Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Infiniteloop:
Am I the only one who originally thought the ghoul was a girl?

edit: I think it is a girl, why would a guy be wearing a sun dress in the story?

It's called Willy, so I assumed it was male, albeit a very camp male. As for why they'd be wearing a sundress... men sometimes wear women's clothes? I dunno, I see one of the creators kicking around in this topic, maybe he could give us a clue one way or t'other.

I think my comment from last week stands - it's good, perhaps not the best thing I've ever seen, but absolutely watchable... you can consider me a regular viewer.

Awesome man, very funny. I've loved both episodes so far, keep it up =]

Heh, I'd love to see more of this kind of humor, great work so far my friend :D

Improved a bit, but still not funny. Too much gay, too little actual story...

Man, I love that cat way, way more than I should.

It wasn't very funny, and the censor gag was overdone (it's a joke that has to end with surgical precision, otherwise it gets boring), but I'm still willing to watch the next episodes to see if it improves.

I also think the zombie thing would be much funnier if it was a girl that just looks gay rather than just gay. I mean, listen to me, guys. Gay jokes are beneath you. YOU CAN DO IT. BELIEVE IT.

I do enjoy this, just thinking that if we had alittle more detail/story on the characters before going into things like this would be better. If you understand what I mean.

Was I the only one who noticed that the zombie said (roughly) "I had long golden hair and I was wearing a sun dress"? I don't think that the zombie is gay, but actually was a female. Unless eh was just a cross dresser.

This doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting, this episode was very funny.

Definately better than last week.

funny as hell. keep up the good work

A huge improvement on the first episode, will watch next week to see if this continues to improve.

Duude, can someone invent some rules for apocalypse poker?

RAWKSTAR:
I do enjoy this, just thinking that if we had alittle more detail/story on the characters before going into things like this would be better. If you understand what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. We tossed around the idea of explaining everything about how the neighborhood got there and what happened to cause nuclear fallout right from the start. We ultimately decided to NOT reveal anything, but to slowly reveal things about what happened to this world over the course of the series rather than all at once. I think it's a decision that, when it's all said and done, I hope will have been the right one. :)

-Jon

Triple G:
Duude, can someone invent some rules for apocalypse poker?

That would be AWESOME!!! That could actually be a fun flash game to play online with other Escapist members. :)

I didn't laugh at the first one,and wasn't up for giving this a second chance.
But i'm so glad i did, this one had me laughing, willy's story and everyones faces. Brilliant.
Will be looking forward to the next one.

I didn't think I'd check back this week, because I did not enjoy last weeks video, but I was bored so I figured, what the hell. Anyways, I'm glad I did, it's still meh, but it's improved enough to make me actually want to give it another try.

Not too bad this week, I bet it will get better though. The part that made me laugh was "But then the water hose stopped working so we switched to a *BEEEEEEEEEEP*"

Definately a regular now. Need a few more episodes before deciding on a favorite character tho. Perhaps slug man will show his face friday.

i can read lips...and willy i'll be your %$@@#* $$#@#$ chap-wearin' $%#@@! &^*%$...you can call me frank if it helps...as for the toon...is there a reference to some game i just don't know about...i thought all the vids on this site were game related...some fallout jokes/references (decent ones) were missed obviously...why?...couldn't they have been betting with fission batteries, cherry bombs, and other fallout items?...have them sippin on nuka cola or munchin on "junk food"...couldn't one of the old flames have been from somewhere in the wasteland...these are off the top of my head at 3 am...i'm sure there are other post apocalypse games they could have referenced also...how do you even call on a cracker raise?the expaination behind that could have been funnier than them all being impressed with a saltine...don't get me wrong, i like the show...i'll watch it as long as i can get away with it at work...i just hate to agree with the elitist-a@@hole-self-procaimed-critics who are so "meh" about this series and take the time to be one of the first ones to post just so they can talk shit...dorks

man i can draw and right better then this guy

I thought this one was quite funny. It's still a bit mainstream but good for some light entertainment.

herio:
man i can draw and right better then this guy

Is that a joke? I can't tell if you're purposely making grammatical errors or you're just illiterate.

TONNES BETTER THAN LAST WEEK! Seriously last week I was thinking that this was never going to catch on, but a big improvement this episode.

Littlenorwegians:

"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

I just noticed that,its called WILLY thats abit disappointing,I thought it was some horrible maned 17 year old girl or something,the fact its another gay high pitched...thing is a real let down.

Beltom1066:
The beginning was a bit slow but I couldn't help laughing when that zombie started telling it's story. Better than lasts weeks but could still use some work.

omg i agree roflmao

I miss Frank...
Oh god D:

A hell of a lot better than last week. It was kind of painful to watch some of the very basic animation in the first episode, but in a sit-down setting, you can let the jokes make up for visual shortcomings. That said, I'm not looking forward to the gay zombie character, because the only thing I could imagine him being used for is "eww homos are gross" jokes, and that got old when I got out of middle school. Ah well, definitely getting better, though.

Oh, and a Post-script- I can't get that goddamned theme song out of my head.

That was a lot better than the pilot ep. I was laughing all the time the zombie was talking.

Oh, and nice ref. to the Garbage Pal Kids - they were awesome.

It was okay, but when the zombie started telling his story...
I couldn't help but laugh to tears.
"************ but then the water hose broke, so we switched to a ************"

Fantastic! I couldn't keep from laughing :D

another chance, if not im whining

It wasn't perfect by any means, but there's a lot of potential and it's got a lot of charm. I shall be sure to keep watching.

Undeadpope:

Littlenorwegians:

"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

I just noticed that,its called WILLY thats abit disappointing,I thought it was some horrible maned 17 year old girl or something,the fact its another gay high pitched...thing is a real let down.

Hey, what was that chicks name in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? :)

Clearly better then the last one.

Picking up.

Better than last week, I really like the characters but the episodes are not so funny.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here