Fallout: Wild Horses (Open for Sheets)

Pages PREV 1 2

Withdrawn for renovations: Creativity blocks are stupid

Charity Case:

Here's the basics. I'll add more as we go along.

(1) Edited with additional details.

Problem: Nuka Cola was invented before the Great War. So Vicky here would be over 200 years old to be the heir to the Nuka Cola franchise, and I find it hard to believe that there are still factories pumping the stuff out in the wasteland.

There's probably a lot wrong with it. But I couldn't help but insert a few references to NV in there. Tell me if there's anything I can improve on :)

Charity Case:
Double

Soviet Heavy:
Snip

Here, lemme help. I think I can solve this one.

It is a matter of fact that he's semi-basing this on some of the stuff from my RP in terms of background and stuff. My thinking is that he change it so that this Von Nuka is a fella that re-activated a factory in order to sell the product. The reason I see this working is because I made use of an NPC in my RP called Emerson Estabahn who bought, repaired, and started running the Capital Wasteland factory. Among the other snippets of interesting data involving it, there is one point of interest in that he was trying to make a deal with someone for a Nuka Cola Quartz recipe and so on. We could use this.

FalloutJack:
snip

How can a factory in the east coast be in contact with people in the western great plains? This seems to raise too many questions that need to be satisfied, and any background information about this would need to be put here, as we don't know how many have read Wild Wasteland.

Soviet Heavy:
SNIP

FalloutJack:
AND A HALF

I wasn't planning on her being an Heiress of the original Nuka Cola company. Rather, like Jack had mentioned, I was thinking that her dad had reactivated an old Nuka plant and was selling the stuff.

Edit: For the sake of simplicity... I will remove the Nuka Cola Heiress part from her background. Not trying to cause a stir over this, just trying to come up with something good.

EmperorZuma:

FalloutJack:
snip

How can a factory in the east coast be in contact with people in the western great plains? This seems to raise too many questions that need to be satisfied, and any background information about this would need to be put here, as we don't know how many have read Wild Wasteland.

Well, I believe Mojave Express knows a few good men...

Charity Case:

Soviet Heavy:
SNIP

FalloutJack:
AND A HALF

I wasn't planning on her being an Heiress of the original Nuka Cola company. Rather, like Jack had mentioned, I was thinking that her dad had reactivated an old Nuka plant and was selling the stuff.

Edit: For the sake of simplicity... I will remove the Nuka Cola Heiress part from her background. Not trying to cause a stir over this, just trying to come up with something good.

...but the matter seems to have settled itself.

FalloutJack:
TRUE DAT!

If Soviet Heavy's accepting of it... then it's all good. Be that as it may, I'm still making alterations on this sheet as my brain becomes less cluttered

I would like to reserve a spot, but I don't have time to make a character at the moment.
I have a couple outlined though, the one I plan on using is an NCR Ranger who was assigned to scout for new territories.

JokerboyJordan:

There's probably a lot wrong with it. But I couldn't help but insert a few references to NV in there. Tell me if there's anything I can improve on :)

I may be doing the math wrong in my head, but I don't think you character's sge matches the time. Since this is twenty years after New Vegas becomes independent, and if he was a teenager at the time, then he would be in his thirties.

Souplex:
I would like to reserve a spot, but I don't have time to make a character at the moment.
I have a couple outlined though, the one I plan on using is an NCR Ranger who was assigned to scout for new territories.

That's fine. Just PM me the sheet if you don't provide one before we start.

Speaking of which....

What time would be best for everyone here to begin? This is my last week of classes before I dive into exams, so I would like to get the ball rolling soon. I'll try to get my launch post ready in the next few days before I get too busy. What time would be best for you guys?

EmperorZuma:

JokerboyJordan:

I may be doing the math wrong in my head, but I don't think you character's sge matches the time. Since this is twenty years after New Vegas becomes independent, and if he was a teenager at the time, then he would be in his thirties.

Like I said, probably a lot wrong. I'll amend those details in due time then.

I have to ask, are we working from Yes Man: Takeover, or Yes Man: Anarchy? If it's anarchy, I'll need to revise slightly.
Also, how were all the major factions handled?

Souplex:

I have to ask, are we working from Yes Man: Takeover, or Yes Man: Anarchy? If it's anarchy, I'll need to revise slightly.

If Joe is to be an NCR ranger at this time, he would have been around ten when Vegas gained independence correct? So he joined up after the Mojave Campaign ended.

Soviet Heavy:

Souplex:

If Joe is to be an NCR ranger at this time, he would have been around ten when Vegas gained independence correct? So he joined up after the Mojave Campaign ended.

More like 15-ish. I admit I phrased it awkwardly when I mentioned his witnessing the Legion's brutality, but he didn't actually do any major fighting against the Legion, he simply joined the group that opposed them.

Souplex:
snip

The Rangers are an elite outfit of the military, he would have to do something incredible in order to even be considered. Age would probably also be a contributing factor. I don't see how they would take a 15 year-old unless he was able to make the tide turn back.

EmperorZuma:

Souplex:
snip

The Rangers are an elite outfit of the military, he would have to do something incredible in order to even be considered. Age would probably also be a contributing factor. I don't see how they would take a 15 year-old unless he was able to make the tide turn back.

I didn't say he was 15 when he joined, he was 15-ish when he came to the NCR.

Souplex:
snip

All right, but I still think the act that got him into the Rangers is worth noting, since you said he didn't see much combat.

EmperorZuma:

Souplex:
snip

All right, but I still think the act that got him into the Rangers is worth noting, since you said he didn't see much combat.

You don't need a special act to get into the rangers, if you generally perform well in the regular army, you can apply to the rangers, and if you make it past the battery of tests you're in.
I didn't say he hasn't seen much combat, I said he didn't really fight the Legion.

In answer to the question of 'when', I'm available this week until the weekend, mostly. Convention.

I'm available whenever, provided you like my sheet on the last page :)

Souplex:
Snip

I thought I'd point this out because you're saying your character is in his mid 30's and he joined the army when he could pass for serving age. Lets say that your character is 35 for sake of argument. A Ranger Sequoia is awarded for serving 20 faithful years as a ranger. It is only carried by ranger veterans, and carrying one that is not yours without good reason is a crime in the NCR. It is an identifying mark for the bearer as each one is crafted specifically for its owner, so they would be able to tell. The most major flaw (that I can see) is that if your character was 15 when he joined (sake of argument again), he would have had to have been made a ranger the same year or he wouldn't be carrying that Sequoia if he is currently 35.

So I'd say that specifying the age of when he joined the army and when he became a ranger would make the solution obvious (specifying his current age in the area of atleast 38), solving this problem, and most of the current criticisms. You don't have to have your character know his age, or the dates. It would just make it easier for everyone else if they were on your sheet.

Soviet Heavy:
Snip

Any time is good for me. Also I thought I'd point out that I edited my sheet.

I am ready to raise my sword whenever the call is made, Mein GM and Co-GM!

Tessa Rabbit will ride into battle start making the Wasteland a poorer place soon enough.

I'm ready on this end.

Will a group be made for behind-the-scenes communication and wacky hijinks?

Anti-American Eagle:

Souplex:
Snip

I thought I'd point this out because you're saying your character is in his mid 30's and he joined the army when he could pass for serving age. Lets say that your character is 35 for sake of argument. A Ranger Sequoia is awarded for serving 20 faithful years as a ranger. It is only carried by ranger veterans, and carrying one that is not yours without good reason is a crime in the NCR. It is an identifying mark for the bearer as each one is crafted specifically for its owner, so they would be able to tell. The most major flaw (that I can see) is that if your character was 15 when he joined (sake of argument again), he would have had to have been made a ranger the same year or he wouldn't be carrying that Sequoia if he is currently 35.

So I'd say that specifying the age of when he joined the army and when he became a ranger would make the solution obvious (specifying his current age in the area of atleast 38), solving this problem, and most of the current criticisms. You don't have to have your character know his age, or the dates. It would just make it easier for everyone else if they were on your sheet.

Sorry, didn't know the 20 years thing.
Gonna switch it to a hunting revolver.

RipVanTinkle:

Tessa Rabbit will ride into battle start making the Wasteland a poorer place soon enough.

I'm ready on this end.

I'll be making a user group later this week. I'll also have a new thread for the main RP at that time.

Soviet Heavy:

RipVanTinkle:

I'm ready on this end.

I'll be making a user group later this week. I'll also have a new thread for the main RP at that time.

Any sort of timeframe, so we don't have to compulsively check here?
Yeah, within the week is a timeframe, but a less broad one perhaps?

Soviet Heavy:
Snip.

Umm... sorry to bug you but...

did I make it in?

I posted my character sheet pretty early in the thread... as in... just before you posted yours.
Don't know if you saw it. Thanks.

TheDoctor455:

Soviet Heavy:
Snip.

Umm... sorry to bug you but...

did I make it in?

I posted my character sheet pretty early in the thread... as in... just before you posted yours.
Don't know if you saw it. Thanks.

Yes I've seen it. And it is fine. Really, I am not too picky with the sheets that have been posted. The RP will remain open for new sheets even as we get underway so that we still have a decent roster if poeple drop.

Souplex:

Soviet Heavy:

RipVanTinkle:

I'm ready on this end.

Any sort of timeframe, so we don't have to compulsively check here?
Yeah, within the week is a timeframe, but a less broad one perhaps?

Sometime later today or tomorrow at the latest.

hello there i would like to part take in your RP I've always wanted to play in a Fallout RP. anyway if there's any problems with it please let me know and change it and IF the problems is gammer i'm sorry but i can't change that me and gammer we don't get along, my gammer seems to like starting fights with other people sadly.

Here's my submission into the Role Play. I hope you accept me because I could really use the acceptance now. Please please. Tell me I'm good enough to be here! Please!PLEASE!PLEASE!

Re-submission:

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or