Zero Punctuation: Halo Wars

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 21 NEXT

L
O
L

awesome!!!!!!!

great reveiw (s)

The unskippable review was just... annoying. Attempting to be Yahtzee and failing, with a slightly annoying voice to top it off. But that rant at the end was fucking hilarious. I like RTS's, even though I generally suck at them, but they can be incredibly frustrating XP

The unskippable guy was....decent at best. Granted, Yathzees appearance on unskippable was much the same.

Otherwise, Good review. And as someone who generally likes RTS's, I agree with a lot of the points he made about the flaws of the genre.

At least he didn't play Red Alert, where you have to kill every little little soldier/silo/outhouse on the map or the mission won't end, despite the fact the enemies entire army has been dead for a good hour.

Exceelent review, Graham was hilarious beyond words. Andd I completly agree with you on the bullshit of the mission you were on, though I still liked Halo Wars.

Best episode EVARR? Yes, it is. Watch after the credits! It's fucking funny!

Do a review on Sacrifice, it's somewhere in between RTS, RPG and Action. Plus, you get to blow stuff up with volcanos.
Also, the demons' review was the best ZP so far. :-D

That last minute or so of the review itself was hilarious. I have not laughed that hard at a ZP in ages. Plus the Unskippable vs. ZP fight was good.

I know Yahtzee wron't read this, but he needs to try RTS games on PCs for condeming them with a console retardation of the genre.

All of a sudden I want to play Starcraft. Also what the hell was with the unskipable guys hosting this at the beginning?

i love halo wars to bad this guy doesn't know jack about rts's and neither do most of you people

I actually considered the Unskippable dude coming into the review to be pretty funny. He pulled it off like Yahtzee did when he first was a Youtube dude with only 2 reviews. But now that Yahtzee is more popular then any of the shows, the comparison is what killed him. Also, Yahtzee did do pretty well in the Unskippable crossover. I thought the crossover was genius, but then again the thoughts of a misanthropic pill popper are usually as forgotten as the disemboweled teenage mothers in my house.

In answer to the question about RTS controls on Consoles: No, no they do not work. They never have, they never will.

by far your funniest review in a long time, thank you.
RTS suck balls anyway, i shall be avoiding this one as well

Holy crap, he was pissed off near the end. Biblical swearing then.

Until they start using the PS3 keyboard/mouse combo for console RTS's, they will never become a viable console genre. The controller just doesn't have enough mobility and preciseness to make it worth using when everyone has a perfectly good computer around.

/Good one Yahtzee

Grand_Poohbah:
I think your right about rts's not being able to adapt to console.

itls like a penguin in the desert they die

greyhairdgamer:
by far your funniest review in a long time, thank you.
RTS suck balls anyway, i shall be avoiding this one as well

only the bad ones suck ie supreme commander halo wars and other ones that suck

Skeleon:
Do a review on Sacrifice, it's somewhere in between RTS, RPG and Action. Plus, you get to blow stuff up with volcanos.
Also, the demons' review was the best ZP so far. :-D

ok game

Destroy Gundam:
The bit where the imps do a review caught me off guard. Which was the point, I suppose, so clever move there, Yahtzee.

I do agree with the review of Halo Wars. RTS games have always struck me as being almost tailor-made for the PC much in the same way fighting games seem almost tailor-made for consoles.

dont you mean made to suck since all are won by presing the kick button 50 times

(fighting games)

That was amazing. The guest review was also awesome. The imps at the end cracked me up, although they were completely random.

Yahtzee, your reviews of the last month have probably been a few of your best and I know, in the short foreseeable future, these will be some of the ones I replay again and again much like Clive Barker's Jericho.

Also, Yug's a nobody; made me snicker though I doubt not everyone got that joke.

Unlike all these other fanboys who hated that your voice was momentarily overridden by another voice from another Escapist thing, I enjoyed it and the jokes / criticism was still there just without the top hat and thick sarcasm.

