Escapist News Network: Snobcon 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

PayneTrayne:

dragontiers:
-snip-

It's just someone who looks like him, can't remember his name though he has showed up once or twice during DesertBus and caused mass confusion.

I think you're remembering someone else. That was Morgan Cranny, who played the SLEDGEHAMMER! rep in an ENN episode a while back.
He only recently grew the beard, so it wouldn't have been him during Desert Bus.

Graham, no! Say it isn't so! SAY IT ISN'T SO! All this time... I've been such a fool!

I mean... Nickelback?! Come on!

Well you wanted it to be art. Gotta stand all the gaming art beatniks now.

Alar:
Graham, no! Say it isn't so! SAY IT ISN'T SO! All this time... I've been such a fool!

I mean... Nickelback?! Come on!

Dude, we're embarrassed that they're Canadian.

GrahamS:

PayneTrayne:

dragontiers:
-snip-

It's just someone who looks like him, can't remember his name though he has showed up once or twice during DesertBus and caused mass confusion.

I think you're remembering someone else. That was Morgan Cranny, who played the SLEDGEHAMMER! rep in an ENN episode a while back.
He only recently grew the beard, so it wouldn't have been him during Desert Bus.

Well then, my mistake for spreading false information. Dragon, Graham is the authority over my observation. Cheers!

stinkychops:
I always hated the way its so acceptable to talk about mutilating someone as long as its a woman saying 'cut off your dick'. What about cutting off a womens breasts? Seems a lot sicker doesn't it? Even though it would be far less damaging to their lives assuming they didn't die, and it holds as much leverage against womens chauvinism. Seeing as it removes their motherliness and their main sorta sexual prompter.

Am I rambling or does someone agree?

It's briefly mentioned in Wolf Creek to demonstrate exactly how deranged and psychotic the antagonist was. Otherwise, I think it's just the SEXIST! card coming into play again.

This ENN reminded me of a LRR from 2005

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/35/The-Rant-Scenesters-and-Snobbery

the subject matter never gets old

Well, at least it was a different take on the Internet's Nickelback hate machine... +1 point for originality I guess.

I'm still laughing at Mario Bros part.

PayneTrayne:
Is it safe to assume this is more sketch like because of the near drought of news after E3?

It is never safe.

That said, this week's episode is longer-form because the concept demanded it. We wanted to show a lot of crazy games, and even edited down, it still ended up long enough to basically fill the episode. It's fun to mix things up occasionally :).

I can't beleive anyone would think that was funny, sucky writing and terrible acting. I should stop fooling myself that i'm going to actually enjoy ENN. Back to zero punctuation.

Jer_LRR:

PayneTrayne:
Is it safe to assume this is more sketch like because of the near drought of news after E3?

It is never safe.

That said, this week's episode is longer-form because the concept demanded it. We wanted to show a lot of crazy games, and even edited down, it still ended up long enough to basically fill the episode. It's fun to mix things up occasionally :).

Oo, proven wrong twice in the same thread. Shame on me. Well, at least I have this episode to cheer me up, right?

Matamusca:
I can't beleive anyone would think that was funny, sucky writing and terrible acting. I should stop fooling myself that i'm going to actually enjoy ENN. Back to zero punctuation.

Obvious troll is quite obvious.

Tharwen:

stinkychops:
I always hated the way its so acceptable to talk about mutilating someone as long as its a woman saying 'cut off your dick'. What about cutting off a womens breasts? Seems a lot sicker doesn't it? Even though it would be far less damaging to their lives assuming they didn't die, and it holds as much leverage against womens chauvinism. Seeing as it removes their motherliness and their main sorta sexual prompter.

It's briefly mentioned in Wolf Creek to demonstrate exactly how deranged and psychotic the antagonist was. Otherwise, I think it's just the SEXIST! card coming into play again.

Am I being sexist or are you saying society is overcompensating towards feminism?

Wow, never would have guessed Starky had tats :P

did anyone else think penrose sounded like stephen hawking?

also... best ENN ever

stinkychops:

Tharwen:

stinkychops:

Am I being sexist or are you saying society is overcompensating towards feminism?

I mean that anything considered aggressive towards women is regarded as sexist, even if people don't actually say it. It's generally a good idea, in evolutionary terms, not to harm potential mates and this is why it's shocking to people.

Tharwen:

Eh...now Nickleback...er..Nickelback? Anyway, I don't mind them so much. The guy has a very interesting voice, lol. I listen to country though so ya'll probably don't like my choice anyway. But seriously, now Wolf Creek is something I can't see people getting behind.

That movie felt like taking an actual road trip. I mean, the last like...ten minutes were good, but from what I remember, I almost fell asleep during that film. Febleh...

Also, I loved the finger snapping instead of clapping thing. That usually seems to be a reference to beatnicks but I always love watching it. It's just kind of funny to watch, lol. I like the name of ____, that looks like an awesome game! Darn Xbox live getting a good downloadable title!

"You've heard of it."

Best. Comeback. Ever. xD

Still, creepy guest speakers. I applaud them. lol

Odd, thought it was great. The feminist, the odd voices, the hatred of indie posers.

Sweet sweet work guys.

ydkwidrmw:
did anyone else think penrose sounded like stephen hawking?

also... best ENN ever

Yes, just like Hawking's machine, as if this artiste was instrumental in developing it.

littlerudi08107:

MadeinHell:
Great ENN.
I just have to ask one thing. What's the meaning of Graham's hand tattoos? Other than making him look more rockband/gaybar like persona :).

It's a specially designed shirt that has flesh colored sleeves with tattoo designs on them to give the illusion that the wearer has tattoos.

Only douchebags wear those kind of shirts... Those douchebags also listen to Nickelback... The joke is he's poking fun at people who listen to Nickelback by dressing like a douchebag. Get it?

No I...

Oooohhhh! I get it now!

duchaked:
aw...why the hate for Nickelback?

actually...it's ironic enough for me to listen to them at all considering they're a Canadian band :s

why is that ironic? I'm also Canadian, I don't listen to them.

"It blinked!"
"That is a glitch."

And Graham saying "Oh snap". Another awesome episode :)

It does seem that Kathleen doesn't hairflip anymore though :(

D: at 3:10
also, methinks some people at ENN don't like Nickelback :S

Oh finger snaps!

Awesome. ENN gets better and better.

Brilliant. As always.
Every Friday I load all The Escapist videos and overdose myself with'em. I like them all (almost all), but always save Unskippable and ENN for last as dessert.
What a funny bunch you all are.

Finally, it's not just me who thinks Nickleback is a terrible choice!

Cute... Cute bit.

Great job, guys! The other guys you got to act as the pretentious shower of indie ass munchers were absolutely stellar! The psycho girl and the obnoxious asshole at the Super Mario Brothers thing was priceless.

That said, I think independent games development is actually a good thing :P

Fantastic parody though.

Perhaps Kathleen should host the next ENN on her own too, so as to give Graham more time with his Nickelback buddies :P

what do you call it? Super mario bros.

concupiscentcrustace:

duchaked:
aw...why the hate for Nickelback?

actually...it's ironic enough for me to listen to them at all considering they're a Canadian band :s

why is that ironic? I'm also Canadian, I don't listen to them.

ehh not you I just meant myself but...long story so nvm haha

the first one of these to ever make me laugh... congrats.

I love the ... game.

"You're interacting with it."

So snobbish, and yet so true.

Also can I play Shiloh's game? I'll play both, they sound fun.

Belladonnah:
The psycho girl was strangely erotic...

Agreed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook