Escapist News Network: Quick's Picks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Quick's Picks is a great new segment. Nicely done.

I have to admit, though, when I clicked on the video and the view changed, my first thought was "Oh crap, a pop-up."

PSYYYYDUCK.

And the Olympics as viral marketing made me laugh so much I neutered myself.

drisky:
People are going to get punished for leaving uncharted 2 games, awesome. But what was with the x-box style announcement that was weird.

yeah i was wondering the same thing

LOL at rapper bling out their DS phat with spinners

Therumancer:
...Will certain titles, companies, and industry figures become off-limits to ENN?

If such things already exist it's not noticible, but I am concerned that it will become more so in the future because an advertising display of that level does not bode well for neutrality.

Don't worry. The ENN crew has never been told to stay away from a certain topic, game or person. The Escapist gives us full editorial autonomy, and doesn't censor us. Like a good, unbiased source, they keep the advertising separate from the editorial and creative side.

:)

So decided to give this another go, but this show is still just bad jokes and nothing else. and the quickpicks was almost painful to watch. yea Ill try your show out again if your still making it in June to see if you have improved

Was I the only one who heard a mention of Mordin solus?

Crunchy English:
Its not your net, its some new video player or something. This pop-up window style is awful. No video on the site will play for me now.
When did this happen?

EDIT - Ok, now that the ads load, I can watch it... yay? I mean, I'm all for a profitable Escapist, and it beats front-loading a video with commercials. But there's something unseemly about the Escapist carrying really in your face advertising.

I also dislike the new pop-up style player, I like to pause and check out other things while the video loads.

Great video as usually though. I especially liked Quick's Picks.

It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.

Was that part with Dante's Inferno true? It sounds ridiculous and fake but there are really stupid people out there. Wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

Bunnies!

I have to say I do not like the new format. If it were not for Kathleen I would probably ditch this series all together. It seems rushed and the interviews are not as good.

The entire episode was a vial of win, and I would pay to see that Atkinson interview.

I thought Ubisoft said they weren't going to do any more movie games after the monumental flop of Avatar? I can see why a game about a movie about a well-established game franchise would do better, and I know that it isn't technically a "movie-based game", but they just happen to be about the same thing.

Maybe The Forgotten Sands will do better. Maybe it will also fail and Ubisoft will learn their lesson. I just hope the company stays open until I find out what becomes of Desmond Miles.

Little known fact: Every Nintendo headquarters has a small exclusive stable of riding ponies. Unfortunately, most of those ponies are the same ones as were in the stable twenty years ago.

Also, bunnies!

marter:
So the Winter Olympics were just a viral marketing campaign for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games... Now I know.

It all makes sense!

Also! Love the new segment!

Slappybob:
I have to say I do not like the new format. If it were not for Kathleen I would probably ditch this series all together. It seems rushed and the interviews are not as good.

Re: rushed - you know that the pace of a video has nothing to do with the time spent on it, and that this new format actually takes longer to produce right?

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion of it, but regarding your statement specifically, the opposite is true.

-m

Is Quick's Picks going to feature actual community based questions, in the future? Or to put it another way, if I sent in an e-mail would it be possible to have it featured on this segment?

I like the "Fable" cover and disk frame!

Decabo:
It's amazing how overrated this series is. Not one part of that was remotely funny.

It's called an opinion, dude. Just because other peoples don't agree with yours dose not make it wrong.

Though it dose make me wonder why you watched it then. it's not as if it's a new series, so you must have made up your mind long before this episode. And yet you watched it anyways, knowing that you dislike it.

TheyTookOurJobs:

I heard it too.
Was that intentional ENN?

Crunchy English:
Its not your net, its some new video player or something. This pop-up window style is awful. No video on the site will play for me now.
When did this happen?

EDIT - Ok, now that the ads load, I can watch it... yay? I mean, I'm all for a profitable Escapist, and it beats front-loading a video with commercials. But there's something unseemly about the Escapist carrying really in your face advertising.

Yeah no one likes adds, but the Escapist is a business and they have to make money to keep the site up and pay the employees (such as the LRR people here). So I guess it's either this or subscription fees, and I prefer this.

*claps at Matt* Bravo man. That totaly hit the head on the nail dead on. Just....beautiful...*claps again*
Also, unrelated, but guys, they've had the popup adds like forever. I honestly don't mind the add at the beginging, considering you can just mute it.

Let's see more of Quick's Picks. I like it.

Man these recent ENN videos have been fast...like Rapidfire Comedy fast..."Comedy so fast it will melt your face off."

Like how the pie chart added up to 16.

Lady Kathleen:

Therumancer:
...Will certain titles, companies, and industry figures become off-limits to ENN?

If such things already exist it's not noticible, but I am concerned that it will become more so in the future because an advertising display of that level does not bode well for neutrality.

Don't worry. The ENN crew has never been told to stay away from a certain topic, game or person. The Escapist gives us full editorial autonomy, and doesn't censor us. Like a good, unbiased source, they keep the advertising separate from the editorial and creative side.

:)

Thank you for the response, and that is good to hear. ENN is one of my favorite features on The Escapist, and I look forward to it every week! :)

Way to tell 'em off, Ryan!

wait canada won?

now, if this new Quick's picks isn't pure awesomenessness, then i don't know what is
seriously, this was THE most funny thing i watched in like... well, a long time ^^

please, much much more of this in the future!!

ninjajoeman:
wait canada won?

I don't honestly remember. We've all been drunk since the game ended.

New Rejected ENN stories are up on the LoadingReadyRun blog. We were VERY prolific this week, and left a lot of good stuff unused. Check it out: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/?p=953

Matt Wiggins ftw

TheyTookOurJobs:

stukov961:
I heard it too.
Was that intentional ENN?

It was actually Morgan Solus (yes, an intentional Mass Effect reference) because he was the Sonic expert in our recent Black & Blue Streak episode.

The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!

GrahamS:
The pop-up (which I'm not even seeing, because it;'s probably region-locked to the US) isn't something that we choose, or have any control over, so please don't complain to us about it :)

Glad (most of) you all like this one!

... I got the pop-up player.

-m

Great vid guys! Love the Quick's Picks segment, is it gonna be a regular?
One thing tho, and I'll never mention it again if I'm the only one, but I think something needs to be done with the background music when the stories start up. I find it kinda distracting as it is.

also, where can i find a body pillow like that?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here