Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 23 NEXT

This was probably my favorite muses since Sim 3, not that the others in between weren't good, but this sounded great again.

What did Yahtzee do that makes him a sexist?

Zhandarr:
Hahaha, brilliant as always. Pants on head offended = win.

That was one of my favourite parts, too :)

Bwown:
What did Yahtzee do that makes him a sexist?

I was wondering that myself. The only gender-related subject matter I can think of was when he was complaining about a lack of decent roles for women in games. Farrah in Prince of Persia and Portal = Great, Giant Chested Anatomically Incorrect Vapid Stereotypes = Bad. I got that she was offended by the word retarded and the chorus was "Is it okay the way that I am." So logic would dictate that she must in some way...

(like to wear pants on her head or something)

Loved it, is definitely one of my favourites.

Can't wait to see Yahtzees' reaction

hmm im pritty sure he clearly must have ripped on her fav game...tomb raider maybe... cos her like windows paint person looks alot like her...

Everyone who commented on this thread:
-snip-

Holy shit is the entire Escapist this fucking shallow and pedantic.

I mean honestly look at yourselves.

JustaGigolo:
She's a feminist, she's illogically pissed off at every man.

They see me trollin', they hatin'

*Ties Imp to flag pole* RALLY BEHIND YAHTZEE'S BANNER!

mechanixis:

Everyone who commented on this thread:
-snip-

Holy shit is the entire Escapist this fucking shallow and pedantic.

I mean honestly look at yourselves.

Hmm, yes, I agree. Shallow and pedantic. Just like this meatloaf.

JustaGigolo:
She's a feminist, she's illogically pissed off at every man.

Nah, mostly just people who think feminism means being illogical and angry.

ha once again a master piece, so now i think the field has been set for a battle

I gotta say, that was a fun song to listen to, although I think I missed the love part of it.

signingupforgames:

Swifteye:

Oh he did see it. I noticed that he hates everyone. I really get tired of that speil. Why can't there be a smart opinionated person that doesn't hate everyone?

Mostly because if someone is opinionated and smart they force their opinion forward and if you can't see that it's smarter than what you think you must be stupid.

And I for one hate stupid people.

I guess that makes sense. But I myself never saw the point of condemning people because they are stupid. It's like "I've spent a day or two or several unfiltered hours with this person and noticed that they aren't very smart." but i've never held it against anyone at best I wish they would learn but I always kinda felt that we are all stupid because there is always something we know nothing about and if we ran into someone that knew everything about it they would say we are stupid when that isn't the truth. It's almost like smart people think they are above being respectful to someone who is of a lower level of intelligence. And that thought process is why stupid people don't listen because no one likes being talked down to stupid or smart.

Ooooooh SNAP!

Now I'm really interested what Yahtzee has to say about this. Pants-on-head offended = WIN!

So entertaining. Great song, though they are beginning to sound a bit similar.

ma props! Nice to see someone call Yahtzee on his misogyny. Could also have called him on the homophobia, too.

OMG, she outdid herself! This might be my new favorite, especially because of the spot.

Awww... all Yahtzee needed was a hug all along!!! Seriously, though, great job.

So I click my Escapist bookmark, scan the front page, see this, and think: Oh bugger, it's just a stupid stunt to get more clicks by basing something on what, despite a steady drop in popularity for quite a while, remains the most popular feature on the site. And I know I'm going to watch it anyway.

It turns out I was right.

And that is why mankind always finds way to surprise you and always in a negative light. Good night, children.

Im not sure if she realised, but depending on what yahtzee does this could cause a escapist civil war.(gulp)

I am not sure how I felt about this song. It had a pretty decent beat, but the lyrics seemed strained to me. Loved the Yahtzee references, didn't like the Anti-Yahtzee sentiment, but that might have been all humor.

I can't tell if she was extolling him or degrading him. And if that was her intention all along, then bravo, Miss.

I thought it was pant-on-head retarded.

Why is everything Rebecca Mays does in a minor key? I don't want tragic songs about videogames. Generally, your videos are well edited, with good visuals (although it's very jpegy this time around). But what you need is CATCHY RIFFS and CHANGING CHORUSES. The master of the song parody, Weird Al, changes choruses slightly when he dose a parody. Nobody else seems to note that repeating lyrics aren't funny the second time you hear them.

I shouldn't have thought 'OK' was the point of it, but there you are.

Thanks for the song, Rebecca!

Who knows, maybe this shall finally penetrate mr Yahtzees tough skin and rejuvenate his little heart.

A very nice tribute to a very nice video series.

Swifteye:
That was really great but now I simply must see what yathzee has to say about this I mean I am itching.

DoanDavid:

The Red Dragon:
I really enjoyed this song, and i'm sure Yahtzee will too. :)

He sure has a mean way of expressing it.

http://twitter.com/YahtzeeCroshaw

But then again, that's just him being himself.

Oh he did see it. I noticed that he hates everyone. I really get tired of that speil. Why can't there be a smart opinionated person that doesn't hate everyone?

Because when you are smart and opinionated, you tend to realize how awful the rest of the world is, would be my guess.

Loved this. A lot.

Pants-on-head offended was my favorite as well :P

You know, I have the odd feeling that Yahtzee is very turned on by this. Excellent first move towards a long-distance relationship.

That is one awesome song

Wow, that was awesome! ^_^

@YahtzeeCroshaw you might not be misogynist but in my eyes you are making sexism/homophobia socially acceptable.

Twitter is getting interesting. I'm really REALLY not sure if this is a "joke" or not now. At first I thought it was, but now... well, now it's just creepy after reading their Twitters.

And here I was thinking you forgot to make this song.
Great song

Cool. That's all I have to say.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook