Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 57 NEXT

Etna cursed.

She had dozed off and now there was a battle! Well, one seemed to be over with all the other demigods and the titan himself slamming the satyrs into submission. Still, never mind that, she could help, unlike Mr. Nice Guy who was just standing there. Etna scowled. Well, at least he would get to see her power. And then the others and him would probably judge her harshly because it. Yes, she can mess with people's feelings, do you have a problem with that? And they would probably would have a problem with it. It was just like secondary school all over again.

Could they really shun her for helping them out? Probably. Etna had stopped caring about what others thought about her a long time again anyway. Regardless, she began her work. Concentrating on a wide area, she... No. The other demigods would be affected. Not the right way to go at all. She changed her approach. Concentrating on the satyrs, she attempted to instill them with confusion. The fact that she still was a bit confused about Andrew helped a little. But that would probably be all the man was good for. From the outside, however, it looked like she was just doing the same as him, just standing there.

Well, that would be contradicted soon enough...

It looked like chaos to Nicole, but it seemed they were winning between Able, Remus and Dan dismembering the goat-men and Aria incinerating them. Part of her felt revulsion at the sight and smell of all the death but any nausea was kept in check by the adrenaline. It seemed to be getting to the satyr's as well, or at least something was, a few of them seemed dazed by something. Guess its time to use my power, no reason to hold back.

A spectral white light unfolded from her back, forming into a pair of large angelic wings stretching upwards behind her, the glowing light they were composed of seemed to suffuse her body making her feel stronger and faster already. Guided by what felt like instinct she darted forward, dropping the knife as she did so as it would hardly be useful in the air. She rushed one of the dazed satyrs grabbing it by the horns as she took flight.

She could fly faster than she could run, and she could run extremely fast, and even with the weight of the satyr her ascent was hardly slowed. The monster began to struggle desperately, clawing at her hands and arms weakly, but between the angle it was being held at and the pain of being lifted by its horns there was little it could do.

She reached the peak of her ascent but did not let go, instead she dove back towards the ground quickly reversing and then exceeding her previous speed. Small shapes of the remaining satyr's swarmed about and she picked one and aimed towards it as she dove, its form rapidly growing into view. Present for you, she released the satyr she had been holding and it let out a pathetic animal cry as it flew downwards, the two goat-men collided with a sickening crunch.

Her wings fanned out to slow her fall, angling her back upwards as she circled overhead trying to pick out targets. Part of her regretted not having a gun or at least something to throw at them, the other part was still not sure if she should be disgusted or not by what she'd just done. She felt detached from all this, but part of her also felt like she did when running a race. It was a challenge, a contest where she had to push herself and she could feel the path to victory laid out before her, following it was instinct almost, but she didn't want to enjoy this challenge and the feeling that part of her did made her shudder.

Remus became rather confused when he saw Dan skewer the Satyr he had downed with his spear. What was the good in that? The creature was already good as dead after its skull had been caved in. Maybe he was just making certain of its fate. Or maybe the son of Odin had a bit of a bloodlust. Remus continued to observe the battlefield with care, taking note of the sudden decline of jumping goatmen. The other demigods had been making mincemeat out of their foes, and luckily there seemed to be no casualties on their side. The sight of Able murdering a Satyr with its own horn and Aria ripping one apart with magic was relieving to Remus. He had previously worried that he would burden himself with constantly protecting each of his comrades. Yet most of them seemed to be handling themselves very well in combat, especially with such a vicious enemy.

It was then that he saw something truly surprising. Suddenly a pair of shining, golden wings soared across the sky. The sight amazed Remus - at first he thought he had seen angel. It took only a few moments for him to recognize however that the wings were attached to none other than Nicole. He watched as she swooped down and snatched up one of the foul Satyrs. Now the sight of Nicole reminded him less of an angel and more like an eagle. "Now that...is just magnificent!"

But Remus' attention was diverted when he saw a dark shadow covering his view of the winged demigod. Snapped out of the dazzling moment, his senses return to him and his instinctively threw his hand forward. He luckily managed to catch the Satyr's kick. The slam of the beastman's hoof met that of his palm and he grunted from the surge of pain. Nevertheless, Remus wasted no time turning this surprise attack the other way around. He mustered up some more strength, gripping his fingers around the Satyr's hoof and twisting it with a feral might. The goatman's foot snapped off and it let out a pained bleating cry. Remus then release his grip on the broken leg and bolted onto the Satyr as it fell to the ground. He brought his hands up to its neck and pushed down hard, breaking the Satyr's throat and giving it a quick death. "No need to prolong the dumb beast's suffering." he thought.

Prometheus staggered towards the group, clutching his side and slightly wheezing. The final Satyr had been slain, and the previous bickering had been replaced with stoney determinism. The blood from his gash had seeped through his shirt; it seemed the Rams horn had sliced over his liver, possibly the most tender area on his body. But he would live.

A quick glance revealed they were all there, and in fairly good nick. A few cuts and bruises, but Prometheus couldn't see much more.

"Is everyone okay?"

His voice carried neither humor nor sarcasm. Leaning against the kombi, he whipped the smashed glasses from his face. These were a good pair, dammit.

He gingerly probed the wound and let out a small cry; it had indeed pierced straight through his skin to his organ. This time, however, he doubted his liver could grow back overnight.

"Andrew, I need a little help over here!"

He cracked a weak smile as he took off his shirt, revealing to the group the two sizable wounds on his side, as well as his inhuman titan figure. Muscle twisted and warped over bones;shoulders that protruded too far; ribs that looked like curved swords.

Panting in the heat, he tried to lift the mood, awaiting medical attention.

"Well, at least we know we can handle his goons, so to speak."

From her perch on top of the van Aria, she had a great view of the field, although from the look of things the others had the situation well in hand, and just kept an eye out in case some one needed support. As she scanned around she spotted, an angel? no, upon closer inspection it was Nicole. Aria was confused, she though ever one was a demigod of some flavor, didn't know angels where involved, though the way she attacked reminded her less of an 'angelic figure' and more 'bird of prey'.

But before long the last enemy was slain and Prometheus staggered back over, calling out for Andrew, and Aria 'ported back to the ground. She'd already been calming down from her outburst, still a little winded but other wise fine. Until the sights and smells hit her. Aira was not a 'squeamish' girl, she'd hunted, cleaned and skinned her own kills, even eaten a heart out of one of them, but this was different, totally different. "I think I'm gonna be sick" she grounded after a few moments, and headed behind the van. With one and on the corner of the van she hunched over, then shortly after that, lost her breakfast on the road.

The others took care of the rest of the satyrs. It seemed Etna had done something to them when she came out, the goat-men had seemed more confused when she stared at them. That was probably her power, whatever it was. Andrew looked towards Prometheus, knowing he had been hurt before, and the amount of blood made it clear that there was a huge cut in his side.

"Andrew, I need a little help over here!"

"Yeah." Prometheus took of the bloodied shirt as Andrew approached, showing of not only one, but two wounds. They were deep, at least one of them had pierced the guy's liver. Not to mention, it was quite clear the guy wasn't human from the shape of his muscles.

Fuck, this is way beyond what I can do anything about.

Having seen enough from the wounds to know that there were little he could do for the inside, he frowned, and grabbed Prometheus shirt, holding it against the wounds to try to stop the bleeding. They would need to rip up some more clothes, they could make use of the knife he had seen Nicole carrying too. They needed cloth as bandages, and probably another t-shirt to stop the blood. In this situation, that was all he could do. Something told him that calling an ambulance to pick up a titan wasn't the best idea. It didn't seem like the gods were watching over them either.

Damn it. If I had some tools, or something. Anything.

He was about to start asking people to get to work with the clothes. However, he felt odd. Weird. And the wounds seemed to be... closing? Was this normal for Prometheus? Or...

This is me, isn't it?

Any doubt disappeared as the feeling spread. Andrew couldn't help but have a baffled look, not removing either of his hands in case it would ruin the magic, or do something worse. The wounds appeared in his mind, so to say. A sort of knowledge of his power? Or just him remembering what he had already fixed? He had closed the inner one, the one that had cut the liver, and now the other ones was almost closed as well. He couldn't feel the blood spill out anymore, and carefully and slowly removed the t-shirt from the wounds. There was only 2 slight marks in the skin now, and he watched as they faded.

What the...

He stepped back, and looked at Prometheus. So... he was fine now? Andrew took a short moment to collect himself, to make sure he did not act like a fool even though he had just done something mind-blowing and strange. He was a demi-god, and the others could do a lot of weirder things, that was for sure.. Still, it was different when it was yourself.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. Andrew also turned to the other demigods, and asked: "Anyone else who needs to get fixed?"