To be honest, I had exactly the same troop selection problem mentioned in the video, until I found out that tapping the right trigger will allow you to scroll through all the different types of units you've currently selected. Why they never mention this anywhere in the game is an annoying mystery, since once you learn about this it cuts down the tedium of splitting your main force up to attack from multiple fronts considerably (my favorite use is to have all my aircraft fly straight to the enemy base and shell the shit out of it while my vehicles split up and shell the shit out of the same base from two or more different directions while the enemy forces are distracted by my aircraft shelling the shit out of them. And then I call in MAC blasts and air strikes. you can guess the rest).

I also would like to mention the annoying fact that there's no proper way to lower your troop count. If for instance I'm trying to build extra tanks or aircraft and I realize that I've hit the fairly arbitrary population cap, the only method I've been able to come up with to lower it is to select small groups of marines and send them in one at a time to die. This does have it's advantages, since it lets me force my soldiers as close to committing hara-kiri as the game allows, and gives my enemy high morale at the weakness of my army only for that hope to be absolutely crushed once an entire regiment of tanks drives right up their ass. But I still would rather have an easier and less time consuming method of recalling troops (and I could still do the hara-kiri tactic anyway if I wanted to).

Anyways, really enjoyed the video, hoping you'll review Mad World at some point.

Anyone else catch the Brandon Crisp reference? Apparantly Yahtzee fears neither man nor hell.

alex134219:

Destroy Gundam:
The bit where the imps do a review caught me off guard. Which was the point, I suppose, so clever move there, Yahtzee.

I do agree with the review of Halo Wars. RTS games have always struck me as being almost tailor-made for the PC much in the same way fighting games seem almost tailor-made for consoles.

dont you mean made to suck since all are won by presing the kick button 50 times

(fighting games)

I meant the intended method of control. Keyboard and mouse for RTS/PC, Controller for fighting/console.

Some games are good, others stink. It's all a matter of opinion.

Age of Mythology was the best RTS IMO. If you want to check it out, it's pretty easy aswell.
Funny stuff as always

I didn't really care for the rant at the end, mostly because it was about nothing other than frustration at his own incompetence.

Of course the day Yahtzee does more than pretend to pay attention to a Halo story is the day Valve makes one.

And there's the whole thing about Yahtzee blatantly ignoring (notably him saying that the d-pad is only for jumping between armies when a look at the control scheme would tell that it is also used to jump between bases, points of interest and the leader (Covenant) or leader powers(UNSC)).

Aside from his shortcomings as a reviewer the humor wasn't so great in this episode. Except for the imp thing, that was gold.

A big WTF?! When I started watching it until I saw the description. Well it's good to know that even the smartest of game genres can be dumbed down for the Halo Generation.

I think that was one of my favorite ZP reviews ever. It was absolutely hilarious. I was laughing through pretty much the entire thing. Also, it would seem that Yahtzee at least doesn't hate Unskippable.

That was really funny. I'm just glad he didn't really put down all RTS games because Red Alert 3 is my favourite game (not the ass-tacular expansion; the core game).

But yeah, Yahtzee got it down quite well.

Very funny! Keep it up!

I would like to point out you can select all of a certain type of unit... (just select all units, then hit the back right trigger... not sure why you can't move left with the left one, but you can cycle through units that way).

Otherwise, funny review.

I wish the guys from unskippable had more of a chance to review the game

I played the demo of halo wars and it wasn't that bad maybe if I played the entire game I may have liked it.

He had a few funny moments.

Starcraft is overhyped crap. I have two words for anyone who has been off the grid for the past decade: TOTAL ANNIHILATION

Also, RTS for console has always been an absolutely horrible idea.

Grahm aint half bad. All in all one of the best reviews i've seen in awhile.

Yahtzee this has got to be the best one you have done. I like how you and unskippable swapped, that was great he did do a good attempt at it, but the end of this review made me cryand gasp for air. Keep it up, and I would love to see this guest apperance again

I love C&C but not that muchh I have more fun blowing up nations lol

Wow, the number of Bans of the first page is... large ?

Good review as always tho your not telling us anything new that we cant get from renting a garbage truck and crushing cars with its lifter. It sounds good in the planing stages but when your being pulled off it kinda loses its taste.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here