The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 18 NEXT

Gerald

"It would be better to be calm, Mr... ehm, villain. I'm sure you'll get to talk before they try to arrest you, and it would do you no good to harm anyone else. As long as you behave, I won't try to fight you, so please stop using your powers."

Gerald almost felt a twinge of...what's it called? Remorse? Sadness? He didn't know. There was something he almost liked about Sirius. Maybe it was the voice. Maybe it was the hair. Maybe it was the peculiar ability he could feel in him. Didn't really matter. All Gerald knew was that Sirius was in the way of Psyclone's show.

"What can I tell ya man?" Psyclone put his arms up and shrugged. "Loveless ain't gettin' the point. I mean shit, this is MY kinda protest. Seriously, I figured a guy like Loveless would get this kinda thing. But fuck it, all this clever hid'n I tried to pull was bullshit anyway. Might as well stick to what I know!"

Psyclone flicked his fingers and the pens spinning on the table went flying into Loveless's thigh. He quickly sent a set of rolling chairs spinning towards Sirius, as he lunged forward, punching Loveless in the gut and grabbing him as he hunched over in pain. He thrust his open palm at the roof. Wind began to rush into the sound booth, intensifying.

"I was really hoping you'd get this Doc," He said, pulling back his arm and thrusting again. The roof air just stopped flowing. Psyclone looked at his palm and thrust again. He was just down to a thin breeze. He glared at Sirius.

"Oh, you are one weird dude. And somehow you got rid of my sword. What is it huh? Telekinesis? You pushin' back on me or some shit! Knew this one little bastard, I swear...."

Psyclone pulled off a glove and put his hand in front of Loveless's face.

"You know, I can't make people spin unless I touch em? Don't fuckin' know why don't care, don't care, but I'm gettin' really pissed! Stop the air I don't give a shit! But I don't think you can stop this, so you better watch it man!"

Psyclone was panicking.

He felt trapped.

He felt like he was in a box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terry

The Crick listened in on the conversation. Loveless was handling himself pretty well, as was this new hero seemingly cancelling his abilities.

"He's limited in his options right now and he's scared. Any ideas anyone?"

Frederick Rolls

Frederick thought he had been correct in evacuating people, helping the efforts. Sure, he hadn't called the police like he had said it would, but someone had, and that was all that really mattered. Besides, he had to do things using his powers, though, he wasn't sure just what to do. The biggest issue had to be the fact that for every person who was taken away, five new arrived in a car of some sort, having not heard the news.

Doesn't people ever listen to their car-radios?

He wondered, as he flew over the traffic. He wasn't exactly the most noticeable person as a ghost, even when he revealed himself he often looked more like smoke than an actual... person/ghost. Regardless, there had to be something he could do, perhaps even just waiving his hand every now and then, though his favourite approach by now had to enter the cars and turn on their car-radio without being seen or heard.

It was a slow way of doing it, sure. But it was something.

I wonder how many people have gotten a heart-attack by the sudden sound.

He thought to himself, slightly amused. Of course, the amusement was for the humor, not because he thought anyone had actually gotten one.

That would be horrible.

Although, slightly amusing still.

I'm a terrible human being, am I not?

As he entered one of the cars, a van, he noticed someone he had seen before.

Heey, wasn't that the Rias girl?

She had powers that were more bright and flashy, right? If she helped, he was sure the evacuation could go quicker. Appearing out of thin air, comedy mask on and his upper half sticking through the roof, making him look like a decapitated torso and head, the Specter spoke.

"Hey, you, rockstar girl, could you give me a hand? We need to turn the traffic around, the town center is currently a rather dangerous mess."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

"Besides, I've lost to many friends to that stupid 'one on one duel' bullshit, I might not know you, but I'm not going to leave only to hear later you got badly hurt or killed by this clown."

"Haha, clown? At least I have the sense to have more than one horn, you silly rhino!"

Wait, don't they have two horns?

Bah, it didn't matter. Nope! This was going to be an awesome battle, it would---

"He is my responsibility. I assure you I will not be harmed."

"Jeeez, I know your name is Sir, but do you need to be such a disgustingly courteous guy?! You know that any real knight died centuries ago, right?! No need to be so polite and orderly and such!" he exclaimed. "Besides, who gave you the right to be responsible for me?! The only responsibility between us is my responsibility for your future ass-kicking, MUAHAHAHA!"

He waited for an attack, and that he got, in the form of Tom--- no, Sir Awesome rolling towards him. With no worries, he dodged, only to be tackled to the ground by the guy.

"Hey, so you're more than a fat blob?! Too bad that I've promised the lady to keep her entertained as well!" he said, kicking Sir Awesome away, making it easier for him to move, before releasing some goo to slip away. He kept the spear, and charged towards her, hoping that the sudden movement from Sir Awesome to her would catch her by surprise!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sirius Hamilton

"What can I tell ya man? Loveless ain't gettin' the point. I mean shit, this is MY kinda protest. Seriously, I figured a guy like Loveless would get this kinda thing. But fuck it, all this clever hid'n I tried to pull was bullshit anyway. Might as well stick to what I know!"

Sirius was too late to hinder Loveless getting caught, and he very narrowly dodged the chairs sent towards him, at a cost. Blood seeped through the t-shirt and he winced, holding the wound as he made sure that the villain couldn't do anything else by cancelling the other's powers.

"Oh, you are one weird dude. And somehow you got rid of my sword. What is it huh? Telekinesis? You pushin' back on me or some shit! Knew this one little bastard, I swear...."

"No, I didn't---"

Sirius wasn't one to trail off suddenly, but the other seemed intent on harming Loveless.

"You know, I can't make people spin unless I touch em? Don't fuckin' know why don't care, don't care, but I'm gettin' really pissed! Stop the air I don't give a shit! But I don't think you can stop this, so you better watch it man!"

Sirius looked at him, calmly, being sure to keep close enough for his powers to cancel the other's. "It won't work, I'm not capable of telekinesis. Right now, I'm not feeling anything, so I'm cancelling your powers." He wasn't that familiar with emotions, but he had learned to tell what some of them was. Right now, the other was... being worked up. Angry, he said, but the expression seemed different.

I don't know, though. But I should try to keep him calm.

It was the best way to handle anyone, or so he had learned through interacting with others. Calm, or best of all, happy, though at times they got confusing as well. Simply calm was best for now, he thought.

"I'll stop it if you stop hurting Mr Loveless and let him go. I'll take his place, you can tell me what you need people to hear, and I'll tell them. I don't really have any bias, so I wouldn't lie. Just don't hurt him or anyone else. This is important to you, but please don't hurt people." He glanced at his hand, briefly, he didn't like the look of the blood.

"Don't hurt me more, though, else I can't help you."

Karen

As 'Sir Awesome' attacked the spike Dark Knight wanna be, Karen's attention shifted to the hostage situation, she even floated over a bit to to get a better look. It seemed to be getting worse from what she could tell.

"Haha, clown? At least I have the sense to have more than one horn, you silly rhino!"

Karen rolled her eyes "Rhino's have two horns moron." she retorted as she decided, with the hostage situation rather well covered, to focus on this twit with the spikes. Sir Awesome's ball attack worked about as well as she figured it would, and was easily kicked aside, and he then came at her after spouting some non sense about knights or something. Honestly this guy didn't seem all there, what villain was though.

His form was sloppy, his foot falls un-muffled, she'd had to been def and blind to not see him coming, and darted up out of the way at the last second to throw him off. As she darted up, which was more of a high hop to get over him, she twisted around quickly and with shield raise and sword held back her plan was simple, she use this potential opening to crash into his back with her shield and strike him with her sword, hopefully ending it right then and there.

Rias

There had been discussion about turning around, or rather it was agreed upon they should turn around but couldn't because of all the traffic. Then the ghost showed up, poking his head and upper body through the roof, causing every one in the van she yelp in surprise.

"Hey, you, rockstar girl, could you give me a hand? We need to turn the traffic around, the town center is currently a rather dangerous mess."

"What do you need my help for, can't one of your 'super friends' help?" Rias replied after she and every one else calmed down a bit. Ivaan was still holding his drum sticks up like a cross though, ghost freaked him right the hell out.

