Escape to the Movies: Clash of the Titans

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

RestamSalucard:

RebelRising:
Yeah, they did the same thing with Disney's Hercules. It's forgivable there, seeing as how a Disney movie always needs a bad guy.

And the bad guy from the original tale (Hera) wasn't available becauuuse..?

Beats me, a divine, vengeful, and jealous housewife (which, really, is all that Hera is) would be loads more interesting.

Was it just me or did the Kraken remind anyone else of the Berserker from Gears of War?

Saw this movie yesterday.

But the kraken reminded me of the scorpoins they used in the film earlier only slightly modified.

I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't that impressed by this review. The random atheism comments seemed kinda out of place, as well as just plain wrong. And it seems a bit hypocritical to say that the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ruined the story, when Roald Dahl hated the 1971 version. And, after his death, the Dahl estate was given final say over many of the important decisions. In fact, the new version is a LOT closer to the book than the first film was.

God this movie was filled with so much stupid my head hurt after watching it. And don't get me wrong, I ahven't watched the original so I am just judging this on it's own merits. And it doesn't have such. Even the special effects aren't all that.

i only want to see the movie for one line: "Release The Kraken"

nonexistent indeed. this movie was very visually stimulating. to bad I can't remember the 4 Argos soldiers that died in Medusas lair.... and what the fuck was up with the sorcerer?

benjtfell:
Damn the Bob I still can't make my mind up about weather I should see this film! I'm probly gunna wait for it to come on DVD.

just see it, its sort of like transformers.

IT HAS ACTION SCENES UP THE BUTT

the part with the wiches was filmed in north wales :), 15minuits drive from my house:)
only maneched 2 see the camals and the caraveans from afar thow :(

Jenx:
God this movie was filled with so much stupid my head hurt after watching it. And don't get me wrong, I ahven't watched the original so I am just judging this on it's own merits. And it doesn't have such. Even the special effects aren't all that.

I agree. I haven't seen a film that bad since White Noise. God i hated that film.

I saw this movie in theaters a while back, and my wife made the comment that the movie went too fast. I agreed also, and i am glad to see a professional Movie goer to make the similar conclusion. I hate it when remakes do this. Unlike the new(er) Batman movies that actually deveoloped the characters a little bit more, this movie just throw shit like that to the wind.

Militant Atheism indeed, in the first few minutes into the movie i was thinking the same thing. Although the Greeks ivented the word, in the context of this movie it shouldn't have been so apparent.

But the graphics of the movie were enough to keep me happy i suppose...

I finally saw this and I must say it was OK at best. I still liked it better than the original though.

ThrobbingEgo:
I... I'm not sure it counts as atheism when you're trying to kill/rebel against literal gods you believe in.

It's not that we atheists don't like gods, the heart of the matter is we believe them to be fictional. Any movie dealing with interaction between man and "real" gods has very little to do with atheism - you can't disbelieve the presence of a thing you're trying to kill.

Despite what your preacher may tell you, atheists aren't looking to usurp the gods. We just think you're all silly.

This. Pretty sure if Qui-Gon-Zeus was summoning a fucking Kraken to eat me alive I wouldn't stand there going "Actually, the ontological and design arguments are fundamentally unsound..."

Bob, this movie absolutely sucked. the acting sucked, the action sucked, the comic relief sucked, the casting sucked. i have no idea what movie you watched, but it was not the same movie i just finished. what a piece of shit and complete waste of 2 hours.

Its HELLENIC Bob, not HELLENISTIC. Hellenistic is the post Alexander world and the Seleuicid, Ptolomaic and Macedonian kingdoms ;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here