Trailers: Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Teaser

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Teaser

Infecting the world of Red Dead Redemption, the pack features a brand new single player story following John Marston as he rides off into the unknown in search of a cure for the zombie plague seizing the nation.

Watch Video

Wow. Looks amazing, the zombies seem way scarier and a more challenging enemy than I thought they'd be.
Just.... wow. I'm saving that 10 I've got for this sole reason.
I'm also torn between if it's light hearted or serious, because the text seems kind of cartoony by the video itself looks pretty damn dramatic and awesome.
Either way, *waits patiently in chair for release date to be announced*.

Holy shit! Zombear! Can't wait for this...

But what if ...

The video keeps repeating the first few seconds everytime I try to play it after a fifa advert.
Im not even buying fifa and its ruining my interwebs ):

Midnight0000:

But what if ...

Zombie John Marston? Its odd,it looks to have quite a grindhouse feel to it, with the cartoony writing, and the raw gratuitous violence.

imnotparanoid:
The video keeps repeating the first few seconds everytime I try to play it after a fifa advert.
Im not even buying fifa and its ruining my interwebs ):

Refresh the page, worked for me.
OT: Looks awesome, could be a bit silly but will still be getting it

...further proving my theory that zombies make everything better

Looks awesome will buy.

Wow, that looks actually good!

I like Rockstar and love RDR, mind you. I just thought zombies would totally not fit into the setting... guess they proved me wrong. I think I might even consider buying it.

You mean.. John Marston's back? Excuse me a moment..

SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I thought it looked pretty good, especially that it adds to the storyline and isnt just a multiplayer thing. More Miss McFarlane and the Sheriff = Me Likey.

It could just be me, but zombies don't seem appropriate for Red Dead Redemption. It just doesn't seem to fit with the type of story being told.

I know a lot of people are going to look at this and say "Great, MORE zombies", but think this over. We've done zombies in the present (95% of zombie games), zombies in the future (Borderlands' Zombie Island of Dr. Ned), zombies in World War 2 (zombie modes in Call of Duty)... but how often have we gone further back? The Old West was already a functionally-lawless society in many places, so what do you do when the nearest form of law enforcement is a hundred miles away across trackless scrubland, everything between you and it craves your sweet delicious flesh, your only ranged weapons are single-action revolvers, lever-action rifles or bows and arrows, and the only automatic firearm you're likely to see has to be mounted on a wagon and operates by a crank? Naturally, you band together with others... but desperate people can do desperate things, and in an all-but-forgotten frontier town, nobody knows what sins you commit except you- and whoever you let live.

This has some potential, and though I don't own RDR, I'm interested to see what they do with this.

Zombie bears. Oh Gods no.

If I had RDR, I would totally buy this.

...MAIH GAWD!!!

Can this zombie fad die already?

Cousin_IT:

Must resist pun...

Cousin_IT:

Honestly, the number of games it's in is exaggerated and it's completely optional anyway. Maybe I'm missing something, but the only motive for wanting it too stop is that people are having fun differently than you.

Awesome. Straight awesome.

this will be awesome (even more if we can use the Gatling gun on them)
Zombear is epic tier :D

Cousin_IT:

But how can you kill that which is already dead?

Also: Zombies are cool. But I can see how you'd be sick of them with this DLC, Borderlands' Zombie Island, Dead Rising 2/Case Zero, Left 4 Dead 1/2: The Passing and The Sacrifice, I MAED A GAEM WITH ZOMBIES IN IT!!!11! in Rock Band, Infection game-types in Halo, Husks in Mass Effect 2, Zombies in Black Ops...

Jesus Christ. I can see why you'd be annoyed.

Better be an option to play as Jack Marston and meet a zombie John. That would rock. Kill him or not? Your choice, but be prepared to lose a HELL of a lot of honor for it.

Love the ZOMBEAR!

Ironic Pirate:

Cousin_IT:

Honestly, the number of games it's in is exaggerated and it's completely optional anyway. Maybe I'm missing something, but the only motive for wanting it too stop is that people are having fun differently than you.

Cousin_IT:

you missed something

Cant F---ing wait!

Midnight0000:

But what if ...

Hmmm, valid point sir...

Damn it I sold my RDR!

Epic.
but will it have multiplayer coop?
because every zombie game is better with coop.

and if it doesnt
then ill have to pass

I do reckon it looks like a super-happy-fun time.
I'm especially excited to hear about the new weapons. One of them is a fucking pirate blunderbuss!!

Also I can't wait to see what the new location is like!
Personally, I'm really hoping for a new area north of Great Plains, across that north-most river with a new bridge, a whole new huge forest with a secluded forest village inside it. Plus, lots of new plains area.

What does everyone else hope for the new location?

Cousin_IT:

Ironic Pirate:

Cousin_IT:

Cousin_IT:

you missed something

Damn it, now I look like an ass.

I always miss the subtleties. This is like the third time I've done that today.

Sorry about that, anyway.

The Zango:
Cant F---ing wait!

Midnight0000:

But what if ...

Hmmm, valid point sir...

My assumption on this is that it's a totally separate campaign than the main game, like the add-ons for GTA4. I assume this is some kind of alternate reality.

holographicman:
Epic.
but will it have multiplayer coop?
because every zombie game is better with coop.

and if it doesnt
then ill have to pass

lol I guess you can some friends can just not shoot eachother in freeroam? That passes as co-op for me. Probably an even cooler co-op, since you could backstab your friends so the zombies eat them and yopu can make a getaway! ^^
Man I have my fingers crossed for a zombie flech eating animation. How awesome would it be to fially see your guy succumbto the zombies hoard and the camera slowly floats upwards GTA-style with a dozen zombies kneeling over you rustling around for a bite to eat. XD

This is what I thought at first sight

Good for people with Red Dead I guess. My friend talks about it all the time so I guess I should ask him.

Syphous:

The Zango:
Cant F---ing wait!

Midnight0000:

But what if ...

Hmmm, valid point sir...

My assumption on this is that it's a totally separate campaign than the main game, like the add-ons for GTA4. I assume this is some kind of alternate reality.

Thats probably the best way around that conumdrum, like multiplayer could only be explained as a seperate reality.
I just hope the weapons and location carry over to your regular game. ^^

Haha! Loving the look of this so far - Fantastic!

JRCB:
Zombie bears. Oh Gods no.

If I had RDR, I would totally buy this.

Well there's an easy solution to that; Buy Red Dead. XD

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: