middle of the dust filled room. For a long moment he stared.

"Now... be you the silent guardian of the workshop or a nightmare creation left to rot?"

She gave a yawn as she waited of Angeline's reply. In the end, it wasn't a short wait, it came soon.

"Oui, and I can tell. Rest, relax, order what ever you'd like, I'll assign one of the girls to help you if you wish."

Lucrece nodded and replied, "Non, that will not the necessary, if that blonde porter of yours had sorted out my luggage."

That was all she need, some room at herself, a bed and a writing desk. Not doubt that this hotel would provide more than that and not only because of Angeline's kindness. Lucrece felt sorry for her, not only because of the things she had been through, but because sooner or later, someone would take advantage of that kindness.

RaNDM G:
Donal - Tim-thy's Tail-ring-Store Front(I apologize, but had to be said =()

"Ah, he is quite right, I am Timothy Leary." Sticking out a hand to shake,
"and what are you interested in?"

SkullKing84:

Silent as a soldier standing guard as it faced John, moving it had felt the true heft and weight behind its well clothed exterior. In better light and standing erect, a small switch was just under the chin, made of dull brass it blended well with the dark wood.
The mouth and it's edges were nearly seamless and invisible save for the hinges to note the jaw, and the switch was were an Adams apple would have been.

Terratina.:
[b]Lucrece Leblanc - Angels' Rest, Mid Town[/b

Standing up and heading to open the door, Angeline held it open, "The porter should have your key and be waiting at the door, along with another key that should open a small vault in the desk for anything you may need to store."

He thought to himself of all the magical wonder such a "creature" could be used for. Then thought all thousand reasons why would someone place it up here. Well, John couldn't wait for the answer and quickly made his way down stairs... but then remembered he is a guest and shouldn't interrupt Timothy as he had customers.

"A new suit perhaps. I don't believe I will impress many wearing buckskin. Somet'ing clean and simple."

And I suppose that's the end of the RP. Oh well. It had a fairly decent run.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked