LoadingReadyRun: Installation Anxiety 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Why try to beat Endless Ocean when you have Nethack? Says it all, really.

I loved this episode. The fact that the pirogies stopped them from what they were doing was funny. The eye-patch joke was a groaner but still a little funny.

I just watched them at the same time, and I must say well done on the remake, the lighting is great and it flows better than the original, great job!

I had to watch the original again to make sure (it's been a while), but I disagree with anyone who thinks that the old one is better. Even putting the production values aside, I think that the delivery and script (although it's only SLIGHTLY changed) is actually better in the new one. I think most of those who claim otherwise are just attached to the original.

I for one am happy you posted it.

Wow, had to add a little love to all the hate.

I never saw your original skit, and thought this was great. Kudos and applause from my little corner of the Internet.

Homestar figures! woo!

Graham and I are wearing the same shirt, as of me watching this. I find this an amusing coincidence. And can Paul install Linux on my blender?

This is so much better than the origional. The dialogue in the first one just sounded flat and dull. The delivery in this felt so much more natural.

Haha, classical comedy!

It's good to see LRR back on form!

The entire episode was a build-up to the "eye patch" pun.....

also note: "iPatch"

xD Motion sensing brick. No it doesn't do that anymore XD "Everythings blurry" Yeah the drivers for eyes are still in beta :P

Genuine Genius.
I was laughing my ass off during my depressive hour of the day, and that's the best you can possibly do.

I miss other OS....

Its funny and all, but you guys already did this one. Did you take a week off?

Edit: Okay, after seeing the old episode I realize it is indeed a remake.

All of that, just to show off the new microwave?

Though i'm pretty confused now: perogis, boil or fry? XD

I loved this one! made me wonder what he could possibly be linuxing next XD

Furburt:
Erm...

Funny as always, but this is just Installation Anxiety again, isn't it? I mean, it's exactly the same.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do tell.

I mean, I'm not complaining, it's still a great episode (my first, actually) but I'm just not actually sure why you're remaking them.

Yeah, this... it just seems a little lazy. Not that i'm actually complaining, LRR gives me hundreds of FREE comedy short films, it's... well, seems like ou were taking a vaccation this week. If you wanted to have some time off, you could have just said, we wouldn't have minded!!! Really!!!

Dude!
Perogies are sooooo supposed to be boiled! Has the salt air in Vancouver corroded your brain?

I'd love nothing more than to see a remake of Skeletor's Dick.

Here's the link for those of you who missed the piece of epic: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/360/Skeletors-Dick

Also, please, please, please bring back Iron Stomach challenge

The pierogi bit gets me every time.

This has probably been answered on the LRR forums, but I've gotta know: does Paul really run Linux on his home box?

This was a fun trip down memory lane :) Thanks guys!

pierogis in the microwave?? pan fry them and serve them with sour cream!

What's this? A re-run? This is madness!
...no...
THIS...IS...LINUX!!!

I demand a remake of this remake! :P

Classic LRR at it's best! I hope they do their yearly special.

Yearly special needs to be done. Also, remakes are ok, i guess, but we really do need some Phailhaus again as opposed to reshooting old videos.

Manhattan2112:
Photobucket

Paul is even more awsomer with that. ._.

Moon_Called:

Anyway.
To those of you who haven't seen LRR's old episodes...
Go. Watch them. Now. Do yourself a favour.
http://www.loadingreadyrun.com
Even if you just click the Random Video button over and over and over and over and over, it'll be worth your time.

After unskippable was added here I went back and watched as many as I could. But for some reason a lot of the older ones come up with error messages and I can't watch them.

I really enjoyed the return of the Linux skit. Graham saying the word "perogies" makes me giggle for no reason.

Speaking of perogies... I bake them. >_>

But you guys have done this already :( it's still funny, though. Linux ftw!

This really shows how much you guys have improved over the years! Good job! Still very funny! And the new camera you're using is beautiful!

a remake of a still funny classic? i like it. a little confused why, but i like it.

Eric the Orange:

Moon_Called:

Anyway.
To those of you who haven't seen LRR's old episodes...
Go. Watch them. Now. Do yourself a favour.
http://www.loadingreadyrun.com
Even if you just click the Random Video button over and over and over and over and over, it'll be worth your time.

After unskippable was added here I went back and watched as many as I could. But for some reason a lot of the older ones come up with error messages and I can't watch them.

Yeah, it does that for some of the videos, but for the majority, it shouldn't.
Sometimes, there's the option to watch the video in a different format - ie Quicktime, etc. Sometimes that helps.

Not to be a killjoy and all, but I much prefer the original. Mostly because it's the first LRR video I watched. and it was funny as hell xD. Plus the jokes were delivered better.

I was hoping for a sequel, I mean I wasn't crazy about the original but a sequel might have worked, but a remake? and Paul still doesn't make it believable that he's actually typing anything, he's just mashing the keys, that may be nit-picky but I think it would've been more enjoyable if he didn't look so... odd while typing

I didn't see the original, so all i can is this is bloody brilliant! ;p

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or