Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 18 NEXT

Wolfy2449:

Nile McMorrow:
I think it should've been chet being run over.

Why ppl hate chet so much? Hes awesome xD

I agree, Chet and Roger was like the only ones that had personalty, Beth was just boring, there was nothing interesting about here. Roger had a pretty neat personalty and I think he commit suicide because Beth died and he had a crush on Beth so that Beth is dead, he don't have a reason to live no more.

MNRA:

Crabby_the_Frog:
1. Roger had 16 thousand votes, at the time where they hid the results of the game's poll. Beth had only 7k.
2. Beth was my favorite character.
3. I am disappoint.

This.

Also: I wish Gary would've kicked it. Damn I hate that mutt :P

"Gary? No Gary was some guy from accounting I demoted.."

That show rocks my goddamn kiwi socks off!

...love Mash

snowfox:

GaelicValley91:
Wait they where in the car for FOUR hours! How far must they be from the work, yet live close enough to Beth to then run her over and continue to drive for three hours and not reach work?
Then again they probably started driving in the opposite direction to the work once they hit Beth.... I think I'm over thinking this....

The title of the episode was "Road Trip" so I don't think they were going to work.

Wasn't the title "Hand Of Fate" and anyway, when Ross finds the law for explain why it was not a crime to run over Beth, Ross says 'For two or more people commuting to a PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT on a Thursday between the hours of 8:26am and 9:17am in the late summer, early fall, when an artistic person or persons was strike down by venicular indisgression' so they must of been heading to work

George Palmer:
2 of the clues have been found. Your getting warmer! :)

So are you guys just going to ignore all of the criticism and just try and draw attention away from the questionable content of this episode? Cause that is the impression I'm getting.

Martin Clarke:

Erana:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.

This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.

...You call this dark? It's just dumb and silly. It's stupid animated dogs doing stupid stuff. This isn't unlike anything you would see in family guy or on Southpark. When was everyone on this site castrated?

Bob's rant as he's killing Beth shows you what this episode is really about: *you* vermin.

This is going to get insane, I forsee a battle with

Damn they didn't kill Chet >.>

Too much disturbing, way... waaaay to little funny for it to work. It's not even dark, the characters act nearly emotionless (as always, they're also dogs :P) so it can't be dark. The funny part is supposed to come from the absurdity of the situation. This is probably why the lame/absurd law jokes are inserted. Now here is the problem, 2 completely unlikeable (to me) characters deliver the performance.

All that is left is disturbing imagery of a character built up emotionally over well worth a season being killed off. (don't care if its temporary or some other bullshit stunt being pulled)

Terrible. It's just too gory, forced and the latest episodes of game dogs have been just like "What is this... I don't even". They've gone so far from what I thought was their plans and honestly, this show never worked and you should put it out of its misery

You know, most of the time I find Game Dogs criminally unfunny. But this was just so utterly macabre, brutal, and sanguine that I had no choice but to laugh. The three "main" characters and Gary were what was holding the show back. Now that two of them are gone (for good please), the series might actually become funny. Good luck. More disturbing shit like this would be awesome.

Wolfy2449:

Nile McMorrow:
I think it should've been chet being run over.

Why ppl hate chet so much? Hes awesome xD

I agree Chet is awesome i also like Roger. I didn't care too much about Bethany. I hated Jenifer. But I liked Steve,Drago and Ivan,Gary,Bob,Sir Dick the Duke,Axel Roma,Mr.Yee and as well.

I hope some how Bethany and Roger come back

EDIT:4444th post woot woot
(join the group and discuss this episode in more great detail)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Game-Dogs

Terrible, disgusting, humorless episode. I can safely say I am done with this series.

I can't tell if having A Macris as the author of the law book is a joke or not. Macris is a character in Greek mythology, but I don't really see the relevance.

Yeah, I knew they were going downhill before, but this... this is the last episode for me. I'll just wait for something better to fill their time slot.

To every single person whining about insensitivity: You are the reason they did this. It was created, specifically, to piss you off. By whining, you are encouraging them. You cannot change their minds. You cannot win. That is all.

Erm...I'd say I wouldn't watch it ever again, but I'm intrested to see what the hell you do now, after that.

Fantastic episode, though I have a feeling that it's more of a fluke. I guess we'll see in the next episode :)

Whoever said "Even bad publicity is good publicity" had quite clearly not watched Game Dogs.

The whole "Perhaps you just don't get it" argument doesn't really fly when you have around half the site complaining.

But either way, furries and anthropomorphisation sicken me to my core, so having that as a gimmick along side some pretty poor jokes really makes me loathe this series with every fiber of my being.

Not to mention the deliberate vagueness of it all. People voted for which one they wanted to kill, and what happened in the video is (judging by the amount of comments about it) not reflecting the poll results.

And then theres the poor execution of it all. But I'm tired of thinking about this, almost anything else is more worthy of my time.

Poor effort, E.

Oh great, so the most voted in the end was Roger, and you guys killed him...and Beth. I don't know, it makes no sense to me.

Bethany lost?? She was lowest in the polls when I had played. In any case, I found that eyeball strangely hypnotic. I couldn't focus anywhere else!

George Palmer:

Can you please tell me what these two clues are?

Mr.Mattress:

George Palmer:

I'd love to know how those two clues would make the festering lump of putresence watchable.

TheMaddestHatter:
To every single person whining about insensitivity: You are the reason they did this. It was created, specifically, to piss you off. By whining, you are encouraging them. You cannot change their minds. You cannot win. That is all.

I disagree. This is the first episode that I enjoyed this much, not only for it's extreme/shock novelty value. Also because it's obvious the authors had something very specific in mind and aren't afraid to experiment with the medium.

The quite bland and uninspired writing and storyline developments always kept me from enjoying the show. This is certainly a very promising trick, although the authors should keep in mind that this kind of stuff is only a surprise as long as it's unexpected. I expect to see an episode where one of the Ruskies dismembers some redshirt for an arbitrary reason, interwoven with clever, if sadistic one-liners. Something more direct and snarky than bond one-liners but not primitive, as in dead baby comedy primitive.

...I'm so dissapointed in this show.

McMarbles:

Mr.Mattress:

George Palmer:

I'd love to know how those two clues would make the festering lump of putresence watchable.

They don't, but I am still curious about clues... Is that a crime?

End of Knife, Final Woofcraft, Final Hand of Fate

hmmmm...

;)

Personaly I dont see what the big deal is.

This was disturbing.
I am at a loss for words.

What the hell was that? I hope that was some kind of joke episode and they are not really dead. That was grim. Funny, but grim. I voted for Chet to die though. T-T

PaintyFace:
Man, that was bad.

I watched the first episode or two, but found it a bit dull. But that's okay, not everything is everyone's tastes.

But that was bad. REALLY bad.

Okay, so to some people joking about what is and isn't illegal is kinda funny, especially when you've got obscure laws like sex with alligators or whatever. But the gore was too much, and so was the guy punching her to death. There was no need for showing that at all. Suggesting it, if you must do so then okay. But showing it? There's no way that's suitable for 13 year olds, which supposedly the Escapist is. Also, the suicide at the end was pointless and handled very insensitively.

Overall, this episode will divide viewers. But don't be surprised if a lot more complain about it than enjoy it. I certainly have doubts now about whether I want to be associated with a site that produces something like this.

I cant shake the feeling that they are trying to appeal more to the humor of 13 years olds coming from other sites like 4chan (more than likely brought over by ZP, nothing agaisnt ZP specifically but still) who get a giggle out of watching gorey tasteless shit like that, even by the criteria of dark humor it wasn't funny, there was no timing or tact whatsoever, if someone likes slapstick comedy u dont just cut to someone getting punched in the face, u set up some kind of obserd task or controdictory setting anything to add to the 'humor' aspect, this show went from 'dull but having its moments' to '4chan piece of shit' in one episode, clean up your act or drop the show, because this kind of spectical attracts the flovar of people that this site is better off without

Ultratwinkie:

exactly. most of the people on the escapist are practically hate-filled. the escapist, in a sense its basically Illium from mass effect since its no better than Omega (4chan).

What a tortured metaphor...

Yeah, that made no sense at all.

So....you take your one shot to revive a dieing series almost no one cares about, get a ton of the Escapist watching....and blow the chance with tasteless gore, over played jokes, and distirbing, random ass deaths. I...I don't know what to say, I'v alwase thought this series should quit while it was ahed (barely), but it's to late for that.....nice job guys, the show still fails.

Karloff:

snowfox:
-snip-.

I think the difference is, there was a reason for Chef's demise that most (though probably not all) of the viewers would have known about when they watched the episode. That doesn't really apply here, which may be why some of the negative reaction was so visceral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_Chef

Personally I think the creators badly mishandled this episode, but then I'm not a huge fan of the series.

I must have been living in some weird twilight zone, because I remember knowing about Chefs demise way before it was actually happening, and I barely watch that show. Now if only I could remember why... xD!

Edit:

Unless of course that's exactly what you meant, I think I may have read your message wrong.

Thing is, people should have known that Beth was probably going to die after the Woofcraft episode. The line "Why don't you just kill ME next!" was a huge give-away despite it tying into what they were doing with the game.

A line like that added with this whole Hand of Fate business, I was not surprised at all.

archont:

TheMaddestHatter:

I disagree. This is the first episode that I enjoyed this much, not only for it's extreme/shock novelty value. Also because it's obvious the authors had something very specific in mind and aren't afraid to experiment with the medium.

The quite bland and uninspired writing and storyline developments always kept me from enjoying the show. This is certainly a very promising trick, although the authors should keep in mind that this kind of stuff is only a surprise as long as it's unexpected. I expect to see an episode where one of the Ruskies dismembers some redshirt for an arbitrary reason, interwoven with clever, if sadistic one-liners. Something more direct and snarky than bond one-liners but not primitive, as in dead baby comedy primitive.

Oh, I quite agree with you, I rather enjoyed the episode myself. But everyone who thinks that by expressing disdain they will somehow shame the creators or shut down the show is tragically mis-informed. They enjoy, in fact, they feed upon the hatred and outrage, and I applaud them for it. There is nothing more entertaining than vexing your detractors, eh?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here