"Gamers" Are Still Dead, Y'all

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:

Mass shootings is something I hear about mostly from the US. Care to make another example? ... Are mass shootings not simply a US thing?

Also, what's the ratio of gun-owners gender-wise? The probability could be higher for a gender when they have more often guns than other genders.

And it's funny to me that because I point out that there are a lot of assholes out there, that this number is increasing, that this is the problem caused by another source instead of this cop out makes (people like) you automatically incredibly defensive while setting up straw men left and right.

I never said that this is not a problem. I said that the author and the developers are too sensitive, the developer cited not even mentioning screaming kiddies in matches that apparently get you real good and easily.

Let me spell it out, though: You won't change this by, and I say it the last time, clinging to old stereo-types that rarely are the case anymore, insulting everyone that isn't on your side and spew arrogance like there is no tomorrow, and on top of that by being simply wrong and ignoring the fact that the causes lay elsewhere then with the stereotypical masculinity.

And only because I point this out it doesn't mean that I don't care. Your points, or the single claim you essentially make, is flawed. That's it. Only because you in your bubble only see women act decently doesn't make it more true in the grander scheme of things known as reality. Society as a whole in every spectrum slowly goes down the shitter, less liberal, ruthless, radical. Humanism, liberalism and enlightenment slowly get abolished and people like you, who divert attention to false flags and giving liberalism the bad rep it has are one of the key problems when acting like this. It's like if the last 300 years didn't exist.

Article may as well be titled "This Site's Going to Go Down, But At Least I Can Claim in Future Job Prospects That In The Face of a Failed Business, I Had the Highest Views" XD

I thought the Escapist had purged the sort of "journalist" who writes this sort of tosh after the last entryist shitstorm.

Naldan:

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:

Mass shootings is something I hear about mostly from the US. Care to make another example?

Not really because its an example that is familiar to pretty much everybody. Typically unfortunate but works as a good example. Just because one mass shooter out of literally hundreds is a woman doesn't mean the trend is that its primarily men who commit them. Words and phrase like "typically", "usually", "most of the time" and "more often than not" should make that evident but who has time to listen to what people say for nuance anymore?

Also, what's the ratio of gun-owners gender-wise? The probability could be higher for a gender when they have more often guns than other genders.

Men are more likely to own a gun than women but it isn't a 100:1 ratio. Also worth noting that very often the person committing the shooting doesn't own the firearm or recently purchased the firearm(s) used in the shooting specifically for the shooting.

And it's funny to me that because I point out that there are a lot of assholes out there, that this number is increasing, that this is the problem caused by another source instead of this cop out makes (people like) you automatically incredibly defensive while setting up straw men left and right.

Your assertion doesn't actually prove anything, not even with internal logic. If people are such jackasses to begin with then the increase in the amount of people interacting wouldn't have a noticable effect. It'll just be the same ratio of jackasses as before.

I never said that this is not a problem. I said that the author and the developers are too sensitive, the developer cited not even mentioning screaming kiddies in matches that apparently get you real good and easily.

Why is it that we don't tolerate screaming children throwing a tantrum in a resturaunt lobby but we do in a videogame lobby?

Let me spell it out, though: You won't change this by, and I say it the last time, clinging to old stereo-types that rarely are the case anymore

Nobody is suggesting that. In fact the very first thing the article points out is that this image is by and large inaccurate.

"Although gaming is alive and well, the basement-dwelling Mountain Dew goblin teenager stereotype who screams at his mother for "interrupting" his boob-modded Call of Duty match to give him his pizza rolls image others have of gamers is still very troublesome. It's an image we need to resist."

I'm just assuming you didn't even read the article since you're arguing against something that the author themselves argues as the very first thing that they state.

and on top of that by being simply wrong and ignoring the fact that the causes lay elsewhere then with the stereotypical masculinity.

So you're suggesting that the best way to improve voice chat is to remove men from voice chat because men are such overtly hostile people? That's rather misandrist isn't it?

And only because I point this out it doesn't mean that I don't care. Your points, or the single claim you essentially make, is flawed. That's it. Only because you in your bubble only see women act decently doesn't make it more true in the grander scheme of things known as reality.

This isn't terribly difficult. Just because some women are toxic doesn't mean that the statement "toxicity directed towards women is generally greater than their counterparts" untrue. This is why I brought up the mass shooting comparison in the first place. "It is usually men who commit mass shootings" isn't invalidated because there's a woman who commits every one out of a hundred mass shootings.

Society as a whole in every spectrum slowly goes down the shitter, less liberal, ruthless, radical. Humanism, liberalism and enlightenment slowly get abolished and people like you, who divert attention to false flags and giving liberalism the bad rep it has are one of the key problems when acting like this. It's like if the last 300 years didn't exist.

So Call of Duty kiddies and people calling each other fags in Overwatch are a false flag attempt to, and I can only speculate because the rest of that is complete and utter nonsense, remove free speech rights, which by the way nobody here is advocating we do so solve the problem? That's some Alex Jones level of delusion and contradicts your own assertion that people are naturally this toxic to begin with. Whatever point you're trying to make here with this bit is not being made.

Crash Laobi:
So checking a previous article and mentioning the first thing that appears in the search is stalking? That's really your definition?

You'd be surprised.

There was a user on this forum who was the writer behind the original article that started the common belief that Anita Sarkeesian was working with the devs on the newest Mirror's Edge game. Since this article was literally the only source for the claim, and given that it'd snowballed around the internet in such a big way, I did the same as you and started googling and investigating.
This person then accused me of not only "stalking" them, but also "harassment" and even "doxxing" too. All I was trying to do was fact-check the validity of his story. I guess he didn't want me to dig too far into it.

As it turns out, the article was a boatload of lies, for what it's worth. Funny that.

Zontar:
First is the fact 90% of the complaints about this issue stem from the Witcher series (while the other 10% are the other fantasy settings that are based on part of Europe that reflect the fact that outside of an exceptionally few Arab merchants in port cities there where basically no non-whites outside of the Balkans before the industrial era).

Er...if you say so. I'd more usually seen this in regards to England, myself, which had trade from all over.

Zontar:
Second is the fact that even the most diverse places in Europe at the time where, outside of the Balkans, over 95% of the local ethnicity and had basically no noteworthy number of non-whites at all. Hell even today France is noteworthy for having only just gone under 90% ethnic French and still being almost entirely white, and it's the diverse one of the whole continent if you ignore the lone power-keg that is Bosnia. And this is after decades of mass immigration (by European standards).

That's not remotely true. Europe is linked to Africa and Asia, modern ideas of continents did not stop people traveling. The Iberian Peninsual was taken and held by people from Africa, people traded all along the coast of the Mediterranean etc

Fischgopf:

Where is this supposedly happening?

Youtube? Reddit? Where you want to start?

And really, pretty sure most people don't care what you think as long as you aren't annoying them over it.

Your naivete. It's cute.

Schadrach:

Hadn't heard of Haydee until today, at first I was like "Well, it couldn't be that bad, it's got mostly positive reviews", then realized most of those were about fapping (and the rather absurd number of nude mods on the workshop) rather than actual gameplay.

So, c'mon, show me the demands for right-wing bullshit, the developers threatened until they changed their work because it didn't comply to right-wing preferences, or a big, visible social media campaign to do that sort of thing. There are more than a few from the other side.

NewClassic:

Thanks to everyone who's been chill, conversational, and polite. For those of you who haven't or refuse to, why not?

Can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I'm hostile is because this garbage moral beatsticking is exactly what ennobled some legitimately bad elements in my subculture that, at least until the chucklefuck known as GamerGate, were being policed in house to a reasonable degree. Now thanks to them being validated and a whole lot of fence sitters seeing the side of civility and not acting like /pol/ tards as some authoritarian death squad out to ruin their fun. The lunatics are not only running the asylum, they're coming over to the doctor's houses to play hide the scalpel with their daughters.

As said, it was your ilk, and your ilk's clickbaity horseshit that made this war happen. You gave them all the excuse they needed, and now a lot of us who had no dog in the fight, or even might have supported you, got caught in the crossfire.

Thaluikhain:

Er...if you say so. I'd more usually seen this in regards to England, myself, which had trade from all over.

During the medieval era almost all trade that wasn't from other parts of the country (which was itself almost all trade) was from France and the Low Countries. While there'd likely be a lone ship or two somewhere that was from as far as North Africa, it wouldn't be until the age of exploration that there's have been enough to even warrant mentioning, and even then by today's standards it still wouldn't.

The world was a much smaller place back then, even for merchants.

That's not remotely true. Europe is linked to Africa and Asia, modern ideas of continents did not stop people traveling. The Iberian Peninsual was taken and held by people from Africa, people traded all along the coast of the Mediterranean etc

You're forgetting what it is that connects Europe to Africa and Asia: a sea, near impassable mountains and a frozen wasteland. While there was trade and the exchange of ideas, the people trading those ideas where not moving to the places they spread them to, they where doing business then headed home. The only exception to this is the Balkans, where the Ottomans slowly conquered the place before eventually being pushed back, and Iberia, where there was a conquest, then the Moors where kicked out when the Spanish pushed them back. But much as with Rome neither actually set up cities of their own people in these lands, instead being a small minority that again when compared to places like France or the UK today make the modern day look like an impossibly diverse state of affairs.

Unless you're going to tell me that the historical records we have is all wrong, as well as the migration data based on current day genetic distribution are both wrong. Some people do make the argument after all, that everything we know about that period of history is wrong because it doesn't suit today's politics.

Smithnikov:

Schadrach:

Hadn't heard of Haydee until today, at first I was like "Well, it couldn't be that bad, it's got mostly positive reviews", then realized most of those were about fapping (and the rather absurd number of nude mods on the workshop) rather than actual gameplay.

So, c'mon, show me the demands for right-wing bullshit, the developers threatened until they changed their work because it didn't comply to right-wing preferences, or a big, visible social media campaign to do that sort of thing. There are more than a few from the other side.

*video snips*

No mention of how Fox News basically got Six Days In Fallujah cancelled?

Wouldn't be Fox News bashing without mentioning how they completely hate our servicemembers and don't want them to step out of line of their designated position of killing brown foreigners.

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:

No mention of how Fox News basically got Six Days In Fallujah cancelled?

Damn, forgot that one.

But it's okay, as Fox News is a GamerGate approved games journo source.

I'm a gamer, and I will always identify myself as a gamer. Its because I game. Frankly, all of the ridiculous accusations leveled against me as a "gamer" are false and born from fear and lack of communication. I've been labeled racist, sexist, and bigoted again and again just based off of vague understandings of the games I play, which, by the way, have no impact on my contribution to society as a citizen. Personally, I'm impressed that the Escapist would endorse a writer that just comes out and blanket attacks the entire clientele of this website.

Maybe I can only speak for myself, but I am tired of being judged solely for one little aspect of my life, and not the parts that actually matter. You know, little things, like my education, my healthcare related job, my various efforts at improving immediate community and international communities. But no, I'm a sexist pig because I like Bayonetta as a character. Thanks.

They're trying pretty hard to get traffic back to this dead website. There was a time, before everyone was so focused on identity politics, when this website had interesting articles and 200-300ish comments in the forums on most articles.

They also gave Dragon Age 2 a 10/10, but that's a separate issue.

Smithnikov:
Damn, forgot that one.

But it's okay, as Fox News is a GamerGate approved games journo source.

That one always bothered me the most because the devs were actually approached with the idea by veterans of Fallujah and they never got to tell the story they wanted others to hear because of that bad publicity. Veterans are to be seen, not heard, in america. Would be interesting if they could crowdfund the game or even get a different publisher on board. If 2K gave free reign to Yager for Spec Ops: The Line, which then received no mainstream controversy, I have a hard time believing that Six Days couldn't get some realistic consideration.

Edit: Being about the Iraq War and Fallujah in particular it was a real opportunity for gaming to make a significant literary contribution to mainstream culture since very few writing contributions of renown exist about either. As much as we'd like to think otherwise there haven't really been any videogame narratives that have been noteworthy cultural achievements.

*sigh*

Cold Shiny:
*snip*
But no, I'm a sexist pig because I like Bayonetta as a character. Thanks.

Someday we'll understand that criticism of a thing we like doesn't equal criticism of us personally. That, and maybe we'll untighten our sphincters a bit.

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:

Naldan:

DeffoNotAnAltAccount:

Mass shootings is something I hear about mostly from the US. Care to make another example?

Nope.

Mass shootings prove everything I say right, yo. So who cares.

Even though I make false claims about you, I'm right with my assumptions about you. Because I know you. I know where you live, with whom you commute, what you eat and most importantly, what you think (except for when I have to actually understand and reflect over your predicaments. Then my internal defense-logic kicks in and I enter the world-view-safe-mode routine.)

What does this prove? When you have dinner with your family, maybe make a proposal to your loved one, seeing the waiter and the owner in person, you wouldn't tolerate 21 years screaming niggerfaggot as well, right? YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THE CONNECTION HERE!!!!

Let me spell it out, though: You won't change this by, and I say it the last time, clinging to old stereo-types that rarely are the case anymore

I don't see that this stereotype of the sexist, misogynist, ultra masculine white boi is a stereotype. So you haven't read the article, right?

and on top of that by being simply wrong and ignoring the fact that the causes lay elsewhere then with the stereotypical masculinity.

What is love?

And only because I point this out it doesn't mean that I don't care. Your points, or the single claim you essentially make, is flawed. That's it. Only because you in your bubble only see women act decently doesn't make it more true in the grander scheme of things known as reality.

Yeah dog, but what really is love? I don't know how men underthemselves love each other and how they treat each other. But when I see them talking similar shit to a woman, OH BOY I want to massacre them with a wooden plank, crack their skull, open it slowly up like a tin can while they're bound to a chair. Or whatever.

Society as a whole in every spectrum slowly goes down the shitter, less liberal, ruthless, radical. Humanism, liberalism and enlightenment slowly get abolished and people like you, who divert attention to false flags and giving liberalism the bad rep it has are one of the key problems when acting like this. It's like if the last 300 years didn't exist.

Yo, only because you're called something absolutely disgusting and people like me are wasting everyone's time and energy with asinine theories which in their core are mostly to insult everyone we don't like and vent our frustration, it doesn't mean that your... right to speak... is undercut... you meant that, right? I've read that somewhere. Yeah, forget the question. I know
you said that, go fuck yourself.

K, I see. I don't care anymore. BB.

BreakfastMan:

That doesn't mean you shouldn't still engage critically with it. No one's opinion is 100% the same as everyone else's, even if they are functionally similar.

I know what he wants to say, I know why I disagree with it, and I know where his arguments are lacking. Why are you grasping at straws trying to make this into an argument of how unique this take is? Maybe give me some particulars instead of being vague.

Keep the flame alive, old friend.

The Wooster:

What a great image. Thank you!

altnameJag:
*sigh*

Cold Shiny:
*snip*
But no, I'm a sexist pig because I like Bayonetta as a character. Thanks.

Someday we'll understand that criticism of a thing we like doesn't equal criticism of us personally. That, and maybe we'll untighten our sphincters a bit.

To be fair, it's very easy for one's hackles to be raised when criticism of questionable aspects of gaming culture are couched in such loaded terms:

- GAMERS are TOXIC not you, just the naughty ones but if you take offence then you're clearly a naughty one
- GAMERS are part of a culture that PROMOTES SEXISM not you, just the naughty ones but if you take offence then you're clearly a naughty one
- GAMERS promote a culture of WHITE HETEROSEXUAL MALE EXCLUSIVITY that KILLS CREATIVITY AND DIVERSITY not you, just the naughty ones but if you take offence then you're clearly a naughty one

It brings to mind someone loudly proclaiming "Feminists are bitches" in disgust, then when someone objects they merely respond "Oh I only meant the Feminazi ones, why are you getting so upset?". Not to mention that criticism can so very often come with unspoken insinuations, just look at any movie review thread in Off-Topic, where Michael Bay's movies are commonly derided as godawful moronic trash for lowest common denominator ticket-buyers. It's not always easy to calmly dissect the (hopefully) unintended implications that everyone under the broad spectrum of "Gamers" bears fault for the twats, particularly under incredibly clickbaity titles. Unfortunately, in my opinion this also presents something of a conundrum because I don't think anyone can take a look at gaming culture and declare it completely free of toxicity: death threats to developers for altering weapon reload speeds, or the immature clusterfucks that inevitably arise whenever the words "race" or "sex" are mentioned put the lie to that.* Even in the case that a portion of these kinds of comments are simply trying to get a rise out of people - something I personally believe, because it's the easiest thing in the world to "fire and forget" some racist/sexist comments anywhere on the net in order to see the people froth at the mouth - they cannot really be described as anything but "toxic", but then just writing a slew of "Gamers are dead, yo" articles automatically shuts down any attempt at reasonable discussion because it's so easy to feel slandered by them. I'm sure many will argue that it's on the audience to avoid knee-jerk reactions, and that's a valid point (I won't deny that my initial reaction to many race/sex articles in gaming is usually "Oh Christ, not this again...." before I "calm" down), and that Mr Hidalgo isn't writing anything personally insulting. But I think there is still a certain, sanctimonious "Holier than thou" attitude that comes across in these kinds of articles that I feel does nobody any favours.

*Though I remain unconvinced that this is a problem unique to gamer culture.

P.S. If anyone calls me out on sanctimonious attitudes after my first two posts in here, I apologise but I just can't resist a good bit of cynical snark!

You know it's a great thread when it's pages upon pages of post-2015 accounts posting.

Mazinger-Z:
Article may as well be titled "This Site's Going to Go Down, But At Least I Can Claim in Future Job Prospects That In The Face of a Failed Business, I Had the Highest Views" XD

That is actually a really good point. Exploiting clickbait on a dying site, to promote yourself before moving on. Would make sense - even if its a really scummy thing to do.

IceForce:

Crash Laobi:
So checking a previous article and mentioning the first thing that appears in the search is stalking? That's really your definition?

You'd be surprised.

There was a user on this forum who was the writer behind the original article that started the common belief that Anita Sarkeesian was working with the devs on the newest Mirror's Edge game. Since this article was literally the only source for the claim, and given that it'd snowballed around the internet in such a big way, I did the same as you and started googling and investigating.
This person then accused me of not only "stalking" them, but also "harassment" and even "doxxing" too. All I was trying to do was fact-check the validity of his story. I guess he didn't want me to dig too far into it.

As it turns out, the article was a boatload of lies, for what it's worth. Funny that.

Remember kids: The truth is a right wing goobergaber hate-meme!

The hell? I thought this site had an ethics policy to prevent this kind of inflammatory content and posturing from being posted. Why is this site regressing again?

I was not one of those blessed with a free premium subscription, and was seriously considering purchasing a subscription just to see what all the fuss was about.
Well, after this article, this site is not getting a single penny of my money. You've just lost another potential paying customer. Grats.

Site's already dead anyways, hasn't been good in years. I didn't even know I had tis premium account until I un-mothballed it.

Zontar:

You're forgetting what it is that connects Europe to Africa and Asia: a sea, near impassable mountains and a frozen wasteland.

??? I'm guessing geography wasn't your strong suit in school.

While there was trade and the exchange of ideas, the people trading those ideas where not moving to the places they spread them to, they where doing business then headed home.

Knights of Malta? Knights Templar? Order of Hospitallers? The Jesuits? The Berbers? The Vandals? The Vandals are an example of a people moving from what is modern Germany, through Italy and the Iberian, and raiding and settling North African soil. Busy little blighters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Kingdom

Gifted at war, trade, settlement building, naval navigation (consider the fact that they were a landlocked people until fairly recently), and the pre-eminent scientists and engineers of the era. 'Vandalizing' property, if taken to its true roots, would basically be going someplace (by force), staying there, and building even better shit ontop of the stuff you broke.

Hell, how about the Phoenicians? Asiatic, spread to North Africa, Corsica, Sardinia, Iberian Peninsula, Crete ...?

Phoenicians laid the ground works of Carthage, after all ... of which also spread and settled parts of the Iberian peninsula.

The only exception to this is the Balkans, where the Ottomans slowly conquered the place before eventually being pushed back, and Iberia, where there was a conquest, then the Moors where kicked out when the Spanish pushed them back.

So the only exception is almost 800 years of Iberian colonization and occupation? By various leadgroups no less?

Unless you're going to tell me that the historical records we have is all wrong, as well as the migration data based on current day genetic distribution are both wrong.

???

Dalsyne:

BreakfastMan:

That doesn't mean you shouldn't still engage critically with it. No one's opinion is 100% the same as everyone else's, even if they are functionally similar.

I know what he wants to say, I know why I disagree with it, and I know where his arguments are lacking. Why are you grasping at straws trying to make this into an argument of how unique this take is? Maybe give me some particulars instead of being vague.

You won't know until you read the article.

SolidState:

I was not one of those blessed with a free premium subscription, and was seriously considering purchasing a subscription just to see what all the fuss was about.
Well, after this article, this site is not getting a single penny of my money. You've just lost another potential paying customer. Grats.

Haha! You're a dirty liar! (Not even a very convincing one. Literally no one here believes you.)

Smithnikov:
Can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I'm hostile is because this garbage moral beatsticking is exactly what ennobled some legitimately bad elements in my subculture that, at least until the chucklefuck known as GamerGate, were being policed in house to a reasonable degree. Now thanks to them being validated and a whole lot of fence sitters seeing the side of civility and not acting like /pol/ tards as some authoritarian death squad out to ruin their fun. The lunatics are not only running the asylum, they're coming over to the doctor's houses to play hide the scalpel with their daughters.

I'm afraid I don't really find the equivalent of "Horrible people already existed, but I didn't have to deal with them until you showed up. You're to blame for this." to either be compelling reason to not voice my opinion, or really all that fair to the people to whom these horrible people were already being horrible.

NewClassic:
"Gamers" Are Still Dead, Y'all

Does this remind anyone of something?

I'm feeling better too.

Callate:

maninahat:
So one of the creators of Dishonored 2 attributed his meeting with Anita Sarkeesian to his creative decisions to include more women in the sequels and have Emily as a playable character. By having the first game criticised, the creator realised that Sarkeesian had a valid point, took that point to the writing team of the next game, and they made a much better sequel as a result. I just finished playing Death of the Outsider, which has a black bisexual woman with disabilities as the protagonist. So tell me how has Sarkeesian stifled creativity in this instance? It seems like her wrods have helped make a better game.

"Better" according to who? Its metacritic scores were roughly equal to its predecessor; its sales numbers somewhat worse.

And if you read the actual metacritic quotes, you get things like:

'Trumping the first in nearly every way, Dishonored 2 is at the very top of the list of "must play"...
'Dishonored was already amazing, and this sequel bests it on every level...'
'Dishonored 2 is an improvement over the original game in every sense of the word...'

I'm not going to bother reading through all the reviews, but it has been safe to say that a lot of critics have said it is better than the first game, regardless of what score they've given to either. I think it is better than the first game as well. Not everyone will agree with that of course.

If the creator was inspired to make the option for Emily, bully for him, I guess...

Not just that, seeing as how it completely undermines your argument that feminist critics are coercing gaming culture and undermining developers. Here's a clear example of a creator accepting the criticism without condition and deciding on their own free will to adjust the sequel accordingly. Where exactly is the coercion, the dubious tactics and the vague goals here? All Sarkeesian did was talk to the guy about his game, and the guy agreed wit her point.

You keep describing it as coercive, but making youtube videos and articles talking about videogames is not in anyway nefarious as you make it sound. It is safe to say Sarkeesian is influential, but that influence is a product of her being right about a lot of problems with the industry and the fandom, and the changes in the industry are a product of devs agreeing with the criticism (like above). Trying to sell it as though our multi-billion dollar industry is being pressured against its will by some woman in flannel and her ilk just strikes me as desperate attempt to explain why game designers put more value in what the feminists are saying and not their nay-sayers.

Was it "better" that time and resources were spent on the Emily route than on other things? I think that's a valid question- and one that the atmosphere bred by certain kinds of criticism make all but impossible to broach. And I'm not saying it wasn't, just that it would be nice to ask without "of course it was better, it was diversity, which is always better, and you're a misogynist if you dare ask the question" hanging over it.

I can answer that question now. Yes, thematically it makes sense that Emily is the protagonist in the sequel - it means that as a character, and as the player, Corvo's actions in the previous game influenced Emily's actions as ruler. You get a richer story in which Corvo has handed the baton on to his daughter, and its up to her to figure out a safer path. On top of that, it gives her a closer personal connection to the villain, who usurps her throne and makes a strong case against Emily's mother. Gameplaywise, it excuses giving her a new range of different powers that give you a more varied experience. I like being able to play as Corvo as well, but his character feels less relevant to the plot and I see him more of an extra than on the same standing.

Also, I'm finding it hard to imagine a situation where diversity isn't better, especially considering the lack of it.

Literally nobody gave a shit about Sarkeesian until people declared her the devil

Murlin:
Literally nobody gave a shit about Sarkeesian until people declared her the devil

People only started "declaring her the Devil" when games media in general started treating her hackneyed, moralizing "won't someone think of the children" posturing as the single most important event to gaming since Pong, and declaring anyone daring to utter a single breath in disagreement as the living embodiment and proof of her every last Seduction of the Innocent claim.

Ogoid:

Murlin:

People only started "declaring her the Devil" when games media in general started treating her hackneyed, moralizing "won't someone think of the children" posturing as the single most important event to gaming since Pong, and declaring anyone daring to utter a single breath in disagreement as the living embodiment and proof of her every last Seduction of the Innocent claim.

You got your timeline backwards there pal.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here