Tom

"Hey, so you're more than a fat blob?! Too bad that I've promised the lady to keep her entertained as well!"

"No you don't!" he yelled "This is between us Ti-er Mr. Malevolent!"

That was his villain name right? Or no was it Sir Magnanimous? No no that would be a good guy name... Oh wait! Lord Maleficent! Like that Disney villain! He was pretty sure that was right, it was difficult to concentrate on such things and a battle, especially when he was busy rotating himself inside his goo while also mobilizing the thing, the arms now began to operate like big spidery limbs, scuttling forward on all fours towards Tim to tackle him from behind.

To further aid in this task he sprouted a large hand from what was now the top of the ball, to try and grab Tim, at least I'm pretty sure it's Tim. We're going to have to talk after all this is over. Unlike his earlier limbs this one had four fat fingers meant to grab and hold the villain in place.

Frederick Rolls

"What do you need my help for, can't one of your 'super friends' help?"

"Well, we're not exactly friends," Frederick replied, and smirked underneath the mask when he discovered the guy actually forming a cross with his drumsticks. "And that won't help, I'm afraid, I'm a rather Christian ghost, crosses and holy water doesn't harm me, just makes me feel at ease."

Well, at least I used to be a Christian ghost, now I'm not too sure what to believe in. Agnostic ghost doesn't sound half as good, though.

He chuckled, though not for long, as there was more important things to talk about.

"Anyways, they're busy, and I need someone who can make big and colourful displays, no one pays attention to the guy who is half-way invisible. It'd be great if you could help, just make some signals for people to turn or something like that, get them to drive the other way. Whatever you want to, actually, as long as people stop driving to the town centre or the festival, because they're seriously undermining the effort to evacuate people."

The mask shifted to the frowning face, and he drifted a bit.

"People can get hurt, and I would like for that to not happen, which is why I'm asking you. So, will you help? Don't see it as a super-hero thing, see it as an effort to do yours in an emergency."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

"Rhino's have two horns moron."

Tim shrugged, as he was laughing. "Does that really matter?! All it makes you is some sort of silly unicorn woman!" He charged at her, but she evaded him, for some reason jumping over him. Behind them, Tom spoke.

"No you don't! This is between us Ti-er Mr. Malevolent!"

Tim froze in place, for a slight moment as he heard Tom speak, he had sort of suspected that the other might know, but to mention it in the middle of a fight...

H-hey, name dropping is off limits, you damn bastard!

It pissed him off!

"IT'S LORD MAGNIFICENT; YOU MORON!" he yelled, enraged, and was about to turn back, only to notice, in the corner of his eyes, that not only one, but two of the others were aiming for his back. He only had one moment, and he took it, stepping aside.

I hope the two bastards crash and take each other out!

Not checking if the two had actually collided, Tim ran forward, the mass around him changing for as he did so that if anyone tried to grab him all they would get was a handful of goo. Turning to face them again, he revealed the new form of his goo spear, it was now a solid whip that could be comfortably stretched and still feel about as hard as iron. The other hand was still changing, he intended for it to be something he could manipulate when he needed to. His new form was slicker and more built for speed and evasion.

"Both of you attacking me from behind, huh?! WHAT KIND OF HEROES ARE YOU?! HAHAHA!" he grinned, and decided to try out his new tool, aiming it at Tom, hoping to get one of those stupid legs of his taken care of.

Karen

As the Villain evaded, Karen soared right on by him, then up. As she turned to regain sight of the villain she noticed, if she'd been any slower she and the other hero would have collided. As much as it annoyed her, it seemed to pale compare to the hero getting the villains name wrong. "Wow ... you chide me for the single horn, and yet your going by a name so stupid only an 8-year old would think its 'cool'" Karen said, giggling a bit at how dumb his name really was, though it occurred to her that with a name like 'Sir Awesome' that comment kinda applied to both of them.

Then 'Lord Magnificent' chided them for attacking him from behind, and her giggle turned into a cruel, mocking laugh "Oh you poor deluded fool" Karen said as she landed on the back of a flat bed trailer that hadn't been hauled away yet. "I'm NOT a 'Hero'. I am a 'Guardian', or if need be, an 'Avenger'." She started as she began to walk the length of the trailer, her tone ice cold and a lot more threatening then most 'heroes' would consider using. "You see, I've seen time and again how following the 'Heroes code' is a road block of sorts to actually protecting the people then the vast majority of them would have you believe. They, foolishly, think that 'enforcing the law' is tantamount to dispensing 'Justice'" Karen saying 'dispensing justice' in a mocking manner. "Where is the 'Justice' in putting a villain in jail, Villains who has regularly endangered or taken the lives of innocents? Villains who cause untold devastation? Or Villains that attempt to summon an army of demons to bring about the end of days?"

Karen hopped off the end of the trailer and onto roof of a parked SVU. "There isn't. The 'law' is ill suited for dealing with people like us, same applies to the prison system, and little effort has been made to make the much needed adjustments, and there seems to be even less interest in doing so. Karen continued, as she traded her shield for a second energy sword, both of which lit up like they her on fire. As such, when I got my new powers, I decided I was not going to be a 'Hero' this time. I would protect the people my way, no archaic code of 'honor' that only offers an opening to exploit, just me, doing what needs to be done to keep the people safe, and if that means I have to kill some one or ignore a law or two. So be it." and as if to accent the point, her next words where 'Divine Assault, Stance Two; Golden Cross', said as she swung both swords in an 'X' pattern and over lapping two 'Golden Crescents' into one attack, an attack which was now speeding toward Lord Magnificent.

Rias

The fact the ghost said the others 'weren't exactly friends' struck the whole group in the car as odd, and a little sad. Rias however pondered what the ghost was asking for about five full seconds. He had a point, it wasn't really 'hero' work to warn people of danger ahead. Electing to not answer the ghost directly, Rias told Claire to pull the van over to the side soon as she could, while unbuckling her seat belt and heading out the sliding side door.

As Rias got out she formed her wings and flew up and above the traffic, to take a look around. What she was looking for where 'wells' as she referred to them, to draw from. Pulling energy from the cars would be easy enough but counter productive since they needed to not be there. That really only left the street lights and power lines, which meant the city's power grid. "Just remember, You asked for my help, no complaining about the damages." Rias said to the ghost.

Rias then formed four glowing blades and sliced the lights off the street lights, this was so she could get a better 'grip' on the energy in the lights, fortunately she didn't need to do this with the power lines since there was a lot less between her and the energy. As she begun to pull energy from these 'wells' big red signs started to form, one where she was, one aways down the road behind her about 100 yards, and third the same length away up the road in front of her. all three read 'Warning, super powered battle in progress ahead, please turn around'.

What Rias hadn't noticed is that her wings had dissolved, though she was still floating, and that she now had a red glow to her.

Theodore

As if the pain from the pens embedded in his leg weren't enough, Theodore crumpled over in pain at the punch. Theodore was many impressive things, but physically he was a normal human. Confronted with a sudden gut punch from a superhuman, all Loveless could do was fall to the ground in pain and desperately try not to throw up.

He felt Psyclone pick him up and little else. Most of what Psyclone said after that was a blank to him. Theodore had at least been smart enough to cut off the broadcast so no one would see him beaten up so much, but that was little comfort to his sporadic, spastic body. By the time he'd recovered enough to pay attention, Psyclone was talking again.

"You know, I can't make people spin unless I touch em? Don't fuckin' know why don't care, don't care, but I'm gettin' really pissed! Stop the air I don't give a shit! But I don't think you can stop this, so you better watch it man!". Theodore was very... "annoyed" at this point. Reaching down, Theodore pulled one of the pens out of his thigh with a grunt of pain.

"Well, I can say that studying journalism certainly taught me to "watch it" as you so eloquently put it, but it also taught me something else." Theodore said, using his free hand to cover the bleeding wound in his leg. "The pen is mightier than the sword!" Theodore yelled as he brought the bloodied pen up and into the space between the villain's legs; point first.

Gerald

"The pen is mightier than the sword!"

Psyclone yelled at the sudden surprising sensation of the pen Loveless was digging into his crotch. The pain rocked him so hard that he instinctively threw Loveless away from himself. He tried to reach out and grab him, but Loveless had already made his way to Sirius. All he could do was stand there and stare at the mess he had made. Any camera crews had either pulled back or stopped reporting as thoroughly, unable to see the action. His sword was fucking gone. Anything he'd been trying to say was pointless. He laughed a bit, his hands cupping the attacked area.

"Actions speak louder than word. But it sorta feels like someone just tore my fuckn' tongue out, filled it full of nails, and tied it to my balls. They tried that once. Not the ball thing, no no, my tongue. Or somethin' like it...somethin' about taste buds and awakening other senses, some shit..."

He shrugged and chuckled.

"Welp, this is what I get for trying to be clever."

He turned and dived, landing with a roll and limping his way across the field. He opened his palms, trying to get the air flowing through them again. Trying to figure out what the hell Sirius did.

"Dammit, c'mon, c'mon!"

Psyclone began to feel the air swirl around him, levitating him above the ground slightly. So far he was only bunny hopping.

He noticed the group of heroes that had been waiting finally rushing towards him.

"Okay, fine, it's time to get loud-"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terry

The Crick had lunged across the field and tackled Psyclone, not too sure on what the status of his powers were. What Terry knew for certain was that he wasn't letting Psyclone get back on his feet. He equipped a stun baton and stared down at Psyclone.

"Get zapped or stand down. Really man, with the stuff I've heard the past few minutes, this is for your own good-"

Psyclone's entire body spun, The Crick spinning along with him, but not letting go. The Crick found himself upright, still holding onto Psyclone. He could feel the villain breathing heavily from behind the gas mask.

"SHOVE THAT THING UP YOUR FUCKIN' ASS!" Psyclone fidgeted in his grasp.

A large metal gate ricocheted off The Crick's visor, sending him reeling. Psyclone crouched down, still grabbing his groin. The Crick stared at him.

"Guys, he's not up to full power yet!"

Tom

"As such, when I got my new powers, I decided I was not going to be a 'Hero' this time. I would protect the people my way, no archaic code of 'honor' that only offers an opening to exploit, just me, doing what needs to be done to keep the people safe, and if that means I have to kill some one or ignore a law or two. So be it."

Tom stopped when he heard this rant, it was just wrong. Heroes had to hold themselves to a higher standard, had to be an example for others not just by fighting but by doing the right thing. I'm not going to let anyone die, hero or villain. Not if I can help it.

"You're wrong!" he declared, turning to face her "You can't just run around killing people, if you do that then you're no different than the villains!"

She had already launched an attack at Tim though, two slashes of light moving far too fast for him to do anything about them. Tim'll be fine, our armor is plenty tough enough to stop an attack like that. Still he had to subdue Tim so that the other 'hero' wouldn't try to kill him. Moving quickly he followed in the wake of her attack, hoping to catch Tim off guard while he was distracted by it and pin him to the ground.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

Ouch. It looked like the reporter wasn't so helpless after all, unfortunately this meant Psyclone was fleeing faster than she could give chase, though not faster than the Crick. This is a disaster so far, urg I guess I'd better go check on Loveless and bystander-man.

She moved quickly to reach Loveless, examining his wounds. Maybe I should start carrying a first aid kit...

"How are you feeling?" she asked "help should be on the way."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gorge

There was no way for him to chase down Psyclone, not with him doing those boosted jumps, but he could try and spit at him. This is never very accurate, maybe I can keep him pinned down while I make up ground though.

That thought in mind he began spitting fist sized chunks of concrete at Psyclone, aiming for center mass though he doubted they would hit. If they did they would likely knock the breath out of the villain, or at least stagger him. Even at slow speeds concrete hurt after all.

Frederick Rolls

"Just remember, You asked for my help, no complaining about the damages."

"Right," Frederick replied, having followed her out of the van and up. "I have a feeling that the damage you'll cause is not half as bad as what would happen if civilians keeps going over to the fighting zone. Besides, the city has its own fund for dealing with super-powered incidents."

He examined what she was doing, for some reason her approach was to slice off the lights of the street lights -Frederick grabbing those of the lights who looked like they might harm someone on their way down and putting them down more carefully- and accessing the electricity from there.

I thought she could make things out of nothing?

Perhaps he had misunderstood her abilities, or perhaps this helped her create bigger things. No matter what, it was working, large signs were forming, telling people about what was up ahead. He noticed the very clear red to her, and that her wings had faded. As long as she didn't suddenly fall down, however, that was fine.

"This should help quite a bit," Frederick told her instead, flying closer to one of the signs and inspecting it to make sure it didn't give off heat or anything dangerous. "I suppose we're happy this is such a common incident here, else it might just make people more curious. Thanks, you've done the city a favor," he told Rias, having gotten closer again.

"Me as well, I can't imagine the mess I would have to have created to get the same attention. By the way... are you supposed to be glowing red?" He tilted his head, then the rest of his body. "Or is that some sort of not so fun side effect?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

"Wow ... you chide me for the single horn, and yet your going by a name so stupid only an 8-year old would think its 'cool'"

"As such, when I got my new powers, I decided I was not going to be a 'Hero' this time. I would protect the people my way, no archaic code of 'honor' that only offers an opening to exploit, just me, doing what needs to be done to keep the people safe, and if that means I have to kill some one or ignore a law or two. So be it."

Wow, this bitch is crazy!

Tim thought to himself, and it didn't change when Tom spoke.

"You're wrong! You can't just run around killing people, if you do that then you're no different than the villains!"

"HAH! Right, listen to that guy! He knows what it means to be an annoyingly righteous guy!" However, as he saw the attack that awaited him, he grinned even more.

"That's no attack! I'll just dodge---" Tim was proved very wrong, very suddenly. It was far too quick for him to do anything about it, perhaps because he was too busy bragging. Regardless, it hurt, it hurt a lot, and he fell to the ground, helped only a little by Tom.

"Get away!" he yelled, huffing and having troubles breathing as he felt the mass shift. He had to keep himself together just to hinder it falling apart. "I swear to god... get off me!" he struggled, but it was no use, Tim probably couldn't even stand up without Tom there now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius Hamilton

"Well, I can say that studying journalism certainly taught me to "watch it" as you so eloquently put it, but it also taught me something else. The pen is mightier than the sword!"

Sirius didn't normally react to other people's injuries. He understood their pain, and it was something he could actually empathize since it was a physical injury, but it didn't bring much of a reaction. However, this time he winced as the pen hit its mark.

Ouch.

The journalist was thrown aside, and Sirius stepped in front of the man again, not sure what to do. If he acted now, he could probaby take down the bad guy. However, he hesitated, the other couldn't hurt any of them where he was standing, and there was still his own injury to think of.

"Actions speak louder than word. But it sorta feels like someone just tore my fuckn' tongue out, filled it full of nails, and tied it to my balls. They tried that once. Not the ball thing, no no, my tongue. Or somethin' like it...somethin' about taste buds and awakening other senses, some shit... Welp, this is what I get for trying to be clever."

Rather suddenly, the man made a desperate leap away from them, and Sirius decided not to pursue him. He couldn't see a lot of civilians around, and there was another, more capable hero headed towards the guy.

"Are you okay?" he asked this Mr Loveless. "I could perhaps heal you, but..." his eyes flashed green, and he sighed as they just as quickly turned grey. "The ghost seems to be mostly relieved right now. I---"

"Guys, he's not up to full power yet!"

Sirius trailed off, looking over at the villain again. Muttering under his breath, the only one who could hear him was Loveless. "Right. I don't want to, but I suppose I have to."

No, I don't.

Sirius didn't need to do anything. He had already risked his life several times, and no one could say that he was being a bad person. And he was injured. Besides, he wanted to give the villain a fighting chance, the man had already been through a lot. All of a sudden, he sat down next to Loveless.

I don't want to hurt anyone, not even the bad guys.

"They'll be fine on their own," he remarked, calmly. "I'm done." Not long after he had said that, someone else approached them, the heroine in white from the last incident.

"How are you feeling? Help should be on the way."

Sirius just examined her. "I see," he replied. "And your name is?"

Rias

"By the way... are you supposed to be glowing red? Or is that some sort of not so fun side effect?" the ghost asked tilting first his head, then his everything.

Rias 'hmmed?' then looked at her self "Oh, that, no, it's fine ... I think, it only happens went I start doing stuff like this" she said motioning to the large signs "Normally my constructs aren't this big, or detailed." pointing to the now flashing lights on the signs to draw more attention to them "So for the most part I think of the glow as an indication I'm putting a greater load on my power then usual" Rias continued, floating with all the effort as the ghost next to her, then stretched "Be lieing if I said it didn't feel good though"

Karen

Karen rolled her eyes at the heroes comment. "Then you've never faced a truly evil person, only 'bad people'" she said as she floated over to the both of them then over them, more inspecting the 'damage' done to 'lord loudmouth', Karen smirked a little.

"Besides, I'm not so jaded as to think every 'super villain' or criminal needs to die. Take Lord Arrogance here." Karen started as she started to slowly circle the two "If he was truly the 'evil villain' he claimed, my attack would have cut through him effortlessly, yet he lays there, reasonably unharmed." Karen continued "My powers can hurt anyone, but they can not kill just anyone with out great effort. Only those who are truly evil, are the ones at risk of being killed by mistake, pretenders like this clown, he'll feel it for a day or so, but he'll live, with little more then a bruise to show for it in all likelihood." Karen finished still floating around them, again, an energy sword in each hand.

Tom

"My powers can hurt anyone, but they can not kill just anyone with out great effort. Only those who are truly evil, are the ones at risk of being killed by mistake, pretenders like this clown, he'll feel it for a day or so, but he'll live, with little more then a bruise to show for it in all likelihood."

"There are no truly evil people, just people who are misguided or not thinking properly," Tom replied, some anger slipping into his voice. Sure he would happily call a great many people villains, and evil things did happen but he knew that people were at their core good.

"You can't christen yourself judge jury and executioner," he continued "Just because you or your power judge someone to be evil doesn't make it true, and if you try to kill anyone I'll stop you just like I would stop any other villain."

His attention turned back to Tim, who he had been cocooning in his own goo, trying to create a pouch of sorts that the other couldn't slip out of too easily. He was stretching himself a little thin to manage this, but he felt he could carry the other now.

"Now I'm going to take Lord Magnificent here away to be dealt with properly," he said "If you've got a problem with that then too bad."

He stood up and began to walk away, though somewhat slowly given the load he was carrying. Tim don't you dare try to tear free of this.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"And your name is?"

"Coil," she answered, then turned to address both him and the reporter "now are either of you badly wounded? I'd like to help whoever needs it most."

I'll have to be sure he remembers my name, helping him out should be great for publicity, provided that blowhard doesn't steal too much of the spotlight. Ah who am I kidding he already has. Loveless looked to be in worse shape than the civilian, though nothing life threatening as far as she could tell. Good thing Psyclone doesn't use guns.

Frederick Rolls

"Oh, that, no, it's fine ... I think, it only happens went I start doing stuff like this. So for the most part I think of the glow as an indication I'm putting a greater load on my power then usual."

"Oh, right."

Well, I certainly know that feeling.

Frederick thought, thinking about what had happened with his powers amidst the rubble. Of course, his use of the powers hadn't resulted in something cool like glowing and flying, rather in him feeling that there was quite a lot of raw energy he couldn't completely control.

And to think, a couple of years ago I could barely lift a pen.

His powers kept growing the more he used them, and it was hard to know what the eventual result would be. Would it impact his body? His life? Would his powers become too unstable, eventually?

This girl doesn't know how easy she's got it.

Not that it was her fault, of course. But Frederick couldn't help but feel a bit envious, she seemed to have a lot more control over what she could do than he did.

"Be lying if I said it didn't feel good though"

"Yeah, there is something very comfortable about being able to fly flawlessly, isn't there?" Frederick agreed, a bit absent-mindedly. "Of course, you probably shouldn't try to catch anyone by surprise like that, you're about as stealthy as fireworks," he chuckled, pushing whatever he could of his thoughts away.

"Looks like there won't be a festival now, though. At least not outside. Were you guys on your way for a concert? I know that there's going to be some later tonight on the big scene, but that's of a more... old fashioned style."

Tim Merridy

"Besides, I'm not so jaded as to think every 'super villain' or criminal needs to die. Take Lord Arrogance here. If he was truly the 'evil villain' he claimed, my attack would have cut through him effortlessly, yet he lays there, reasonably unharmed. My powers can hurt anyone, but they can not kill just anyone with out great effort. Only those who are truly evil, are the ones at risk of being killed by mistake, pretenders like this clown, he'll feel it for a day or so, but he'll live, with little more then a bruise to show for it in all likelihood."

"Little more than a bruise to show for it?!" Tim yelled, painfully. "You broke my ribs, you crazy bitch! And you think I'm pretending to be evil just because you didn't manage to kill me off? Blame that on your own weakness..." the last parts he was muttering, angry but out of breath. It wasn't easy to breathe, and Tom being on top of him didn't make it much easier.

Fuck! This is not how it was supposed to go down! I bet I didn't get a single shred of attention. And Tom knows who I am. Perhaps... perhaps I can use that.

"Tom," he whispered, Tom being the only one with a chance of hearing it. "Get off me, and get me away from here, else that woman will kill me, I---" he trailed off. He had intended to appeal to Tom's fondess of justice, or even just the brotherly bond between the two to make the other listen and help him out. However, he noticed what Tom had been doing, even before Tim had started speaking. Tom was, likely for the purpose of holding him there, started cooconing him with the goo so that he couldn't get out. Of course, he could easily slip out, if he wanted to. But it was better not to, especially since he was already struggling to keep his own form.

I have to talk him into letting me go, though.

But as long as they got away from the unicorn lady, that wouldn't be too hard. His own armor became smaller and thinner, the spikes disappeared, though it still provided enough protection if something happened. Not only that, but it started supporting the areas where his injuries were at their worst, like a bandage.

"Now I'm going to take Lord Magnificent here away to be dealt with properly. If you've got a problem with that then too bad."

"You're not actually going to do that, right?" Tim asked, still only addressing Tom. He sounded desperate, not that he was that desperate. But it might help make Tom listen to him. "Please don't hand me over to the cops. I haven't done anything wrong."

Karen

The 'villians' attempt to save his pride made Karen snicker a little, but ultimately wasn't worth replying to, the hero on the other hand. "If you, foolishly, believe there are no 'truly evil people' in the world, your even more naive then your hero name suggests. Such people do exist." Karen said as she dispelled her swords and lifted up a bit "But if you've never actually met some one truly evil them maybe you owe the names on that monument a far greater debt then you realize. This 'peace' was bought with their blood after all" Karen said, tone calm but ice cold toward this 'hero'. "Anyway, 'boy', you better make sure he's dealt with properly, I'm not fond of cleaning up other peoples fuck ups." Karen added before turning and leaving the pair to go see about the situation at and near the stage.

Rias

"Yeah, there is something very comfortable about being able to fly flawlessly, isn't there? Of course, you probably shouldn't try to catch anyone by surprise like that, you're about as stealthy as fireworks," the ghost chuckled.

"Guess its a good thing I don't need to be stealthy then is it"

"Looks like there won't be a festival now, though. At least not outside. Were you guys on your way for a concert? I know that there's going to be some later tonight on the big scene, but that's of a more... old fashioned style."

Rias expression sank quiet noticeably. "I was on my way for sound check. We where supposed to be on in a few hours." she said, with a mix of sadness and anger. Rias had been looking forward to this show, as much as playing for some many people scared her a bit she was looking forward to it, and had worked hard to make sure the show would have been great. "Should a figured this would happen though ..." she added bitterly

Dr. Loveless

Theodore was rather pleased by the success of his trick. Psyclone had freed him (in a sense) and all it had taken was quite a bit of pain. Mind you it had come at a cost; his leg was bleeding and he was fairly certain walking was now out of the question. In the very least, he wouldn't be doing much investigating for a while. In the worst... well, he felt a little dizzy from the blood loss which was only a good sign at a blood drive.

Theodore took off his coat and pressed it against the wound to stem the bleeding. With any luck, it would work until someone with actual medical knowledge arrived.

"Are you okay? I could perhaps heal you, but... The ghost seems to be mostly relieved right now. I---" he heard one of the others say, though he didn't recognize the person (though that might have been because of the blood loss). "How are you feeling? Help should be on the way." he heard Coil say. Even though the haze of the blood loss, he recognized her. He had, after all, spent the last week researching her. Loveless shook his head at both of them. "I should be fine once the EMTs arrive; focus on stopping that psychopath before he hurts anyone else." he replied.

A moment later through the fog of his mind he said. "Psyclone... ha; I just got it." he muttered, suddenly finding a small amount of respect for the villain. It was a clever name. Shaking his head free of the thoughts, he turned to the pair of them and spoke up. "This is an odd question, but do either of you know first aid?" he asked, intending on borrowing their knowledge if possible to better staunch the blood flow.

Sirius Hamilton

It didn't take long for the heroine to introduce herself, addressing both of them as she did.

"Coil. Now are either of you badly wounded? I'd like to help whoever needs it most."

Sirius pointed at Loveless, and addressed them both, though mostly the heroine. "Him. I'm Sirius, by the way, though that's not very important." He kept holding onto his own injuries, he didn't need any help as long as the stitches didn't go up completely.

Perhaps I should have kept away.

Then again, what would have happened then? If this... Psyclone, was it, could have used his powers, what would have happened?

I don't think Loveless would even be here in that case.

It was a fair assumption, though Sirius had no desire to make any claims of heroism or to demand anything from the journalist, as long as there was a reason to do it, he could accept it, even if injuries kept appearing.

"I should be fine once the EMTs arrive; focus on stopping that psychopath before he hurts anyone else."

"I think he's already in a tough spot," Sirius replied. "And there's almost no one here. Most of the others have been evacuated." He supposed it might be comforting to hear, especially since the man didn't seem to pay attention himself. Then again, the other wasn't in too well of a shape, likely blood-loss, so that was understandable.

"This is an odd question, but do either of you know first aid?"

"I don't think that's a very odd question," Sirius replied, but examined the other. He wasn't exactly the master of first aid, but he knew some tricks, mostly because of having trained with someone who valued the care of one's health and body.

I don't think I learned enough, though, all things considered.

With the same monotone voice, he spoke. "Wound over heart, Mr. If you want to lessen the bleeding, you should lie down and raise your leg." He laid down and showed what he meant, just in case. "I'm sure Miss Coil could keep the pressure on while you do that."

Gerald

Psyclone stared over at the remaining heroes. He could feel his power returning as he attempted to get off the ground. He fucked up. Tried to do some clever shit. Should've just stuck to stupid confusing attempts at ultra violence and turning things into blenders. He cocked his head back and turned on the megaphone in his mask.

"Coil! C'mon, you wanted to fight a few minutes ago, how bout now! I know, I know, I kept you waiting. Had this whole dumb things with Loveless planned but turns out he's not as fun as I thought he'd be! at least I can dance with you, so whattaya say! Or how bout the quantum period over there! C'mon, poof your way over! I know there's at least 4 of your here, so who's gonna take me down before I strike again and all that shit."

He stared at the Crick and hopped around him.

"Coil, babe, you're killn' me! I don't want to fight this lame ass power ranger."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terry

"If I'm a power ranger, what's that make you? Some guy in a fake rubbery monster costume or a crazy old lady?"

The Crick held his arm out and a hexagonal plate unfolded itself. Psyclone spasmed mid-leap and rolled onto the ground. A set of fiddler's began rotating silently around Psyclone.

"Wow, I have been waiting to use this thing. And this is just the prototype. Now let's just-"

The wind intensified around Psyclone and Terry activated the fidders. They were sent flying back at the Crick, the wind gradually picking up.

C'mon stay focused on me, hold still, drop your guard. The Crick though to himself.

Tom

"Please don't hand me over to the cops. I haven't done anything wrong."

Well now I know for sure that he's Tim. Man of course my twin turns out to be an evil twin, this sucks. Still Tim hadn't done anything wrong this time, he's just shown up and announced ill intent before being stopped. Besides if I hand him in he might give away my secret identity...

He sighed heavily as he carried Tim into an abandoned alleyway and set him down, carefully checking that no one was around "Don't worry, I won't hand you in this time," he said "but we're going to need to talk about a lot of things. I can't cover for you again, you need to quit villainy."

He might be injured, so I'll need to take him to the hospital after he loses the armor. Man I hope he doesn't leave me with no choice but to kick him out of the apartment, it'd be fun if he turned hero...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"This is an odd question, but do either of you know first aid?"

"Some, not much," she said, moving over to him to examine his wounds.

"I'm sure Miss Coil could keep the pressure on while you do that."

"Of course," she replied, moving to do so. Note to self, get bandages added to tool belt. If all else fails I could animate them to tie people up.

Outside she could hear Psyclone was having quite a bit of trouble, and was now finally attempting to return her challenge. Hah, bastard. I'm fine in here thanks, Crick can handle you. It wasn't exactly how she had hoped things would play out, but at least there was some small amusement to be had in not playing along with how the desperate supervillain hoped she would.

"Coil, babe, you're killn' me! I don't want to fight this lame ass power ranger."

"Sorry love," she called back, her tone mocking "I'm a little busy cleaning up your mess, so I'll have to take a rain check this time."

Dr. Schwertner

Vinzenz watched as the last of the people clambered out of the derelict Tilt-A-Whirl with a wide grin and feeling full with accomplishment. The freed citizens, at least those that weren't so shaken they could hardly speak, thanked the doctor. He thought about how great it felt to do something helpful, and to be appreciated for his work. Perhaps he should find new ways to put his knowledge to use, he wondered, to be more altruistic. To work towards bringing more of that new found joy into his life and the lives of those around him.

Don't get ahead of yourself, Doctor. Don't forget why you're here.

A quiet, yet overpowering voice crept into the scientist's mind. It was right though, he couldn't stray from the path now. Progress was already halted too much. There was work to be done. Looking deeper into the festival grounds, he saw more commotion near a stage. He had a feeling it wasn't part of the festivities and most likely what he was asked to assist with. It seemed there was opportunity for a little more goodwill.

Frederick Rolls

"Guess its a good thing I don't need to be stealthy then is it"

"Who knows, one day it might be useful," Frederick replied. "You might need to stalk someone, or simply be alone," he added, very much joking on the first part. The second was true, though.

"I was on my way for sound check. We where supposed to be on in a few hours. Should a figured this would happen though..."

"Right." He was about to just leave it there, but changed his mind. She sounded disappointed, but even more so, she had just helped him a great deal.

"Listen, I may know someone who can help you get some time on the stage tonight. As I said, it's not really your style, but I'm sure some sort of compromise can be reached, should you be interested." He crossed his arms, and examined her behind his mask.

I'm sure Sofia wouldn't mind too much.

As a matter of fact, she would probably appreciate the fact that he had left the more dangerous and risky tasks to other people, apart from the whole almost getting shot thing, of course.

Perhaps she doesn't know.

She definitely knew.

However, this is a completely different matter, and I hope she'll be able to see it from my perspective. Even if it's not exactly her taste.

"It's up to you, of course, but I would be more than willing to do what I can to ensure that you'll get to take the stage for at least a while. That's... talking, of course, I won't be haunting them or anything," he smirked, and let her consider the offer.

Tim Merridy

Tim didn't pay attention to where they were before Tom set him down. The pitch-black goo around him started wearing off, though he forced it up still, making it support him to ensure that he could stand. Then, ever so slowly, he let it disappear, ensuring that there was no one else around them first.

"Don't worry, I won't hand you in this time. But we're going to need to talk about a lot of things. I can't cover for you again, you need to quit villainy."

"I need to 'quit' villainy?" Tim replied, with a haughty, yet clearly exhausted tone. "Then you need to..." he took a moment to breathe in, and continued. "Quit being a hero."

Injuries were more than a little tiring, and he felt weak. Especially so with the goo gone now, and Tom still in his goo armor, the other could over-power him in an instance, should he want to. He held a hand around his ribs, nothing seemed to have pierced his skin but they were definitely broken, and he spit a bit of blood onto the ground, though that was likely just a cut in his mouth or something.

It sucks that it ended up like this, but I don't think he'll harm me. Tom is ever so naive, it suits him.

Regardless, he had to set some things straight. Leaning against the nearest wall, Tim spoke again.

"One does simply not 'quit' villainy. That's ridiculous. You don't just quit your role in the middle of filming. However... I want to lie down now, so if you could call a cab or something and lose the extra weight, that'd be great."

Tom

"One does simply not 'quit' villainy. That's ridiculous. You don't just quit your role in the middle of filming. However... I want to lie down now, so if you could call a cab or something and lose the extra weight, that'd be great."

Tom let his armor evaporate steadily, soon standing unarmored before Tim. How do I handle this, I do need to get him to the hospital, but I can't just let him keep being a villain and I definitely can't give up being a hero. If he stays a villain then someone is going to get hurt.

"This isn't a movie, and even if it was villains reform all the time," he said "At least think about it while you wait here, I'll get my car and drive you to the hospital, you should probably get your injuries looked at."

With that he darted off to get his car, soon bringing it back around and helping Tim into the backseat. It wasn't normally too long of a drive to the hospital, but with the chaos caused by Psyclone's appearance the roads would likely be a bit harder to traverse. I hope the other heroes are handling Psyclone well enough, I want to get involved but I have to deal with my brother first.

Dr. Loveless

Hearing the two discuss their knowledge, Theodore nodded and touched Sirius. "Okay, I'm going to copy your first aid knowledge. Don't worry; if there's anything you don't want me to know I can't learn it out." Almost immediately, Theodore's power took hold as he scanned the man's mind for everything he knew about medicine and first aid that he'd allow Theodore to copy. A moment later he turned to Coil, intending to do the same but saw she was covered in armor.

"Um... Not sure if I can copy from you Coil; you might need to remove a glove or something." Theodore said, scratching his head. He mostly just wanted to borrow their knowledge bases so they could better focus on stopping Psyclone before things got more out of hand without having to worry about some stupid journalist who got in over his head.

Rias

Rias pondered the ghosts offer to get her on stage for least a little bit, partly due to her wondering what kind of friends a ghost would have that could help her. "Define, 'not my kind of music', cause I get the feeling your only going off what was played in the interview ..." she asked, curious about what his perception of her musical interests where.

Karen

Karen glided a long the street toward the stage, stopping to give some one a hand that had gotten stuck, before continuing toward the stage, and seeing that reporter that seemed to be a big deal, and 'Coil', or 'glory hound' as she mentally refereed to her. "How are they? Ether of them hurt badly?" Karen asked as she approached slowing down enough to not just blow by them, and stopping to hover at least long enough to find out of the two of them where OK or not.

Frederick Rolls

"Define, 'not my kind of music', cause I get the feeling your only going off what was played in the interview ..."

Well, she's correct.

He supposed he was passing judgement a bit too quickly.

"I admit it; I'm guilty," Frederick replied, and put his hands into the air as if he was surrendering. His tone was sarcastic and playful, like the Specter's voice tended to be, though he continued in a more respectful way.

"A lot of people tend to limit themselves, somewhat, have a field of expertise. I suppose, I assumed your taste was more modern music, rock and such. This is a classical music concert, after all, so I figured it might not be your thing. Pianos, violins, opera... that sort of music. If you're not opposed to it, then great. Just give me your number, and I'll pass it on."

He motioned for her to hurry up, mostly because he wanted to take a glance at the scene to ensure that people were doing fine.

Theodore can't still be a hostage, right?

Hopefully not.

"Anyways, I'd like to know now, since I need to go back and look after the ones involved in this supernatural mess." He chuckled. "It's a bit of a situation, after all."

Tim Merridy

"This isn't a movie, and even if it was villains reform all the time. At least think about it while you wait here, I'll get my car and drive you to the hospital, you should probably get your injuries looked at."

You're wrong.

Tim winced, though it was from pain, not what Tom was saying. To that, he just smirked, and sank down as the other went to get his car. He almost dozed off, before Tom got back, helping him into the car. As soon as the other had started driving, Tim addressed what Tom had said earlier.

"I don't want to go to the hospital," he said. "I want to go to your place. And I don't care if villains reform, their roles are different from mine." The other didn't get it. "And of course life is not a movie. But where are movies taken from? Real life. Reality is the inspiration for movies, and there's a reason for why there are roles. Some people are good, and some are bad, that's how it is."

It hurt to speak, so he stopped for a while, just looked out the window. It was quite the chaos out on the road, though, due to magical signs in the skies or something, traffic was slowly getting better.

"That's odd," he muttered, mostly to himself. "I think there's a glowing girl and a ghost flying over there."

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but... what?

"Actually, upon second thought, I think I might want to get my head checked."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius Hamilton

"Of course,"

Coil replied, and started doing so. Sirius, who was still lying down, just closed his eyes, not caring about anything or anyone right now. He would care, but later, he wasn't important now either way. At least, that's what he had intended to do, but then Loveless spoke again.

"Okay, I'm going to copy your first aid knowledge. Don't worry; if there's anything you don't want me to know I can't learn it out."

"Okay," Sirius replied, automatically. He didn't know and waited. He didn't expect to feel anything, but he could, there was a sense of that someone was... well, sort of looking for something in his mind. Like a connection of the kind he could make, only different. One sided. It was weird, but he didn't feel like it was too intrusive, not until the other reached a particular topic, that of arteries. Sirius couldn't explain what happened next. Somehow, for some reason, that was enough. The topic was unpleasant, and he shut the other out, refusing the information in his mind. It wasn't simply denying the other the information, however, it was severing whatever connection the other did have to him now, removing his presence completely.

Opening his eyes, he examined Loveless, with cold eyes that held some sort of blame, though Sirius was unaware of that. He simply felt that he had to ensure that it was okay with the journalist. The other wouldn't be insulted, right?

He said he couldn't learn anything I didn't want him to learn.

"I don't know what that was," Sirius said, calmly, speaking the truth. He felt like he owed the other some sort of statement. "But I don't think that information is important either way." With a sigh, he forced himself back up, rather carefully. He didn't feel like trying to relax anymore. Impatience, though it was empty, simply the whim of someone whose actions were mainly that. Whims.

"How long do we have to wait for the ambulances?" he asked Coil. "Do you think they'll get here soon? I don't want to wait anymore."

Tess

"Um... Not sure if I can copy from you Coil; you might need to remove a glove or something."

"How are they? Ether of them hurt badly?"

"Loveless is looking pretty beat up," she responded to the winged heroine, her attention remained focused on Loveless though as she removed a glove though she hesitated for a moment before offering the hand to him "you can copy the first aid knowledge, but don't you dare go digging around in my head or anything like that."

Wish I knew the specifics of how his powers work, if he can learn other things from me then this could go very badly. I'm sure Mina could 'take care of' such a situation, but lets hope it doesn't come to that. Not like I can refuse though, what sort of hero doesn't offer first aid to people in need? That would just be fishy as hell.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom

"Actually, upon second thought, I think I might want to get my head checked."

Tom nodded, part of him wanted to argue with Tim more about good and evil and so on, but he knew now wasn't the time. It would be taking advantage of his brothers pain to try and debate with him now, though he knew that eventually he'd have to deliver a rather painful ultimatum. I can't exactly let him keep staying at my place if he's a villain can I? I mean it would help me keep an eye on him, but... no he needs to change. I can't just keep helping him out knowing what he's doing, that's like assisting a crime or something!

These thoughts in mind he focused on continuing to drive to the hospital, hoping that traffic wouldn't get any worse than it already was. Man if only I could just goo up and run there, but I don't want to draw more attention than necessary now.

Rias

"Yeah, that's not my thing. I mean I could probably sing Opera, but those singers do different things with their voices then, 'modern music', and I'm not going to ruin some one else's night as a patron, or show by hopping on stage and attempt to do something I've not practiced. I consider it an insult to those that practice the craft to assume I can do it as well as they with no instruction." Rias said as she watched the traffic start to thin a bit, the Van with her band and 'bosses'/friends pulled up and waited for her to 'be done'. "Thanks for the offer though"

Karen

Karen looked the both over as Coil spoke, Loveless did look pretty banged up, but the other seemed to be bleeding. "And this one is bleeding." Karen said, annoyed but unsurprised as she landed and walked up to the young man. A smirk crossed he face and she could not stop her self " The power of me compels you, BE HEALED!" she said in her best 'evangelist' as she placed her hands on his shoulders and let her healing magic flow into him, though giggling a little at her own stupid humor.

Frederick Rolls

"Yeah, that's not my thing. I mean I could probably sing Opera, but those singers do different things with their voices then, 'modern music', and I'm not going to ruin some one else's night as a patron, or show by hopping on stage and attempt to do something I've not practiced. I consider it an insult to those that practice the craft to assume I can do it as well as they with no instruction. Thanks for the offer though."

I suppose that's a reasonable conclusion.

Musicians were fickle, that much Frederick knew, so she had a point.

"Well, it's the least I could offer, though I do think you might be correct. I think your band-mates are waiting for you, though," he said, gesturing towards them in a dramatic manner. "Shouldn't let them wait." With that, he disappeared, intending to check on the situation at the city centre.

And what a situation that was. Hostages seemed to have gotten away, Theodore and the red-haired youth were both in sort of a bad shape, but the one bleeding from his nether regions was the villain, fighting the Crick at the moment from the looks of it. While Frederick was not at all sure of what he could do, something painfully easy -and silly- struck him, and, still invisible, he went behind Psyclone and made himself ready to grab the madman's foot. Making his hands solid again for the slightest moment, he used them to trip Psyclone, hoping the villain would fall on his face if nothing else.

Hopefully it'll have some sort of effect, the very least.

He thought as he did it, then flew away, revealing himself from a few feet's distance.

Tim Merridy

After nodding off, Tim was taken to the hospital, where they patched him up. While they insisted that he should stay for the night to ensure that he didn't have any brain injuries or the likes, Tim had refused outright, and guilt-tripped Tom into driving him home. Or so he thought the intention was. Bandages everywhere and having a hard time moving, he was looking like quite the unimpressive mummy. At least it didn't hurt as much as before, though that was likely due to the dubious amounts of pain-killers he had received.

During the whole ordeal, Tom had been mostly quiet, as if he wanted to say something, but didn't. With a sigh, Tim spoke, he could go on not addressing it, but in the end, it was fairly obvious what it was that bothered Tom. Perhaps because it sort of bothered Tim too.

"So... What now?" he asked, letting the question hang in the air for a couple of minutes, and then continuing. "I assume you're not done telling me off for being evil?" Snickering, he looked at the other to see if he was reacting the way he thought he would be.

"What if I tell you off for being good, huh? Perhaps we're meant to be evil together. Haven't considered that, have you, Tom?" The other would refuse to even think of it, of course he would.

That's just our roles, I suppose.

Though, his role was looking more and more like a second-rate villain, due to his lack of success against the heroes.

"So? What's your answer, brother?"

Theodore

Reaching out, Theodore took hold of Coil and absorbed her knowledge of medicine and first aid (and nothing else). Not that Coil or Sirius could prove that of course. Once that was done, be started to patch up the bleeding wounds on his legs.

While he was working on that, Theodore said "So... any ideas on how to stop this psychopathic, ego-maniacal whirl-a-gig impersonator?" he asked to the group, genuinely concerned for hopefully obvious reasons.

Dr. Schwertner

"Vere ist he?" Vinzenz queried aloud, not seeing his acquaintance anywhere. He worked his way through the crowd which did not prove difficult thanks to his appearance. With the loudly humming machine strapped to his back and large goggles, few people felt comfortable standing close by. Hushed suppositions on either side as bystanders surmised the doctor's standing on the spectrum of good and evil. He payed them no mind, as he was preoccupied with locating the Red Mist. Perhaps he had gone off, continuing his own mission alone. It was entirely possible, and with each second it seemed increasingly lightly. Vinzenz didn't blame the man, as far as he could tell they were even. Alex helped him with his laboratory, and in return Vinzenz built the recording device that would no doubt be put to good use by the teleporting hero.

The doctor gazed around the immediate area and stared curiously at the apparently super-powered individuals that littered fairgrounds. To his right, a man in some sort of exo-suit was holding a dish of some sort and undoubtedly engaged in a fight with the most oddly-dressed individual Vinzenz had laid eyes on. Even more astonishing was the spectral figure that apparated from thin air. To his left, a woman in a white flashy outfit and another with a single horn protruding from her forehead. Both appeared to be tending to the wounds of those injured on the stage. They definitely weren't the sort of people that Vinzenz was used to seeing.

Sirius Hamilton

The group there was soon approached by a lady in a strange armor, who put her hands on his shoulders and spoke, sounding rather

"The power of me compels you, BE HEALED!"

Sirius noticed that his wound didn't get healed the same way his powers worked, rather, the bleeding almost completely stopped, and it allowed him to remove his bloodied hand from his side. Running it through his hair, he pushed his fringe away, while he kept himself sitting with the other hand, leaning on it.

"Thanks," he told the horned hero, and opened his mouth to say something else, though the voice of the journalist stopped him.

"So... any ideas on how to stop this psychopathic, ego-maniacal whirl-a-gig impersonator?"

"Listening might have helped," Sirius replied, without thinking. It wasn't a particularly annoyed reply, but he was still feeling impatient, and he had already stated that he didn't want to help out. Besides, he was tired, and he had to admit that he didn't approve of someone antagonizing someone else on purpose.

We're hurt because fighting happened, after all. Well, I'm hurt because I stepped into the fighting and was already injured, so perhaps that's not completely true. Still, if it could have been avoided.

"Perhaps he just had something to say, and perhaps you could have been more polite." He then shook his head, having noticed that the villain fell to his face.

"It's okay, though, he looks like he's getting stopped right now. But next time, perhaps you should be a little nicer?"

[b]Gerald

Psyclone figured he'd tear up The Crick and leave the fair, probably lose the heroes in the air.

This whole situation had spilled out of control, but he'd gotten plenty of attention. Good enough for his "employers" hopefully. He didn't really care. At least he sorta got some shit off his chest. Besides, he still had a few things planned and even someone as sporadic as Gerald Buford ran out of energy.

He still needed to pick up his "big surprise" anyway.

But first it was time to tear this hero a new one-

Psyclone felt himself stagger as he through the debris at The Crick.

Terry

The Crick watched Psyclone stagger as the debris exploded in an arc towards him. He lunged forward, dodging through the debris in an impressive acrobatic display.

Terry had had just about enough of this villain. He equipped his stun batons coming out of a roll and smacked Psyclone across the face as he landed.The villain looked up in he fell to his knees still obviously exhausted. The Crick quickly delivered a few short blows before jabbing Psyclone with the baton.

Psycone twitched sightly on the ground before finally coming to a stop.

Psyclone was down for the count. The Crick quickly handcuffed him.

"I don't even have time to worry about how we're gonna hold you" The Crick said, tired from the day's excitement.

The Crick heard a slight "whoosh" and noticed the specter appearing a few feet away from Psyclone.

"Thanks for the assist. Kinda wish you had shown up sooner, we've...had an interesting day."

Tess

"So... any ideas on how to stop this psychopathic, ego-maniacal whirl-a-gig impersonator?"

"The Crick seems to have him well in hand," she said, glancing back as their fight came to a conclusion. And that's why you don't issue challenges as a villain, she thought smugly as the Crick cuffed him.

"If you think you'll be alright I think I'll go make sure he doesn't need assistance," she continued "would hate for him to break free after all the destruction he's already caused."

Really just tasteless, and purposeless. What did he think he'd gain from all this?

With that she darted off over to the Crick, where it seemed he was speaking with the Specter over the incapacitated Psyclone. Hm, he's here too? Man this idiot drew damn near every hero in the city to him.

"Good job," she said, waving as she approached "is he unconscious?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom

"So? What's your answer, brother?"

"I'm not a villain, and I'll never be one," Tom said "you can stay here while you're healing, but I catch any sign of you getting up to villainy and you'll have to find somewhere else to stay."

It hurt to give the ultimatum, but Tom knew he had to. He had to try to do something to get Tim to stop before he really hurt someone, no doubt he'd already stolen and broken plenty of things, which was hurting someone in another way. I know he's my brother, but that doesn't mean I can go easy on him.

"Why do you even want to be a villain?" he asked "What do you get out of hurting people?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gorge

Gorge watched as the fight concluded, nodding to himself, satisfied with the conclusion. The villain had done far too much damage certainly but there hadn't been much he could have done to assist with that. All that was left now was to drop George off somewhere safe, preferably far away from the ruins of the carnival.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

George

"Huh, what?" George said, rubbing his head as he came too, a couple blocks away from the festival which looked to have seen some serious trouble.

"Shit, what happened?" he asked himself. Did a fight break out or something?

Shaking his head and groaning, in part from how heavy his stomach felt all of a sudden, he started walking away from the festival. I must have filled up on that awful fair food or something, ugh what happened after that? Well anyways I should probably go, doesn't look like the festival is going to have much happening right now. With that thought in mind he started walking back home, feeling somewhat sad that he'd missed the festival, and somewhat worried that he'd missed whatever it was that had disrupted the fair.

Frederick Rolls

"Thanks for the assist. Kinda wish you had shown up sooner, we've...had an interesting day."

"Actually," Frederick started with a rather amused tone. "I've been here for quite a while. I've just been busy ensuring that no one gets hurt. You know, removing swords, doing something about the traffic, that kinda thing. But no worries, I don't need a thank you." He flew a bit closer, flying right above the gaudy villain.

"So, the suspect actually is going into custody this time?" he mused.

That's certainly not that common.

Not with super-powered people.

"Good job, is he unconscious?"

"Either that or dead," the Specter replied, and chuckled. "I'd be very surprised if it was the latter, though, I think I'd know."

Or would I?

He hadn't seen any ghosts before, and had no idea if they existed. On the other hand, he hadn't actually seen a dead person since the coma, or anyone he could identify as dead either way. Even if they were around, he had a feeling that the more people knew about him, the less surprised they would be if they actually happened upon a ghost. Noticing that a man with rather bright green eyes was standing a little afar, looking rather baffled, he grinned underneath the mask. At least he could have some effect on someone still.

Besides, he shouldn't be here.

"Excuse me for a moment," he muttered with a rather mischievous tone, and disappeared. Seconds later, he tapped the stranger's shoulder, appearing again, behind him.

"Boo." He awaited a reaction, before continuing, this time scolding the youngster. "Didn't I tell people to evacuate? I'd be careful if I were you, if he wakes up you're in a pretty bad spot."

Then again, he wasn't the only one around by now, and Frederick gestured towards the other bystanders. "You too, just wait for the police to get here before you start running around."

They're not going to listen, are they?

Tim Merridy

"I'm not a villain, and I'll never be one. You can stay here while you're healing, but I catch any sign of you getting up to villainy and you'll have to find somewhere else to stay."

Tim shrugged. Well, he shrugged as much as he could shrug, which wasn't an awful lot injuries considered. Tom was being boring, but he supposed that was part of having a good twin.

"As you wish, it's not like I can move around now either way." He took a moment, then smirked. "Well, I could always get creative, but..." he trailed off, mostly for added effect. "I'll behave. Probably."

Unless I find a way to get rid of these injuries, of course.

"So don't you worry, Mr. Too-Nice-For-His-Own-Good."

"Why do you even want to be a villain? What do you get out of hurting people?"

"Why do you even want to be a hero?" Tim said, mimicking Tom's first question. "You just kind of want to do it, right? It's "the right thing to do", sure, but in the end it's for your own sake. You want to do it because it makes you feel good, like you're spending your time correctly, and it is exciting. I'm the same." He leaned back further.

"Sure, it's not nice, and I don't get the karmic bonuses, but it's worthwhile. It's the role I've been dealt, and I quite like it, regardless of how it might affect other people. Unlike you, I can do whatever I want to do, and I can become well-known a lot easier. Besides, I can get stuff out of it, like money!"

With an excited tone, he continued, becoming more eager as he spoke. As he did, he gestured with the arm not covered by bandages, raising it like a proper bad guy should.

"I don't need to sit and wait for some bad guy to come around that I can deal with, I am the bad guy, and I deal with whomever I want to deal with, be it some hero or someone who simply happened to be unlucky. It doesn't matter! Your role is passive and dull, mine is thrilling and engaging! I'm not bound by any law, because I have the freedom and power I want to have! Besides, people might say they prefer the hero, but everyone loves a good villain!"

He stopped talking, his chest had started aching when he got more eager and louder. Still, Tim was certain he had made his point, even Tom had to understand the benefits of being a villain.

Dr. Schwertner

"Boo."

Vinzenz was brought out of his stupor with a start, spinning in place to face the source of the voice that seemed to appear from nowhere. Briefly he tensed up with his hands on the lever of his device, but eased himself once he saw that it was nothing to be worried about. The doctor was bemused as to what he possibly could have done with the device at that very moment, unless the man before him happened to be made of metal which was highly improbable.

"Didn't I tell people to evacuate? I'd be careful if I were you, if he wakes up you're in a pretty bad spot."

"Bah," the doctor scoffed, waving a hand in dismissal. "Sere is nossing to vorry about. I am looking for see von sey call 'See Red Mist'. Vould you happen to know as to his vereabouts? Never mind sat, I am certain he knows vere to find me. Who are you to ask sese qvestions? Vat makes you so concerned vat it is I am doing here? On who's ausority is it mandated I vacate see premises?!"

Tess

"Excuse me for a moment,"

Well at least he didn't recognize me, I guess I can cross magical ghost senses off of his list of potential powers. That just left her, Crick, and the unconscious Psyclone. I guess I need to stick around until they haul Psyclone here away, would be bad if he woke up and I wasn't around to stop him. Might as well chat up the Crick then, see what he's been up to. If I associate with him it'll reflect badly on him when my inevitable betrayal comes.

"Good work taking him down," she said to him "Hopefully he stays locked away for a long time."

She inserted a pause, trying to appear hesitant for a moment. Heroes love to be able to help women out after all, regardless of the problem.

"Say, you've been heroing here a lot longer than me," she said, god heroing? That's not even a word. "Think you'd have any advice for a newbie? I've been trying my best but I can't help but feel that there is more I could be doing."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom

"I don't need to sit and wait for some bad guy to come around that I can deal with, I am the bad guy, and I deal with whomever I want to deal with, be it some hero or someone who simply happened to be unlucky. It doesn't matter! Your role is passive and dull, mine is thrilling and engaging! I'm not bound by any law, because I have the freedom and power I want to have! Besides, people might say they prefer the hero, but everyone loves a good villain!"

"If they love a villain why do they cheer when he's beaten?" Tom asked "Yes heroing makes me feel good, but that's not why I do it, I'd do it even if it didn't, because I'm making the world a better place."

He sighed, there was likely no getting through to Tim, and he couldn't kick him out until his injuries were healed but even so he had to try. He could be so awesome if he'd just turn good! Why won't he?

"I can't understand why you'd ever want to hurt other people," he said "how could any reward be worth it if you had to do that? Sure I hurt people too, but only villains and only to stop them from hurting more people, who knows what happens to the people you hurt because of your actions. Do you?"

He did actually understand how hurting someone could be fun, it was hard to resist cracking a grin when he slugged a villain in the face, but that was different. Right? Yeah it had to be, it wasn't that he was hurting someone, it was that he was being a hero!

He sighed "I won't make you leave until you're better, but I just want you to think about it," he said "You could be an awesome hero! So please, just mull it over."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked