Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 36 NEXT

Erik
"So, what happened?"

"Well first I put my foot in my mouth, and then when I tried to apologize, I made a bad joke." He replied, with a rueful shake of his head. "I forgot that Firefly is a new AI, not used to us crude military types, so she took it badly. What you heard over the PA was her attempt to get back at me...not bad for a first try. Anyways, managed to get that smoothed out, so at least I don't have to worry about her reversing the flow the next time I use the head."

As he was talking, Erik disassembled his pistol then put it back together, without really looking at it. One done, he worked the slide a few times before loading it. "GOING HOT!" He called, giving time for others to get their ears on, before opening fire.

Kurash

"Yeah, that's Aria for you." Kurash said with a touch of sympathy. "Still, you are lucky she sent me along. Unlike Luna I actually have the quad to tell Aria 'No' if necessary...speaking of Azzie, do you know where she is? I haven't seen her in quite....never mind that." He was forgetting himself; there were certain formalities to be observed when dealing with military types, as opposed to just mercs. "Permission to come aboard, sir?"

"Well first I put my foot in my mouth, and then when I tried to apologize, I made a bad joke." Erik said with a shake of his head.

"I forgot that Firefly is a new AI, not used to us crude military types, so she took it badly... Anyways, managed to get that smoothed out, so at least I don't have to worry about her reversing the flow the next time I use the head." As Erik talked, he was dissembling and then reassembling his pistol; then worked the slide a few times before loading a fresh clip.

"GOING HOT!" Erik shouted before firing on the targets, three of which went down in the first volley.

"Nice shot there Erik, though I guess that is to be expected from a Spartan. Anyway, that was a pretty bad move on your part, Amaya told me what you said to her during the mission; I believe that 'He doesn't believe I'm capable of anything other than being essentially a slave to humans and serving out my time dutifully without question.', was her exact words." Gideon said as he managed to hit a few more targets.

"Still, I reassured her that you'd eventually come around to seeing how capable she was, and with that little announcement earlier, it seems I might have been proven right. And Firefly huh? I shall have to use that the next time I talk to her."

JASTIS-015

Jastis nodded and lead him inside, "I am sure we can find a spot for you. But with how the ship is going it might be a bit harder than normal. As for where Azzie which I assume you mean Luna, she went out with our Sangheili friend, 'Tohai to buy gear and such."

"well, the sooner i get a body, the sooner i'll get closer to being an actual person. Gideon has made me realize that, just through talking to me he's made me feel more human than i think jastis feels.I want to be able to give him a hug to thank him for keeping me together." Amaya said and appeared as a hologram next to Sarah, in her new form. "you don't know how depressing it is to do this." she said and reached her arm out, passing it through the spartan's shoulder.

Sarah watched Amaya's arm pass right through her and frowned "I'm Sorry" she said, then noticed the new look "I like your outfit, looks good." commenting on her new look, before getting back on point "Just be-careful ok, none of these aliens are helping us because we need the help, they're just after what ever they can get from us, and that includes you as well"

"Acknowledged."

Murphy was never quite sure how to read Tau.

"You know, it's no wonder we make movies about the robot apocalypse."

He started looking at the maps and pictures that the Geth had given him.

"Alright Lightbulb, let's go back to medical. I have shit to do."

Erik

Erik nodded as Gideon talked. "Well, I won't deny what I said, but you know that in combat, unless it's blindingly stupid, you don't have the option to ignore orders. I could've handled it better sure..but whatever, what's done is done." He said finally.

"... Firefly huh? I shall have to use that the next time I talk to her."

"Heh, well it was either that or Sparky, and given how well my last attempt at humour went, I figured I'd play it safe."

Kurash

Following behind the Captain, Kurash sniffed the air, trying to get a sense of the people that Aria had sent him to work with. There is something off...something not natural about him, but he smells like battle, and lots of it. Heh, I think I might like it here...

"As for where Azzie which I assume you mean Luna, she went out with our Sangheili friend, 'Tohai to buy gear and such."

That caused him to let out a loud bark of a laugh. "HA! Already? I hope this 'Tohai fellow is a strong one. Azzie goes through partners like a varren goes through a pyjak nest...I'm surprised we stayed together as long as we did."

"Well, I won't deny what I said, but you know that in combat, unless it's blindingly stupid, you don't have the option to ignore orders. I could've handled it better sure..but whatever, what's done is done." Erik said, putting an official end to this particular subject of conversation.

"Heh, well it was either that or Sparky, and given how well my last attempt at humour went, I figured I'd play it safe."

"I guess your right Erik, you have to follow orders, otherwise you open up a whole can of worms; then again, the order could be objectionable based on moral grounds, or if someone hasn't had a real taste for combat before; but as you said, what's done is done." Gideon said, taking down another couple of targets before having to reload the clip.

"Yeah, I guess calling Amaya 'Sparky' might have made her go a little crazy, but 'Firefly' does sound oddly appropriate; given the glow that she gives off could be reminiscent of the glow from a firefly; and I'll admit, it is kind of cute, like her in a way. Speaking of nicknames, before the mission, she actually gave me the nickname of 'Eon', with the hope that I'd be around for quite a long while." Gideon said with a smile, briefly reminding himself of the exchange.

JASTIS-015

He stopped and looked at the Krogan, "Now that is some information I would have liked to know. What else is there I don't know about Luna, and what should I be most concerned with?" Now he was worried that she was going to be a bad influence on 'Tohai and get him killed, something he couldn't afford to let happen.

Tau nodded and wheeled Murphy back to the medical bay, giving a curt nod before leaving both the bay and the ship. Again, he returned to the crate containing the spare platform. "Amaya, I am now prepared for the body transfer, but this mission still lack perimeters. The platform can not be easily disguised, what is the best route to your main computer without attracting attention?"

"Sarah, while you do treat me more like a person than most on the ship, this other A.I., tau, he is a good man. I trust him." Amaya responded to Sarah. She looked down at her form and blushed a bit. "Thanks for the compliment, but i don't know what to do with my breasts... should i make em larger?" she asked and grew them up to the larger end of the D size range. "or smaller?" she said then shrunk them down to A cups. "or keep them the same." she said and brought them up back up to c cups.

Amaya responded to Tau, happiness in her voice. "No need to keep the secrecy, i have permission from jastis to be transfered into the body. but here's the stealthiest route regardless." she said and lit it up on on a virtual map of the ship. "Thank you tau, this means allot to me."

A young female drell, rushing through omega, was sort of lost. she had a file full of paper in her arms, along with a tablet, she was hurriedly writing something down as she slammed into Voh. The drell fell backwards and landed on her but. her papers went everywhere. "I'm sooo sorry...." she said, scurrying to pick them up. Looking up she stopped. "You're... him!" she said excitedly and began to scurry about his body, examining but not touching him. "You're the one i've wanted to research as soon as i heard of you!" she happily exclaimed.

Erik

"Yeah, I guess calling Amaya 'Sparky' might have made her go a little crazy, but 'Firefly' does sound oddly appropriate; given the glow that she gives off could be reminiscent of the glow from a firefly; and I'll admit, it is kind of cute, like her in a way. Speaking of nicknames, before the mission, she actually gave me the nickname of 'Eon', with the hope that I'd be around for quite a long while."

He chuckled a bit at the first bit, but raised any eyebrow at the second. "'Eon' eh? I still like Gid better. It seems she's taken a liking to you." He was a bit tempted to tell Gideon about Amaya's 'crush' but decided against it. "Anyways, I've been meaning to ask, what unit did you serve in before getting taped for this? I was an ODST with the 105th, 8th battalion, before I became an S-IV."

Kurash

"Now that is some information I would have liked to know. What else is there I don't know about Luna, and what should I be most concerned with?"

Kurash stopped as the Spartan did. "Huh? That crack about Azzie? Sure she can be a bit forgetful, and I'll deny this next bit until the Void, but she's a good kid. She's just...how you humans say it...a people person." That last bit was accompanied by a minute shudder. "Operational wise though? Well I can't say much, as I don't know what she has told you, but I will tell you the Big Rule for Omega. Don't fuck with Aria...just trust me on that. Whatever you think you might be able to throw at her, she'll reply a thousand fold."

As Voh was keeping on the the four eye looking aliens in blue armor, he felt something ramming into him. Gripping his sword until he saw it was another alien. Female by the looks of it and voice. Putting the handle back at his side as he watch her say sorry and then get excited.

He was at a lost at words from her expression. Eyeing him up all around as she explain her situation to him. 'how in the damn-ancestor does she know about me already' He thought, not knowing how fast the externet can be. Their already a good chunk of videos of him fighting the krogan, half filled with crappy music that overplays any sound that was capture.While the comments are fill with flame wars, hating, calling it fake and gay, and etc. While conspiracy theories are saying that he a Turian-Krogan mix that was created in the lab to make the perfect species. As well as forums talking about what he is and where he came from.

As Voh watch her examine him he let out a loud grunt to get her attention. Deciding to speak with his translator on for once as he wants answers. "I am sorry green one..but I do not understand." He said in his Sangheili like-accent. "What do you mean research and how in the ancestors-hell do you know of me already?"

"Extranet, videos, i was in the club when you spoke to aria. I knew the bouncers would shoot me if i got close, but i'm soo excited!" She said rapidly darting around him, looking at every angle she could. "The salarians that you guys picked up called me and told me to come and help them cause they'd need all the expertise on bio-engineering and medical." she spat out quickly, completely geeking out over his body. Then she composed herself rather quickly, picking up her stuff. "Come to think of it, i'm lost a bit... i need some help getting to your hangar." she said to him.

'ugh' He thought as he listen to her. He try to remember what the humans called it when someone was obessive with something, being a fan? Though what does a device have to do with a living being? Blah humans and their confusing language. Though he shouldn't be to hard on the alien. He does know they come from two different cultures. Even though his is better and makes him a well train warrior. "I do not know what some of those things are...and if you are looking for the ship then we, me and my partner, can take you back. Once she gets out here." he said.

"It is rude of me but my name is Voh'Tohai. Though many call me Voh." he said, wishing to be called by his name. "And what are you anyways. I never seen your kind yet." Looking her over, before stopping and then remembers. "But I must warn you. YOu might not be able to get on the ship. It is not my call. It is the D-..I mean the Captain final say."

Erik chuckled at the first comment, but then raised an eyebrow at the second. "'Eon' eh? I still like Gid better. It seems she's taken a liking to you." It then looked like Erik was thinking about something, but he soon continued talking. "Anyways, I've been meaning to ask, what unit did you serve in before getting taped for this? I was an ODST with the 105th, 8th battalion, before I became an S-IV." Gideon laid his pistol down on the counter, wanting to take a small break from practice.

"I was in the 105th as well Erik, but I became part of 7th Battalion. My squad and a handful of others were ordered to remain Earth side to help provide relief to civilian and military areas, whilst the Master Chief and the others went through the Portal. It was also to make sure that there would be something of the 7th left in case the mission through the Portal went south."

Murphy sat in his hospital bed, mentally rehearsing the path to the contact.

"Left. Two blocks. Left. One block. Right. Transport. Exit Station 15. Left."

Over and over, he repeated his route, etching it into his memory. He would occasionally pause and rattle off alternate routes, and possible hiding places should anything go wrong.

"Right. Restaurant to your right, cleaners to your left. Alley on the right. Left. Store at the end of the street. Bar to your left."

Sarah giggled as Amaya inflated and deflated her chest like a balloon "If only it was that easy" she said with a snicker before giving thought to Amaya's question "I wouldn't go much bigger then a large C for your current frame, but ultimately it's your body, so to speak, your the one that needs to be happy with how it looks, first and before every one else" Sarah said after a few moments. She was gonna comment on her hair but choose not to, mostly cause she was hardly the one to ask for fashion advice.

The little drell stopped infront of him, composed rather well with her confidence high with a sort of confidence that only doctors can have. "I am a Drell and my name is Pistis Phonoi, but you can call me Pisti." she exclaimed to him. "Might i have the pleasure of your species?" she asked, rather respectfully, holding out her hand for him to shake.

"Yeah, i guess you're right." Amaya said, inflating them to a comfortable B cup. She looked over herself and bit her lower lip. "Do i look ok or good? i really don't know how make a human body... i've been looking at my genetic code that was stored in me and trying to create an older appearance based on it, but i don't know if i'm doing it right." the A.I. said, a bit of concern for her appearance in her voice.

Voh watches her compose her self quickly and told her name. Offering her hand as she ask what he was. "My species is the proud race of Sangehili." He took her hand and shook on it. A bit hard to due to how awkward his hand was compare to hers. Shaking firmly as he lets go after a shake or two.

JASTIS-015

"I got that," he said as he had explained. "Although I am not so sure about that people person aspect to her," he continued as they began to walk through the corridor. "However I feel as if she wants to make things run her way, not my way. I may be working for Aria, but I don't think the idea was for her little goon to take over. She clearly lacks any military respect and that angers me. Hopefully with you around you can maybe put her more in line."

"You look fine, if you had a physical body like that, you'd blend in just fine, though I have to ask, why the sudden interest in your appearance?" Sarah asked, wondering what the AI was thinking with all these questions about how she looks "I mean, you kinda sound like your getting ready for a date"

Tau wordlessly picked up the spare platform and moved it through the ship, avoiding curious eyes, if only out of habit. By the time he reached the computer core, he recalled another request Amaya had. "Would you still prefer I analyze your fail-safes during the transfer? There is a low probability you spoke of this desire while speaking with Captain Jastis." While he waited for Amaya to answer, Tau start to hook up the hardline connections.

Erik
"I was in the 105th as well Erik, but I became part of 7th Battalion. My squad and a handful of others were ordered to remain Earth side to help provide relief to civilian and military areas, whilst the Master Chief and the others went through the Portal. It was also to make sure that there would be something of the 7th left in case the mission through the Portal went south."

Erik nodded in understanding as Gideon spoke. "Heh, my DI during ODST training was out of the 7th. Gunny Haversham; we were all convinced he could've killed a brute just by glaring at the ugly sonuvabitch." He said, thinking back. "We were just outside New Mombasa when that CAC jumped. Say a hunter get sucked down an alley when the rupture collapsed, would've been damned funny too, if four of my guys didn't get pulled along with it."

Kurash

After the Captain spoke, Kurash shook his massive head and sighed. "You'll have to forgive her for that sir, she's still young. You'd think commando training would've beaten that out of her, but I guess not." He said with a shrug. "Unlike her I've spent enough centuries dealing with you formal military types to get an idea of how you like to run things...so yeah, I'll whack her upside the head with a clue and make her mind her manners." Azzie, Azzie, Azzie, how is it that a krogan is running damage control for an ASARI...

"Heh, my DI during ODST training was out of the 7th. Gunny Haversham; we were all convinced he could've killed a brute just by glaring at the ugly sonuvabitch." Erik said in response, which almost made Gideon chuckle at the comment. "We were just outside New Mombasa when that CAC jumped... if four of my guys didn't get pulled along with it." It was at that point in which Gideon quietened down, out of a form of respect for those who had past, even though he never knew them.

"Ah, I see, it certainly is a shame to see someone go out like that, even more so if it was a friend; did your squad ever have a sense of camaraderie towards one another?" Gideon then asked, partly out of curiosity, but also wanting to know more about Erik from before he was a Spartan.

"With the failsafes, no i haven't spoken to Jastis about them. So we need not worry about them yet. In the future, i may come back to ask you about them." Amaya said, feeling the new ports being opened, giving her excitement.

"well... i have a crush on one of the crew, but i'm not going to ask them. It'd be silly... i'm an A.I., a being in virtual space, my chances of every truly interacting and being able to see them with realy eyes or touch them with real skin is none." Amaya said to Sarah, her holographic form sitting and left with her staring at the floor. "It's depressing to think of."

"Wow... a Sangili... sorry it's a new word for me. Sangheili. You're such an amazing specimen biologically i mean." Pisti said, blushing, not meaning anything sexually. "I'm a doctor, so i tend to freak out over new specimens, Sentient or not." she explained as Luna came out of the Shop.

"Who are you?" she asked the Drell.

"Pistis Phonoi" She said happily, extending her hand to shake.

Luna shook it "Luna Hatashi", then the next question popped into her head. "what are you doing here?" she asked, suspiciously.

"I was contacted by the Salarians you picked up."

Luna tilted her head but then radioed in to the slaraians. it took a minute, but she got ahold of them and they confirmed what the Drell said. "Looks like she's telling the truth Voh." Luna said.
"Ofcourse, i know not to lie to someone who's close to aria! that's a death sentence." she said.

Voh was about to say something when Luna came out. Letting her deal with the drell as he listen. Wonder what Pistis ment by amazing specimen. True his kind was great but never had other aliens told him so. This whole universe still surprising him daily. Normally any other race would speak poorly or hardly at all about his kind. It was quite different to hear others wise. "I do not believe she would lie either way. It would be very foolish to do so to a Sangheili." He said as he stare at both of them. "Now Luna. Anything else you would like to do before we return to the ship?"

Sarah just stared at the AI projection, surprised by this rather sudden turn, and was frankly at a loss for words on what to say to her, "Guess we really will need to plug you into a sex bot then" she finally said, Sarah still wasn't totally keen on the idea, but then, the more she thought about what Amaya was having to deal with, and at such a young age, the more it disgusted her anyone had sought consent to use a child like this.

"Nah. I'm going to be plugged into one of the walking flashlights soon enough, maybe then i'll be able to further my search for a body." she said happily smiling and looking up at the spartan. "I've come across some interesting Data that might just let me make a body for myself. She pulled up her DNA and the dragon's tooth that shish-kebabed luna. "These two are my two keys to having a body." she explained, her avatar staring at them happily.

"Nah, i'm good." Luna responded to Voh. And with that the trio set off towards the ship. it took about ten minutes and the entire way, the Drell was looking at Voh, taking down notes on a peice of paper. "You still use paper?" Luna questioned the medical drell.

"Yes, if i ever loose power, all my notes are still on hand." Pisti said to the Asari.

Luna shrugged and soon enough, they were back at the hangar.

"Follow me Voh, someone i want you to meet." Luna said excusing herself and walking up behind Kurash, giving a slap across the back of his hump. "Sup bonehead. and before you ask about the bandages, it's a new hole and no you can't screw it. Anyways, this is Voh." she said, gesturing to the Sangheili.

Meanwhile, the drell walked up to the captain, standing infront of him. "Luna explained to me that you are the captain, jastis. Pleasure to meet you sir." Pisti said, extending her hand for the captain to shake.

Erik

"Ah, I see, it certainly is a shame to see someone go out like that, even more so if it was a friend; did your squad ever have a sense of camaraderie towards one another?"

:By that point? No...We'd lost so many guys; I stopped even trying to learn their names. Hell, those four had been with the platoon less than a week." He replied sadly. "Before that...when I was a newly minted Helldiver? Fuck yeah. I was 2nd platoon, Delta Company in the 8th...'Thunder Run'." Setting his pistol down, he pulled up the back of his sweatshirt to show Gideon the tattoo on his shoulder. "We were your average heavily armed, dysfunctional 'family' I guess." Letting the shirt down, he waved his fake hand. "After this happened, the LT organized a funeral for my dearly departed 'girlfriend' here while I was in hospital...fucking assholes." The last line was delivered with a chuckle and shake of his head.

Kurash

"Sup bonehead. Before you ask about the bandages, it's a new hole and no you can't screw it. Anyways, this is Voh."

"Hey Azzie." Kruash said, as the asari hit him. "Like I need your skinny ass now that the genophage is gone...hell I come to Omega to give my quad a rest." Walking up to Voh, he looked him over. "You must be the one the Captain mentioned." Sniffing the air a few times he smiled. "You smell like him." He said, waving a hand in Jastis' direction. "You smell like battle, long and hard fought. I think I might like you aliens."

Following luna back to the ship as he was happy to be heading back now then later. Not liking this area at all due to how the other aliens look at them. Liking waiting for a fight or something. While he was enjoying the walk back he would notice Pisti was taking notes about him. Finding it a bit odd that such a alien would take notice of him like this. Though letting her do so for now.

Once they got back to the ship, Luna drag him to meet her ex.

"Follow me Voh, someone i want you to meet. Sup bonehead. and before you ask about the bandages, it's a new hole and no you can't screw it. Anyways, this is Voh."

He watch her slap him across the back as he turns around to greet her. Letting them have a quick chat before the Krogan, or Kurash walks up to him giving him a look over.

"You must be the one the Captain mentioned. You smell like him. You smell like battle, long and hard fought. I think I might like you aliens."

Voh chuckle as he look at the krogan before him. "Ah finally. Someone else who enjoys the thrill of the fight!" he said a bit happily. Glad someone who understood him and he could talk to with ease most likely. With the humans, he couldn't due to the fact his kind nearly wipe them out. With Luna, no offese to her, but she was trying to break his warrior habits and make him have a 'life' she calls it.

With the krogan before him he could recount tales of earlier battles and such and not have to worry about the humans counter parts.

Sarah fixed more on the Dragons Tooth then the DNA strand "Whats that thing? And hows it gonna help?" Sarah's monitor still displaying info about races and not tech, indicating she wasn't there yet.

Amaya blew up the dragon's tooth, showing her the device which had impaled Luna. "Inside this is a massive amount of nanites, they are capable of converting organic flesh into synthetic material, creating artificial life, extremely hostile though. I was thinking of repurposing them to create a mixture of synthetic and organic flesh, essentially building a body. I have my genetic code, so in the end, the body should something like what I would look like at 20." Amaya explained to Sarah.

"By that point? No...We'd lost so many guys; I stopped even trying to learn their names. Hell, those four had been with the platoon less than a week." Erik replied sadly. "Before that...when I was a newly minted Helldiver? Fuck yeah. I was 2nd platoon, Delta Company in the 8th...'Thunder Run'." Erik then set down his pistol on the counter, and pulled the back of his sweatshirt up to reveal a tattoo on his shoulder, with which Gideon replied with a whistle.

"We were your average heavily armed, dysfunctional 'family' I guess." Erik then waved his left hand. "After this happened, the LT organized a funeral for my dearly departed 'girlfriend' here while I was in hospital...fucking assholes." That last line was delivered with a chuckle and a shake of his head.

"Oh yeah, your prosthetic arm, still impressed by that. And I must say that is a pretty sweet tattoo you got there Erik. Personally though, I've never really wanted one, but I can appreciate the artistry and talent that goes into the designs." Gideon said, a hint of amazement in his voice.

"As for my squad, whilst we may have not gotten tattoos, we did have our squad emblem printed on the right shoulder, or in my case, left shoulder plate of our armour. Its of two swords positioned behind a medieval style helmet, reason being that we called ourselves, and don't laugh at this, the Knights of Virtue." Gideon waited a moment for any laughter that Erik wanted to dispense with before continuing.

"Never did figure out why we called ourselves that; but if I was to guess, I'd imagine that some of the team saw themselves as like the noble knights of ancient times, riding off to the face the enemy in combat, whether it be glorious or tragic; though instead of using horses, it be the Warthog and Mongoose vehicles."

"Inside this is a massive amount of nanites, they are capable of converting organic flesh into synthetic material, creating artificial life, extremely hostile though."

"What kinda of sadistic retard came up with this crap?!?!" Sarah blurted out, more on reflex then anything else, before remembering Amaya really wanted a real body again and this was the best option she had "Sorry, the thing just makes my skin crawl, I do hope it does what you want it to though." Sarah said, then pause like she had a thought then sly grin crossed her face "If it does make you can ask that guy you like out and we can go on a double date, kinda wanna met the guy that stole our cute little AI's heart"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked