My Little Pony: Record of the Equestrian Civil War (Closed/Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

"...u...uhm... are you okay...miss...?"

Surprised, Loose Leaf looked up to see a Unicorn approaching her, looking nervous.

"Huh...? Oh, yeah, I-I'm okay." She shifted from one hoof to the other, then asked, "Did you see what just happened?"

"...I...I did...though...I wish I didn't..."
The unicorn looked at the pegasus, seeming honestly concerned.
"...a...are you sure you're okay, miss...?"
He knew that the question was somewhat stupid since she already told him that she was okay, but the unicorn was both worried about her and hoped that helping someone would distract him from what happened.

"...a...are you sure you're okay, miss...?"

Loose Leaf nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine." She glanced back at the stage as the crowd slowly dispersed and suppressed a shudder. "I'm Loose Leaf by the way. What's your name?" She also directed this question at the Gryphon, as she hadn't got her name either.

"Aireal," the griffon replied, removing her claw from Loose Leaf's back. "I'm part of the Shadowbolts. What're your names?"

She made a point of not looking at the stage anymore.

Matt S Hoimyr:
silver leaps around the corner and arrive by town hall. "what in Arc..Equestria is going" he's eye go wide open "on".

he slowly walks up behind Uron with he's mouth hanging open and asks mostly to himself "who?"

Uron turns he's head and Notices the arcadian symbol silver's saddlebag. At the same time as silver remember hearing about magicka's zebra soldiers. for a brief second their eyes meet, and they both lift an eyebrow almost synchronized

Burnt hoof. Arcadian symbol. Dangerously close to what it seems to be a terrorist attack?

"...Hello. Name's Uron. Are you on vacation?", he asks, turning to the stallion. He's got his eyes fixed on his. Not in a creepy or threatening way, but in a secure way.

"...I'm...uhm...I'm Lumen...Lumen Sunshine..."
He did his best to avoid looking at the stage as well, instead examining the ground.

gabmed:

"...Hello. Name's Uron. Are you on vacation?"

Loses eye contact for a second because of few confused blinks "Hmm? Oh. Hi I'm silver. Silver snow" regains awareness "no, yes, kind of, sort of, not really" shakes his head trying to think(Kristin Stewart style), still remaining their eye contract. "I just... Moved here, I guess"

Something tells him that story didn't impress Uron. "How about you then? Didn't know there were any zebras living in Ponyville. They usually keep up in bigger cities like Canterlot or Fillydelpia"
The next two words He whispers to himself, quietly enough for only himself to hear "or Arcadia"

"...I'm... uhm... I'm Lumen... Lumen Sunshine."

"Lumen? That's a nice name." Loose Leaf said, honestly meaning it.

She glanced back and forth from Lumen to Aireal, then said, "Um... do you want to go get something to eat?" The question felt awkward, but she would rather leave this place as soon as possible, and these two seemed nice enough...

Little did they realize that General Saber Rattle was watching them go, eyes narrowed.

"Anything wrong?" asked the Earth Pony.

"No, Iron Hoof, I just think we should send an invite to a few folks..."

Matt S Hoimyr:

gabmed:

"...Hello. Name's Uron. Are you on vacation?"

Loses the eye connection for a second because of few confused blinks "Hmm? Oh. Hi I'm silver. Silver snow" regains awareness "no, yes, kind of, sort of, not really" shakes he's head trying to think(Kristin Stewart style), still remaining eye contract. "I guess I just... Moved here, I guess"

Something tells him that story didn't impress Uron. "how about you then? Didn't know there where any zebras living in ponyville. They usually keep up in bigger cities like canterlot or fillydelpia"
The next two words He whispers to himself quietly enough for only himself to hear "or Arcadia"

"That's because I'm not here! I'm from Canterlot, as you correctly deduced.", Uron smiled, still maintaining eye contact.

"I wonder what you're doing here exactly though, Mr. Snow. I thougth Arcadian Law during war forbid the use of their emblem outside of their area of influence unless you were a soldier..."

"Um... do you want to go get something to eat?"

"Actually, that sounds good," Aireal replied, rubbing her stomach. "I forgot I haven't eaten all day. Where should we go?"

"...uhm...I...I'd love to eat stuff...I guess..."
He was feeling rather awkward as well, as usually when he interacted with others.

gabmed:

"I wonder what you're doing here exactly though, Mr. Snow. I thought Arcadian Law during war forbid the use of their emblem outside of their area of influence unless you were a soldier..."

"I. I., I a, uhmm" many of the ponies in the crowd had turned their attention to them the second Uron had said "Arcadian-solider"

"Now wait a minute" silver says in a panic. he breaks the eye contact and looks in to the air just above Urons left ear. "How did you know that?" he was going to explain the situation to Uron but a new question bubbled up in his brain.

"The mark is only for Arcadian soldiers and leaders, they recently remodeled it to fit the war. How did you know?"
he didn't mean to ask the question, it just slipped out. Probably a reflex after constantly working as a journalist the last few years.
His boss used to say "ask questions and question the answers" he would probably say that Silver did the right thing. Even if he just dug he own grave.

Arcadia, war, soldiers and Arcadian leaders was not the best choice of words. every pony in the crowd was now looking at them.

Loose Leaf nodded, happy to have some company. Maybe it would help her forget what she just saw...

"There's a restaurant just up the road, they might have something good there."

"There's a restaurant just up the road, they might have something good there."

"Yeah, let's go! Hope it's not all vegetarian, though. I could use a little protein."

Aireal started leading the way up the road, where Loose Leaf had indicated, walking quickly so as to put that grisly scene behind them as fast as possible.

Lumen quietly followed the two. He was rather nervous, since he was ALWAYS nervous when around ponies he didn't know well, and he didn't expect things to turn out the way they did...but he felt like just leaving would be too rude.

Matt S Hoimyr:

gabmed:

"I wonder what you're doing here exactly though, Mr. Snow. I thought Arcadian Law during war forbid the use of their emblem outside of their area of influence unless you were a soldier..."

"I. I., I a, uhmm" many of the ponies in the crowd had turned their attention to them the second Uron had said "Arcadian-solider"

"Now wait a minute" silver says in a panic. he breaks the eye contact and looks in to the air just above Urons left ear. "How did you know that?" he was going to explain the situation to Uron but a new question bubbled up in his brain.

"The mark is only for Arcadian soldiers and leaders, they recently remodeled it to fit the war. How did you know?"
he didn't mean to ask the question, it just slipped out. Probably a reflex after constantly working as a journalist the last few years.
His boss used to say "ask questions and question the answers" he would probably say that Silver did the right thing. Even if he just dug he own grave.

Arcadia, war, soldiers and Arcadian leaders was not the best choice of words. every pony in the crowd was now looking at them.

Uron smiles. "I've studied the Arcadian law. After all, I wouldn't be a good lawyer if I only knew the law of my country, would I?"

Uron looks around, at the crowd gathering. "I think they've heard you... and judging by the scene that just happened, I don't blame them..." Uron then serious the buck up and looks deep into his eyes. "Because I'm thinkin' the same thing about you."

Loose Leaf led her companions to the restaurant, a small stucco building with a sloping tiled roof. The hanging sign out front read "The Green Gardens" in fancy letters.

The interior was bright and cheerful with lots of plants in the corners, though it seemed strangely empty today. A bell rang overhead as they entered, and were greeted by a Minotaur in a bow tie.

"Welcome to the Green Gardens!" He said cheerfully. "How may we serve you today?"

"Um, yeah, we'd like a table for three, please."

"Wonderful!" Said the Minotaur cheerfully, "Follow me please!"

He led them to a booth by the window, where they sat down gratefully while he passed out menus.

"And do you want anything?"

Loose Leaf glanced over the menu before deciding. "Yeah, I'll have a glass of cider and a vegetable salad." She then glanced to the other two. "And you?"

"And you?"

"Uh..." It didn't look like this place had anything Aireal could eat. It was all veggies. "Y'know, I'm not all that hungry. Can I just have a large cider, please? In a to-go cup?"

She could always eat at home, and a little extra cold cider went with any meal.

"...uhm..."- Lumen hesitated for a moment before looking down at the table- "...c...could I have a daisy sandwich...and a glass of water...please...?"- he asked weakly.

"Coming right up!" The Minotaur said cheerfully, and walked off to give their orders, leaving the trio alone.

"So," Loose Leaf began, trying to break the inevitable awkward silence, "Maybe we could, you know, get to know each other a bit." She sat back, cleared her throat, and began.

"My name's Loose Leaf, I'm originally from Coltenville, but moved here a few years ago, and I work in a book store. There's not much else to say about me, other than I like reading and talking long walks. Um... that's all."

"My name's Loose Leaf, I'm originally from Coltenville, but moved here a few years ago, and I work in a book store. There's not much else to say about me, other than I like reading and talking long walks. Um... that's all."

"Name's Aireal," the griffon said proudly, grinning. "Sargent in the Shadowbolts. I was born in Arcadia, grew up here, and haven't been many other places. Sadly. I wanna go other places, but... my superiors say I have attitude problems. But what do they know?"

She waved a claw dismissively.

"...uhm...I'm...Lumen Sunshine...I'm from Ponyville...I guess...I...moved here...10 years ago...I...think...uhm...I make...uhm...I craft glowing gems...and...such..."
Lumen's social paranoia kicked in and he curled up on his seat a little looking at the table, having a feeling that he did something wrong.

Takuanuva:
[spoiler=OOC]

CrazyGirl17:
"(...)I like reading and talking long walks."

...sounds a little like she's on a date...
...just saiyan.
...please, don't actually make it into a date...

"That sounds interesting." Loose Leaf said cheerfully. She blinked, looking over at Lumen. "Are you okay?"

Thankfully, any awkwardness was interrupted when the waiter returned with their orders. "Enjoy!" he said, and left them to their meals.

Loose Leaf began digging into her salad, trying to think of something else to say.

Lumen notices that the food was served and starts to eat his sandwich slowly.

Aireal picked up her cup of cider and sipped it. Not the best she's ever had, but it was still pretty good.

"... So..." she said, trying to get the conversation going again, "Uh, Loose Leaf, you work in the bookstore, right?"

"... So...Uh, Loose Leaf, you work in the bookstore, right?"

Loose Leaf paused, looking up from her salad. "Yeah, why?"

"Yeah, why?"

"... Uh, well, do you wanna tell us about it?"

"Huh? Uh, there's really not much to say." Loose Leaf took another bite, then paused in thought. "I'd figure you'd have a more interesting life, being with the Shadowbolts and all."

"I'd figure you'd have a more interesting life, being with the Shadowbolts and all."

Aireal sifted through her memory in an attempt to find a pleasant memory worth telling. There weren't many.

"Well, uh... Oh, there was this one time me an' my squadron buzzed past the palace for kicks. That was awesome! We got reprimanded, but it was totally worth it!" She tried smiling... just a little too hard.

"Well, uh... Oh, there was this one time me an' my squadron buzzed past the palace for kicks. That was awesome! We got reprimanded, but it was totally worth it!"

Loose Leaf leaned forwards, suddenly interested. "Did you see the Princess?"

Very few folk had seen Princess Magica herself since the end of the war, and she left much of Arcadia's ruling to the Race Council. Nopony knew what she was really up to in her palace...

"Did you see the Princess?"

"No, I guess she was deep inside or something. Plus we were goin' pretty fast. I'm starting to think she's not real, she's just a face the Race Council made up to make themselves look better or something."

"...she exists...I saw her...I know her..."
Lumen was somewhat surprised when he heard that, and even more surprised when he realized that he was the one who said that.

Loose Leaf turned towards Lumen, blinking in surprise. She wanted to ask him what the Princess was like, but he seemed a bit hy about it. So instead, she returned to her salad.

Still... sh couldn't help but wonder what the Princess was doing right now...

Unfortunately, Aireal was sipping her cider when she heard this and the shock of the news sent the drink that was in her mouth all over the seat across from her. "Wait, you what?! How? What's she like? What does she look like? I've been wanting to meet her forever!"

"...oh...I...I...she...uhm...I...she looked..."- he felt like something in his head was trying to get his attention. Seeing how it did nothing but bother him at the moment, he did his best to ignore it and continue- "...she's an alicorn...her coat is lavender...her mane is dark violet...I think...with stripes in it...and her cutiemark is...uhm..."

He focused, his horn starting to glow as he began to draw the shape on the table with the tip of his hoof, leaving a glowing, colored line behind. It was a very simple spell, merely a party trick when it came to the level of usefullness when it comes to everyday life, but somewhat usefull in certain situations, like this one. He drew the shapes and rubbed them with his hoof, filling them with color and creating a surprisingly acurate representation of Princess Magicka's cutiemark; a pink, six-handed star with a tilted white star visible behind it, surrounded by 5 small white stars, all of them drawn in a faint glow on the surface of the table in front of him.

...it was like watching one of these optical illusions, a picture hidden within a picture...but no matter how hard Lumen tried to see the other picture, he kept failing...over...and over...and over...

Lumen remained silent and motionless, staring at the image he just drew on the table's surface, his face frozen in something between a worried expression and confusion.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked