Game Dogs: Game Makes You

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Lo0ved the cut to communist esque film...hilarius

It was an OK episode. They are depending(word?) on Bob too much.

Bad Russian joke expected, in mother russia game dogs hate you.

^^ that was really good.
That was nice.

Video likes me

Nice, but I'd prefer the Russians to be quite the other way around. Like "hey what are you in for, money? we don't care about the money! you're here to make a fucking great game!"

I'm serious, a lot of very unique games are created in Russia. Like the guys who made Pathologic. Or fly simulators. Sure, a lot of crappy budget games come from Russia as well, but even those are usually better than budget games (or even AAA games) from other countries.

WTF! this show has gone from more traditional sitcom to family guy style humour in the case of what?, an episode or two, and I just don't get it,why the change?. Gamerdogz has potential to be awesome but you guys really have to keep your self more grounded in your scripts. Its clear you guys are really trying to sell this show to us, which is fine, but if I were you I would certainly consider returning to the old style. Bob was hilarious last season, but he was hardly in it and now he's a lame happy tree friends reject, disappointed with this effort I must say

MFunction:
America leave Russia alone! There are no long communist! and there is nothing wrong with it! This is really annoying almost 20 years since Russia been a capitalist country it's not funny!

I knew someone was going to get offended with the russia jokes. It was just a matter of time.

Hehe...Bob is awesome. And i thought it couldnt get any more fun. I am glad i was wrong.

First blood!

The Old style effect with the Russians was pretty dumb and useless....however the rest of the episode was decent at best. LOVED BOB!!!!!!

JourneyThroughHell:

George Palmer:

JourneyThroughHell:
You know, this episode is actually pretty good and the stereotyping of Russians I find hilarious.

But that language they're speaking... not Russian. At all.

Yes it is. Its TOTALLY Russian. Its from the upper, mid, eastern, north west, central region of Russia.

But I live in the upper, mid, eastern etc... region of Russia. And we don't speak that language.

I demand a written apology!

I would but unfortunately I cant write in Russian. I can only speak upper, mid, eastern, north west, central Russian. I'll ask Bob if he knows how to write it. He spend a lot of time undercover in Moscow when working for the CIA during the 1950s. Or so I've heard...

I love Ivan and Drago

and I love how today's Gamedog's banner has Ivan's face on with "games for the people"

(join the group)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Game-Dogs

Ok now that was good.

Anyone else think that "Drago" is just Headless Kevin, or is that just me.

In Soviet Russia, Game Makes You? Loved the special Russian Vision, it really makes them hard to take seriously as antagonists (a good thing, though!). But I'm pretty sure Patrick Swayze was never in The Usual Suspects.

I'm a fan of the propaganda music.

I'm just enjoying this for the fact that the 3 dogs from the first season haven't said a lot.

Crazier than ever !!! WOLVERINES !!!

WE MUST NOT ALLOW A GAME SHAFT GAP!

Trying to hard to be funny.

While in the past I did bash this show (pretty hard), I have to say the creators have done a much better job this season; At least so far. The fact that they've withheld all the stupid dog puns is a huge step on the right direction -- although I'm not saying they should be cut out entirely -- and Bob continues to be funny. The Russians also seem to have potential in them, and Steve the layer is pretty good, too. All in all they're doing a much better job and no longer am I so royally pissed about the continuation of this show on the Escapist.

This. Was. Awesome.

This is the best episode out of both seasons so far! I don't even have to launch into a diatribe about how bad a part of it is, there was nothing I want to rant about! Congratulations, if this keeps up I can probably safely say Game Dogs has grow it's beard.

The only nitpick I'd have is the Russkievision, but it's not a big gripe and I can probably get pretty used to it. I loved how the Russian Anthem(? I can't remember) played behind them, as well. That was a nice touch.

You had me laughing for a good while with this one, nice work! :)

Why is it so childish? The second it will be crafted for adults instead of children it will get 10 times better. I have kept saying that since the beguinning of that serie but have yet to see any changes... well changes that go in that way.

Supp:
WE MUST NOT ALLOW A GAME SHAFT GAP!

That shaft is MINE!

Main character jokes: 0
New wackier character jokes: all

Maybe the plan here should be to make a new wackier charcters series. Just get rid of Beth and nerddog and lazy charisma dog all together and reboot the franchise into "Funny Dogs Doing Random Things". Throw in a spunky robot dog ninja with a lisp and perhaps a time travelling weasel from the future.

a good chuckle worthy episode, Draco really has a grade A scary voice, he could make the wild flying water atoms in a boiling pot of water stand in order.

You know, I was going to write "Yes, yes. Very good. Excellent episode" in Russian, but I can't get the characters to show up properly. Guess English will have to do.

I LOVE BOB! WOLVERINES!

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" made me chuckle

it's funny cos it's relevant to the format.

Straying Bullet:
No laughing. Only Bob manages to save every episode. You guys need some work. Sorry. It does improve, little by little.

Well, it had another saving grace: it was 3 minutes long. Brevity is the soul of wit, so maybe it's heading the right direction?

Totally unrelated question; how much time do you have to give something before you can write it off as bad and never watch it again?

Ok seriously, you guys are trying too hard now. This series was never very funny from the beginning. You switched up scripts multiple times trying multiple comedic styles and you failed at all of them. This show is nothing close to funny and now relies on pathetic Russian jokes partly based off of, old dumb memes.

You guys are sooner or later gonna have to accept the fact that this was a failed experiment and stop trying to keep it alive by constantly changing the script with the same horrible jokes.

Take this criticism for what you want. Most of the makers either ignore criticism or suspend those who criticize this atrocity. Well I guess its true when they say "truth hurts."

Not trying to troll or be mean but honest. This series is not good. Never was and the way it appears to be going, it never will be.

Loved the episode!

WOLVERINE!

WOLVERINES

Bob remains the only truly funny character of the series. Gary is irritating, and it's a shame i view him as such as i really loved his VO for Cuddles in Apocalypse Lane. I have a hard time taking the characters seriously because their animation is so stiff and repetitious in the hand gestures and such. Contrary to what some people have said, i didn't like the russian-o-vision. I found it very disorienting when it swapped from that black and white film effect to normal colour and back again numerous times, along with the all the myriad of background noises you included. Ivan and Drago(?) make for good characters, though ease up on the overused 'da' please. It gives the impression you only say the token 'yes' because it's all most people know and it just comes off as cheap. I can only hope Bob continues to provide humour and create some tension between the rest of the crew and their Russian benefactors.

I liked the "Ivan Drago" referance BUT I think the russians should only look stereotypical when they address somebody and the rest of the time they wear business suits.

Meh, Bob is mildly amusing, but I guess this show just isn't my brand of humor. I've tried to get into it and can't, and judging by the comments I'm not the only one. If I may ask, why exactly does this show get huge site-skin ads, badges, and its own game when other shows that are more popular - judging by the number of comments in lieu of actual traffic numbers - like Doraleous and Associates, Extra Credits, and even MovieBob, don't get any fanfare aside from the spot on the front page? Not to mention that they're also lower on the show list sidebar - oh wait, I guess I just did.

I just don't like this series. Really have tried to get into it. Watched the whole forst season and now the beginnings of season 2. Just doesn't work for me... "Oh why don't you stop watching then!"... That's exactly what I'm doing... At least i's not as bad as I hit with my axe which is just dullll, watched a minute of that and got bored

Indignation837:
Meh, Bob is mildly amusing, but I guess this show just isn't my brand of humor. I've tried to get into it and can't, and judging by the comments I'm not the only one. If I may ask, why exactly does this show get huge site-skin ads, badges, and its own game when other shows that are more popular - judging by the number of comments in lieu of actual traffic numbers - like Doraleous and Associates, Extra Credits, and even MovieBob, don't get any fanfare aside from the spot on the front page? Not to mention that they're also lower on the show list sidebar - oh wait, I guess I just did.

Yup, this getting huge promotions it silly imo... again opnion therefore I don't care if people disagree... (I'm highly defensive today :P)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here