Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 21 NEXT

Urd shrugged "Who knows, but seems it's passed now" she said to Dante as she just sat there.

The last of them started to come around and those that we're up now where discovered to be dead. She could only shake her head in disgust, they'd have lost less people if they'd simply dug in and fought over relying on another genocidal weapon. With nothing else to do for the moment she remained seated, waiting to do something that didn't smack of cowardice.

Lith

"We're all still accounted for?"

"Ya, can't get rid of me that easily, love." Lith called from where she was sitting. She was slumped in her seat, and partially sunk into her armour, her feet propped up on a pair of charred bodies. "So, obvious question I know..." She said after a moment. "But how we planning on getting off this mud ball?"

Egerion

He'd spent the past little while since he'd re-awoken thinking back on what he'd seen. How long has it been since I last saw my hands? He thought, as he stared down at the massive metal constructs that now served as his limbs.

"Egerion, I would like to speak with you if you wouldn't mind."

"Hmm? Well since I do not appear to need to stop Sister Helena and Inquisitor Draco from killing one another at the moment, I believe I can spare a moment or two. What is on your mind little one?" The young Enginseer seemed different, more sure of herself, and yet still almost childlike. Perhaps she managed to speak with Lady Kura while we were out.

"Well, first of all, i won't have my handiwork being broken." she said and got a life, setting it up underneath the dreadnoughts arm, then disconnecting it. Setting about disassembling it, she had the arm back down to the core with the chainsword. She then began rebuilding it with purpose, a fully live fingered hand beginning to take shape.
"Secondly... well... i haven't exactly gained the same consciousness, but... i've missed you over these years. Well... a part of me has..." she explained, working on the hand. "I... remember mars... not everything, but bits and pieces. i don't know why i remember things from a past life, but.... i just do."

Day Five - Update of the Driseadian Warzone
A black mist had engulfed the planet when archangel fired, coating everything it touched in a black ash like substance.

Local men and women ran through the streets in their gear through the night trying to outrun the walking corpses that were waking through the hours.

Orks choked and died as the gases neutralized their fungal physiology, their equipment lying to rust and their spore offspring dying from the chemicals slowly disintegrating them.

The Tyranids through the night briefly managed to fight the gases before succumbing to them. They choked on it and their organs began to liquefy as the full range of chemicals interacted with their anatomy. Their breeding pools on the other hand sat underground waiting, carefully sampling the chemicals, preparing themselves to unleash upon the world.

The sororitas and imperial guard facilities on world that had managed to shut themselves in were reeling from the psychic shockwave unleashed upon the planet.

The mechanicus facilities and personnel that had failed to evacuate had shut themselves in, in advance and followed protocol. Spared from most of the horrors outside.

The fleet in orbit remained silent for the night.

As dawn broke it would be noticed that the sky would be filled entirely with rapidly shifting red clouds with the black soot like substance being pulled in by winds. On the ground, storms of the soot were covering the lands, still toxic.

The Party
The Air purifiers began reactivating throughout the night, making the facility safe again, though the base itself hadn't been breached. The emergency lights that had casted a red glow on the hallways shutoff as the standard lights reactivated. Doors and bulkheads began lifting but the door to the keep remained welded and so did the entrance to the facility itself. The med-bay door though undamafed would refuse to open, odd gurgling noises could be heard from inside though.

Communications to the outside would reactivate in time and mostly be distress signals once active.

The surviving locals currently remained silent, if their lifesigns were to be checked it could be noted that their bionics were offline, their vitals spiking constantly in odd ways, and their brain activity constantly shifting between dead and completely active.

Egerion

While the survivors rested, Egerion waited and listened hoping to make contact with the Fleet, or more specifically with the Justice and Glory. While the others rested, or went about their assigned tasks, he swept through vox channels, trying to make contact; unfortunately he only found cries for help from the planet, never any calls from above, until eventually...

"*bzzt*...is the Fury Fall...*bzzt*...Micus. Respond on ch*bzzt*ero six alpha, repeat, this is th*bzzt*...all, calling Captian Eg*bzzt*...Respond*bzzt*zero six alpha, repeat..."

THAT got Egerion's undivided attention. The Fury Fall was one of the Thunderhawks aboard the Justice and Glory. If he could contact it, they would have away off this dying world; unfortunately between static interference, and the sheer volume of vox chatter, the base transmitter couldn't raise the gunship.

Unable to do anything at the moment, he broadcast a Priority One alert to Sister Helena, Inquisitor Draco, Field Tribune Arcor, and Enginseer Sana. "All personnel to Captain Micus at once, all personnel to Captain Micus."

It didn't take long as sana was sleeping in the corner of the room and was awoken by his voice. Coming out of her area, she slowly walked up to egerion with a yawn, her body waking itself up with a soft clicking from her mechandrites awakening in her back. Cracking her neck, she stopped infront of the iron giant.
"Yes Ege?" she asked him, looking upwards.

Solara and lith were talking in the mess, the sisters watching over them. "Well, guess we should get going." she said to Lith, knowing that despite her not being requested, she'd want to know anyways, better to have it first hand. That's when Momaru walked back into the mess and approached Helena.

The Terminator was still carry Mara who was currently not in the med bay, obviously. "Sister Helena, i'm going to need a detachment of sisters from your group. As of now, the med bay has been compromised by some unknown entity." Ru said, setting mara down on the table. "You have more pressing issues with Captain Micus, i'll lead the sisters in the clearing of the Medical bay. I shall also require a flamethrower as not to damage the medical equipment like my bolter would." he explained to her.

Helena stood against a wall, her arms folded. For a change her mind was not entirely on her duty to watching over the Witch. No her thoughts were primarily on Mara. She lived, and had that been the only thing Helena would have been overjoyed. But something troubled her. Helena wanted to be there when Mara awoke. My duty comes first, no matter my personal feelings. May the Father guide my actions. Her thoughts were interrupted by the Priority one message that come over her comlink. She lifted her Bolter from it's resting place on the wall. She noticed the Witch stir as well. Likely she had been called as well. Before she made it out of the mess hall, Lord Momaru approached her.

"Sister Helena, I'm going to need a detachment of sisters from your group. As of now, the med bay has been compromised by some unknown entity. You have more pressing issues with Captain Micus, i'll lead the sisters in the clearing of the Medical bay. I shall also require a flamethrower as not to damage the medical equipment like my bolter would."

Helena nodded, she had hopped to assist in the med-bay, but once again her duty kept her away. "Very well m'lord. Trakand. Give Lord Momaru your Heavy Flamer, you'll take my Hand Flamer as a replacement." he said handing the Sister her Hand Flamer. "I can spare fifteen of my nineteen Sisters m'lord." She waved a hand behind her at the mess hall. Most of her Sister were gathering behind her. She picked three of the closest Sisters as well as a Chiurgeon. "Your four are to come with me, everyone else go with Lord Momaru and assist him with the med bay." They all nodded. "Now I must be off m'lord. If you'll excuse me." She said walking past Momaru and to join Lord Egerion.

Moments later she had joined Engiseer Sana with Lord Egerion. "Yes M'lord?"

Whilst others were in the Mess Hall eating and chatting amongst one another, or down by the Medical Bay getting prepared for whatever lay beyond the door; Dante meanwhile, after getting some proper rest and something to eat, was in a room where the passed out locals from the other day had been moved to. Given he was the only prescribed telepath in the base, he was had been given the questionably useful task of keeping an eye on the brain activity of those that were still unconsciousness.

To say that it was an exciting job would be a severe understatement, a medical servitor was there when Dante arrived, a communication saying that it was here to maintain the vital body functions of the people so that they wouldn't need much work done to them whenever they decided to wake up, if they ever did wake. Looks like he'd be here for a while it seems given how the brain activity of those still out was rising and falling, albeit at consistent intervals of every few minutes.

Lith

"Well, guess we should get going."

"Right." Lith replied, falling in beside Solara as they left the mess. As they passed, Lith overheard Sgt. Momaru talking to the Sisters; reaching over, she placed a hand on Solara's shoulder. "You find us a way off this shit hole...I'm going to lend a hand." With that she stepped away from Solara, reaching the Sisters and the Marine, as Sister Helena left.

Part of her wished she'd grabbed her plasma gun or lasgun from where she'd left them last night, even though she knew that they wouldn't be that good for this kind of clearing operation. "Ma'am," she said nodding to the Chiurgeon, before turning towards Sgt Momaru. "M'lord." She could see and feel the Sisters contempt, but she chose to ignore it. Falling in beside the other three Sisters, she waited for orders.

Egerion

He had hoped that the Field Tribune would be spared the same fate as his troops, but since he had not responded, even via vox, Egerion had to assume the worst. So be it. Seeing that Sana, Sister Helena, and Inquisitor Draco were before him, he began.

"I will get straight to the point. I just received a badly garbled, but still identifiable signal from a Thunderhawk assigned to the ship that brought me to this world. Enginseer Sana, I need you to boost this bases transmitters as much as you can so I can contact the craft. If I can reach it, I can relay an extraction order through it to the ship in orbit, and we can withdraw."

"Sister Helena, Inquisitor Draco. Since your people both seem to be unaffected by whatever has subdued the local forces, I will need you both to see to evacuating any and all personnel that can be saved. That said if there is any sign of xenos infestation, or chaos corruption, they are to be left behind. Inquisitor, in regards to your Eldar 'pet' I am willing to make an exemption, so long as it behaves itself; but if it causes any problem, you go out the airlock along with it, am I clear?"

The Med Bay
As the med bay was opened it would rapidly become apparent what the noises were.
Standing at the far end of the room, were the two disemboweled and brain dead tech priests feasting upon the skitarii that had been healed earlier by Solara. Their organs exposed and falling from their chests. Blood coating the floor between the cots they previously sat upon and their current position. The occasional moan would come from the skitarri, though it was unclear whether or not he was alive.

The ghouls were so intent upon their meal that they hadn't noticed the door opening behind them.

Dante
The minds and bodies of the locals seemed to be stabilizing over time, irregularities slowly evening out and brain activity slowly becoming more consistent with less time shut down, though their minds were still for the majority clouded.

The occasional thought did spark through from their minds, mostly tinted with paranoia and horror.

Arcor eventually had a powerful breakthrough at one point, broadcasting an image and a series of words to Dante near him.
The contents of the image could be best described as a long angular hallway covered in unknown spiral-like runes with chitinous dog like creatures running through it.
The words were simply "They don't stop. Sanctuary found in Ninety One and above. Ninety and below are their home. Suicide is only escape."

"They don't stop. Sanctuary found in Ninety One and above. Ninety and below are their home. Suicide is only escape." A voice spoke out to Dante, which caused him to return from his meditation that would help regulate those that were still in an unconscious state. This was definitely an important breakthrough with regards to the condition of the locals, and would need to be reported as soon as possible. Dante stood up and turned to the Medical Servitor.

"Servitor. I need you to maintain the vitals of these people, especially that of the Field Tribune; as he has just given me some valuable information. Understood?" He asked, to which the Servitor responded with a series of whistles and beeps. Whether that was an acceptance of orders or not, Dante wasn't sure at the moment. The pskyer then made haste to leave the room to search for Solara or any of the others. It took him several minutes of frantic running up and down the grey and featureless corridors, but eventually Dante found Solara, along with several of the other authority figures having a discussion. He waited patiently for their to be a lull in the conversation before entering.

"My humblest apologies to you all for interrupting what is no doubt an important conversation, but I figured that you'd want an update regarding those which are currently unconscious. Just a few moments ago, I received a message as it were on the mental plane from the Field Tribune. It sounded important."

With every one being more or less busy, Urd took to the cumbersome task of pulling the upper half of her armor off, to get in and after the offending component causing a critical irregularity in how the suit handles all the heat build up. She already knew where the part was, the suit had told has as much, the issue was getting to it as all the primary cooling systems where on the back between the wings and that stuff was packed around the main plasma unit, so lots of hot and cold, which is why she wanted the tech priests help, but she found a pair of tongs to help her out here, hence her just doing it her self over waiting.

Lith

Lith was standing between, and behind, two Sisters with Flamers. "Fuck me..." She muttered, seeing the techpriests. Raising her laspistol between the pair, she opened fire into the ghouls; once they'd collapsed, she shot the skitarii several times, until he stopped making noise. "Warp damn them, that's no way to die."

Shaking her head, she looked to the Chiurgeon. "You may want to torch'em...just in case they change their minds about staying dead."

Egerion

"My humblest apologies to you all for interrupting what is no doubt an important conversation, but I figured that you'd want an update regarding those which are currently unconscious. Just a few moments ago, I received a message as it were on the mental plane from the Field Tribune. It sounded important."

Egerion turned his attention to the newly arrived psyker. "No apologies needed; any update on the status of our colleagues is important. What was this message?"

"No apologies needed; any update on the status of our colleagues is important. What was this message?" Inquired Egerion as he turned to face Dante.

"Well the message came in two parts. The first was more visual, almost dream-like. It consisted of a long, seemingly endless hallway covered in spiral shaped runes that I have not encountered before; and there were insectoid dog like creatures running through this hallway. These creatures looked like the Tyranid Termagants, though I can't be sure."

Dante then stopped to think for a moment on how best to articulate the message that he had been given.

"Afterwards came an actual message. The Field Tribune spoke, saying; "They don't stop. Sanctuary found in ninety one and above. Ninety and below are their home. Suicide is the only escape." Not actually sure how to interpret that last one, though at a guess, I imagine the numbers are co-ordinates maybe? I can only assume that he was referring to the Tyranids when saying 'their home'."

Egerion

The massive dreadnought stood silently as Dante gave his report. "They don't stop. Sanctuary found in ninety one and above. Ninety and below are their home. Suicide is the only escape." He repeated back after a moment. "Well that certainly seems ominous."

The great war machine rumbled with his version of a sigh. "Well there is nothing we can do at the moment. Thank you for the message Dante, and please keep watch over the Field Tribune and his men...perhaps one of them may send you a less cryptic message."

"Well there is nothing we can do at the moment. Thank you for the message Dante, and please keep watch over the Field Tribune and his men...perhaps one of them may send you a less cryptic message."

"Tis my pleasure and duty." Spoke Dante with an impish looking grin and a respectful bow afterwards. "I'll keep you informed of any relevant developments in situation m'lord, as you say, perhaps one of the others will provide me with something a little less nonsensical and more coherent in nature. Good day." He then added before disappearing from the room.

Helena nodded to to Egerion before she turned to her sister's. "You all heard Lord Egerion. You two," She said pointing to the Chiurgeon and one of the other sister's. "You'll come with me to speak to the officer's first. You two will go to the civilians and start getting them ready. Should any show signs of possession terminate them on sight." Her sister's nodded and two of them left for the civilian wing of the base. Helena gave a bow to Egerion before turning to leave herself. Before she reached the door Dante came through with a message from the Field Tribune.

It was troubling to say the least. Perhaps it was the right thing to glass the planet. A shame the Witch and her whore weren't out there too. No matter, the Emperor didn't guide me to have an easy life, he guide me to fight and that is what I shall do. She thought before leaving. Hopefully her commanders aboard the fleet would find taint on the witch. And appoint Helena as her executioner.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Chiurgeon that Lith spoke to grimaced has the medbay door opened. It seemed the demon's had reached them after all. A shame. "You may want to torch'em...just in case they change their minds about staying dead." The Chiurgeon scowled. this woman enjoyed stating the obvious almost as much as she enjoyed taunting them. Without bothering to respond the Chiurgeon nodded to the sister's with the flamer's. They fired first igniting the ghouls with the Emperor's Holy Flame. Those who held regular Bolter's followed suit, taring hole's in the burning creature's.

They held their fire when the bodies dropped, watching and waitng, making sure no other ghouls waited within.

After a bit of finagling and cursing, and wisely removing the Plasma core, Urd got to the offending components and removed them. The good news, it was on of the Imperial parts the suit had and not one of the Eldar parts, and they did have an abundance of Imperial parts in the room. The bad news was she looked have a rather large amount of searching ahead of her to find the part she needed. Urd just sighed and set her self to digging through the stuff to find what she needed.

The Med Bay
The med bay was clear, no evidence of more ghouls presenting as the burning and perforated corpses sat on the ground and table.

Dante
The minds of the locals went quiet, their thoughts now amounting to the equivalent of background static.
A duo of sororitas soon entered the room and begin testing the three remaining locals.

Medicae Tests
No outward signs of possession showing.
Diagnostics of Bionics reveal that the vitals are running at basic levels required to sustain life and the non-vitals are shutdown.
Vitals are showing anomalies, but relatively stable.
Brain Activity is showing anomalies, but is relatively stable
Holy water test had no reaction.
Puncture test had normal reaction for skitarius.
Artificial psycrystal reaction was a pale purple with golden flecks, immaterium exposure, unrecognized signature.

Anyone with a vox
A burst of a blaring tone came over the vox and the rest of the signals cut out before a woman began speaking.

"Recurve Pattern Defense Systems are being deployed around space ports worldwide, rapid evacuation is recommended through these points. Anyone who has been exposed to the gas or particles is to be immediately quarantined if possible, if not they are to be left behind. Psy and Chem Corps are being moved in for mop up and are treating anyone on the ground as hostile. Local mechanicus is suspect of treason, assume the armed are hostile."

The same blaring noise played again, and the vox chatter continued.

Momaru walked into the med bay and inspected the corpses, well, charred piles of flesh in room. He looked over the sisters and Lith, nodding in appreciation. "What you did was mercy. May their souls rest at peace now." he statred and personally went around to each corpse, making sure they were dead.
After he was done, he looked around once more. "Ladies, ready your flames, i want all of this room serialized by fire so whatever pathogen turned these skitarii is good and gone." Sgt. Momaru Ordered and soon heard the message over the radio. "Keep your flames at the ready afterwards, we may need to sterilize the rest of the locals as well." he said before turning and standing wait at the door.

Sana nodded and it wasn't long before she was able to get some rudimentry connection established. Not perfectly clear, but enough so that they could communicate stability. She called out over the vox to egerion. "Ege, i have the comms unit working now. it's not perfect, but it'll do." she said to him over the vox.

Solara had met with the Eldar, Titania, and Titania filled her in on the status of everyone's conditions. "Great..." she said, biting her lower lip. "Follow me back to the Ancient one." she said and made her way back to Egerion, hearing the broadcast along the way. "Titania filled me in with what she could feel from everyone. It's not a taint of chaos, but it doesn't bode well. As much as i hate to say it... we're going to have to leave the locals here to their fate or end them swiftly now." she said, her gut in a knot over the words she just spoke of. "Being able to transport more than what our current group is, isn't possible in any sort of efficient manner..."

Egerion

"Titania filled me in with what she could feel from everyone. It's not a taint of Chaos, but it doesn't bode well. As much as I hate to say it... we're going to have to leave the locals here to their fate or end them swiftly now."

Watching Sister Helena organize her people, Egeion sighed to himself. "Unfortunately, I must agree." He said. This was the kind of situation he hated, yes he'd ordered men into combat where they were sure to die; he'd given orders that had meant the deaths of hundreds of his Brothers, and possibly thousands of regular soldiers...but this was different, it was one thing to order a man into a fight were he may defend himself, but it was another to condemn hundreds simply due to chance. The reasoning was sound, but he still hated it.

Listening to the warning broadcast, he began formulating plans to extract to the closest space port. If Enginseer Sana could not get him in contact with the Thunderhawk, then they'd have to make a dash for it, but even with the Landraider and the Rhino their odd were marginal at best.

"Ege, I have the comms unit working now. It's not perfect, but it'll do."

"Thank you Enginseer Sana." He replied, before switching channels.

"This is Ancient Egerion Micus, Brother-Captain and Dreadnought to His Imperial Space Marines Deathwatch Chapter to Thunderhawk Fury Fall, do you copy?"

"Praise the Emperor! Fury Fall here sir, we copy. Verification: Six, Niner, Alpha, Omega, Zero, Black"

"Authentication: Delta, Seven, Red, Mike, Delta, Mike."

"Confirmed. We have a fix on your signal sir, and are enroute. ETA ten mike."

"Copy Fury Fall. Be advised I have made contact with a full Soroitas squad, an Inquisitorial retinue, and a Mechanicus Enginseer and her bodyguard; I will be extracting them along with myself. We will require a second Thunderhawk."

"Understood sir."

There was a brief moment of silence before Fury Fall came back on the air.

"The Thunderous is launching now, and will do a least time insertion, ETA ten mike. Fury Fall out."

Closing the vox channel, he once again tapped into the base's PA. "ALL HANDS! ALL HANDS!" He boomed. "EXTRACTION INBOUND IN TEN MINUTES, EXTRACTION IN TEN MINTUES!" That done, he addressed the Inquisitor. "Since Sister Helena is tending to her people, I would ask you to make sure that the Field Tribune is brought with us. We may have to sacrifice his men, but he may still be of use."

Vym had shut him off from the rest of the group. The voices rages once again in his head that were driving him crazy. It seem even when talking with his inner self it didn't stop him from hearing the raging inferno of the voices. They would come and go on and off, as if a hurricane was in his head. Though when the voices were gone he felt like he was missing something. Like a part of himself was rip off and feed to the creatures outside of this base.

Oh how he love and hated when the voices were here and then gone. Vym would start to slam his head against the wall over and over again trying to regain control of his body. He hadn't kill in days! HE NEEDED THE BLOOD! TO RIP THE ENEMIES OF THE EMPEROR LIMB FROM LIMB AND SOAK IN THE BLOOD OF THE FALLEN!

Thats when he heard the blaring voice out of nowhere. "ALL HANDS! ALL HANDS! EXTRACTION INBOUND IN TEN MINUTES, EXTRACTION IN TEN MINTUES!"

"Emperor? Is that you?!" Vym would ask out to noone. "Of course it is..PRAISE THE EMPORER!" Vym would shut as he headed towards the extraction site. Twitching all over as he rake the his claws against the walls, causing a horrid sound from the metal scraping against the metal.

Dante stood with his back to the wall, as two members of the Medicae from the Orders Hospitaller entered the room, apparently not having noticed the presence of the psyker. He watched as they began a series of tests on the locals, probably seeing if they were worth saving.

His experience with physical medicine was minimal at best, though that's not to say he hadn't be subjected to a laborious check up process, made even longer for him given his nature as a psyker, which required mandatory tests to see if he had become corrupted or not. After a few minutes of quiet observation, he tentatively approached the Medicae, coughing slightly to make them aware of his presence.

"How do these souls fare? Can they be saved in anyway?" Dante asked, but before they could respond, an announcement came in through the Vox speakers.

"ALL HANDS! ALL HANDS! EXTRACTION INBOUND IN TEN MINUTES, EXTRACTION IN TEN MINUTES!"

"Well, that makes things more complicated." Dante thought to himself.

Urd was trying to finesse the replacement part into place when the ten minutes to evac warning came over the coms, fortunately, it slid right into place a minute after the com message and quickly set about getting the plasma core back in and cover back on, which didn't take very long. As she made her way to the extraction point she was trying to work the suit back into its normal resting position, an awkward and light yelp escaping her as the plugs lined back up and slid back into place. She grumbled about the shock to her system every time so took the suit off or put it on as she had the suit running checks to make sure all systems were green.

Helena looked over the readings from the tests. She and her Sister's had inspected all they could. Most showed signs of.....something. Otherwise they were stable. but that something worried Helena. If it wasn't the taint of demons or the warp, then what was it? She looked over the few surviving locals. They were all unconscious. Some had made it to cots, before losing consciousness, those who didn't they moved. We cannot risk bringing them all. But they will know better comfort when they wake. They will be with the Emperor soon.

Helena heard a cough behind her and turned. "How do these souls fare? Can they be saved in anyway?" The man asked. He had looked familiar. Now where have I....ah yes, one of the Witch's followers. Helena thought before she opened her mouth to answer his question. She was interrupted by the Vox blaring to life.

"ALL HANDS! ALL HANDS! EXTRACTION INBOUND IN TEN MINUTES, EXTRACTION IN TEN MINUTES!" Helena sighed. No, not without great risk. She thought answering the man's question. "I'm afraid we simply don't know how they fare. There are anomalies within them that don't match any known reading. We can maybe bring one or two for study but the rest will have to stay." She spoke looking over the people in the room. "But we have no choice in this matter. Sister's! To the extraction point now" She turned back to the man. "I suggest you get there as well. We know what may be wrong with you, that can be stopped." She took one last look at the people before leaving. They were all going to die here before to long. A sacrifice Helena had to make. She led her sister's from the room and locked thee bulkhead behind them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Sister's with Mamoru did has he ordered. the formed a small circle around the Astartes and began burning the room around them. Soon the flimsy cots in the room were nothing but ash, and the tables and medical equipment were hot to the touch, but now sterilized and relatively safe.

Then the Vox blared to life. "ALL HANDS! ALL HANDS! EXTRACTION INBOUND IN TEN MINUTES, EXTRACTION IN TEN MINUTES!" The Chiurgeon looked to Momaru. "My lord, I do believe it would be safer aboard the fleet to look after Sister Mara. Less chance of her contracting whatever affected these one's." She said gesturing to the charred corpses.

Solara had been monitoring the area around them for psychic influence and felt the draw of energy from few of them, her own psychic powers feeling off as well. "Understood, i'd also like to take along three of the mechanicus members, three of them are drawing in psychic energy with neutral readings. It's not holy or chaotic, they're just absorbing background energy... My psychic abilities also feel off, but not like theirs do. Whatever that blast was, targeted the psykers in the area, even those with low capabilities." she said, walking off and keeping in touch with him, making her way toward's arcor's signal, feeling him as one of the one's absorbing energy.

She then came across Helena standing with her sisters and sealing Arcor along with the two locals in the room. "Retributor Helena, You must open these doors as Field Tribune Arcor is in that room and the Ancient ordered myself to come retrieve him. I plan on taking the two other survivors with us for study up in the fleet for investigation into heretical activities. This is the direct result of whoever controlled and built the superweapon in orbit that has just fired upon us. Ontop of that, they're absorbing neutral warp energy, non-chaotic, but we might be able to discover for what reasons and faster if we take them up to fleet where there are proper facilities to study this." The girl explained rather well and thought out to Helena.

Momaru nodded. "If this was biological, you would be right. but seeing as we're all offworld and it has only affected those who have lived on the planet, there is no risk to her other than waking up and pulling something in a leg or an arm from spasming." The Sergent explained to the sisters and led them out of the room. "But it is a good idea to get her up to fleet so their medical devices can examine her to see if the brief case of dead has affected her in any negative ways other than her psyke." he explained in a calm and rather relaxed voice as he made it back to mara and carried her in his arms to Egerion, where he had found Sana had already returned.

"I'm afraid we simply don't know how they fare. There are anomalies within them that don't match any known reading. We can maybe bring one or two for study but the rest will have to stay." Spoke Retributor Helena as she looked over the three unconscious people in the room. "But we have no choice in this matter. Sisters! To the extraction point now!" She then turned to face Dante more directly.

"I suggest you get there as well. We know what may be wrong with you, that can be stopped." That last remarked made Dante a little perturbed, a bit angry, but he knew not to do something that would only cause more trouble, so he quickly turned round and headed for the door.

"Yeah, I hear a quick bullet to the head is the preferred method for Retributors." Dante quietly mumbled to himself as he left the room. As he walked down the corridor to the evacuation point, Dante saw Solara walking past and gave her quick nod of acknowledgement before carrying on. He thought hear could Solara initiating conversation with someone, but right now, that wasn't his concern, right now he wanted to put as much distance between him and the Sororitas as he physically could given the circumstance they found themselves in.

Helena turned from the locked door, ignoring the man as he mutter and left. Before she could get farther than a few steps the Witch stopped her.

Retributor Helena, You must open these doors as Field Tribune Arcor is in that room and the Ancient ordered myself to come retrieve him. I plan on taking the two other survivors with us for study up in the fleet for investigation into heretical activities. This is the direct result of whoever controlled and built the superweapon in orbit that has just fired upon us. Ontop of that, they're absorbing neutral warp energy, non-chaotic, but we might be able to discover for what reasons and faster if we take them up to fleet where there are proper facilities to study this.

Helena stared at the Witch, both her sister's glared. She felt the anger rising again. Mentally she had already stolen that damned spear the witch carried and impaled her flaming head upon it. Outwardly she just sighed and let her anger go for once. This is growing tiresome. Hopefully the Witch Hunters aboard the fleet will find sense and end her."Very well, I would object but we have more pressing matters to attend to." She said unsealing the bulkhead. "Sister's assist her, grab the other two." She turned once more to Solara "Quickly if you please, I am sick of this Emperor forsaken planet."

"Thank you, i appreciate your help." she said, taking up one of the surivors and helping carry him. "You know, my mother was almost Cannoness of Order of Our Martyred Lady when she joined the inquisition because of her unique psyker hunting skills. I'm sure she would smile upon you and your devotion to your order and the emperor. Truth be told, i can't blame or hate you, you're just doing your job." she said with a smile to the Retributor. It was odd as the Inquisitor sort of found herself calm and with no hatred or any feelings for the sister other than understanding.

"I really want to like you and maybe become acquaintances or friends even, but if you choose to hate me over something i cannot control, i can't stop you from doing so. I just hope you don't lump the rest of my routine in with me." she said with a smile as they began to move the three survivors to the hangar.

Helena thought on what the Witch had said for a moment. It was hard to believe she had come from a woman who was almost a Cannoness. "I find that hard to believe." She spoke after a moment. "You saying it certainly cannot make me believe it anyway. Tell me the name of your mother. If she had almost made Cannoness than her name will have been recorded somewhere. I might have even learned of her somewhere." She truly didn't care if this woman wanted to like her or not. She was not put into the Holy Father's service to be liked by anyone other than Him and her Sisters. But if she wanted to apply whatever terms to coming along peacefully, that was her business.

Lith

Not having anything to do at the moment, Lith stood back as Sister Helena and Solara 'spoke'. She was amazed Solara's control in the face of the contempt oozing from the Sister...she'd've punched that cunt in the face long ago, if she'd been in the same position. And that is why 'Lara is an Inquisitor, and you are Guard...

"I find that hard to believe. You saying it certainly cannot make me believe it anyway. Tell me the name of your mother. If she had almost made Cannoness than her name will have been recorded somewhere. I might have even learned of her somewhere."

It wasn't so much what Helena said, but the way she said it that finally tweaked a nerve in Lith. "Oh, blow it out your ass you CUNT!" She spat. A couple of the more junior Sisters gasped, and they all turned to look at her. "Her name was Lunette Aletheia Draco, and she was a better soldier, a better Sister, and an all around better person than all of you cocksucking menstrual squeezings put together!"

Lith's violet eyes blazed with anger, and her scarred face twisted in a sneer. "Your masters didn't even have the fucking balls to give her a good death...no, when they wanted her gone, they sent her off to go die in the fucking Warp! No, she wasn't perfect, she made some bad calls, and by the Emperor we had a few good fights, but she was my friend...and if I EVER hear you disrespecting her again, I'm going to jam my foot so far up your ass I'll wear your asshole like an ankle bracelet!"

Solara's mouth dropped open. She listened to Lith spill out what must have been the built up hatred in herself and was disgusted with it.
Letting the sister take the full weight of arcor, she move forward, grabbing lith and shoving her against the wall, hard enough to dent it. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" solara shouted in her face, pressing harder against her.

"They are our allies, like it or not, disrespecting or not!" she continued on, pointing at the sisters before slamming lith against the wall again. "I don't care what you think about them. right now, i don't care what you think about me, but i'm not having your getting yourself, me or anyone else in our routine killed because you're on the fucking rag!" she shouted, clearly pissed. "Right now, i don't have time to deal with your utterly stupid bullshit issues, now get your ass to Captain egerion before i hog tie you and leave you that way for a few days!" Solara continuing to shout, but keeping her psychic powers under control.

She pulled lith off the wall and spun her in the direction of the bay. "I don't need any white knights to come and save my mother's reputation, i am capable of doing it on my own. But i'm not having you ruin any chances we have of getting off this planet." she said and gave a firm kick to lith's back that sent her stumbling in the direction of the hangar. "NOW GET YOUR ASS MOVING!"

Helena had handed her Heavy Bolter to one of her sister's as the other two pulled out their Bolters. The petty insults in the mess hall they could handle, the constant teasing. But now the witch's whore had insulted their very honor as Sister's of Battle. Helena started to advance on the woman before Solara stepped in. Helenas eyes went wide. One of her sister's actually gasped.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? They are our allies, like it or not, disrespecting or not! I don't care what you think about them. right now, I don't care what you think about me, but i'm not having your getting yourself, me or anyone else in our routine killed because you're on the fucking rag! Right now, I don't have time to deal with your utterly stupid bullshit issues, now get your ass to Captain Egerion before I hog tie you and leave you that way for a few days! I don't need any white knights to come and save my mother's reputation, I am capable of doing it on my own. But i'm not having you ruin any chances we have of getting off this planet. NOW GET YOUR ASS MOVING!"

Helena had to smirk a little at watching the foulmouthed woman get told off and physically get kicked towards the hanger. She eyed the Witch once more. Perhaps there's hope yet? She thought as she let her smirk fall. "......For what it's worth I have heard of your mother. Though the records differ a little from your tale, they state that sometime after being raised to Inquisitor she simply disappeared on a mission hunting down cultists." She said taking her Heavy Bolter back. "But up until then she was a decorated sister. That much is the same. As to whether I believe your story or the records....well there have been instances where our historians have been deceived before." She shrugged. "Come now...Inquisitor." She said said, holding back the contempt from her tone. "We need to get back to the fleet."

Lith

Solara's words washed over Lith as she glared at Helena. Staggering a bit from Solara's kick, she headed towards the hanger, still fuming. Her nerves were crackling with energy that she needed to vent, but with both that cunt of a Sister and the knife eared bitch not within easy grasping distance, she decided to vent on what appeared to be a ten man barracks room.

Between her own adrenalin fuelled anger and her power armour, she tore one of the bunks from its mountings and hurled it across the room. She then proceeded to take out her frustration on any object in the room that she could tear free; by the time she was done, the only things not mangled beyond recognition were the plasteel walls and door.

Stalking back into the hanger, she retrieved her plasma gun and lasgun from where she'd left them, and set about checking them.

The Party
As the hangar doors opened, clouds of black dust began to blow inside, coating the room and anyone inside it like ash. The sky was visibly red to anyone who took the time to look.
After a moment two black thunderhawks quickly landed inside the space. Their doors opened and two black power armoured space marines came out of the one on the left. They began attaching cables to the Dreadnought and magnetically locked him down inside the thunderhawk. The rest of the group were yelled at to get inside.

Once they were inside, the doors closed and locked. A green mist like gas began filling the transportation chambers and the thunderhawks took off.

As they began to pass through orbit, the locals began to scream as golden flames began to envelop them. As they reached the mesosphere the flames dissapeared and a magnetic disruption began to affect the gear of all present. As they broke orbit the disruption ended.

After a few minutes of transportation in the thunderhawks. A metallic thump was heard and the gas inside the transportation chamber began to disperse. Yelling was heard from outside the crafts and the doors began to open.

Light flooded through the entrance to the craft and it was soon realized what was outside. A sterile white shipboard hangar with five squads of deathwatch space marines and a platoon of sisters of battle standing outside with weapons drawn and aimed at those inside the crafts.

A deathwatch sergeant which Egerion did not recognise was screaming at those inside the crafts to disarm and surrender themselves for decontamination and testing.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked