Fitness Games Don't Have Enough Shame

Pages PREV 1 2

lol, this article is spot on

Seriously, if you need Wii Fit or any other "game" to help you lose weight then I'm sorry but you fail at life.
I keep fit by doing Parkour and conditioning 3 times a week, I don't eat shitty food and I'm not always on my ass for extended periods of time. It's not hard people.

Doing parkour seems pretty hard to me, but seroiusly losing weight is pretty simple: less food more excercise.
people blame genetics, video games or anything else for their being fat rather than fixing the problem

Funny, it seems like it's in vogue now to bad-mouth the Wii's usefulness for fitness.

My take on the subject is, yes, if you buy a Wii thinking it's going to replace 5 miles of daily running, or 30 minutes of aerobics at the gym, or intense weight training, you'll be disappointed and store your Wii with all your Acai berry drinks, Fen-phen tablets, the pile of Atkins hamburger buns, and the rest.

On the other hand, if you buy a bunch of the best Wii Fitness Games out there and play them every day until you sweat, you will lose weight. Guaranteed.

The people complaining that the Wii doesn't do any good are the ones going in with the mindset that they'll get someting for nothing. The truth is, with any exercise, you get what you put into it. Play Wii Bowling for 5 minutes, and yes, that's not much better than sitting on the couch gaining weight. Fly like the Wii Fit Plus chicken and hula hoop until you're exhausted for an hour a day, and I guarantee that'll be just as good as any workout in the gym.

So the Wii is only as effective as the person using it is committed to exercising to the fullest. Something tells me that these universities putting out these reports are not. But they are getting some good publicity, which is probably what they're after.

Triarius492:
Doing parkour seems pretty hard to me, but seroiusly losing weight is pretty simple: less food more excercise.
people blame genetics, video games or anything else for their being fat rather than fixing the problem

Because just like with everything else nowadays(kids going off the rails, shoot ups in America, etc)they're all blamed on other things/people instead of the person taking the blame themselves(the parents and the crazy deceased perrson respectively).

Dont like that some guys use the term "shitty food"...
Anyways you must eat( i am pointing @ the starvation type diets.. ) but not things with a high Fat value. Reading nutrition labels probably will help seeing whats the fat % on a meal. Using less sugar will help too, cuz the energy you dont burn will kinda settle down as fat :X :P

Partyjerk:
Dont like that some guys use the term "shitty food"...
Anyways you must eat( i am pointing @ the starvation type diets.. ) but not things with a high Fat value. Reading nutrition labels probably will help seeing whats the fat % on a meal. Using less sugar will help too, cuz the energy you dont burn will kinda settle down as fat :X :P

And people wonder why they can't to 10 push-ups, when all they ate before gym is an apple.

I thought that the stereotype was that gamers are overly skinny, not overweight.

I personally fall into the former.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or