Well, that was oddly convenient. And... amazing.

"I think I'm gonna be sick."

Dan didn't have a chance to really combat too many of those, but he had managed to assist Remus in a murder, and had killing the one charging Aria. Drove a hole into its' heart, in fact, and left a goatman shaped dent in the van.

He couldn't help but smile a little, before noticing Aria had gone to the back of the van, and was throwing up breakfast. Dan strolled over, making sure to not step in the puddle. He bent over, patting Aria on the back.

"Let it out, combat is a whole different animal to anything else. If my dad wasn't Odin, I'd lose my lunch too." Dan got up when he felt she had finished, "To be honest with you, if you hadn't done that, I'd probably not talk to you again. I was bred for this, and even so I feel terrible." Dan sighed, before continuing.

"Even so, this won't be our last fight, I fear. We'll have plenty more fights, some more difficult and some less. Just promise me that by the end of this journey, you'll still feel horrible, still feel like you can't hold your lunch, and still feel human. Don't become desensitized to this, nobody should." Dan held out his hand in case she needed help getting up.

"How are you feeling?"

Looking down, Prometheus saw his wound had closed and healed, leaving little trace of scarring save a thin, white line. He ran his fingers over it, unable to believe what had transpired.

"Son of Apollo indeed. That's...very handy! What did it feel like?"

Standing straight, he took the time to look closer at each member. Stephen seemed the next candidate for healing, and called over.

"You alright Stephen? Andrew, I think he needs some help."

He heard Aria throwing up and Dans comforting words, which brought his jaded cynicism to the surface. But instead of commenting sarcastically on the inevitable effects of combat, he kept silent. They deserved a small break, and instead went to the van and took out his cigarettes. Lighting one up, he spoke between puffs of smoke.

"We should continue as soon as we can, we're only an hour away. If anyone asks, our van rolled and that's why we're beat up. I also need a new shirt, does anyone have a spare? I don't really look too human without one...

With that, he reached in and fired up the engine, content to wait outside with the group until the shock had subsided.

"Is everyone okay?"

"NO!" Steven yelled, "My nose is broken and one of my ribs are fractured. I managed to get one of this things alive if anyone wants to question it."

Steven hand clutched his side as another gripped a wash cloth to the creatures leg. He looked over to see Prometheus was not in the best shape either, and ... Andrew, yes Andrew... was trying to stop the bleeding

"They are not the best things for a surgery," Steven began, "But I brought a tool box that should still be in the leg room of the passenger seat! If nothing else there is another rag you can use."

Aria coughed a few times as Dan spoke to her, then wiped her mouth off as she looked at him, still feeling a bit ill so she took his hand and let him help her back up "If it wasn't for the fact I feel so ill an just threw up, I'd kiss you right now" she said as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug "But thanks, for savin me, and I'll try" she said, holding to Dan. He felt good against her for some reason, she couldn't place it be she liked 'this', what ever it was "Would ya sit with me for the rest a the ride there?"

Nicole stumbled as she landed near the van, wings vanishing in a flash and she staggered forward but remain standing, with her hands on her knees to support herself. She pushed herself upright, only for the adrenaline to fade and the sight and smell of it all to hit her. There was little she could do about it, she vomited on the ground god how horrible.

The other each did their own thing, Andrew seemed to be tending to the wounded, Aria seemed to have a similar reaction as her. Fortunately there wasn't much in her stomach and she finished, bringing an arm up to wipe her mouth. Only as she raised her arm did she notice the scratches and the blood, from the satyr's she had knifed and dropped respectively, and she felt like puking again only there was nothing left to retch up.

She forced herself upright though, and started to walk back to the others hey we won at least, that's something. It was not as comforting a thought as she'd hoped it would be.

Son of Apollo indeed. That's...very handy! What did it feel like?"

Andrew didn't know what to answer. It felt odd. Fantastic, but something told him there was more, a different side to his powers, in a way. What would it be? Before he could answer, Prometheus told him that Steven probably was the next who needed healing. From what Steven yelled the very next moment, it seemed like the man had a broken nose and rib. However, Steven seemed to worry more about Prometheus, talking about tools for surgery.

"They are not the best things for a surgery. But I brought a tool box that should still be in the leg room of the passenger seat! If nothing else there is another rag you can use."

"Thanks, but I've fixed it... somehow." Andrew made sure Prometheus was fine, again, before he walked over to Steven, and examined the obviously broken nose. It didn't seem to be bleeding horribly. Lifting some clothes to see the fractured rib, Andrew could see that Steven had been hit in the side. The rib hadn't pierced the skin, and it seemed to only be broken in one place from what he could feel from his careful examination, so it might be something he could fix. He didn't know, honestly. However, he instinctively learned more about his powers as he went through the different possibilities.

"I'm going to try to heal you now, but I'll need to... hold the bones at the correct angle, else I might mess up. Also, you should focus on taking short breaths." The nose didn't seem like a problem, but he feared the rib might be a bit trickier. He concentrated on fixing the nose first. Even after he was done, he knew that there'd still be some pain. Same with the rib. But first, there would be a bit more pain.

"This will hurt a bit, but it'll be fine. Just count to three."

One. Two. There.

He went on to healing the rib, making sure it was done correctly. It didn't take very long, but it still left him feeling tired.

I guess bones are harder to fix than flesh.

"It's still not completely well yet, that'll take a few days. I'm afraid I can't do more than that, although..." He went through his pockets, and in the lower inner pocket of his denim-jacket, he found what he was looking for.

I'm still carrying it...

Andrew pulled out a syringe and a small bottle. It was something that would help against the pain, morphine. It had never been used for it's true purpose, one of the darker of the thoughts he had had. It couldn't help Prometheus much, the guy had been drinking and his wounds had been healed completely, but perhaps Steven might have a better use for it.

Why was I still carrying it?

"Say, have you reacted allergically to a narcotic medicine? Or have you been drinking? Because the pain's not going to go away for a few days, and I could give you a small dose of morphine, at least for the remainder of the drive."

Having bones mend together was a... strange feeling to say the least. Well, that is several months of recovery he would not have to worry about. Still, there was a dull pain, and suddenly Steven was hungry. Guess the healing needed matter and energy from somewhere...

"Say, have you reacted allergically to a narcotic medicine? Or have you been drinking? Because the pain's not going to go away for a few days, and I could give you a small dose of morphine, at least for the remainder of the drive."

"I drank a few glasses last night, but I haven't had any since than and no I am not allergic" Steven said, "Although, I hope there will be a drive."

Steven turned to the over turned van, hoping that no part of the engine was actually broken.

Alive? He captured one?

Prometheus whipped round and ran to the Satyr. Ignoring Stephen and Andrew, he threw the creature hard against the van. It whimpered slightly, knowing there was nowhere to run. Pinning it there by it's neck, he narrowed his eyes as he stared at the goat-man.

Prometheus knew why it was here, and what it was doing. Neither pity nor empathy welled up within the titan; he was born and bred to hate his monstrous cousins. It squirmed slightly, badly damaged, bleeding.

Without moving his head, he called out to the other group.

"I have no questions for this foul beast. Do any of you have use for it?"

Dan smiled as he helped her onto her feet, and blushed heavily when she hugged him, his smile grew further. He returned the hug, holding back a lot of his strength. Didn't want to make her more uncomfortable after all...

"Would ya sit with me for the rest a the ride there?"

"Yeah, yeah sure." Dan tried to hide his voice cracking as best he could he could. He felt he could stay here for awhile if he wanted to. The healer was healing, the mechanic was yelling. They could wait for a minute... He stayed like that for a moment, before hugging a tiny bit harder, and disconnected himself.

"Get in the bus when you're ready, I'll try and help in any way I can. Save me a seat." Dan winked, before turning around, and jogging to Prometheus.

"No, but hold on." Dan turned around, to make sure Aria wasn't watching, before gripped the horns, and tore them off of its head, blood surging out of the wounds almost immediately. He stabbed the hands of the creature, creating a hole in the palms of its' hands.

"Now it's harmless, and its' friends are dead. He has been punished, if he follows us he will die. Leave him, our quest needs to be finished soon." Dan felt a large pang of guilt, this was the monster he was. One who could inflict such wounds with no hesitation, only hate and anger.

'I'm a hypocrite...' Dan turned around, and stopped.

"Don't tell anyone of this." He continued towards the bus, and sat next to Aria once he found her, his hands clean of blood and a warm smile on his face.

"I drank a few glasses last night, but I haven't had any since than and no I am not allergic. Although, I hope there will be a drive."

Andrew nodded. "Yeah, of course." He looked at the van, and sighed.

Riiight. That happened.

Still, he didn't think the man was in too much pain, and he seemed more intend to fix the car.

"I'll give you a dose when you're done with checking the van. If you need it, of course, but I'd advise you to let me give you a shot if we're going to be walking, at least. I should head over and see if anyone else needs to be healed, but I'll be right over there if you start hurting or something."

Andrew spotted Nicole, who had left the group for a short moment, return. She had blood on her, probably mostly the satyrs, but still. She was paler than before, and looked sick. Was she actually hurt? Or was this due to emotions? He couldn't be sure, so he walked over to her.

"Hey," he said. He didn't have a cheerful or friendly tone in his voice, but rather one that made you feel like you could rely on him. The sort he always had when talking to patients. "Are you okay? Do you want me to fix your wounds?"

I do hope this isn't one of the emotional things. Then again, she did just kill several satyrs. That might be enough to make someone upset enough to get sick.

Well, if she didn't like that, then the treatment of the satyr Steven had taken alive would probably not help. Andrew didn't flinch as he watched, or even react, he had never reacted to blood other than trying to figure out how serious the wound was. He looked back at Nicole, trying to see if she minded it.

With the last of the Satyrs dispatched, Remus looked around at the scene left behind. It had been a massacre for the hoofed assassins, their corpses littered about while all the demigods remained standing. Prometheus appeared to have been badly hurt in the scrap however. The titan took off his shirt to reveal a pair of nasty wounds, as well as a rather inhuman figure. Andrew didn't last much time assisting Prometheus with his wound. Remus was amazed by how fast he worked - within seconds he had patched up the titan like it was nothing. Apollo's son then asked if anyone else needed medical attention, Looking down, Remus noticed that he was bleeding from his hand. His knuckles had been scrapped from that earlier punch and his had gotten cut up by that one Satyr's hoof kick. He decided however not to bother Andrew with his injury. There were others who probably had it worse, and he could tough it out.

It seemed that some of the other demigods, particularly the girls, weren't handling the aftermath of the carnage very well. "I think I'm gonna be sick" he heard Aria declare, before she vomited all over the road. Moments after he saw Nicole descend from her flight and commence throwing up as well. For a second Remus wondered why he was not so unsettled by the smell of burning and sight of death, but quickly remembered that he was a son of Mars. Battle was in his blood. It would be odd if it some way did unsettle him.

With Dan attending Aria, Remus decided to make his way over to Nicole. He flexed his hand, feeling it stinging something nasty still from the fight, and walked towards the daughter of Nike. "Hey there." he called out. "Quite a ruckus that was, eh?" He then noticed that she had some blood coating her arm. "Got a bit of raw battle experience yourself I see, Miss Angel."

"Yeah, yeah sure.Get in the bus when you're ready, I'll try and help in any way I can. Save me a seat."

Aria smiled lightly at Dan's reply as he broke their hug and turned to climb into the van.

Aria ignored the Titan, she'd had enough meaningless violence for one day, so she just got into the van, and took a seat, saving the space next to her for Dan. 'Flirting with a boy? Wonder what Mom an Dad would say if they where here' she though as she waited for Dan, wondering her self what it was about Dan she found attractive, normally it would be some one like Nicole she was interested in, but that was strangely not the case this time.

When Dan sat next to her she smiled again, and leaned against him, sighed "Would you think less of me if I said I just wanted to go home?"

She winced as Dan crippled the Satyr further, if it hadn't been going to die of its injuries before that it certainly would now. Be better if they just killed it, she shuddered at the thought.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to fix your wounds?"

"I'm fine, its just a few scratches," she replied, she no longer felt like throwing up at least, more like she was detached, "I suppose if you have anything to bandage the scratches or clean up the blood that would help."

God what is happening, maybe things will be better tomorrow, I hope so at least I still have finals, they feel so far away. She shook her head trying to clear it, Andrew seemed almost unfazed by this, as did Remus who walked up to her.

"Got a bit of raw battle experience yourself I see, Miss Angel."

"I guess, never been in a fight before," she said, wondering how the two of them were handling this so well "How are you guys holding up so well?" Am I weak for being affected like this?

"How are you guys holding up so well?" Remus shrugged. "Not sure about the others, but for me it probably has to do with the fact I'm half war-God. Plus while growing up I had to kill wild predators in the fields rather often. I just image most things I fight against as being like wolves. Nasty and scary, but if you hit them hard enough then they'll go right down." He paused for a moment, wanting to shift the subject away from the realm of the morbid. "I didn't know you had wings. You looked like a divine eagle from down here. An absolutely beautiful display!"

"I'm fine, its just a few scratches. I suppose if you have anything to bandage the scratches or clean up the blood that would help."

I can do a lot better than that.

"Well, actually, it seems that I have the ability to heal injuries. So I'll just fix this."

He healed any scratches he could see, and smiled. "Like that. Better?"

Before she got the chance to answer, Remus the brute walked over to them, wanting to praise Nicole. It was obvious that he was trying to get closer to Nicole for certain reasons. The same kinda reasons Etna had thought he had.

He's quit pushy, isn't he?

Nicole spoke again. "How are you guys holding up so well?"

"Well, I never fought, so I wouldn't have the same experience as you. And I'm still not feeling all that well."

I'm getting a bit tired. I hope we don't have to walk...

"I might seem a bit unfazed... But don't worry, I'm just used to seeing blood. Your reaction is the more normal one."

Andrew then noticed Remus' hand.

"Say, do you want me to heal that up for you? It could get infected."

He then heard Remus continue to proclaim how wonderful Nicole had been, and boasting.

He doesn't even try to disguise it.

Andrew didn't mind or have any special care for Nicole, but he still had a bit of a grudge towards Remus. He touched the other's hand, healing it regardless of what Remus wanted, and healed it.

"There, you're welcome."

"Would you think less of me if I said I just wanted to go home?"

"Of course not." Dan replied immediately, blushing and smiling as she leaned against him. He was glad to be torn from any violent thoughts, usually it took longer though. Perhaps she had a power, or perhaps he simply... liked her.

"I think a lot of us want to go home. Still, gods chose us for this, and I suppose I like the idea of helping the world. Perhaps even saving it." Dan leaned on her as well, taking her hand in his. He lowered his voice as he continued.

"Still, I'd prefer it if you stayed. Maybe it's selfish for me to ask you to help risk your life, especially when not all of us are suited for this, but... Ah, I don't know." Dan frowned, and looked out the window.

Steven stared at what the other did to the goatman, to stunned for words.

Still he got up and when to inspect the van. The grill was smashed, one of the tires appeared of been popped, some of the glass had been cracked, the left mirror had been shattered, and the duct tape oil plugs had come off. Thankfully nothing within the engine had outright broken, although some of the oil had leaked out during the fight, and it was easy to move back what had been thrown around.

"It will still drive," Steven said to the group, "However, I do suggest we don't let that happen again if you don't want to walk the rest of the way. Prometheus, if something runs in front of the car that clearly isn't a person, keep driving."

"Like that. Better?"

"Thanks," she replied, surprised by his newfound ability. She still felt somewhat out of it but at least there wouldn't be any marks once she'd washed the blood off now, her clothes might be ruined though.

"I might seem a bit unfazed... But don't worry, I'm just used to seeing blood. Your reaction is the more normal one."

"Not sure about the others, but for me it probably has to do with the fact I'm half war-God. Plus while growing up I had to kill wild predators in the fields rather often. I just image most things I fight against as being like wolves. Nasty and scary, but if you hit them hard enough then they'll go right down."

She nodded, more thankful for Andrew's reply than Remus's not sure I can just picture an enemy as something else, though I doubt I'd have so much trouble if they didn't look so... human. And I have my own heritage, Nike was a charioteer in the Titan war, if that feeling is from that though then its not helping me. Again she remembered the feeling of satisfaction, of triumph at their victory and how wrong it seemed to her.

"I didn't know you had wings. You looked like a divine eagle from down here. An absolutely beautiful display!"

This comment caught her somewhat off guard, it was out of place, "Thanks," she muttered a bit weakly I'm not in the mood for flirting, maybe he's trying to make me feel better but this especially is the wrong time for that. She wasn't sure if she wanted to talk to him right now, "I'm going to go check on the others, maybe you should go see if they need help with the car Remus? And thanks again Andrew," she said, turning and walking off.

She looked around for Vera hoping she would be able to talk to her friend about this, but couldn't see her didn't she say she had an air form or something? Maybe that's what she is, I don't see her anywhere and Prom or maybe Andrew would have said something if she was hurt. Deciding she couldn't do much about that she spotted Able and walked over towards him, like Remus he had fought the satyr's with his hands I should see if he's hurt I suppose "Hey, you alright?" she asked as she approached I don't think I am, but hopefully that'll go away when we get out of here.

"Still, I'd prefer it if you stayed."

"You would?" Aria said, blushing a little, "How come?" she asked, looking up at him 'he doesn't like me? does he? how can he, we just met yesterday and I haven't done much beside freak out to some degree over all this' she thought as the others started climbing into the van, though Aria stayed against Dan, as before with the hug, he felt 'good' and wasn't about to move, especially since it made her feel less ill

Prometheus didn't wince as Dan dismembered the Satyr. The creature didn't scream, just whimpered in pain. He released it from the choke hold, and promptly crushed it's neck beneath his boot. Better dead than dying.

He returned to the front of the van to speak to Stephen. "As long as we can get to Ayer's rock before nightfall, I'll gladly run over any number of Dionysus' followers."

He ran his hands over the hoof-print dent, the bent steel an indication of how close some of them had come to dying. Prometheus wondered how he'd feel if any of them were to perish. He then chuckled at what they'd think if he did.

"I am still in need of a shirt. Anyone. I can hardly go into town like this."

He then stretched widely, yawning, cracking his spine and shoulders loudly. Between loud yawns, he commented on Nicole.

"I wonder what they thought of you, Nicole. You are truly the aspect of victory. Reminds me of this one time in Greece..."

He trailed off, mumbling, not to be heard above the more intimate conversations.

"You would? How come?"

'Because I feel like less of a psychopath around you.'

"Because... Well, I guess I just like you." Dan's face turned entirely red as he looked out the window.

'Putting a lot on the line already? Let's review, you met yesterday, you complimented her magic, you had a brief conversation, you ate breakfast together, and you cheered her up after she threw up. Match. Made. In. Heav- SHUT UP.'

Dan turned back to her and smiled, face still red as ever. He had put his spear away earlier, though he caught himself holding onto it, which implied oh so many things wrong with him. He dropped it back into his bag, his face reddening even further. He bit his lower lip, and calmed himself down enough to continue speaking.

"Er, I like you a lot actually, and I think you make a wonderful-addition-to-the-team-and-would-like-to-continue-working-with-you-in-the-near-future!" Dan took a deep breath, before smiling absent-mindedly.

'And now I'm creepy. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- SHUT UP.'

"I'm going to go check on the others, maybe you should go see if they need help with the car Remus? And thanks again Andrew."

"Glad to help," he answered.

Seems like she didn't like his flirting. Hardly a surprise, given the situation. Great, it makes me want to laugh.

Andrew wondered what else to do, no one else had approached him with injuries, and he couldn't spot someone with one. He'd probably soon have to ask Steven if he did want the morphine, but not until he knew the other was done with what he was supposed to do, fixing the car. Prometheus spoke up.

"I am still in need of a shirt. Anyone. I can hardly go into town like this."

You would definitely turn some heads if not.

"Yeah, true." Andrew removed what he had in the pockets and put it in his pants, before handing Prometheus his denim jacket. It was a large one, so it would probably fit regardless of what size Prometheus used.

"Here. I don't need it, it's hot outside. And, it's not covered in blood or sweat, I'd say that's a good thing."

"I guess I just like you, I like you a lot actually"

Aria turned bright red 'Holy crap he does like me! Be calm, this might be new but stay calm and maybe you can get a little of what you been given for your self' "I like you to, and wouldn't mind if we slept together" then Aria realized what she said and actually managed to turn a brighter shade of red' You IDIOT!!!! DON'T SAY THAT HE'LL THINK YOUR A SLUT!' "I meant, spent time together, in the non sexual way" she said trying to recover from her tongue slip "I'm really not the kinda girl to sleep around I mean how can I? I'm still a Virgin ..." 'OH FUCK ME!!! SHUT UP NOW YOU DUMB DAMNED BLONDE!!' the sudden panic of her inner thought process bleeding through to her expression as she continued to fail miserably at her attempts of wooing Dan "I'm just gonna go throw my self under the van now..."

It was over... funny fights never seemed to END as clearly as they started. They seem to strike like lightning and then just fade away. Looking around t the bloody satyrs they had scattered around the ground the phrase "Not with a bang but with a wimper" had never seemed more fitting. One of his fingers twitched with left over energy and he realised he was still holding the broken horn. My first trophy. He held it up, admiring the grooves and curves in the light. What the hell am I thinking?! He threw it away, hoping no one else had seen it.

This wasn't him, he wasn't a violent person... was he? I mean sure I've thought about punching my old school bullies but... I wanted to rip that thing's head off. During the fight all he had seen was thought of holding the satyr in his hands and ripping it apart. To see it scattered and broken before him to test himself against it and prove his superiority. That's not me! That's like the old myths about... dad... So that's what else he had gotten from his father. Grey eyes, german bone structure, muteness and bloodlust... thanks dad, couldn't just give me a bike or something could you?

Maybe he should talk to Dan? He seemed to know more about handling his norse side than Able.

"Hey, you alright?" Asked Nicole, he wings having faded. That was badass, I should tell her that when I have a pen.

He felt okay, he looked down at the scratched ruins on his shirt, the white fabric coated in bright red blood. He probed at the scratches, his skin wasn't even bruised. None of it's mine, alright. He shrugged off any concerns. I liked this shirt though.

He gave her a pat on the shoulder by way of asking her the same, his brow furrowing in concern. His hand hesitating for a moment as he argued with himself as to if it should stay there. Might be too personal... then again we've killed together, if that doesn't bond you together what does?

"I wonder what they thought of you, Nicole. You are truly the aspect of victory. Reminds me of this one time in Greece..."

Everyone likes the wings... she shrugged in response to Prometheus's compliment.

Able seemed a little scratched up but otherwise unharmed by his part of the fight, and he shrugged guess he's ok, thats good at least. He did give a concerned glance at his shirt, seems several of them would be in need of new clothes soon, Andrew having already donated a jacket to Prometheus.

He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder, and gave her a concerned look I guess its pretty obvious huh. Almost wish I had a mirror so I could see it myself. "I should be fine, I'm just... not used to all this, never been in a fight before." She didn't really mind the hand on her shoulder, felt a bit comforting if anything.

At least my reaction is normal apparently, heh I'd be a terrible Greek hero. Might have to get used to this to hunt Dio, not sure if I want to though. Still the satyrs had attacked them relentlessly, fighting until they were all dead, she wondered how normal humans would have fared against them, and if those were the servants Dionysus had then he could be quite a threat.

"I'm just gonna go throw my self under the van now..."

'Well, at least we're red together. Yay, big happy red family! Wait, fami- SHUT UP.'

"No need, no need." Dan tried to suppress laughter, and simply bit his finger before continuing, wiping the blood off on his pants.

"Well hasn't this turned into a minefield. I like you, and apparently you like me, right?" Dan made an aatempt to start over, hopefully less slip ups now.

"Well hasn't this turned into a minefield. I like you, and apparently you like me, right?"

Aria just nodded, not trusting her self to not say something stupid. "Sorry about all that" she finally said. "Just been alone a long time, kinda starved for positive attention, ya know." then shook her head and laughed at her own incompetence'Great ... now I sound desperate ... Go Team "Would ya look at me, best match maker in five states, tripping over every other line"

"Sorry about all that, just been alone a long time, kinda starved for positive attention, ya know?"

'Yes, surprisingly. Though my retreat from society was my own doing...' Dan nodded sympathetically, smiling lightly.

"Would ya look at me, best match maker in five states, tripping over every other line..."

"Maybe it's like hair cutting?" 'Starting out stupid, watch as the amazing Dan slips further and further down!' "You can only do it to others, and not yourself?" 'Trick complete, round of applause while he tries to not slink into the shadows and die.'

"Er, that could've come out better. Sorry." Dan rubbed the back of his head again, burying his face in his palm. He got the feeling this would cause even Odin to cringe if he were to walk in on this...

Aria smiled and yawned at Dan's dumb joke, and once again found her self leaning against him "Maybe we should just not talk" she said, the yawned again "Would it be ok if I used you as a pillow? Not really used to using my powers that much" she said he eyes opening and closing a bit slower, before just closing, not really alseep, but not really awake ether.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked