Unskippable: Genji: Days of the Blade

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Great again lads. Unskippable always cheers me up when I'm down. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Hellenion

Stabby Joe:
Is this the game that contains the fabled GIANT ENEMY CRAB?!

Yep! I was waiting for the 'For Massive Damage' joke.

To steal a joke from Charlie Brooker... Despite all this talk about genocide ,this less politically aware than Noam Chomsky: Days of the Blade which was released last year.

"Ancient Japanese Deathstar"? That was hilarious, as was the "Swift End Music" bit. Good job on this one guys!

But that narrator at the beginning was really hard to understand, so thank goodness for subtitles.

But I admit that that part at the end is true far too often. If you want us to accept someone's evil, give us some proof.

GrahamS:
Perhaps games like Too Human? Prototype? Red Faction?

Dude. You should totally do those games. That would be hilarOH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

GrahamS:

Woodsey:
Maybe we could have some more mainstream games? I know, I know, booo to me I like western games.

How about a plate-full of looking like a nob for me? xD

Just looked at the back-catalogue as it were, my bad. I could of sworn the last 3 weeks at least were Japanese titles. Must of been a different site/set of vids/I'm making it all up, my bad!

One of the funniest yet. I actually lol'd a few times.

"Really? I thought that was just how Japan sounded at night."

Quite funny, as usual. I loved how the narrator woman at the beginning was unable to decide whether she wanted an English, American, or Japanese accent.

Agree with all positive above comments. I've been watching these for awhile and found this the most I've laughed at in a long time. Not that the rest have been bad, but one is fantastic. Well played Graham and Paul.

I know it was put out as a joke but I'm gonna say this anyway. It wasn't "ethnic genocide" but rather trying to wipe out the "evil empires" army.

lol really funny

"hold hold hold and down"

"Oh my god, they've killed the kid from the Dreamworks Logo! Bastards!"

"California?"

Furburt:
The amount of Japanese words in the opening part of the cinematic had me going 'what?' half the time. 'Cleverly diguised San Andreas Expansion?' was also funny.

I agree, the whole opening had me going "what?" with every other word being Japanese or a Japanese name...

well I gese this stuf is what we have to put up with seeing as how Japan is the bigest game contrey in the world, hiring people who cant be under stood.

"I'll leave at once; this is me leaving now"
For some reason that just cracked me up. Good job guys.

I avoided these videos before. I don't know why. I just started watching them (a few now) and these are fantastic.

Sort of like Mystery Science Theater 3000. Really great stuff.

omg guys the California joke was so horrible....yet Im still laughing :P

Great video, its always fun to laugh at cliche-y things

I am AFK:
well I gese this stuf is what we have to put up with seeing as how Japan is the bigest game contrey in the world, hiring people who cant be under stood.

Hey, Japan is only the second-largest game developer, sitting between US and Canada in terms of the number of people employed in the industry.

Woodsey:

GrahamS:

Woodsey:
Maybe we could have some more mainstream games? I know, I know, booo to me I like western games.

How about a plate-full of looking like a nob for me? xD

No worries! Just giving you a hard time.

So what is this Amahagane or A-ham-and-cheese or whatever the hell?

Besides a patently obvious MacGuffin, of course.

very well done guys, as usual of course..my favorite lines still have to be "And yet, the Armadillo." and "This is what happens when you run Firefox."

i'd love to see an Elder Scrolls one done...that'd just be awesome..even a Fallout..doesn't matter which for any of them..it's just be so awesome to hear them put those amazing intro's in their place =D

..'course i'm happy with anything they do =P..gotta love these guys

The opening was not understandable at all. Half of the words were Japanese, had me going "WTF?" all the time.

I actually know the history behind the story of Yoshitsune no Yamamoto...but I'm not as sympathetic to genocidal samurai lords when demons are involved and history is butchered.

At any rate, that was one of the most hilarious unskippables I've watched.

The Heishi are *obviously* evil. Only in a MegaTen game do "good guys" summon demons to fight with them.

I loved it! Very funny, great job!

The game spells it Heishi & pronounces it Haishi, & his name is pronounced Youshitsuni & spelled Yoshitsune. & those awful accents.... Way to go, UK voiceover team.

Horray for genocide! %D

Long in-game movie aside, this game's greatest sin is insulting its audience by thinking the gamer won't pick up on the two different pronunciations of 'Heishi", one being HAY she and the other being HIGH she. And people are paid money to see this game become a reality. Who was the surpervisor for voice work? They should no longer have a job.
And why Graham and Paul didn't rip that apart, I do not know.

Hey, she's a Haitian!

All this talk of "ethnic genocide" is making me wonder what other kinds there are.

Gotta love the impossible to understand japenese accent !

This is probably the best Unskippable EVER.

I laughed at every single remark.

"I don't mean to be racially insensitive, but WHAT?"

"Is he British?"

"That was my "swift end to them" music, did you like it? I had it comissioned."

Brilliant work.

Very very funny episode, thnx guys

That was hilarious, still it made me sad as i do really like this game

The first game actually has most of the backstory as to why they're evil

Good job though

best one yet

Am I the the only one who keeps accidentally reading The name as "The Gay Blade"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here