Game Dogs: Pilot Episode: D&D Kills

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Uh oh! I guess I'm guilty of curling my mouth into a skeptical smiling position! When Gary walked in, I can admit I was actually barely amused! What great leaps and bounds from the trailer!

It's a shame that all this enjoyment completely disappeared when the dogs had to laugh at their own joke. I would have at least expected a laugh track, seeing as they did the horribly overdone "in front of a live studio audience" bit in the beginning, but seriously? They had to laugh at their own joke? My face was resting firmly in my palms at that point, and It didn't help that they had to result to appallingly badly done blood to make the 4 year olds laugh.

This may seem premature, but I give up. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly trying to laugh, but I really shouldn't have to. Have fun with your furry "comedy," folks.

inb4 "can i has your stuff?"

Daystar Clarion:
I was waiting to see it before I made a judgement and I'm glad I did.
Not hilarious, but funny enough to keep my attention.
100XP to you.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too

That was amazingly unfunny...

Maybe it was just a bad start?

Not too funny, probably not watching again. Felt a bit to.. I don't know. Just not my thing I guess. The way they laughed was a bit awkwardly done and the voice acting didn't seem too great.

Also wondered why a dog had human breasts, but whatever.

This series has my full attention. I look forward to the next episode. I award you 80 XP out of a possible 100.

Reminded me of KOTDT....done in the beginning. Some smirks, some laughs, lots of room to improve.

Two things bothered me. The 'girl' dog, she was concerned that D&D kills people ... Why did she have a happy face though? Second, why didnt Gary own them, or at least make a hilarious threat or something?

I didn't really like it.

i liked it, it was a little slow at first but then i was entertained.

remmus:

willgreg123:

Lol, I think I didn't phrase myself in the right way. I like furries and even if I didn't I wouldn't have a problem with them. I just don't think furries is the correct term for this show (probably is if you get into specifics, I just don't get the impression that was the show's intention)

I will agree that it's like there's a crusade going on against furries. It's not like they've ever done anything to deserve such mass criticism (sure allot of their art is kinky and their costumes are just plain creepy, but despite this, Anime's pretty damn well accepted!) And hell, anthropomorphic characters have been around since Disney, what the hell sparked this giant wave of hatred towards furries specifically? Hell, even anything that resembles furries!

a classic case of humans always having to find something to hate, wasen´t long ago Anime nerds where pointed out as being freaky mostly thanks to the Hentai subculture, now when Anime has been so accepted the perpetual haters of anything "strange" and "crazy" has moved to furries doing the same thing of purposely staring on the "bad" aspects of furry community like pervy fursuits and such.

Maybe it's just a matter of working through the stereotypes and coming to the realization that said group is not the enemy. There is something very human about how we're so eager to play the classic blame game with the new kids in town. I'm sure we'll come to accept the furries as another demographic in the entertainment industry and then we'll move on to unreasonably hate the new minority, like a theme based around lizards or those cat people from Avatar (joking)

well.

it was funnier than AL. But really.. meh.

n1. I really hope this doesn't dumb down to a wanabe-plot like "Apocalypse Lane". When such a "chaotic" show starts to develop a plot, it loses all it's appeal.

It might grow on me if there's some relevance to the actual video game industry in here, like Code Monkeys, but right now I'm not impressed. It wasn't funny, it wasn't very well animated, and it didn't really set up the characters very well.

A million times better than the teaser last week, but even that is only an auspicious start. I shall check out more, but I'd be surprised if it can make me chuckle like Apocalypse Lane.

I'll watch it

It was better than the trailer at least, I'll give it a couple of episodes

Um... Right. That was kind of.. neat?

Ok, who am I kiddin', let's hope that was just a bad start. Gonna watch more, see how it develops.

hopefully the quality will go up, but nice first try. i probably couldn't hav made a better movie.

meh ill give it a chance, cya next thursday

The show was funny enough to keep my attention, but I was hoping to see the dogs maybe review a game, a movie, or talk about something happening in the real world that was actually relevant.

Existing, successful shows on The Escapist rock because they focus on something (i.e. Zero Punctuation focuses on pointing out the bad parts of games, even though on occasion he'll review a mostly good game, he'll still point out the bad/annoying parts in it). The same goes for Movie Bob.

I guess I'm just hoping GD doesn't rely on random storylines because if it does I think it may lose its appeal really quickly.

I thought it was pretty good, even in the 4 minute time span.

There's not a whole lot to be done in 3 minutes. There were a couple mild chuckles... I can't say much about the characters, though.

I don't like it but everyone else does apparently so w/e.

i liked it very funny in some parts

I quite liked it, good work. I can only see this series improving.

The nerdy dog really got on my nerves.
He has the look and the character design of the 'intelligent character', and yet he spends the entire episode being mind numbingly retarded. Hurling a dice at the table to roll it, swallowing metal and bringing a sword to a D&D game that was taking place at work.

This was my second viewing, and its grown slightly on me. It still needs some polish, but hopefully future episodes will improve it.

Jon Etheridge:

That is one of the downfalls of animating one episode a week. You don't really have the time to make it look like Disney. Still, I've seen poorly animated stuff be better than well animated stuff so it all comes down to the content.

On topic, this episode turned out pretty good. Loved the breaking of Gary's nose. Good work guys.

Wait, do you animate this? Perhaps I read the credits wrong but I though it said Mr.Palmer animated this.

Oddly this is one of the few videos on the site that actually made me lol, can't wait for the next one.

Eric the Orange:

Jon Etheridge:

That is one of the downfalls of animating one episode a week. You don't really have the time to make it look like Disney. Still, I've seen poorly animated stuff be better than well animated stuff so it all comes down to the content.

On topic, this episode turned out pretty good. Loved the breaking of Gary's nose. Good work guys.

Wait, do you animate this? Perhaps I read the credits wrong but I though it said Mr.Palmer animated this.

Oh no no no. But I do have the same experience doing Apocalypse Lane.

What a big staff behind this show. It's still kinda rough around the edges. So far, my favorite thing about it is Jon Etheridge.

Eh, every show can have a slow start.. I'm gonna come back and see if it gets better ^^

Jon Etheridge:

Eric the Orange:

Jon Etheridge:

Oh no no no. But I do have the same experience doing Apocalypse Lane.

Jon is a creative consultant ;)

Mediocre. But I shall stay tuned.

LMAO!!!!!!!

Excellent series!!!!!

Heheh, yeah, good.
Roger hands out xp points like nobody's business.

I'm digging the bass in the theme tune too.

really not that bad liked it alot actually

"100 EXP!" lol

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook