Unskippable: Prototype

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Great unskippable, especially since i have this game :P Can't wait for next time.

ForgottenPr0digy:
dark sector,MGS4 and prototype

are the weird arms trilogy

No love for Bionic Commando?

Glad to see yet another visit to the Olive Garden by the characters, awesome episode guys.

high_castle:
I liked the gameplay of Prototype, but it's a testament to its bad cinematics that the first thought I had upon seeing the first cutscene was, This would make a good Unskippable. And I was right. Great job, guys.

Ditto. I've never played the game, but I saw the opening cinematic on YouTube and immediately thought "How much longer before Graham and Paul riff this one?".

Now, there's a jump you don't want to misjudge. eeeewwwwwwwww *shivers* HA! great one. Next do GTA 4, it's a somewhat long one.

[edit] GoGo gadget spikey bits. HAHAHAHA! I can't believe I forgot that one when I posted.

Finally; I've been waiting for this Unskippable for just about as long as it's been out. Minus Metal Gear August of course.

"My name is Alex Mercer."

"Hi Alex."

For I am Alex Mercer, IRS auditor.

You know I just realized something, the IRS is probably more scary and more powerful than most video game protagonists and yet you never play as them.

Koyaanisqatsi joke was win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBijDU8PpE for those who aren't sure what the fuck Koyaanisqatsi is.

Lono Shrugged:
More Spaceballs references. I love it.

Wait was the line referencing spaceballs?

I've been waiting for this one along time now. You did not disappoint but it was not as funny as me and my friend riffing on it while I played the first few of many glorious minutes of that game. Anyway great one as usual.

"And then a Horde of Micheal Jackson Tribute Fans rushed them out of nowhere."

Another Great episode.

Great job you guys. Thanks for all the badges!

I love it how as soon as I see the huge arm I think Jack Krauser in Re4. Then the rocket launcher comes out and yep, they do the RE boss fight trick joke!

Great Job.

I feel sooo special for getting the Koyaanisqatsi bit :P

Thank you college!

Ok, possibly I'm the only one but isn't the girl at 2:35 really really cute. Aaaaaaaaaand then they shoot her.
Why do the women I like always end up dead.

The joke about the "Weird Arms Trilogy" refers to Bionic Commando, Dark Sector and Prototype.

How are you guys forgetting Bionic Commando? That's the one with all the arm jokes.

After hearing people's views on Prototype here and there, I expected quite a bad game. I was was happy to discover that most people's somewhat negative opinions of Prototype, differed from mine. So far it's a very good game.

Awwww.... I don't want Neil Patrick Harris to die....
Other than that, great one!

Father Time:

Lono Shrugged:
More Spaceballs references. I love it.

Wait was the line referencing spaceballs?

"FOOOOOLEEED YOUUUUU."

They quoted it once or twice before so there is precedent.

This was the funniest one in a while, I haven't laughed that hard at this since..... Dead Rising? wow...

I've been waiting for you guys to do this, and you did not dissapoint.

I am, however, rather surprised that you didn't reference the episode you did on "The Bouncer." The whole "guys who can only move by breaking things" line really fits Alex (who even breaks the ground when he runs).

Either way, I think I need to go do something else. My chest hurts a bit from laughing.

You guys can take even the darkest, most serious game cutscenes and turn them into something hilarious. Bravo.

iamq:
"My name is Alex Mercer."

"Hi Alex."

EnzoHonda:
Koyaanisqatsi joke was win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBijDU8PpE for those who aren't sure what the fuck Koyaanisqatsi is.

God damn it. I got tag team ninja'd!

Definitely the two best quotes this episode.

great vid

great game

all around great (except of course..the...drawn...out...intro

Wonderful vid this time, you guys keep getting better and better

honestly not my cup of tea. its just a bit difficult to make fun of a good cutscene which i found this to be.

"Fooled you!"

Evil will always win, because good is dumb. NAILED the Dark Helmet bit, guys. Hilarious go-around yet again.

We're giving out free hugs. *Getting shot* A simple no would've worked.

LOLS. Loved that part especially

Chrissyluky:
honestly not my cup of tea. its just a bit difficult to make fun of a good cutscene which i found this to be.

We get this feedback a lot, and I've got to say I disagree (which I imagine is hardly surprising).

It doesn't have to be a bad cutscene to make jokes about it, it just has to take itself seriously, which this definitely does.
We've made fun of scenes I've thought were great, but that doesn't mean we can't poke fun at them.

I think the issue comes from actually wanting to watch good scenes. I've noticed this when watching some Rifftrax on movies I like, when I get really into the film the Rifftrax sort of gets in the way.

I guess what I'm saying is, I accept that someone won't find a given episode funny if they think the scene is good, but I put that onus on the viewer.

Hmm I'm unable to view it...

I'm having the same problem with a bunch of videos.

A 'no' would work but apparently running away screaming gives mixed messages.

Any'un else like the super-arm sub-genre?
"Kazuma!" "Ryuho!"

You know, this video can teach us all that we need to keep our friends close, and our Kill Squads closer :)

Keep em coming guys!

"Surprise Hug From Behind!!!"

video overlay is broken, can't see video. same thing in IE and FF with all add-ons' disabled (and no add-on's in IE).

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here