Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

You know what Yahtzee (and any other uberfans that think just like him)? It's pretty damn obvious that the PUBLIC STILL GIVES A DAMN ABOUT DUKE NUKEM! I honestly cannot wait to see your real review of this game! That is, if you ever do review it! And sure call it "an utterly generic brown fps" again, call it over hyped, call it shit in your actual review (if you ever make one)! But you know what? None of that bullshit IS EVER going to keep me or anyone else WHO STILL CARES from playing this game! Even those who hate Duke Nukem will buy this just to say they have piece of former vaporware in their collection! Mock it all you want, but no matter which way you look at it, this is video game history in the making!

What really sucks is that Psychonauts went up against Mailbag showdown. I'm sure it would have gone much further if not for that whole fiasco.

Imagine, Telekenetic bears Vs a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.

BTW, in the game that gun isn't that powerful.

A Person:
Gentlemen....

BEHOLD. http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/72113764

This is it.

THIRTEEN YEARS.

Did you seriously just link a 4chan url? You really shouldn't be on that site if you have no idea how it works tbh.

Anyway its extremely interesting timing that this wins and the game gets a demo revealed a few days later, which makes me ponder if someone knew something they weren't letting on... CONSPIRACY!

I bet he's going to have to eat this review with his arse when the real DNF comes out.

I mean, it's going to be crap. This review won't work with it.

wow, Yahtzee called it... duke nukem forever is announced the week he reposts this haha

Don't you love irony...

we reposted it. Fate called it.

It's like in Dogma. Yahtzee is God, and God can never be wrong. So if Yahtzee reviews DNF, then DNF must exist. Otherwise existence itself would be destroyed.

What if this was all rigged by 3d realms(or gearbox).

That would be nice =D.

Hey, which one of the reviews was it where the imps review dog food at the end?

That shit still kills me.

Master Chibi:
Hey, which one of the reviews was it where the imps review dog food at the end?

That would be Halo Wars, with an intro by Graham Stark on X-Blades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbEqS-4TfwY Here some interview w/ Randy Pitchford and Gameplay from inside gaming.Game gonna release 2011 they say. DNF FTW!

Funny thing is at the PAX conference this weekend they had a hands on for this game. Being totally serious about this it was there.

http://www.newsarama.com/games/duke-nukem-forever-pax-100905.html

This is amazing

:D!

Godfather912:
You know what Yahtzee (and any other uberfans that think just like him)? It's pretty damn obvious that the PUBLIC STILL GIVES A DAMN ABOUT DUKE NUKEM! I honestly cannot wait to see your real review of this game! That is, if you ever do review it! And sure call it "an utterly generic brown fps" again, call it over hyped, call it shit in your actual review (if you ever make one)! But you know what? None of that bullshit IS EVER going to keep me or anyone else WHO STILL CARES from playing this game! Even those who hate Duke Nukem will buy this just to say they have piece of former vaporware in their collection! Mock it all you want, but no matter which way you look at it, this is video game history in the making!

BAHAhahahahAHhaha..

haaha..

Spelonker:
But I already know I'll love it anyway. I always bet on Duke use memes.

Yahtzee is the House MD of gaming (heh heh that was smart heh heh)

GIdub:

Spelonker:
But I already know I'll love it anyway. I always bet on Duke use memes.

Go hate games by yourself.

pancakes

Guess whats coming out, AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I only got to vote the last 2 rounds thanks to school, but this was the best there, I mean, the postbag beatdown?

Wolfenstein was way better imho though.

Also, kind of awkward no that DNF has gone to another studio and has been announced for 2011...

Whether DNF ever actually exists doesn't change the fact that DNF is nothing more than an insignificant fart in the wind. Indeed, a studio actually shooting DNF spunk at the public merely validates this entire review, both when Ben actually made it and now, as well as every other review Ben has given.

Should we tell him the game now exists and will be out in a year?

I like at the end he says "Now let's forget about this fucking game forever"

Sorry Yahtzee, but it's actually coming out.

Funny this, considering that this game is now legitimately in development at Gearbox, slated for release next year.

Yahtzee might actually have to make a real review of the real thing a year from now.

Blackadder51:
Oh god...

A review of the game that doesn't exist won.

Nah, he's so kick ass that he made a review before the game came out.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8071-PAX-2010-Hands-On-Duke-Nukem-Forever

Reagus:

A Person:
Gentlemen....

BEHOLD. http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/72113764

This is it.

THIRTEEN YEARS.

Did you seriously just link a 4chan url? You really shouldn't be on that site if you have no idea how it works tbh.

Anyway its extremely interesting timing that this wins and the game gets a demo revealed a few days later, which makes me ponder if someone knew something they weren't letting on... CONSPIRACY!

"I'M BEING A NEWFAG AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME"

Other than that, I don't thing anything Conspiracy like Is happening.

I wonder if he is gonna make another review.

This is a review of the 3DRealms game (with occasional references to the screenshots and trailers)

The new game is by Gearbox Software and has *nothing* to do with the 3DRealms game.

Yatzhee said clearly that the 3DRealms version of Duke Nukem looked like "Utterly generic brown FPS that any competant studio could have farted out in a year or two."
And, in the hands of a competant studio, they have indeed farted out the game in a year and a half. And it'll probably be another god-awful brown FPS.

The hope I have is that it'll be a reworking of the franchise in the same manner that Doom3 was. Properly.

Sorry guys but I hear the sound of Gearbox farting in Yahtzee's face. :P

Interscene:
This is a review of the 3DRealms game (with occasional references to the screenshots and trailers)

The new game is by Gearbox Software and has *nothing* to do with the 3DRealms game.

Yatzhee said clearly that the 3DRealms version of Duke Nukem looked like "Utterly generic brown FPS that any competant studio could have farted out in a year or two."
And, in the hands of a competant studio, they have indeed farted out the game in a year and a half. And it'll probably be another god-awful brown FPS.

The hope I have is that it'll be a reworking of the franchise in the same manner that Doom3 was. Properly.

I'd hate to break it to you, but the Duke Nukem Forever Gearbox is working is THE SAME project 3rd Realms has been working on. All they are doing now is polishing all the assets 3rd Realms has created and they are just polishing the game for release.

I think it's the irony that won. Not being a real game made it ironic, and the ironic part attracted people. This would have been a funny April Fool's video.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Imper1um:
I seriously thought shurikens and lightning was going to win. :P

It was always going to be a match between those two, tbh.

what about half stake gun half grenade launcher,or half minigun half rocketlauncher , or what about half crossbow half shrunken head launcher?(they are all from painkiller games)

Cant watch any of the videos, because of the bloody inane click to resume window, escapist, please fix.

Duke Nukem Forever is actually going to kick ass though =\

Looks actual fun.. I can't wait to try stuff like flood the toilets with all the wash basins etc

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here