Star and Stripe smiles confidently

My Hero Academia: Star And Stripe’s Power Explained

One of the major characters introduced in My Hero Academia Season 7 is Star and Stripe. A celebrated Pro Hero from the United States, Star and Stripe’s signature Quirk (or superpower) makes her one of the most powerful characters in the manga/anime series created by Kōhei Horikoshi.

Recommended Videos

What is Star and Stripe’s Power in My Hero Academia?

Star and Stripe stands in the wind

The name of Star and Stripe’s Quirk is New Order, and it’s one of the more unique powers seen in My Hero Academia. By touching an object, person, or environment and calling out its name, Star and Stripe can use this Quirk to change and manipulate its properties as she wishes. She can use this to change her own potential or affect the environment around her and the enemies in the immediate area.

For example, Star and Stripe used her Quirk to create a large construct of herself out of the air around her, capable of crushing her opponents under mighty blows as she controlled it. Similarly, Star and Stripe has used New Order to absorb lasers and missiles, redirecting their raw destructive energy and channeling it into her own attacks. To aid her in this capacity, Star and Stripe is often accompanied by fighter jets she can manipulate to bolster her own strength and has the American government have nuclear missiles on standby that she can take advantage of through New Order.

There are limits to New Order, with Star and Stripe having more difficulty using her Quirk to manipulate and control sentient targets because their own sense of self tends to distort her power. Understandably, then, Star and Stripe prefers using her Quirk on inanimate objects as they are far easier to control.

My Hero Academia Season 7 began with the Japanese Pro Heroes on the defensive after the sinister machinations of the evil All For One, which prompts Star and Stripe to lead a strike force. She decides to assist Japan in restoring order and fighting back against the rampaging supervillains.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Who Is Star and Stripe In My Hero Academia? Explained
Read Article Is Dragon Ball Super Coming Back? Answered
Gohan in his Beast form in Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.
Read Article Is There a Jujutsu Kaisen Season 3 Release Date on Netflix?
Gojo being trapped in the Prison Realm in Jujutsu Kaisen
Related Content
Read Article Who Is Star and Stripe In My Hero Academia? Explained
Read Article Is Dragon Ball Super Coming Back? Answered
Gohan in his Beast form in Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.
Read Article Is There a Jujutsu Kaisen Season 3 Release Date on Netflix?
Gojo being trapped in the Prison Realm in Jujutsu Kaisen
Author
Sam Stone
Sam Stone is a longtime entertainment news journalist and columnist, covering everything from movies and television to video games and comic books. Sam also has bylines at CBR, Popverse, Den of Geek, GamesRadar+, and Marvel.com. He's been a freelance contributor with The Escapist since October 2023, during which time he's covered Mortal Kombat, Star Trek, and various other properties. Sam remembers what restful sleep was. But that was a long time ago.