Game Dogs: Season 2 Announcement

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Cody211282:

williebaz:

Russ Pitts:
Season 2 Announcement

Bob has a message from the SRLF.

Be sure to join the Game Dogs Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

Listen I see that you've gotten a lot of people in trouble for complaining about this show, but I'm going to anyway:

This show is just not up to the escapistmagazine.com's standards. It's boring, vulgar, disgusting, and I don't like watching it. By keeping this show on air you are alienating a lot of your fanbase. It only took a few episodes for apocalypse lane to be good. But It's been a full season of Game Dogs, and this show is still painful to watch.

If you want to preserve the image of this site, cancel the show.

EDIT: also the central concept is crucially flawed, by making the show about dogs you exclude the human population of escapistmagazine.com.

you sir are a brave brave man, and I salute you!

Thanks, if I get in trouble I don't really care; I'm fighting for the escapist here, not against it.

Personally, I hope this is never shown again. I'd say more but I'm probably gonna get suspended for bagging Thy Holiest Game Dawgs in about 5 minutes, so what's the point?

I just noticed that Gary looks just like the dog Doug from "The Sarah Sliverman Project"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSuzAzQnr14 @ 0:18

I think one of the biggest reasons I continue to watch Game Dogs is to see where they take it. It doesn't make me laugh too often, though it does amuse me. Bob is officially my favorite character after this video.

I'm hoping season two will improve on season one, as it really did get off to a rocky start and only got a little better as time went on. Like others have said, the show has potential. You just have to tap into it.

Ode to Oda:
Personally, I hope this is never shown again. I'd say more but I'm probably gonna get suspended for bagging Thy Holiest Game Dawgs in about 5 minutes, so what's the point?

Perhaps if you provided some insight as to how they might be able to make the show better in any way, instead of outright hating on it, you wouldn't be risking some kind of punishment.

williebaz:
EDIT: also the central concept is crucially flawed, by making the show about dogs you exclude the human population of escapistmagazine.com.

That was a silly argument to make. I can't tell if you're joking, but people can easily sympathize with anthropomorphic animals. That's like saying the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show is crucially flawed because its characters are animals and that it thus excludes humans. The characters in Game Dogs talk like humans and talk about human things, so it doesn't exclude anyone. I hope you were joking, but just in case.

Anyway, Game Dogs has slowly gotten a bit better, but it still isn't really worth watching in my opinion. Aside from the fact that they're dogs, it doesn't really bring anything new or interesting to the table, and its characters feel very archetypical and one-dimensional. Don't get me wrong - I am fully aware that you need to give characters time to develop, and that you really can't call any character one-dimensional based on a single episode... but it's been a whole season, and nothing has happened at all with them. It's like their focal personality traits are "slacker" and "nerdy" and "girl", and that's all they will ever be. But you say you guys are taking our words to heart, so I will follow the show into the second season to see it improve.

And I agree very much that the suspensions in this thread really weren't called for. When you put entertainment on the internet, people are going to criticize the hell out of it, because people have different opinions and the point of forums is to share them, good and bad. Punishing the people who don't like your show is just kind of... I dunno, trashy.

Unforgotten Realms got canceled for this horrible, furfag, piece of crap show.

Escapist please don't give these people another season, cut your loses before they ruin they site.

This is getting a second season?

Doggone it.

GameGoddess101:
Honestly, people!! Just a few things:

1.) Not EVERYTHING has to be funny!!! Rebecca Mayes Muses isn't funny, but I like it because its interesting and new. Neither is A Good Knight's Quest or I Hit It With My Axe, but people watch those. You can't judge everything by ZP. Adjust your expectations and judge it for what it is-- a character story.
2.) If you hate Game Dogs so much, why come back every week just to comment on how much you hate it? Do you have nothing better to do??
3.) People who are getting suspended for hating on GD isn't because they don't like it, but because they are needlessly hating without offering anything to the conversation...

That said, I like Game Dogs. Some of the episodes were slow or uneven, but I am looking forward to season 2.

YES! Thank you!

Citrus Insanity:

williebaz:

That was a silly argument to make. I can't tell if you're joking, but people can easily sympathize with anthropomorphic animals. That's like saying the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show is crucially flawed because its characters are animals and that it thus excludes humans. The characters in Game Dogs talk like humans and talk about human things, so it doesn't exclude anyone. I hope you were joking, but just in case.

Anyway, Game Dogs has slowly gotten a bit better, but it still isn't really worth watching in my opinion. Aside from the fact that they're dogs, it doesn't really bring anything new or interesting to the table, and its characters feel very archetypical and one-dimensional. Don't get me wrong - I am fully aware that you need to give characters time to develop, and that you really can't call any character one-dimensional based on a single episode... but it's been a whole season, and nothing has happened at all with them. It's like their focal personality traits are "slacker" and "nerdy" and "girl", and that's all they will ever be. But you say you guys are taking our words to heart, so I will follow the show into the second season to see it improve.

And I agree very much that the suspensions in this thread really weren't called for. When you put entertainment on the internet, people are going to criticize the hell out of it, because people have different opinions and the point of forums is to share them, good and bad. Punishing the people who don't like your show is just kind of... I dunno, trashy.

It's a legitimate argument. I have trouble relating to the show because the characters aren't humans. It also just seems really weird and creepy that there are dogs that stand upright and talk like humans.

JustaGigolo:
Unforgotten Realms got canceled for this horrible, furfag, piece of crap show.

Escapist please don't give these people another season, cut your loses before they ruin they site.

Unforgotten realms is coming back just not on escapistmagazine.com:
http://urealms.com/

Next episode is april 30th.

Unlike most people, I liked season one for the most part. It had some truly funny moments. I know it will get better. With that said, I can't believe people are saying this more boring than "I hit with my axe". Game Dogs attempts to do something funny and interesting. Strippers playing D&D doesn't hold a candle to what this show is trying to do. I want anyone who actually believes that "I hit it with my axe" is better than Game Dogs to quote this post immediately telling me why they believe such a thing.

Was that the Zynga dog?!

Personally can't stand the serious. I wanna see more from the Doomsday Arcade blokes.

williebaz:

Citrus Insanity:

williebaz:

It's a legitimate argument. I have trouble relating to the show because the characters aren't humans. It also just seems really weird and creepy that there are dogs that stand upright and talk like humans.

That I really, truly hope was a joke...but I'm fairly certain that it is.

williebaz:

Cody211282:

williebaz:

Russ Pitts:
Season 2 Announcement

Watch Video

Listen I see that you've gotten a lot of people in trouble for complaining about this show, but I'm going to anyway:

This show is just not up to the escapistmagazine.com's standards. It's boring, vulgar, disgusting, and I don't like watching it. By keeping this show on air you are alienating a lot of your fanbase. It only took a few episodes for apocalypse lane to be good. But It's been a full season of Game Dogs, and this show is still painful to watch.

you sir are a brave brave man, and I salute you!

Thanks, if I get in trouble I don't really care; I'm fighting for the escapist here, not against it.

I salute you good sir.

I think the general consensus is that this show is widely regarded as terrible and I do believe that we should find a replacement. Personally the reason I'm not a paying member is because I don't believe that with shows like this, and I Hit It With My Axe that the escapist deserves my money. This show does have a chance to work but if all you do is ignore those with constructive criticism or just ban people who don't like it I really think this show is going to have a terrible effect on the escapist. We already feel that we are not being listened to, now adding orwellian style suspensions for people voicing opinions just isn't fundamentally right.

I've always been told that the escapist staff values us as members, I'd like to see a response to the large amount of criticism of the show even if you disagree with them just so we can see you are hearing us. You also might want to consider apologising to those members who have been suspended for voicing a negative opinion on your show, as I'm sure they didn't know disagreeing with your view meant harsh consequences.

*off*
No one forced anyone to watch this show.If you don't like it just don't watch it.

I had no idea the season ended. Well I'm expecting the 2nd Season to start next week. This was an awesome episode though, I liked the threat that was given...stale soda is bad indeed.

Wolfy2449:
hmm that is strange, if ppl dont like it why they watch every new episode instead of not watching it and posting negative comments???

Actually D and Associates is getting more comments and views. Game Dogs was getting pretty dead for awhile until this came up announcing another season. I think the Escapist has the right to be outraged after most of us have clearly stated this show does not meet up to the standards the Escapist is use to, but yet Russ really feels the need to shove this garbage down our throats.

williebaz:

Russ Pitts:
Season 2 Announcement

Watch Video

Cool. Thanks for the advice. I'll get right on that!

Truly guys...if the show needs a second season to work on itself I don't think it's going to work out...but keep at it as long as you can.Hell,if a good show comes out of this we would have experienced a Christmas mericle,and it's not Christmas so just think of how special that'll be. Also if this becomes an underdog story they'll have a new pun to use.And another also if you think UR was canned for any reason go to the damn blog or click this link http://wittywizard.blogspot.com/2010/04/unforgotten-realms-returns-april-30th.html

Wolfy2449:
hmm that is strange, if ppl dont like it why they watch every new episode instead of not watching it and posting negative comments???

I watch it to see if it improves. I remember, with Apocalypse Lane, it took quite a few episodes before I began to really enjoy it.
Personally, I'd rather this show be replaced by whatever wins this year's film contest.

Abedeus:

GameGoddess101:
Honestly, people!! Just a few things:

1.) Not EVERYTHING has to be funny!!! Rebecca Mayes Muses isn't funny, but I like it because its interesting and new. Neither is A Good Knight's Quest or I Hit It With My Axe, but people watch those. You can't judge everything by ZP. Adjust your expectations and judge it for what it is-- a character story.

Too bad that it's designed to be funny and a comedy. So far it's been a tragedy, what with the sniffing the ass jokes, transvestites as booth babes, changing every word to make it sound like a "dog" would say it, Beth's lack of personality and saying onomatopoeias instead of making sounds...

animation, comedy, furr-sama bin laden, game dogs, hostage, humor, russ pitts, srlf

I see neither comedy nor humor here.

2.) If you hate Game Dogs so much, why come back every week just to comment on how much you hate it? Do you have nothing better to do??

I struggle to watch it, then Doraleous. It makes D&A even funnier than it already is. I mean, compared to this, they can actually move the plot forward while making awesome jokes.

3.) People who are getting suspended for hating on GD isn't because they don't like it, but because they are needlessly hating without offering anything to the conversation...

YEAH. I'm actually afraid of making ANY comments here, so I made a special effort to be constructive. I still think the banhammer was just someone's hurt feelings talking. So:

- Less crude 7-year old humor (fart/sniffing jokes, dog play on words, dogs talking about sex with each other)
- More life into the characters. So they are not just 1D lines on paper, with no actual emotions, history or contribution. Hell, even Doraleous' Drak, the muscle-brained axe warrior, made some jokes in today's episode.
- Don't introduce characters that are made to be annoying if you already have 2-3 annoying characters.
- Don't repeat jokes we've heard countless times in the last 10 years. Seriously, we are not in the elementary school, we've seen almost all of your jokes before. The rest was not funny enough to be broadcast in public.

I'm certain that, I can put it better than that. But being this late makes me, not want to write much. Until then I give you a thumbs up for putting it so well.

Bob seems to be, the best character in this series so far. Which kind of strikes me as a sad thing.

Out of all of the characters Bob is my favourite so I probably enjoyed that more than I would with an episode.

Flont! :D

Demon ID:
I think the general consensus is that this show is widely regarded as terrible and I do believe that we should find a replacement. Personally the reason I'm not a paying member is because I don't believe that with shows like this, and I Hit It With My Axe that the escapist deserves my money. This show does have a chance to work but if all you do is ignore those with constructive criticism or just ban people who don't like it I really think this show is going to have a terrible effect on the escapist. We already feel that we are not being listened to, now adding orwellian style suspensions for people voicing opinions just isn't fundamentally right.

I've always been told that the escapist staff values us as members, I'd like to see a response to the large amount of criticism of the show even if you disagree with them just so we can see you are hearing us. You also might want to consider apologising to those members who have been suspended for voicing a negative opinion on your show, as I'm sure they didn't know disagreeing with your view meant harsh consequences.

I don't quite see the logic behind business plan either:

Step 1: Switch to an optional subscription and ask for support.
Step 2: Release Season 2 of Gamedogs even though it has become the bar for poor quality "Is it as bad as game dogs?"
Step 3: Punish people for saying they dislike Gamedogs and cant understand the announcement
Step 4: Big Profit.

No matter how many times I try to spin it in my head it looks like The Escapist is asking for money while producing poor quality pet projects and then disciplining people for not praising said pet project.

I come to The Escapist for the weekly Articles and the Forums. The Video Content is amazingly hit or Miss.

For me personally:

Hit:

Escape to the Movies
Unskippable
Video Review Supplements
Zero Punctuation

Meh:

A Good Knight's Quest
Escapist News Network
Loading Ready Run

Miss:

Apocalypse Lane
Doraleous and Associates

Dear god in heaven what have I done to deserve this? I shall atone for my sins by gouging out my eyes if you will make it stop!:

Gamedogs
Rebecca Mayes Muses
I hit it with my Axe

Your list may vary according to personal taste, but for me there is far too much "Meh" "Miss" and "Dear god why?" and as free content, I don't really have a say one way or the other and its nice that people are being creative and the Escapist is Supporting them. But as a paid Subscription then the bar for content needs to raise significantly.

Once you start charging in any format, people begin to expect value and quality... Gamedogs has neither.

El_Moss:
Out of all of the characters Bob is my favourite so I probably enjoyed that more than I would with an episode.

Flont! :D

Bob has revealed himself to be a deeply nuanced character. There will definitely be more Bob in Season Two.

EcoEclipse:
I think one of the biggest reasons I continue to watch Game Dogs is to see where they take it. It doesn't make me laugh too often, though it does amuse me. Bob is officially my favorite character after this video.

I'm hoping season two will improve on season one, as it really did get off to a rocky start and only got a little better as time went on. Like others have said, the show has potential. You just have to tap into it.

Thanks for chiming in, EcoEclipse. We've been paying attention to the criticisms and we think we have a good head start on making some changes and improving the show. I just got out of a meeting with the other writers and idea people and we're all pretty jazzed about what we've got in store for Season Two. Hope you like it.

Cosplay Horatio:
I had no idea the season ended. Well I'm expecting the 2nd Season to start next week.

It will be a few more weeks at least. Sorry about that. We'll keep you informed.

We are working on some cool stuff to tide you over int he mean time though. The actual Satan's Retrievers game should be coming out soon, as well as a few other things.

Pimppeter2:
Am I the only one that found it a tad bit offensive?

Offensive in what way?

thecaptainof:

Nerf Ninja:
So you're suspending people that don't like this now?

Presumably just those who persist in whining about it every time it's mentioned, just for the sake of a +1 to their post count.

Ding! This man wins a prize!

300lb. Samoan:
I enjoy this series for the real-life industry stories it manages to relate. The jokes don't always succeed (it's hard to look good when you've coming out vs. D&A every week!) but I like the stories and the concept. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Thanks for the love. Balancing the industry satire with the comedy is probably the biggest challenge in a 5 minute format. I'm actually glad for the break between season so that we can take a close look at what worked and what didn't. Hopefully we come out the other side with something you can say you like without reservation ;)

Russ Pitts:

Pimppeter2:
Am I the only one that found it a tad bit offensive?

Offensive in what way?

Not that I was actually really offended, but If I'm interpreting it right its kind of a joke on those terrorist videos were they hold people hostage and make demands.

That's not to say I was really offended, like I was actually angry or anything. But I found it a bit for lack of better terms, distasteful. It just made me a bit uncomfortable, and I'm usually someone that's hard to offend. Again, its not like it actually made me angry or think less of the show or you guys, not in the slightest.

Maybe I really am alone in thinking so. Regardless, I cannot wait to see where you guys take this show, and will continue to be a fan.

TheyTookOurJobs:
I'm completely bemused by how many chances some people are willing to give this. That said, I haven't watched it since about episode six and season 2 MAY be an improvement.

Yeah, seriously, we did get stuck in kind of a rut at one point in this season. I can see why you8 stopped watching.

I think the episodes in the 9, 10, 11, 12 range were a lot snappier though. Honestly, it's hard to get back on track after a couple of bad episodes, but we're going to give it a shot. There are things we know that people definitely don't like, and some we know they definitely do. So I'm hoping we can make a tasty happy cake out of that and please the folks who are on the fence about the show.

The people who are just going to hate no matter what ... I've kind of given up on those.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here