There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

excelent stuff. loved it :)

Wow! This series is truly incredible! In a world where predictable plots dominate the movie scene, you guys have kept me guessing all this time! Alright, to sum up the speculation and mix in a few of my own ideas:

For awhile, I thought that the killer was somehow Toon Link. The creators obviously went out of their way to reference every character at least once, and he was the only character that wasn't mentioned in the series, although the picture that Link was looking at might have counted, so that's dampened my suspicion. The one clue that I can't get out of my head is Wario's description of the victims. Wario:"They say he disembowels his victims... >>>Tiiny cuts...<<<" That to me has always pointed ato two characters: Toon Link and Meta Knight. Meta Knight would definitely fit the fast killer requirement, although I don't really understand what his motive would be...

The thought that Kirby and MK have the same body could very well mean that Kirby is still alive, although why would Wario kill MK and say he got Kirby? Wario doesn't seem like he has much involvement in any major scheming, and it seems like he hated Kirby as much as the rest of the characters. It would be an excellent plot twist though, so we can't really rule out for sure which one is still alive...

The Master Hand trophy quote makes a lot of sense, but if the creators say that MH won't play much of a part, I guess that doesn't work... As for the info that he'll be older than all the games, I really can't think of anyone besides a central G-dubs or MH. A main GW as the ultimate evil would explain how Ganondorf got his army, although as a final villain, GW would probably not be very intimidating. How would you voice him convincingly? MH could possibly be "older than all of us" if you look at it from the old Smash Universe perspective that MH created all the characters in the first place from trophys/dolls.

Ganondorf just creating the rumors of a greater evil sounds like it might work, although I doubt the creators would go through all the trouble to create the suspense when there's really nothing there. That would just be anticlimactic.

GAH! So many open ends! This is what I love about this series!

lotr rocks 0:

FrogDude14:

lotr rocks 0:
Then the pokemon trainer got killed by taking a gift from Waluigi, who he thought he trusted.

Waluigi probably had no idea what he was giving PT.

I know, but Wario certainly did when he gave it to Waluigi. My point is still the same though, he got killed by someone he trusted which luigi foreshadowed.

The forshadowing actually happened WAAAYYY back in the first/second episode. It's when Luigi is eating in Wario's restaurant and he gives the suitcase of drugs to the Pokemon Trainer. He tells PKMN Trainer to take the suitcase to his boss (Wario) and he says "And no peeking! The world will get you soon enough"

So how did PKMN Trainer die? He opened a suitcase. =D

does last epidoe come out on christmas?

that would be so sick, YoUnG205!

I doubt anyone will be coming over this christmas *phew*, gives me time to myself (which I love).

I was honestly surprised to see that Bowser wasn't as evil as portrayed in earlier episodes. Became a wise one and had a meaningful conversation with Luigi. The G&W army was kinda weird though, because all his other appearances just seemed like random humourous moments to temporarily break any tension in the scene.

Kudos to those in previous topics that had suspicions about Samus and that Dedede scene, even Ganon pointed that out and had her offguard. Though I seemed to have forgotten how that played out, looks like she got off the hook fairly easily.

@ the poster who mentioned Luigi dropping his trench coat and going back to old times, Think about the title of the series, There Will Be Brawl.... I certainly feel that a brawl will endure and that this will be the climax of it the episode.

I sat down and thought about how I even learned about TWBB in the first place. I think it's from the time i had a random thought in my head "there will be blood". I was wondering where that was from and as I was typing it on google's search bar, the related searches that appear as you type showed a There Will Be Brawl, and I was like "hey that might have to do with something about Smash Brawl! let's check it out!"....

Actually I think I learned about it from Smash World Forums, someone posted a link to Episode 1 in the videography room.

edit: Yep It was the Latter.

Anyway I thought the DVD release thing wasn't possible, as said many times I heard from many different voices, including some Expo's I saw videos of from random people on youtube.

RED, NOOOOOOO! Forget that "almost" crap that everyone else is pulling, I definitely bawled.

That was an amazing and yet heart-breaking episode. Poor Ash. And I loved that song at the end. Will it be available for download somewhere?

Desert Tiger:
To the person who plays Ganondorf:

You ever considered going into professional acting?

Actually, he is a professional voice actor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Mercer

What I find even more amazing is that the guy who plays Wario is Kyle Hebert, AKA the man who says "NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!"

We still haven't seen Mario stomp on somebody yet! That better be there.

I hope Samus doesn't die, because Metroid is my favorite series.

say has anybody seen Ness. he is small, has psychic powers and is from a very old game

mrbananas:
say has anybody seen Ness. he is small, has psychic powers and is from a very old game

Ness made a small cameo in one of the earlier episodes.

This series is so good! Even if it had nothing to do with the Nintendo characters I would watch it, but the way it plays with how we see the different character's personas is amazing. I can't wait to see the conclusion!

the conclusion is finally coming!

That glare that Ganondorf gave Pit was absolutely priceless.

Bowser went out like a pro.

The ending made me shed many tears, "So uh, was I any good?" I lost it there.

Really loved the episode, all the references I could spot from it and yea, the ending was very well done and very touching.

I'm really looking forward to the DVD release. I just hope I can order one for myself (I live in Finland)...

This has almost certainly been brought up before, but I'm betting that every time we see a pile of guts, it's not a sign there's just been a murder. I think that the killer (whoever it is) is some kind of shapeshifter who steals the skins of people. When he (or she) is done with a disguise, he disposes of the guts he no longer needs. So DeDeDe was actually killed when Mewtwo's guts showed up, and when DeDeDe's showed up, it was the killer switching to another disguise.

I am, of course, basing this off of Kirby's earlier comments.

No idea who the killer might be, though.

Wow, this is the best episode so far.

The ending made me cry so much. D:

It's gotta be master hand....right?

KarmicToast:
It's gotta be master hand....right?

Nope. That theory has already been discarded my Mr. Mercer himself. Plus, Master Hand (and Crazy Hand, soon after) were mentioned by Olimar/End of Days in his speech in Episode 8. They were pretty much mentioned as tools for that cult he was leading.

Great episode. Out of curiosity, do you have to watch all the episodes on one computer/IP address to get the badge for watching all of them?

I need that end music. It was great, Is there anyway I can get a MP3 of that?

Aw, Red...

WARIO, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

anthony87:

mrbananas:

Ness made a small cameo in one of the earlier episodes.

Both Ness and Lucas.

"The laughter of a child" and all that.

I had to sign up to say I am moved by how amazing this show is best thing I have ever seen on the internet.

Cinematography is simply amazing. This series needs to be on DVD.

And wow, this really is moving.

LOL i felt the same way, anyways, I'm still sad that the kid dies, though he song is amazing !! :D

tiger_cub684:
That was an amazing and yet heart-breaking episode. Poor Ash. And I loved that song at the end. Will it be available for download somewhere?

It's amazing that this series actually gets me more emotionally involved than most actual TV series and movies. Am I a softy if I get sad every time they kill off a character?

The ending of this gave me the biggest knot on my throat.

And then I cried like the little girl I am.

And still am ;____;

depressing

Supp:

SkullCap:

I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

*Lightbulb* Oh Mama Mia, it all makes perfect sense. He can appear out of nowhere, has a personal arsenal of finger missles & lasers, and he can fly.

Master Hand is the Master Mind to this entire plan.

Master Hand commands the army of Mr.Game&Watch. He manipulated Ganondorf with promises of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf then manipulated Zelda with false promises of power. Ganondorf used Olimar the Spaceman to create the explosive pills. Ganondorf said they would be used to "take care of the competition" and he used one to blow up Red's house. Why? Simple, because Red's a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon trainer basically commands powerful monsters. Red collected so many Pokemon that they would have been helpful to fight the army of MR.G&W's. Master Hand wanted to crush any possible threats.

Master Hand will be the one to truly control the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf and Zelda don't know they are nothing but puppets; Master Hand is literally the HAND pulling the strings!

O_o.....Mama Mia.

Except, the creators have said on their forum that Master Hand and Crazy Hand aren't major characters at all.

Good try though.

Yep, so far they only referenced the hand as a God when Olimar was preaching, not as an actual character.

DerekTheMagicDragun:
*jaw drops*

Oh my... that poor... HOLY HELL!!
I'm feeling every emotion at once, and I love it!
Good job.

I know, right. I was almost crying and laughing a little at the end, truly amazing.

Mr. Shoggoth:

Desert Tiger:
To the person who plays Ganondorf:

You ever considered going into professional acting?

Actually, he is a professional voice actor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Mercer

What I find even more amazing is that the guy who plays Wario is Kyle Hebert, AKA the man who says "NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!"

Wow I had no idea, he's in a lot of my favorite games/anime.

Bowser is amazingly well done. I'm somewhat disappointed that some of the best characters : Bowser and Dedede, are only shown for one episode. But they are solid gold.

Mr Mercer, you are just....amazing. This has been a magnificent series, and the...*ahem* awaited character was a wonderful sight to see.

Goddamnit...

Red was so innocent D=
And to use little retarded Wa as a delivery boy :(

Great use of the theme and incredible work on the bowser suit.

... I feel sad right now... :(

also was someone else disappointed with G&W being the killer?

"Was I any good?"
No, you were terrible. And I can't stop crying.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here