Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Iron Man and Incredible Hulk left me very hopeful in this regard...
all Movies X-men related smell like stinky feet.....but I think separate studios have all those rights
The jury is still out for me regarding the spidey reboot, I think Tobey is a decent actor but was basicly a miscast from the start, who did his best in the role, I want to see someone funnier. - Spidey is not controlled by marvel either correct?

The thing with comics is if you don't like an issue or arc you can always re-write it or pretend it doesn't exist, Fantastic WHo? Never heard of 'em.

Avengers all in all is awesome, that's been explained now.
I was (and still) a little worried how they were going to pull it off outside of the comic world.

But something else puzzles me, I'm pretty sure that Kick-Ass came out this week.
You said that nothing good had come out recently.

I absolutely LOVE cross overs, just something about them makes me so happy

Also some people might think this racist but COME ON! Why did they make Nick Fury Black!??! (Yes I realize Black Fury is Ultimate Fury but still)if anything this is the regular Marvel Universe NOT the Ultimate marvel universe!! I wish they'd start putting the proper actors for the proper roles, like a white guy playing a white guy and etc. Sure the actors who play these characters are great (example: Samuel playing Nick) but I still can't stand it

@Tom, Kickass releases April 16th where I am.
Can't wait.

regarding a Black Nick Fury - I felt this way, but have come to accept the new Nick Fury - it helps to have him in the ultimate universe

it sounds like a conspiracy, understanding a little makes me feel smart, and bob keep doing things like this please.

Quiet Stranger:
I absolutely LOVE cross overs, just something about them makes me so happy

Also some people might think this racist but COME ON! Why did they make Nick Fury Black!??! (Yes I realize Black Fury is Ultimate Fury but still)if anything this is the regular Marvel Universe NOT the Ultimate marvel universe!! I wish they'd start putting the proper actors for the proper roles, like a white guy playing a white guy and etc. Sure the actors who play these characters are great (example: Samuel playing Nick) but I still can't stand it

Well, the Ultimate Nick Fury was based around Samuel L. Jackson (they got his permission and everything) so it makes sense that in a live action version of the character, they get Jackson to play a version of the character. Also, the last time a live action Nick Fury thing was done he was played by David Hasselhoff... so yeah.

On Topic: Avengers movie prospect = great.
Idea for Captain America being a Dancer in WW2, explaining how he got the costume = A worse idea than self mutilation.

/Comic geek

We all have known where Captain America's shield has been for the past few years now:

Who's up for a cameo of EPIC PROPORTIONS???

Thats how id like to die!

and Avengers movie is listed on IMDB, tho i dont know how reliable they are

and Hugo Weaving is the Red Skull - excellent casting!

I need a change of clothes and scarlet jo-jo in that tight leather, in my trailer, stat.

Don't know if it was mentioned before on the thread but bare in mind that the Spiderman series is being re-hashed and Wolverine went solo.Both members were at some stage in The Avengers,right?

I am not really a marvel fan and you are the first one to make those things sound good :P

NO, this movie will not happen. The world is much too malefic for such an event to transpire.

Oh my god, I'm not even a Marvel fan (I prefer DC only because BATMAN is in that one), but even I was doing cartwheels in the aisles at the end of Iron Man when Sammy Jackson showed up. I saw that eye-patch, heard the name 'Nick Fury', heard the magic words "the Avengers Initiative", and (quite literally) whooped with joy. The best part was that no one else in my family is even remotely interested in comic books, so for them that last scene could have been Tony Stark getting a pizza and it would have held the same relevance. But OH MY GOD an Avengers movie! I'm actually glad that Spider-man and the X-men wouldn't be in the movie; it would just be too many people. Comics are one thing, because you can just place them in the background and the audience knows that they're there, but in films it would cost too much cash to get, say, Ellen Page in to be Shadowcat, just to stick her in the corner of the frame and not have her say anything. Plus, let's remember how badly the last X-men movie screwed over the X-men Universe, and ask ourselves if we really want any of them in this movie.

AVENGERS MOVIE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

hopefully this all works out so we can get an avenger film. pretty much had a nerdgasam when I saw this video. Also quick question does anyone know if the Punisher was ever on the avengers?

As much as I agree with you that the potential for greatness is enormous, I have to remain only cautiously optimistic. After all, there's also a lot of room for the story to get muddled and overly complex.

I'm looking forward to it, though.

Will be like X-Men movies. Too many heroes, they will all be boring characters who don't develop. And who's gonna be this movie's Wolverine?

One word:

Awesome

I would if their going to throw Henry Pym and his wife in...

The best part about this is that after they establish an avengers movie franchise (other than the animated one's) then you knowDC is going to follow.

A movie plot-intertwining story leading up to a mixed-together finale would be incredible! Though I'm a bit unsure of how they would deal with Thor. Might be difficult fitting in a fantasy element in an otherwise science-fiction oriented universe.

pretty sure the shield thing was confirmed, actually.

I'm so excited for this Avengers. It's going to kick so much ass.

Samuel L Jackson is a great Ultimate Universe (earth-1610) Nick Fury, after all that's who they based the character off anyway :D

Wow...it does all link which is scary!

Really looks like everything is linking together quite nicely =D

hmmmmm, I REALLY don't know how this is going to coherently work considering people might have to watch up to five movies to get to know these characters. If they're not careful it's just going to be one giant clusterfuck with little to no actual reason to care for the characters. I.E., exactly like every movie Michael Bay has ever done.

And yes, Tony's dad was involved with the Cap. In the scene where Pepper walks in on Tony taking his armor off you can see a shield below one of his arms. In a comic that came with the DVD if you bought it at Wal-Mart it says that Stark made Cap's shield or something like that (maybe it was actually his grandfather, I can't exactly remember).

I blieve there is also a hidden "clue" where Tony Stark is developing the Captain America sheild.
I don't know if you can see it, but in this photo it may be on the table on the left side.
http://www.firstshowing.net/img/ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

Call me pedantic, but I really dislike how Marvel buttrapes Viking mythology and Thor. I understand it comes from America, so the maker's concept of the rest of the world is mostly based on repeated misconceptions in a lazy educational system and of course, popular culture, but every time I see the "marvel Thor" I have to initiate operation tactical facepalm.

Anyhow, as a person who has literally never been into comic books all that much, this avengers thing could be a nice cultural voyage.

Can't wait for these movies. I have high hopes for the Captain America movie (I really think Chris Evans can pull it off, just watch Sunshine and you'll understand). Also Jason Statham as Union Jack would be awesome. God these are going to be some great movies.

ATTENTION MOVIEBOB AND USERS!

One thing not mentioned was in The Incredible Hulk, the character Samuel Sterns who after helping Bruce yet also Abomination gets some of the serum in his head wound as he grins at the camera...

...who is Sterns? THE LEADER!

Wow, I've never been a big comic book fan but you just got me excited! All this looks awesome.

Why is Chris Evans playing Captain America? Out of all the other actors in the whole world why him? In my mind he is not a good actor, plus I think of him as Johnny from Fantastic Four. Since Captain America fought in WWII I think Tom Hanks would be a better choice (although he is too old and doesn't match the description). I just can't think of any good actors for Cap. that have blond hair and blue eyes that is American. When I think of any American actors that match those descriptions all I can think about are douche bags (Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Matt McConaughey, etc.). My second Choice would be Liam Neeson but guess what, he isn't American (although he has a voice that could command gods).
Then Daniel Craig comes to mind but he is 007 and that already makes him hate America and seeing him play Cap would be cool it just wouldn't look right.
I'm sure there are other great choices and if you have better choices just tell me I would like to talk about it.
So I guess Chris Evans will have to do because I'm not the one making the movie, I just needed to vent.

Or this could become the mess that we all saw in the x-men sequels.

and here i was wondering y tony stark was in that bad hulk movie \o/ now i know :D

This must happen.

ALSO: Makes me wonder how far ahead Marvel thought this...

Wow, someone here reeeaaaally likes superheroes.

Wasn't it Tony Starks father who created the indestructible shield that Captain America uses?

If it was... Than that could be the tie-in.

Fantastic, I didn't know about the frozen cap body in Hulk, though I have heard some conjecture about there being a falling Thor during that thunderstorm.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here