Zero Punctuation: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I agree at the women thing at the end, in every detail!

almost....

Aw poor yahtzee, he got burned.

There there, us lady folk aren't all manipulative evil things!
have a hug!
*hugs

(BWA HA AH AHA HAAA HAAA)

Could've sworn this was supposed to be a Sims 3 review, not a Sims review. Also, the humor was lacking. I was expecting something absolutely funny. Sigh, it seems plain vitriol isn't enough to entertain me anymore. Well, that's a few minutes of my life spirited away watching that below-average video. The only thing I learned about The Sims 3 from that review is the missing content to be released later.

The throat infection made him speak slower and he was easier to understand than normal but this video is pretty much what Zero Punctuation has become, a humourless rant on games just for the sake of ranting although Yahtzee still does bring up some good points.

Basically he's lost interest in Zero Punctuation because it's just like any other job, it becomes a complete grind once the honeymoon period is over and Zero Punctuation's honeymoon period was over a long long time ago.

Yahtzee's on the descent and I think both he and his viewers know it. His contract with The Escapist is probably finished sometime this year and I think Yahtzee is now just going to make videos as part of his contractual obligations rather than as something he enjoys doing so I expect to see a very noticeable decline in quality until he eventually leaves The Escapist.

I also don't know if anything if Yahtzee's personal life has affected his mindset during this video, whether it is disputes with The Escapist or the end of his relationship with his long-term girlfriend but he seemed unfocused and spiteful.

MrPop:

whaleswiththumbs:

Seedofbilly:
Summer games drought... to be fair there is Red Faction: Guerilla, Overlord 2, The Conduit and a few others you could have ripped apart

Red Faction: Guerilla=(cheap) Doom Remake
Overlord 2= Medieval Sims 3(with the specific purpose to be evil)
The Conduit= Another(yawn) shooter

Yes, I am also sad there are no Trilby hats. Maks me kindof sad, I can't make a Yahtzee and torture him.

Red Faction: Guerilla a "cheap Doom remake" O_O

What on Earth do you mean? Red Faction is a 3rd person game that plays on a high amount of physics and destructive environment and Doom is a classic FPS about demons on Mars. The only similarity is that they are both set on Mars... I hardly think that counts as a remake. Or else CoD would be a remake of International Superstar Soccer '98 for N64 because they are both set on planet Earth.

+1 to that and

Seedofbilly:

Overlord 2= Medieval Sims 3(with the specific purpose to be evil)

Exactly the same as red faction. You can click your mouse (on a pc) and minions go where you want. And that's all that's the same between those two games. And to rephrase it as the previous poster... It's like C&C and COD you click in both games.

Whow...I never thought of it that way and now since he told us I actually believe him...

Are we rly the puppets? Cause we satisfy their needs and that w.e we want they have to obey us as slaves? This game IS EVIL o_o!!! Lol!!!

We have to do game objectives. That means we are the puppets of the games, amirite?

I liked the "You are the slave" bit, since it's quite true, but overall I think that this week's review was a tad gross.

yeah so basicly iv never commented on any of ZP's vidoes dispite having watched them since he was just a youtube gittersnipe with a couple of yellow swatches. (i still love the Fable review)

anyway im just going to say that this review keeps up the usual standard of quoteability that makes ZP just so addicting.

i myself have stolen his style of videomaking (even though i made a movie about World War I in almost the same exact movie style in 2006), and have made several videos that if Yahtzee ever saw and commented on, i would piss myself simply so i could say i did.

...... well thats embarrassing.

anyway, well done Yahtzee. keep up the excllent work of makeing excllent reviews. i think your awesome, and wish you the best.

........ you have failed to resond to all 4 of my fan mails, but thats ok. i'll asume your busy with being awesome or something.

I will say this i have never played or plan on playing the sims, but my girlfriend does and more then once i have heard her say " oh my god it is like real life" that was enough to scare me away from it.

Ah, Yahtzee, you make me laugh. I would have been offended at your misogynist rant at the end, but I learned long ago that, with ZP, nothing is worth getting worked up about.

Wish he'd review The Path. I know it's only for PC, but so was the Sims...his thoughts on it could be unfair and/or untrue, but they're guaranteed to be fularious.

I expected sims 3. This video was full of truth.

I thought he was losing his touch for a few episodes there, but Yahtzee's made a comeback. Great review. Probably one of my favourites so far.

Yay! I liked that one again. For me, the last few reviews weren't that great, but this one was finally really funny again. Then again, the Sims make it easy to mock them.

Yes, I play the Sims, and yes, I am well aware of the irony... but for some odd reason, a simplified version of real-life routine filled with caricatures raving on and on in an incomprehensible tongue is far more fun to me than the real real-life routine. ;)

Pfft. Any heterosexual male knows that women are evil, and the only way to escape that without reverting to homosexuality is to become a sadistic, smelly introvert. Yahtzee doing a good job as always.

Little too much personal detail in that one I think. But he's only stating what most blokes should already know by the end of puberty.

Inarticulate_Underachiever:

I also don't know if anything if Yahtzee's personal life has affected his mindset during this video, whether it is disputes with The Escapist or the end of his relationship with his long-term girlfriend but he seemed unfocused and spiteful.

How is that any different from normal?

Yahtzee as brilliant as ever.

Sort of like how in Naruto, when the anime had to sit around avoiding plot for a while, and they embarked on a horrifyingly long bout of filler episodes, this was unnecessary.

Although I'm sure it happened anyway for the same reasons.

Sounds like someone need a hug, and some vallume and a really good hooker and a great big bag of kittens!

-M

Inarticulate_Underachiever:
The throat infection made him speak slower and he was easier to understand than normal but this video is pretty much what Zero Punctuation has become, a humourless rant on games just for the sake of ranting although Yahtzee still does bring up some good points.

Basically he's lost interest in Zero Punctuation because it's just like any other job, it becomes a complete grind once the honeymoon period is over and Zero Punctuation's honeymoon period was over a long long time ago.

Yahtzee's on the descent and I think both he and his viewers know it. His contract with The Escapist is probably finished sometime this year and I think Yahtzee is now just going to make videos as part of his contractual obligations rather than as something he enjoys doing so I expect to see a very noticeable decline in quality until he eventually leaves The Escapist.

*sigh* this makes me sad... mostly because I agree with a lot of it... *sadness* though I still think the series is funny, this particular episode didn't bring many giggles.

I was also very surprised to find Yahtzee reviewing Sims 3. It is my fav review so far. So much so that I created an account to state how very much I enjoyed it. I love how Yahtzee ripped into the very point of playing Sims by describing how little play sims actually allows.

Well looks like we shall have Ghostbusters to look forward too soon... Cant wait.

There was too much angry misogyny in this one for it to be funny to me. This is the first time I wanted to turn ZP off before it finished and the first one to leave me, well, not to the level of pissed off, but definitely at the "..." stage.

Yahtzee, one of your best so far. The recent videos have been making me laugh more I have expected. Bravo! Some classic lines in this one. Anyway, I can get it all zapped into my brain Chuck-style, so I can flash humerous quotes up at appropriate moments?

What was that?

Ah, such a pity.

The Sims is The Matrix, you realize.

Yeesh. This episode was kind of creepy...

I know that by page 8 no one generally reads the comments anymore but I gotta get this off my chest.

I've been off work recovering from an operation and have spent a lot of time playing The Sims (THE ORIGINAL).. I should mention at this point that I am male, so it's not as much of an exclusively female game as most people think it is... but then I am gay so that kind of fucks that up a bit.

Thing is, a lot of what Yahtzee said in this review really made me release what a complete waste of bloody time it's all been.
When I'm not playing it I'll be really looking forward to it, but as soon as I actually load up the game all the 'wrongness' Yahtzee describes keeps creeping into it and you just can't shake the feeling that you're not having as much fun as you tell yourself you're having.

Having Mr. Crowshaw actually SAY these things that have been lurking in the back of my skull has convinced me to just leave the bloody game alone and do something else with my life, so thanks... even though he won't read this of course. Or anyone else probably.

Frankly if you read through that whole mess then you have my eternal respect.

neuromantic:
I know that by page 8 no one generally reads the comments anymore but I gotta get this off my chest.

I've been off work recovering from an operation and have spent a lot of time playing The Sims (THE ORIGINAL).. I should mention at this point that I am male, so it's not as much of an exclusively female game as most people think it is... but then I am gay so that kind of fucks that up a bit.

Thing is, a lot of what Yahtzee said in this review really made me release what a complete waste of bloody time it's all been.
When I'm not playing it I'll be really looking forward to it, but as soon as I actually load up the game all the 'wrongness' Yahtzee describes keeps creeping into it and you just can't shake the feeling that you're not having as much fun as you tell yourself you're having.

Having Mr. Crowshaw actually SAY these things that have been lurking in the back of my skull has convinced me to just leave the bloody game alone and do something else with my life, so thanks... even though he won't read this of course. Or anyone else probably.

Frankly if you read through that whole mess then you have my eternal respect.

I have to agree. Generally, when I played Sims 2, I was either wasting time not having fun doing all the 'proper' things, or turning the game into a 'Make your own adult film' sort of thing with some mods.

I'm glad I uninstalled it.

bob-2000:

ForgottenPr0digy:
dude WTF
I was like OK a review on this game and then he loses me at the end about women being evil?

I'm not evil... (sulks in corner)
lol, good review anyway. I finally know why it is that The Sims totally creeps me out.

I'm not sure if you are evil or not it depends if you are a women or not

Yeah the review was good but the rant at end was kinda weird even for Yateez

Am I the only one who didn't like this video?

jericu:
It was alright, but I found the review a bit lacking in the comedy department this time around. It was entertaining, just didn't have that same level of humor his other reviews had.

I agree .. this one was more vicious and a bit offensive against women .. ie me. Yes I play Sims, yes I play WoW but I also play other 'cooler' games .. that doesnt make me a pathetic 'casual gamer'.

Normally I love Yahtzees stuff but this one wasnt so much a review of the sims as a hate tirade. :(
Cheer up son

hahahaha.

Oh man. Every point was perfect truth.

Poor Yahtzee girlfriend, would seem his girlfriend has left him.

Welcome to bachelorhood. Allow me to be your guide. There is the dining room and there is your big, empty, spacious bed. If you need me I'll be attempting to drown myself in the bathtub.

Huh.

Say what you will, Yahtzee, it still entertains millions.

Interesting review. I never played any of these resource management sims, Civilization, SimCity, etc and the Sims also did not appeal to me. Actually, that's not true. i played Dungeon keeper 2 for about twenty second before deciding there was something terrible on television I'd rather watch instead.

It's nice to know the most recent edition of the Sims has the marketing down with the downloadable content and such. I never really thought about how the player is the real plaything trying to fulfill all the simulated people's wants and needs. but that is an interesting angle and probably why the genre appeals to me about as much a a vasectomy performed with a garden weasel.

I'm not happy with the comments about women--- are most Sims players female?-- or the snipes at casual gaming. I must be retarded, but I thought Yahtzee was above that sort of thing.

*gives yahtzee some cough medicine* get well, old champ.

I just realized that yahtzee has some power over me. He could stand in front of me and crap at me with his mouth and I would stand there taking is while laughing my heart out... Or is that a good thing..?

Wow, this was really awesome, I can actually recognise a lot of the elements in his rants to what I myself have con sieved from hours of Sims 2 gameplay. Well done, it was elegant and nicely put, well some of it at the least :]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 16992)