Unskippable: Borderlands

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Mullahgrrl:

ForgottenPr0digy:

women in the vault? They not going to be freash

It depends on what vault, Im still having dreams of vault 69.

What puzzles me is how they took the bus to another planet, in the desert.

and they must be Virgins as well

canadamus_prime:
"It's not Fallout, it's not Fallout" ...it's Fallout. Or rather a knock-off of Fallout. Although Fallout didn't Venus Fly-dogs. Still this game may be worth giving a try.
Good show.

Tje two games could not be more different. Don't buy the hype, Borderlands is a co-op FPS not an RPG. Even the setting is different. It usnst set in some post-apocolyptic wasteland, the planet is just a faint dessert naturally. It rips off Mad Max alot more than the Fallout series.

Ghostwise:
While funny it just doesn't work quite the same when a game kicks ass. HAHA. Time to see some big American Titties!

Yeah they should do a few more terrible cut scenes from terrible games

Sure the drawn bit of that cut scene was shit but I liked the character intro's.

Master blaster. and the crocodile dundee quote both make this vid worth my kudos

DJShire:

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.
never thought anyone else had it. only seems logical, now i think about it.

*facepalm* Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome....you kids these days...

oh, and Master Blaster was originally an NES game

Beyond thunder dome was the worst one the second being the best.

But everyone in the world should at least watch mad maxes once. I did it and crocodile dundee too those are classics.

hotacidbath:

DJShire:

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

*facepalm* Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome....you kids these days...

oh, and Master Blaster was originally an NES game

Two men enter, one man leave! I'm glad to see someone else has good taste in bad movies.

Hahahaha I like that. They where bad movies but they go into the so bad they are good category and they are classic too.

no, no it's not fallout, but god damn if it ain't ten times better.

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

that, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

Also, an exceedingly old PC game.

OP: As soon as I saw this intro, I knew y'all would have to do this. I mean, I enjoyed the cinematic, but it's just too ridiculous to not make jokes.

"This is not Fallout, this is not Fallout.." I said something similar when I started out. Also, the Mordecai dancing around with his knife joke... it had to be done.

Love the Master Blaster shoutout. Also, I'm surprised you didn't once bring up Cage the Elephant.

One of the only game's you made fun of that I have. Although lack of story the game is the funnest grinding/leveling game ever. Its different to fallout apart from the setting

Undead Dragon King:
Why did the horrible dog-thing cross the road?
SPLAT.
He didn't.

That was the best part.
That actually looks like a good game, might give it a try.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r:

canadamus_prime:
"It's not Fallout, it's not Fallout" ...it's Fallout. Or rather a knock-off of Fallout. Although Fallout didn't Venus Fly-dogs. Still this game may be worth giving a try.
Good show.

Tje two games could not be more different. Don't buy the hype, Borderlands is a co-op FPS not an RPG. Even the setting is different. It usnst set in some post-apocolyptic wasteland, the planet is just a faint dessert naturally. It rips off Mad Max alot more than the Fallout series.

Ok ok, it's not Fallout. Settle down. I was only poking fun at it anyway, not saying it was bad or anything.

Loving the messed up dog road cross joke

Though I kinda feel cheated that we didn't get a Predator reference and instead went with Venus Flytraps.

Why did the horrible dog-thing cross the road? Lol that was rich.

I was like, "what - they're doing the borderlands intro? They can't get any funny in there - it's awesome."

I stand corrected.

Uphill battle guys. Borderlands is one of the best intro's I've seen in a long time. Not that I didn't get a couple chuckles, but it's funnier when you make fun of the ones that are really bad.

Awwwwww, what a cute little doggy-S-P-L-A-T! HA HA HA HA!

Ghostwise:
While funny it just doesn't work quite the same when a game kicks ass. HAHA. Time to see some big American Titties!

This mostly, there were some funny parts, but it's hard to parody parody.

wait so what happens when you re spawn in the bus does he have to drive all the way back

That was great, too bad it wasn't longer though, w/e. The first 2 minutes of gameplay would've been cool, I would've liked to have seen the robot.

I'm having trouble with the audio. The game audio is almost a whisper, but Graham and Paul are deafening. Anyone else? Or are my crappy work computer's earbuds finally crapping out?

Fearzone:
Uphill battle guys. Borderlands is one of the best intro's I've seen in a long time. Not that I didn't get a couple chuckles, but it's funnier when you make fun of the ones that are really bad.

I disagree, I think it's good that they parody a good intro every once in a while. But the one for Valkyrie Chronicles was the best so far I think.

Nice episode. The Mad Max reference made my day.

Wow, that was actually pretty good, considering the cutscene was origionaly a joke of itself.

Borderlands is one of those rare games that takes the world by suprise.

Everyone must play it, its like Mad Max and Diablo and a comic book had a baby.
And I mean that in the best possable way.

Latinidiot:

Mad Max is one of the films that goes to the category: want to see, no time.

Well make time, the Mad Max movies are not to be missed.

edit

Kalezian:

that, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

I fucking love you.

Awesome Game, Nice Vid and wonderful Mad Max reference.

Just a bit annoying knowing that this game rocks whilst having the intro made fun of, takes a bit of the fun away or am I the only one feeling that way?

Those guys are all really just rejects from Team Fortress 2.

Can ripping on gta4 for the annoying cousin ever get old?

I can't see it happening

Doing this game so soon after release? It has "part of 2k Games' marketing strategy" written all over it.

Never mind, it is still a good laugh.

"It is time to see big American titties with Niko my cousin"

EPIC!!!

just replayed GTA IV again a few days ago.
I īve seen this scene about 15 times right now, and I canīt stop laughing my ass off.

I was really expecting a "MOVE THAT BUS!" Quote.

I should know better than to eat anything while watching Unskippable. If I choke on my pizza, guys, I'm sending you the doctor's bill.

Seriously, I should have seen the "beeg American teetees" joke coming.

And what was up with the character intros? Mordecai gets the cool knife-tossing thing, Lilith struts and turns into Cortana, Brick flexes his neck biceps and slams his fist into his hand... and Roland just does a "don't take a picture of me" thing. WTF.

"But there ain't no rest for the wicked, 'til we close our eyes for good." Man I love that song.

Fallout3 and Mad Max reference? You guys don't disappoint when it comes to post-apocalyptic media.

No comment about the infinite wealth and inflation? The comparison to Roman was hilarious.

great

how did brick get inside

Master Blaster!!! I LOL'D

Woodsey:
Out of interest, that "yeah!" at the start of all the videos, is that the TF2 Scout?

YEAH!

Brick is the tank
Chandra is the caster
Roland is short range physical DPS
Mordecai is long range DPS
who the hell is the fucking healer?
better yet, where the hell is the lawsuit im expecting from Wizards?
overall cool, but this is the only time i think it will happen where the commentary is worse then the actual cutscene

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here