There Will Be Brawl: Episode Five

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

orannis62:

hopeneverdies:
Bit late, but I don't care, the plot really moved along. Huge cliffhanger, whoever it is really disembowels their victims. And I really like the idea of the new jobs for all the minor female characters. No I am not perverted, it just fits with the show, somehow. Probably don't wanna look too hard into Malon's bit though.

I know, I practically gaped at the screen when I saw that they included Saria and Telma, such attention to detail! I didn't notice Malon, however (she wasn't the woman Mario was fighting over, was she? I know they said her name but I couldn't make it out).

The girl that Mario was fighting over was Pauline, the girl you were rescuing in the original Donkey Kong games.

cheevocabra:

orannis62:

hopeneverdies:
Bit late, but I don't care, the plot really moved along. Huge cliffhanger, whoever it is really disembowels their victims. And I really like the idea of the new jobs for all the minor female characters. No I am not perverted, it just fits with the show, somehow. Probably don't wanna look too hard into Malon's bit though.

I know, I practically gaped at the screen when I saw that they included Saria and Telma, such attention to detail! I didn't notice Malon, however (she wasn't the woman Mario was fighting over, was she? I know they said her name but I couldn't make it out).

The girl that Mario was fighting over was Pauline, the girl you were rescuing in the original Donkey Kong games.

...And now the entire episode suddenly makes 400% more sense.

The costumes are simply amazing

Dee Dee Dee seemed reminicent of Al Swearengen from Deadwood, adding +100 to this shows awesome factor.

Ganondorf seems alot more mysterious but also more like a traditional mob boss.

I can't decide who I like more.

This series needs to be on DVD. I'd buy that for a dollar! Cookie for who guesses that quote, though its not that hard.

Every time the murders are mentioned I find myself wracking my brain to figure out who would be the disembowler? (It's tricky 'cause I have to think figuratively too; never before had I thought of Kirby as a cannibal, but it does make sense)

this is actually a damned amazing series. good parody escapist.

Wow crazy stuff. I am really enjoying this series. I was mouth agape for the last few minutes. Mario with the hammer and poor Dee-dee-dee. He was alright.

Excellent episode, once again, I love all the roles the characters are filling.

This was pretty amazing.
When King Dedede said "Mario just needs pick me up" was it meant to be a referance to Mario RPG?

Also, how come Diddy Kong was played by a woman?

Frakkin' awesome work as always guys, love this series and it was worth the extra wait for it. Just wondering but who were the female characters at that club? The only one I know off the bat was Samus but the others I'm drawing a blank on.

As for the fight, I kinda had a feeling Mario was gonna end up killing someone sooner or later...

FrogDude14:
My friends and I always joke around and say Olimar "enslaves" the pikmin, and that is what I expected, but for Olimar to chop 'em up like that scared me. Great episode, whoever killed Dedede must DIE! Unless it's Kirby :)

Nooooo. If it's who I think it is, I don't want them to die!

The only playable charicters yet to show are:

Bowser
Toon Link
Yoshi

Pesonaly I think the killer is either Master Hand or Tabuu. and that he stuffs his victems bodys and makes them like there statues.

dalek sec:
Frakkin' awesome work as always guys, love this series and it was worth the extra wait for it. Just wondering but who were the female characters at that club? The only one I know off the bat was Samus but the others I'm drawing a blank on.

As for the fight, I kinda had a feeling Mario was gonna end up killing someone sooner or later...

Malon was the 'farm girl' from the Legend of Zelda games. Probably first seen in Ocarina of Time, reappears in Majora's Mask. She was the one trying to take Luigi's coat.

Lyn was the blue haired girl from the Fire Emblem series. I know nothing about her except from her appearance as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. She was seen chilling with Little Mac.

Telma was the slightly chubbier girl seen in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Her appearance is distinct in the game, and you'll easily see the similarities once you compare them. with the one in the show. Seen in a bunch of scenes, most notably she's telling Dedede about his appointment twice.

Pauline was the 'princess' girl that Mario rescued in the orginal Donkey Kong games. I believe both of them also made an appearence in an old cartoon show. Nowadays, people go "Pauline? Who's that?" and think it's a mistake for Peach. Obviously, the bartender girl in the episode.

There's several others who also make a one-time appearance. Rosalina was in there, and so was Saria (playing Lost Woods music, duh!). There's a couple more I can't remember right now.

Basically, the writers are big fans, they pay attention to those little details, and gave minor characters some 'fairly realistic' roles if the Nintendo world was turned upsidedown. Yeah, they all became strippers.

Dedede was excellent. I really wish he hadn't died. Now my favorite is back at Ganondorf. I love all of the obscure references this parody provides. Truly a good series and definitely worth the wait if it means each episode is of this quality.

dalek sec:

As they went into the club they were playing Saria's song. Guess who the girl in green was. Most of the ones I could easily identify were from zelda.

Oh my god fatal PHP error and I lost my like 3 paragraphs of basically me completely praising the crap out of this one that I really don't feel like rewriting because it's 230 am here...

To sum up, best episode yet, Olimar's great, Dedede WAS great, love the music, fight scene was better, can't wait until next month, you all rock.

Also Link is a tremendous dick.

Edit: Slew of Legend of Zelda characters at the strip club: brilliant!

jboking:

As they went into the club they were playing Saria's song. Guess who the girl in green was. Most of the ones I could easily identify were from zelda.

Um who was she? I've never really played any of the Zelda games before.

YurdleTheTurtle:

Malon was the 'farm girl' from the Legend of Zelda games. Probably first seen in Ocarina of Time, reappears in Majora's Mask. She was the one trying to take Luigi's coat.

Lyn was the blue haired girl from the Fire Emblem series. I know nothing about her except from her appearance as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. She was seen chilling with Little Mac.

Telma was the slightly chubbier girl seen in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Her appearance is distinct in the game, and you'll easily see the similarities once you compare them. with the one in the show. Seen in a bunch of scenes, most notably she's telling Dedede about his appointment twice.

Pauline was the 'princess' girl that Mario rescued in the orginal Donkey Kong games. I believe both of them also made an appearence in an old cartoon show. Nowadays, people go "Pauline? Who's that?" and think it's a mistake for Peach. Obviously, the bartender girl in the episode.

There's several others who also make a one-time appearance. Rosalina was in there, and so was Saria (playing Lost Woods music, duh!). There's a couple more I can't remember right now.

Basically, the writers are big fans, they pay attention to those little details, and gave minor characters some 'fairly realistic' roles if the Nintendo world was turned upsidedown. Yeah, they all became strippers.

Ah I see, I knew these guys really pay close attention to the details which why sometimes I'm left scratching my head like some dopey kid but other than I still love this series and can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks "jobking" and "YurdleTheTurtle".

dalek sec:

jboking:

Um who was she? I've never really played any of the Zelda games before.

She was Saria, but I think Yurdle got that through pretty well. oh and Lyn, the girl from fire emblem that was with mac, she was one of the main protagonists from the first North American fire emblem game. She was born a nomad and wondered until she met the player, she finds out she is royalty and is the rightful owner of a really cool sword.

Ok so the death toll remains at
Wolf
DK (I assume)
Dedede
and possibly Peach.

I predict that the killer is the Wii fit.

The Wii fit embodies the transition of Nintendo from its heyday to its current dark times of casual gaming, where the old franchises are being abandoned (killed off as it were).

YurdleTheTurtle:

dalek sec:

Cheers for that. That helps a lot :)

This series keeps getting better and better. I think it's inched past ZeroPunctuation and is coming in on Unskippable...

Eric the Orange:

Bowser
Toon Link
Yoshi

Personally I think the killer is either Master Hand or Tabuu. and that he stuffs his victims bodys and makes them like there statues.

We also have not seen Sheik Lucas or Ness... Personally I think it's Yoshi, especially after they way they handled Kirby's "swallowing" people as being evil, Yoshi does a fairly similar thing. Sheik is also possible since now Zelda is the "acting princess" she has the motive but not the capabilities I think. I don't believe Toon Link actually exists in this universe since they already have the real link. So that leaves Ness and Lucas also who we haven't seen at all, but psychopathic killers? they don't seem to fit. Soo....
I blame it all on Yoshi :P

Edit: I see now that ness and lucas were i the end of episode 4, it was just so short I didn't notice.

I think it's Yoshi as well. But Zelda sneaking around as Sheik will probably be an important part of the plot.
Lucas and Ness have already showed up briefly in episode 4.

I just watched every episode so far today, definatly worth it. The costumes are amazing and the minor details just make this epic. Can't wait for next episode to come out! :D

Excellent episode, joy from start to finish - and great pengiun custome.

Arelion:

Eric the Orange:

Bowser
Toon Link
Yoshi

Personally I think the killer is either Master Hand or Tabuu. and that he stuffs his victims bodys and makes them like there statues.

We also have not seen Sheik Lucas or Ness... Personally I think it's Yoshi, especially after they way they handled Kirby's "swallowing" people as being evil, Yoshi does a fairly similar thing. Sheik is also possible since now Zelda is the "acting princess" she has the motive but not the capabilities I think. I don't believe Toon Link actually exists in this universe since they already have the real link. So that leaves Ness and Lucas also who we haven't seen at all, but psychopathic killers? they don't seem to fit. Soo....
I blame it all on Yoshi :P

Edit: I see now that ness and lucas were i the end of episode 4, it was just so short I didn't notice.

Lucas and Ness are seen at the end of episode 4. And shiek is the same person as zelda, so see one you've seen bouth.

Until today, I never imagined I could be freaked out by the set of Pikmin.
But that's forgivable thanks to that awesome bar fight! That and the brilliant costumes.

Fantastic. The writing was superb, it only seems to get better as the story progresses. The costumes and character selection were excellent as well, with just a couple hiccups (olimar's nose, DK's mask exposing some skin during the fight scene.)

Only a couple criticisms: The sound was wonky, going from way too loud to almost silent. I don't know if that was just an oversight in final editing, or something that came up during the upload. The acting also didn't seem all quite there this week. Something about the dialog, with Mario especially, just seemed off. Still, the best series I've seen online... ever. Keep it up.

Link is so behind everything. Convenient how he's managed to get himself in charge and Zelda as princess, isn't it.
Perhaps he's got Yoshi working for him as the serial killer

Freaking amazing. The pikmin scene was probably the darkest in the series so far.

Sheik as the serial murderer would make sense mostly- if it's Zelda's kingdom, she'd want to clean it up. What better way, in her limited understanding, to do it than knocking off the mafia dons like Mewtwo and Dedede? Bowser or Ganon might be next on the list of murders.

What doesn't make sense though is that why would she murder Roy, who would have been another loyal underling on the police force? Also, this series is about parodies of the characters, and I don't know if Shiek has any kind of capacity to do that. My guess for the murderer is Yoshi or Master Hand. He loves his statues.

Excellent, well worth the wait.
"You're on stage, go get Epona." Priceless.

This was so worth the wait, this series deserves to be FAR more popular than it is

Wait... a certain character seems to lag behind when Dedede gets left alone. I don't see any motive this character would have, though...
Great episode, though. Worth the agonizing wait, and chock full of references for all of us Nintendo geeks.

That ending was... surprising. I didn't think he'd get disemboweled until the next episode.

Worth the wait. Awesome.

I really, really hope that when the series is finished we'll be able to get it on DVD.

I'm just glad you got hold of a barrel for Donkey Kong to throw!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here