The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 26 NEXT

Roland perched on top of a chair in the lounge and quietly listened.

He hadn't really given much thought to what they were supposed to do. An army. An undead army. How the bloody hell were they supposed to stop an undead army? And the lich almost crashed the plane. Well, maybe the other lich and dragon could do something but what was he supposed to do? The best thing Roland could come up with was play scout but if they already knew where and how big this army was...

"Also, how the @#$^ could the zombie be a triple agent? How could he keep his orders straight, or be trusted by either side?"

"If he's a double agent then I don't see how being a triple agent be that much harder," Roland remarked. Still, weather the zombie was on their side or not, he didn't trust him. Dead things should stay dead.

-Rhingyll-

The zombie commander of Arzhela's armed forces shook his head slowly. The agent and his friend - was that more PIA? - were not-so-subtly discussing how many layers of deceit his job entailed, with what appeared to be a talking woodpecker. He made a mental note of the bird's potential as a scout, and looked to Clarkson. "About half of the force is equipped with a mish-mash of stolen firearms, of various ages, origins, and conditions. The Queen has given some of the lieutenants Magical weapons and equipment as well. The rest - mostly skeletons - have more celtic weapons.", he paused to let his information sink in, "Most of them haven't adapted too well to modern weapons. And of course, the demons speak for themselves."

Rhingyll looked around the room - quite a crowd was gathering to fight the bitch he called Queen. He wondered to himself how well she'd rigged her base defenses since Lucius' last visit - at this rate, she'd need them.

-Lucius-

Lucius had pondered Clarkson's question of trust whilst the debate over Arzhela's forces, and Rhingyll's loyalty continued. Clearly, the man had little experience with magic, for someone working with the agent from the plane.

"You don't know spells to impose time limits on Necromancy?", he asked the agent, an eyebrow cocked, "Does John, at least? Anyways, a new point to consider. I've mentioned to some of you at least, the presence of some ancient archives in North Wales. Now, I'm reasonably sure that there'll be a ritual in one of the tomes to help us destroy Arzhela more permanantly - among other things of interest to many of you - so shall we go there first, or get rid of her physical form first?"

-O.M.C.T-

Deep within the northern welsh mountains, an ancient magical nexus flickered into life - If it could be called life. The would-be-screen printed the words - a sort of command - "[b]THE MASTER IS RETURNING[/B]". Rooms away, ancient automatons awoke among the skeletal garrison, unfurling themselves and arming up, before moving to patrol routes. The surface, if there had been anything there, would have felt a small tremor as the ancient complex woke back up...

"I'm afraid Theon, I simply do not know." Dominic said in response to his question. He then looked back at Seras, who seemed to be giving off a red light. "Perhaps I can answer that question, or at the very least provide some context to the current situation....werewolf boy." Theon looked shocked, whoever was talking it wasn't Seras. She did smile however, and didn't seem to have any bad intentions.

"To think, back in when I was alive, you Werewolves were more feral, or at least not as capable as you dear Theon.....Both of you certainly do look out for each other." She remarked giggling, before he could respond the red aura faded. Theon blushed a bit, though his confusion stayed.

Then Seras finally spoke "Sorry about that, last time she gave me a little prior warning, well technically she spoke to me in my mind, but that's besides the point. Did she do anything weird?" He seemed to collect his thoughts before responding, "Well not really..But are you feeling okay Seras?" He sounded worried. He knew what having another person in your head felt like, and heard a roar inside his head as a response.

"Well not really... But are you feeling okay Seras?" Theon asked, sounding worried, which was reasonable enough given what had just occurred. Seras calmly took Theon's hand, hoping the touch would reassure him.

"Yeah, I feel fine now Theon; Mileena's sudden appearance just took me a little off guard is all. I thought for the most part she was "sleeping" as it were after the plane, guess she kept one ear open so to speak. You do realise your blushing Theon, and a very nice shade of red it is too." Seras remarked, enjoying the look on Theon's face.

"Most of them haven't adapted too well to modern weapons. And of course, the demons speak for themselves."

"MINOR demons, those should pose no, realistic threat" Lucia said, shifting her sitting position slightly "So far, doesn't sound like getting to her will be much of an issue, anything else? such defenses along the grounds?" Lucia didn't trust this guy ether, but then she didn't trust anything 'undead'

"Yeah, I feel fine now Theon; Mileena's sudden appearance just took me a little off guard is all. I thought for the most part she was "sleeping" as it were after the plane, guess she kept one ear open so to speak." Seras said explaining that she was fine. Theon nodded, he could understand that feeling. "You do realize your blushing Theon, and a very nice shade of red it is too." Seras remarked, a smile creeping appearing on her face.

Theon's blush got worse, he quickly shook his head and it seemed to fade. "Yeah.. She made a remark about how well we suited each other, I guess that just happens when people talk about us." Theon said smiling awkwardly. He then placed his hand around Seras, and pulled her closer. He leaned forward and whispered "We are going to have to talk more about this at the hotel, I also have something new to tell you." He then moved back, kissed her cheek and moved even further back smiling.

Clarkson felt like strangling John and the zombie right now, but he kept in his place.

"I knew about that," Clarkson sort of lied, he had learned about that but had forgotten, "But what about just redoing the spell? What is stopping you from recasting the spell as soon as the life energy drains away? Also, where did she get her hands on these guns?"

Meanwhile...

As John talked to the bird watched a vein in Clarkson's forehead twitch. Even when on such serious business, he still liked annoying Clarkson.

"Well, the corpses would continue to decay even under the spell," John said, thinking through his little knowledge of necromancy, "Dead the bodies wouldn't heal damage. The less muscle mass and the more broken bones a corpse has, the harder it is to make it walk again. Still you can keep reanimating the same corpse till it is fine dust. You could make more longer lasting ones if you turned them into zombies, although they have free will and can double cross the one who animated them," John indicated to Rhingyll, "However, we have other options. Golems, for example. I can make quite a lot of them. Can make them out of just about anything, less moral problems, and we don't have to explain where half the bodies in a cemetery went."

"MINOR demons, those should pose no, realistic threat. So far, doesn't sound like getting to her will be much of an issue, anything else? such defenses along the grounds?"

"As long as the demons don't teleport around, it is just as easy as pumping them full of Iron," John said, briefly looking at Lucia, "What about protection spells and runes? Anti-teleportation wards and other curses? What is the Arzhela's personal protection and magical abilities?"

"As long as the demons don't teleport around, it is just as easy as pumping them full of Iron,"

"Minor demons aren't the sharpest knives in the kitchen, so even if they can teleport around I doubt they'll be as annoying as Fromanzio, if for no other reason then they lack his intelligence." Lucia replyed, while waiting for the of the Zombie to reply

Roland sat and listened, or at least tried to. Most of this talk of golems, zombies and demons went over his head. Despite his wariness towards the lich and his zombie minion the bird soon started to feel bored, then sleepy and finally dozed off, tired from the flight to London and jet lag.

-Lucius-

Why did officials always have to complicate things? Ah well, one more try he thought to himself, stifling what would have been a sigh, were he breathing. "You can cast a timed release spell, that would destroy the bodies", Lucius wondered whether this counted as patronising, "Though with a bit of adaption, you could replace the timing component with some other trigger, yes?" He looked around the room. The dragon girl seemed overly complacent about the demons, but he decided to ignore that - they shouldn't be a huge issue, between the group - If the ascended summoner turned up, he could probably dismiss them anyways. John raised the concept of Golems, which piqued his interest. "Golems, you say? Is that what your flying magazines on the plane were? They were a little small, weren't they?", Lucius smirked. As Rhingyll mentioned Arzhela's attempts to get into his archives, he twitched a little - she wasn't even supposed to know they were there.

-Rhingyll-

Rhingyll really wanted to defend Zombies, but he realised that they had a good point, with his presence and all. Little did they know. "The Queen tends to send a contingent of her armies to any major conflict - A good amount of her armory was taken from the dead in the world wars, though she has more modern ones that the zombies she sent to Iraq obtained for her. Dead bodies don't tend to resist when you take their weapons.", Rhingyll smiled - information like this is what Lucius rewarded him for, usually, "And I would like to second Lucius' motion of visiting the north Wales archives sometime soon. I've heard there are lots of useful tomes up there, let alone artifacts. That said, the Queen could never get into them."

"Yeah... She made a remark about how well we suited each other, I guess that just happens when people talk about us." Theon said as he smiled awkwardly, his bright red blush fading. He then placed a hand around Seras, pulling her closer to him. Leaning forward, Theon whispered to Seras. "We are going to have to talk more about this at the hotel, I also have something new to tell you." Theon then moved back, kissed her on the cheek, and then moved even further back smiling. This feeling caused Seras to blush profusely, and turn her head slightly away from Theon out of embarrassment.

They soon arrived at the Royal Garden Hotel, which overlooked the beautiful Kensington Gardens. A porter from inside the hotel lobby came out and opened the taxi door, allowing Theon and Seras to get out first, followed by Katie, then Nicole and finally Dominic; who was busy paying the cab driver his fare and tipping both him and the porter.

As the group entered, they were greeted by a slick and modern looking lobby which split off into two corridors either side. Around the entrance there were some table and chairs that allowed past and present guests to relax a little. Being the head of the family, Dominic went up to the check-in desk and was greeted by a polite lady with blonde hair.

"Hello and Welcome to the Royal Garden Hotel. Do you have a reservation, or are you here to book a room?"

"We do indeed have a reservation miss, it should be under the surname of Rogue." Dominic said in response.

"One moment please." The receptionist said as she searched through the records on a monitor in front of her.

"Ah yes, you have a Garden Room booked for two, and a Master Suite for three." She then added, producing some key cards from a collection on the back wall. After inputting some information onto the computer, she handed the key cards over to Dominic; who in turn handed the key cards for the Garden Room to Seras.

"Both rooms are situated on the Ninth floor; which means you'll get a good view of Kensington Gardens and the surrounding area. If you hand your luggage over to the porter by the elevator, he'll take them to your rooms for you. Have a safe and pleasant stay." She said with a cheerful smile and a wave as the group soon departed.

A while later, Seras and Theon arrived in their room; and almost immediately after putting their luggage some place safe, Seras simply fell back onto the large bed, a large sigh of comfort escaping her lips as she felt the soft material of the mattress.

"Hmmmm so soft, haven't slept in such a comfy bed, except the one back home of course. I could almost just fall asleep at this moment."

They soon arrived at the Royal Garden Hotel. A porter from inside the hotel lobby came out and opened the taxi door, allowing Theon and Seras to get out first. He was very impressed by everything he saw, it was indeed what you would call a fancy hotel. A while later they had split up, and headed towards their separate rooms. Seras let herself fall onto bed, she seemed to be enjoying herself as she said "Hmmmm so soft, haven't slept in such a comfy bed, except the one back home of course. I could almost just fall asleep at this moment."

He looked around the room, it was a very nice and big room. He had never been inside such an hotel before, but he liked it already. He then dropped his bag, and jumped on top of the bed. It was indeed quite comfortable, he smiled as he turned to Seras. "We need to go to this 'meeting' now, don't we?" He asked looking into her beautiful eyes. He didn't want to, but they probably had no choice.

"Do you mean the old undead guy in the Lounge?", the unfortunate porter asked.

Hopefully the guy meant the Lich and not just some random old and possibly rich undead guy staying at the Ritz. At least that's what Pegs thought. She nodded and replied, "Yeah, could you point me to him?" It was rather rude for an establishment such as this, but it would have to do.

"We need to go to this 'meeting' now, don't we?" Theon asked as he lay down on the bed next to Seras, looking directly at her with a smile. Seeing as though they were all alone in a private room, Seras thought it might be time to have a little fun with Theon. She climbed up on top of him, and stared longing into those cool grey eyes of his, before giving him a long sensual kiss on the lips. Seras then gave Theon a devious looking smile.

"I guess we must. No doubt the Lucius would send us another message if we took too long." Seras remarked casually. Before Theon could respond, she put a finger to his lips, then began tracing a pattern down his chest.

"Think about it Theon, now that we're all alone; think of all the things, we, could, do." She then added, ending with a wink before giving Theon another kiss before sliding herself off him and back onto the bed. Her tone switched to the more mature Seras as she sat up on the bed.

"So Theon, there was something you wanted to talk about?"

"You can cast a timed release spell, that would destroy the bodies. Though with a bit of adaption, you could replace the timing component with some other trigger, yes?"

Clarkson looked at Lucius, staring him straight in the eye, "Still leaves us with a few problems. Explaining why hundreds of bodies in local grave yards and morgues disappeared to bugger all, and not even able to put the bodies back when were done with them would make an even worse situation. Although, where is Arzhela getting her bodies from? If we can cripple her supply of bodies or bullets, we can cripple any further growth of her army."

-John-

"Golems, you say? Is that what your flying magazines on the plane were? They were a little small, weren't they?"

"Well, they were on the one thing that I could grab that wasn't bolted to the floor," John said, "I could turn a lot of things into golems. Chunks of dirt, pieces of lead, hats, microwaves... hehehe... have you ever seen Gremlins? Works the same... anyway, these chairs for example."

John wiped out his pen, and started to write the golem making symbols on the chair he had sat on. He was able to do it in about 20 seconds, since stealth wasn't an issue as it had been on the plane. The Chair got up, started to act like a dog. It ran up and put it's front "paws" against Lucius's legs.

"Quick, effective, last about as long as corpses would, made of stronger material than flesh and bones," John said, "Even a small golem can be highly destructive if placed right. If I turned just a car wheel into a golem, all I need would be a brink on the petal, and we have a 2 ton metal monster running into their lines at 80 miles per hour."

Theon was looking at the roof, he wondered about the situation they had gotten themselves into. Suddenly Seras began moving, she climbed on top of him. He turned a bit red as he looked up at her, she was just as beautiful as ever. She suddenly got closer, and they kissed each other. Seras had a devious smile on his face, he gave her a wolfish grin.

"I guess we must. No doubt the Lucius would send us another message if we took too long." Seras remarked sounding casual. He wouldn't mind that much, she suddenly put a finger on his lips. She then moved her finger down his chest, he followed her finger his smile widening. "Think about it Theon, now that we're all alone; think of all the things, we, could, do." She said with a wink, before giving him another kiss.

She then slide off him, back onto the bed. "So Theon, there was something you wanted to talk about?" She said sounding more mature. He sighed mentally, he had hoped to avoid this as much as possible. "Yes there is Seras. I am sure you remember my werewolf side? Well it turns out there is something else too. I am not sure what it is yet, but it seems to get my werewolf side very aggressive." He looked at her with an serious expression.

"Yes there is Seras. I am sure you remember my werewolf side? Well it turns out there is something else too. I am not sure what it is yet, but it seems to get my werewolf side very aggressive." Theon said, sounding very serious as he looked directly at Seras.

"I see, this definitely is something of a worry, if it has Sandulf in an uproar. Do you have any idea what might be causing this other entity to surface? Especially now at a time like this." Seras remarked, sounding concerned for Theon as she held his hand.

"I'm here for you Theon. If there is anything you think I can do to help in solving this mystery, let me know."

-James-

Yeah, the fairy was definitely in the Lich's party. Wonderful. Still, the payment beckoned. James pointed to the hotel's lounge, muttering something to the effect of 'over there' to the small creature, before walking into a back room and composing a text on his iPhone. "Lich now has the two PIA, dark human, fairy, zombie", he glanced into the room, "what appears to be an animate chair and... a woodpecker." James hit send, thinking of which of the famous schools this could buy his girls into.

-Rhingyll-

Ugh, these agents wanted to deliberate over ever little point. He knew that right now, the bitc- his Queen - could easily be drawing forth more demons for her ranks - though he knew she'd already taxed her abilities to raise the dead more than she usually dared to. Rhingyll decided to be neutral on the point of armies, "Undead, Golems, why not use both? Who actually looks at bodies once they're buried, anyways?", He wanted to break something - this was taking way longer than he'd planned for, "She gets her bodies from all over wales - some of them are from Lucius' old fort, though they're just skeletons now. I guess she must make the ammo with magic, unless she has contacts. Now can we hit these archives, and attack her before she raises more undead to her cause?"

"Undead, Golems, why not use both? Who actually looks at bodies once they're buried, anyways? She gets her bodies from all over wales - some of them are from Lucius' old fort, though they're just skeletons now. I guess she must make the ammo with magic, unless she has contacts. Now can we hit these archives, and attack her before she raises more undead to her cause?"

Clarkson could see that the zombie was desperate to get out. Now was the time to drive in the knife a bit further.

"How did you two plan to get to to Wales?" Clarkson said, "Train, bus, teleportation? Aren't we waiting for a few more people? What about that other mage I talked to? Where is he?"

-On the street-

What appeared to be a normal taxi drove through London, with only a few people noticing how blue the passenger was.

"Remember Fiona," the PIA said in a hushed tone to the mildly distressed occupant, "You were in the back of the plane when you heard the Lich's message. You decided you wanted to help out. I know your department is normally biological research, but what we heard from Clarkson's wire, we think the zombie knows who our agents are. We needed somebody who is obviously not human to keep in cover. Don't worry, your going to be leaving the city soon."

The taxi pulled up to the Ritz hotel.

"This is your stop ma'm," the "cabby" said in a completely different tone, opening the passenger door, "Have fun with your stay in London."

Fiona stepped from the taxi, taking the hand of the "cabby" to help herself up. "Merci" she said, as she managed to make it to her feet. "Have fun with your stay in London." the man said, before he started to get her bags out of the vehicle.

For her part, she knew she was supposed to hand him some amount of money to keep the disguise intact. She handed him the money - which she had counted out in the vehicle. She still didn't understand how paper could function as currency when it didn't have any real value and didn't even have gold or silver backing it up, but she let the confusion slide for the sake of the mission.

If only she could remember what it was about. Something about a Lich they were hunting, but then they were going to be following a Lich who they were not fighting, but they were really working for the PIA, but they weren't actually working for the PIA because... The whole thing was a headache to her. This is why she kept to herself in the woods for hundreds of years - squirrels didn't need to make such complicated scenarios, they just needed to gather nuts. They had it easy.

Shaking her head free of the tangent line of thought, Fiona took her bags from the man - filled with all sorts of things she was told she needed, but didn't really. All for the "cover" apparently. Thanking the not-a-cabby, she entered the massive building, staring around at the grandeur of the complex. Though she had never liked the artificial nature of places like London, she had to admit there was something about the Ritz she liked. The architecture was very french and was therefore a nice reminder of home.

It also had some small, very green, plants; always a plus.

The down side of course was she had no idea where the "lounge" was. Walking toward the guest information desk, she posed her question to a well-dressed young woman waiting there. ""Excusez-moi mademoiselle-"she said, before continuing in a lightly French-accented English "-could you please tell me where I can find the Ritz Lounge? I'm supposed to meet someone there."

When she'd received her answer, Fiona thanked her profusely and headed that way to see if she could find the Lich she wasn't hunting so they could find the Lich they were hunting, but weren't because the PIA said that they weren't but were...

"How did you two plan to get to to Wales?"

"I'd prefer to fly my self thank you very much, with ever thing that's happened my human from feels like it' starting to 'cramp' a bit." Lucia said cutting in.

"How did you two plan to get to to Wales? Train, bus, teleportation? Aren't we waiting for a few more people? What about that other mage I talked to? Where is he?"

-Lucius-

Lucius deliberated the point. He could easily enough teleport them all there, but the magical footprint of such a large spell would almost certainly give her a warning. He knew that his nexus could teleport them with almost no footprint, but there didn't seem to be any interest in visiting his archives. At this point, what appeared to be a shortish blue human - she looked a little familiar - entered the room. Had she even been on the plane, he wondered?

"Lucia, can you fly passengers without issue?", he asked, thinking of a way to get to the Archives, "And you. Blue. Do I know you?"

John turned to the newcomer. It was blatantly obvious she was a paranormal, he just had not a clue as to what. Very few being have such a skin tone in such a human form. A nymph? Not likely, all the nymphs he met needed too constantly keep their skin wet to avoid drying out, very few of them venture far aware from rivers or streams, let alone willingly enter a dirty, smog filled city. He didn't remember seeing her on the airplane, not even when he took Roland all the way to the back for his interrogation.

"And you. Blue. Do I know you?"

John rolled his eyes at that. That might of been anything from unpolite to completely speciest.

"I vote for the train," John said, feeling fatigue crawling back, "I haven't slept in... 26 hours now. It's to dangerous to put alertness charms on now. The line to North Wales should take a few hours.

"I see, this definitely is something of a worry, if it has Sandulf in an uproar. Do you have any idea what might be causing this other entity to surface? Especially now at a time like this." Seras said sounding concerned for him as she held his hand."I'm here for you Theon. If there is anything you think I can do to help in solving this mystery, let me know." He looked deep into her eyes, it seemed he would need to tell her the truth after all.

"You remember back the seal was released right? Sandulf coming out of his cage and everything....Well after that fight I have been able to enter where I fought him whenever I want to. The cage the being is locked in is very similar to Sandulf...I think it is an alpha werewolf. You see my father is the leader of the pack, and I am afraid that in sealing that side the two got split up. If I am correct it means that the other cage holds a being of pure werewolf instinct. And he won't agree to staying quiet after he is defeated like Sandulf." Theon looked at Seras, there was relieve on his face. He finally had someone to share it with. He then looked worried and serious again as he asked. "How about you? How are you handling the whole Mileena situation?" He sounded worried.

"And you. Blue. Do I know you?" the Lich said, giving her an odd look. Fiona stared back, looking closely at his face. He looked vaguely familiar; a rare feeling indeed. "Maybe?" she said, trying to keep her accent under control. If they had meet, it would have been long ago - at least 4 cycles ago. It wasn't impossible for a Lich, though that would make him one of the oldest Liches in the world. Thinking of it that way, if he did know her, it must have been in her incarnation 4 cycles ago as Liches were exceedingly rare before Rome. A few seconds more dredging her memory and she was able to recall her Roman name.

"My name is Fiona Dubois, though you might know me as Priscilla Rhea Castoria" she said, her eyes still staring up as she tried to recall the Lich of her own power - all be it in vain. A second later she remembered she also had a cover. "Oh, and I was also on the airplane wit you - though you might not remember me; I was toward the back and wearing makeup so as not to scare the humans - they tend not to like para-humans when they don't know what kind of creature you are."

The cover lie was believable enough; A human could learn to live with a vampire if they knew what to expect, but when it came to the obscure creature, they always seemed fearful. At least they weren't burning her alive this time she supposed, thinking on the bright side.

"So... what's this about trains?" she asked, trying to figure out what she had missed.

"Lucia, can you fly passengers without issue?"

"Not really, there's nothing to really hold on to except the wing nubs my Eather Sails come from, but even if you had a harness ready there's the issue of speed, a 'leisurely pace' pace for me is roughly what the humans call 'mach 2', only thing that's not an issue is load weight. Figure the first two out and I can get us there the fastest, though" hearing Johns comment " Something slower might be better in terms of team readiness, or even waiting till morning before going, no point in going out if half the team is about ready to pass out"

"You remember back the seal was released right? Sandulf coming out of his cage and everything....Well after that fight I have been able to enter where I fought him whenever I want to. The cage the being is locked in is very similar to Sandulf... I think it is an alpha werewolf. You see my father is the leader of the pack, and I am afraid that in sealing that side the two got split up. If I am correct it means that the other cage holds a being of pure werewolf instinct. And he won't agree to staying quiet after he is defeated like Sandulf." Theon looked at Seras with signs of relief on his face, he probably felt better about talking his problems to someone.

"How about you? How are you handling the whole Mileena situation?" He then asked, sounding concerned for Seras's well-being. She responded by wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug, holding it for a few moments before letting go.

"I'm handling Mileena okay Theon, she doesn't appear to be giving me much trouble, except of course from earlier; guess Mileena heard something relating to herself through me, and wanted to voice her own opinion. The flow between my powers and her's was difficult at first due to me not knowing that potential, but it seems to be flowing; perhaps over time, we'll be able to get more in sync with each other, perhaps more possibilities will be available to me." Seras remarked, before giving Theon another hug, and switching back to a worried tone.

"Who I'm more worried about however is you. Can't imagine what it must be like inside, that pure werewolf power, just itching to break out, must be tough huh?"

"So... what's this about trains?"

"Arzhela is in Southern Wales," John said to the newcomer, "But we need to first go to Northern Wales to get into some archieves to get a spell that will help track her down. We currently trying to figure out how we would get there."

"Not really, there's nothing to really hold on to except the wing nubs my Eather Sails come from, but even if you had a harness ready there's the issue of speed, a 'leisurely pace' pace for me is roughly what the humans call 'mach 2', only thing that's not an issue is load weight. Figure the first two out and I can get us there the fastest, though."

"Yeah, Mach 2 is well beyond the point where human flesh is ripped from bone," John said, "No skin 'iron skin' spell I have would be able to handle supersonic speeds. Also, if stealth is an issue, giant flying dragons aren't that hard to miss."

Seras wrapped her arms around him and hugged him, he hugger her too. After a few moments the hug was ended and Seras spoke, "I'm handling Mileena okay Theon.....Perhaps more possibilities will be available to me."Seras then hugged him again, she then asked sounding worried. "Who I'm more worried about however is you. Can't imagine what it must be like inside, that pure werewolf power, just itching to break out, must be tough huh?"

Theon let out a sigh You have no idea But he couldn't tell her that. "It isn't that bad really. I mean I have some more animal like traits, right now I have it under control. And some of the traits aren't that bad, I have more courage now." He doubt he would be here without that courage. Though it isn't easy either.. He is always there waiting for a chance to take control. If my mental defense weakens at any point, he will be there waiting.

He looked up, he had zoned out for a moment. "Uhh sorry I just remembered something. But yeah right now I have it under control, and Sandulf seems to have calmed down. I think he is beginning to realize that his anger came from the other side, and he fears him more then he disagrees with me. So we might even team up." He said forcing a weak smile, he had 2 small wolf like fangs.

"Also, if stealth is an issue, giant flying dragons aren't that hard to miss."

"They are when your straddling the Mesosphere, but I'm thinking that's probably an issue to work around as well ..." Lucia said, now starting to seriously ponder how 'passengers' would even work with a Platinum carrying them.

"Also, if stealth is an issue, giant flying dragons aren't that hard to miss."

"On the other hand, we could avoid stealth all together and just hit the place fast and hard - let them see us coming, but don't give them a chance to react." Fiona said, making the other possibility known. She was going to use the word "Blitzkrieg", but felt that might not be the best word to use in a lounge in London England. Or is that word okay now? I can never remember how long its been for the humans. she thought to herself on a bit of a tangent. "As for the speed, I could use my magic to protect the travelers if we could make a harness." she finished, thinking about how she would bend the wind to protect them.

-Lucius-

Priscilla.. Rhea.. Castoria...? Really? The Castoria he remembered had been more than a little... druidy. He wondered if she'd changed in all that time. "Castoria? The samsarian?", Lucius realised that this explained the blue skin, "Well, it has been a while... Still obsessed with nature? The fulgur bellum you're suggesting could work well, but we still need to hit the archives in wales. From there though, we have many more options. Now we still have a few more members to join us, give me a second."

Lucius concentrated on the ones he could remember from the plane, that weren't here. Zaheer, the werewolf, the succubus, the other ascended, and a couple of others. Mentally, he sent a message to them, opening the 'channel', as it were, for them to reply. "Strategy meeting still in Ritz. will be staying the night. arrive ASAP. you can reply to this by thought". Lucius paused for a second, his mind grinding out plans like there was no tomorrow, before sending a message to the two PIA agents (that he knew of), "John, Clarkson. I want to see you alone after the meeting, stay back. It's important"

-O.M.C.T.-

The facility beneath the north of wales was now fully restored to working order. The central nexus flickered a series of messages onto the screen, commands for the facility's many functions. On the surface, a previously inconspicuous rock face lit up, as a bright green beam traced the shape of a door around it, the rock within the doorway beginning to recede. Beside the door, a panel lit up, the symobols I, V, X, D, C, L, and M highlighted in green. Finally, the preparations for the Master's impending return were complete. He would be pleased.

Fiona

Still obsessed with nature? the Lich asked, before moving on. "Did you know me back then? Sorry, but my memories as far back as Rome are a bit fuzzy still; I only reincarnated last 70-ish years ago, so they haven't fully regenerated yet." she offered, still trying to remember the Lich to no avail.

A few moments later, she added. "Obsession is a strong word. Besides, most of my power comes from communion with the earth. I'm no more obsessed with nature then you're obsessed with your experiments." she said, a little indignantly. It wasn't like people became Liches for fun; they always did it to pursue some crazed obsession - usually some kind of magical experimentation.

She completely ignored the comment on her plan - it had just been an idea.

Terra

Terra heard the Lich's words in her mind while waiting in the ER - now in a chair beside her love. Richard was still not awake, much to the doctor's confusion and her greater worry. The distraction was unwanted and frustrating. As a result, she snapped at the Lich in response.

"Richard and I won't be joining you. If I hear your voice in my mind again, I'll make you wish you didn't become an immortal.". She sat there for another minute, before she felt guilt - it wasn't his fault and there was no reason to snap the way she had. "Sorry for snapping Lucius, but Richard isn't waking up. I'll be staying in London until he does." she said, before closing the link and barricading her mind to further communications.

"It isn't that bad really. I mean I have some more animal like traits, right now I have it under control. And some of the traits aren't that bad, I have more courage now." Theon said after briefly sighing, causing Seras to hug a little tighter, and nuzzle his neck with her head for a moment. He then looked up at the ceiling for a moment before continuing.

"Uhh... sorry I just remembered something. But yeah right now I have it under control, and Sandulf seems to have calmed down. I think he is beginning to realize that his anger came from the other side, and he fears him more then he disagrees with me. So we might even team up." Seras had to admit, the thought of both Sandulf and Theon teaming up was a little humorous for some reason, so she let out a quiet giggle, hoping Theon didn't notice. Theon then forced a weak smile, with Seras noticing two small wolf like fangs along his appropriately named canines.

"And what a courage boost it is Theon, you certainly have become more mature since graduation, and handsome as well." Seras remarked cheekily as she smiled before giving him a kiss on the cheek. She was about to continue when she felt another presence in her mind, it was Lucius again.

"Strategy meeting still in Ritz. Will be staying the night. Arrive ASAP. You can reply to this by thought."

'Can't Lucius find a less invasive means of communication? Might as well reply to him.' Seras asked herself rhetorically, her thoughts being heard to by Theon's spirit thanks to the blood link they shared. She then prepared herself by controlled breathing before focusing her thoughts into a message.

"Lucius, it is Seras here, myself and Theon are just finishing up some private business, and will be heading to the Ritz shortly." Seras then turned back to Theon.

"It appears that we will have to end this talk for now Theon, Lucius just sent out another message, appears we may be staying longer at The Ritz than first thought. Let me just send a message to Terra, telling her we may not be able to see her today at the hospital." Seras said as she let go of Theon and climbed off the bed to grab her mobile from her carry-on luggage. After searching through the phone book for Terra, she began typing a message.

Seras put her mobile back in her bag before getting some emergency clothing together in case they were there for the whole night. After which, she grabbed her coat and put it on.

"Well, I'm ready if you are."

"And what a courage boost it is Theon, you certainly have become more mature since graduation, and handsome as well." Seras remarked smiling, before she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Theon blushed a bit, as he glanced sideward's trying to hide his embarrassment. He grabbed his brain as another mental message ripped through it, the cages inside his head weakened and loud growling could be heard. "Strategy meeting still in Ritz. Will be staying the night. Arrive ASAP. You can reply to this by thought." Theon grabbed his head, trying to hide his pain.

'Can't Lucius find a less invasive means of communication? Might as well reply to him.' Seras seemed to ask herself, he could hear it though without getting feeling pain. He managed to look up, the pain slowly faded. "It appears that we will have to end this talk for now Theon....Telling her we may not be able to see her today at the hospital." Seras said as she let go of him and climbed off the bed. He was still a bit woozy, he carefully stood up and forced his mind to focus.

"Well, I'm ready if you are." He looked up to see that Seras was ready to leave. "I am ready to leave too." He said offering his arm too her, and after that heading towards the hall. He then focused and send a message to Lucius "Lucius please do not speak to me in this way again, mental messages have a bad side effect on me." His head seemed to have calmed down mostly, there was a bit of lasting damage though.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked