There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Looking forward to the final battle!

BustaJonesGavin:
Man, I knew about Red's death but I still got misty-eyed while watching that. I love being a part of this show and I love that you guys keep watching it. Thanks so much for all your support. :)

I take it from your avatar that you're Marth? May I ask if we'll be seeing you in episode 10? Hope so, you were good.

Not sure what else to say about this that hasn't been said, it was absolutely phenomenal. One slight complaint, however; when Bowser and his two henchmen were fighting off the Gee Dubs, it looked incredibly fake. I know there's not much that can be done when acting with CGI, but I thought I'd bring that up.

templars0:

mmm ivory towers and theres two of them :P

I like your thinking but how could the pong paddles mastermind anything? I think its the hunter from duck hunt, his dog fetched the dead ducks which i spose could be trophies :p

Well done and complex. Good job. I especially liked the Ganondorf/Captain Falcon similarity discussion and the "Excuuuuse me, princess" from the cartoon. Matthew and Zach really do pull from all available sources.

I'm curious why every show on the Escapist has started to censor itself. That loud beep during the middle of the episode pulled me out of the immersion a bit. Come on, we're big boys, we can handle it.

I was really, really worried that you'd make a mess of Bowser. But he was awesome! :)
Can't wait for the conclution!

I really love the "excuse me, princess" line that Link uses. A classic touch on a simply exhilarating series. I cannot wait to see what's gonna happen in the end!

mmm...

i didnt really liked it, but it was a great job nontheless, i felt like i was watching an old chinese kung fu movie, but it set the mood, and the ending?? trying too hard??? dont know, something didnīt fit in there...

Goddammit, this next month is gonna be torture! And if there's delays? Well... there's always Doomsday Arcade, I suppose.

btw: Best episode yet. If this keeps up, the finale's gonna be epic.

That was awesome I've watched this series religously and I can't believe how well done it is.

It was surprising to see this episode

orannis62:

BustaJonesGavin:
Man, I knew about Red's death but I still got misty-eyed while watching that. I love being a part of this show and I love that you guys keep watching it. Thanks so much for all your support. :)

I take it from your avatar that you're Marth? May I ask if we'll be seeing you in episode 10? Hope so, you were good.

I'd say chances are fairly good that 99% of all living characters in this webseries will be present for the finale, but don't hold me to that.

Oh and thanks for the compliment. :)

Really awesome Braid reference, but OH GOD the censor.

Please, no.

Frankfurter4444:

I'm curious why every show on the Escapist has started to censor itself. That loud beep during the middle of the episode pulled me out of the immersion a bit. Come on, we're big boys, we can handle it.

That gets especially annoying when you consider the fact that this show has shown the intestines of characters on numerous occasions, but the Escapist thinks we can't handle the word 'fuck'.

Aaah, I want to laugh and cry at the same time!
And why, Zelda, why?! D:

Simply put, I have not seen a movie or series in the past several years that got to me as much as this.
Excellence through-out, even ignoring the fact that it's relatively low-budget and comparing it directly to whatever Hollywood picture out there.

Really really really hyped about the final episode.

I have to say that this is one of those rays of hope I see on the internet that make me smile. I look for those diamonds on the internet. This is very well done. The style is there. The acting is there. The shot composition is there. Every element of a great movie is there. This is what I hope to find and makes me smile, laugh and cry. Great work. Great work. Normally I like to critique things...but I can't find anything to critique. I have to agree with every compliment on this thread. This show is simply amazing. Thank you for giving this to the world and making a person smile at hope that the internet is filled with good things instead of the normal crap.

by far my favorite episode up to date
keep up with the good work guys

I want a good twist in the end

Shit, man. Shit. That was just... shit, man, shit. Excellence in the highest degree.

A great episode. Episodes featuring the Dons are always the best. Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede are easily the high points of this series.
The only thing I wish we would have seen was a drunken Link having a heated argument with visions of his younger self, to make it feel like Young/Toon Link was actually included in the series. It would have been fun to watch, too!

Aktrez:

Anorgil:

Oh, and Samus does wear a few pieces of her Varia Suit in that striptease. I would like to see her put on the whole suit, but then again, I'm not in charge...

You want me to put ON clothes!? Woah, woah, woah ... that was NOT in my contract!!! :p

That is definitely one stipulation no man should tamper with...

But speaking of clothes... Bowser was incredible. Would there be any way I could get my fanboy mitts on that shell of his. Heck, even a normal koopa shell would be awesome. How'd you guys manage to make them?

To be honest, I wasn't sure how well Bowser's costume would turn out, but you guys did a great job with the budhist robe, shell, and incredible mask. It's truly amazing how resourceful you all have proven yourselves to be.

The suspense with Link is killing me...him... XD. But that just leads me to believe he will recover somehow. And as for Kirby... I'm sure Meta Knight's burnt body could be mistaken for Kirby's. Can't count how many times stories have used the misidentified, burnt, and mutilated body.

And I like that someone mentioned redemption. All things are set to climax in the last episode. Luigi will try to redeem his unwitting hand in Red's death. Link will return to face Zelda and the compromises he's had to make. Mario's golden days are done, but he will see the kingdom through the only way he knows how- Brawl. Luigi may be the younger, meeker brother, but he is the only one who was able to change with the times while staying so true to himself. Masterful storytelling.

lotr rocks 0:
anybody else notice that Luigi foreshadowed the Pokemon Trainer's death?

Before he went to Bowser, as the pokemon trainer was leaving with Samus, Luigi said " You're far too trusting kid. Don't let ruin you."

Then the pokemon trainer got killed by taking a gift from Waluigi, who he thought he trusted.

...I did. I was hoping it was just me being paranoid... but I was wrong. *SNIFF*

templars0:

Doug:

Sephiwind:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fitthe profile?

I think...if we go by what Browser said... that the oldest things are reclaiming the kingdom... that it'll be the oldest one of them all - the Pong Paddle! Not sure how they'd show that in episode, but still...

mmm ivory towers and theres two of them :P

My God, you're right! The towers of Pong will take over the kingdom!

Holy crap... I can't believe they killed that poor kid like that. One episode left and let's see how it all ends.

MatthewMercer:
For those who are asking, the Ending Funeral song is available for download on our main website, therewillbebrawl.com.

I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed it! It's been an intense labor of love, and you all make it worth every sleepless night.

You're.

Fucking.

Awesome.

With the number of first Nintendo games made available since the mid 80s I couldn't possibly figure immediately who this butcher is. We can only guess this one could be from the Game & Watch series, or from the first of the classic NES releases.

The butcher may not even be a game character. It could be a creator or it could be a creator who's threatened. From what we've seen anything can happen in Brawl World. Whether or not we figure it out...we'll still be here to see it end.

**IMPORTANT**

For those of you wondering if there will be a DVD release of There Will Be Brawl, the answer is a definite YES.

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/upcoming-dvd-release-in-2010-t390.htm

Just thought I'd pass that info along to all you very supportive fans. :)

Why is it that a series of shorts made by a couple of fans in around a one year time period is better than most video game licensed movies, and indeed, most movies in general?

xscoot:
Why is it that a series of shorts made by a couple of fans in around a one year time period is better than most video game licensed movies, and indeed, most movies in general?

Maybe because most game licensed movies are just trying to cash in on said game's popularity, whereas these guys are doing it for the heck of it, so they put a lot more effort into making a good product rather than just trying to get it out by a certain date?

who was the rabbit ear guy at the end..... it sounded like red said sly... like sly cooper

adurh1992:
who was the rabbit ear guy at the end..... it sounded like red said sly... like sly cooper

That rabbit guy would actually be the dog known as K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing, further illustrated by the fact that he was playing guitar in that video. Red said "Sli", not "Sly".

OT: I was not expecting this month's video so soon. Then again, I didn't realize that it was the last Friday of the month. This is a masterpiece, through and through. I can't wait for the DVD release.

What were the Ivory towers bowser was talking about?

BustaJonesGavin:
**IMPORTANT**

For those of you wondering if there will be a DVD release of There Will Be Brawl, the answer is a definite YES.

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/upcoming-dvd-release-in-2010-t390.htm

Just thought I'd pass that info along to all you very supportive fans. :)

Some of the best news all week.

I thought this episode was fantastic. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time at the end there. The whole series is great, and I am certainly happy to have been along for the ride.

Can't wait until episode 10!

wow so many characters killed off, not saying that's a bad thing but wow

chromewarriorXIII:
That was awesome. I almost cried a little at the end. It seems like the series can't end next episode although I know you guys are only doing 10.

Man i dont want it to end.. :( It's one of the best made show in the site. damnit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here