Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 18 NEXT

that was fucked up. i mean, 2 characters getting killed, does that means that you had trouble writing more episodes ? are you going to replace the characters ?

HankMan:
Well...
That was
*Puts on sunglasses*
Ruff

you sir Win The Internet

but on topic is this now the end of game dogs? was it just a ratings things it got low ratings so we kill of characters to get more views? is this going to happen to other shows so many questions?

And to be honest the beating scene really wasn't funny it was just a beating I can see why people are getting upset over this?

Alphakirby:

mento 2425:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(

I think it was supposed to be a twist,let the one with the least votes die

That's an amazingly stupid idea, enough people hate the series already, don't give them more of an excuse to want this unfunny, poorly animated, poorly acted, poorly written MESS of a show pulled from this website.

It seems like they're actively trying to make people hate this thing, not that I ever needed anymore reason to hate beyond the above.

But I wonder how they're going to continue writing the show with two of the main characters dead. I hope Chet dies next episode and we can all forget this ever existed.

Grim.. I can't think of much more to say..

The older video's are better to be honest, a little more tame to say the least.

I used to like Game Dogs. So yeah, thanks for ruining the whole series guys. You suck like everyone else now! Way to go!

Fucking idiots...

Fenra:
...its time to put this dog to sleep for good.

I see what you did there, very clever.

Also, only one was meant to die, if you're going to make a promise, keep it. Don't just ignore the voters, you probably pissed way more people off by killing the two characters we weren't voting for.

spartan1077:

Prof. Monkeypox:
That's it, I'm calling it. This is the worst animated show to ever hit the Escapist (non-animated was I Hit it With my Axe, but that's another story).

Seriously, are you so desperate for ratings that you're going to have a flash game to decide what the next plot point is, and then just do a shock episode to get people talking? Don't answer that, you already did. Congratulations, you hacks, you got me talking: this is the worst show ever to hit the Escapist. You have no sense of comic pacing or interesting dialogue (a killer in a show that is 90% dialogue), and the best attempt at "drama" you've come up with so far is the sort of over-the-top shock-site bullshit I would expect from 4chan, not a website I actually have some damn respect for.

The sooner this show gets taken down, the happier I'll be, and believe me, after this episode, your show's days are numbered.

Noone has a gun to your head forcing you to watch this show. If you don't like it move along with your day. If I hated something like LRR I wouldn't watch the videos or go trolling thier forums.

Its one thing if all the episodes were like this. Its another entirely when hardly any physical violence happened for most of the show, save an episode taking place in a warzone, and then BAM, one of the characters is beating another (innocent) character to death while verbally abusing her.
There was no gun held to my head when I watched this because I was watching it, expecting some silly video game reference, or something. Most of these episodes at least give me a few chuckles.
Its like they've rickrolled a few hundred people here, but with animated violent murder and suicide, not old pop songs.

This episode is just so far from what the Escapist is about, its got a lot of people upset about it. And from what I understand, genuine feeling is pretty much the opposite of trolling.

Am I the only one, who was really sad Bob wasn't an option to remove from the show? God I hate him.

... ... ... ... ... WHAT THE FUCK!

Two down, one to go!

Then maybe this abortion can finally end.

0_0

Wow. Just wow. That was dark. Reeeeaaaallly dark. I don't know how I stand on that video. It had its funny parts (Bob and his cousin (or was it brother?) discussing the laws). And it had its straight up disturbing parts (both deaths). I guess I'll go with a somber gallows humor to it all. Two people just straight up killed in some pretty brutal manners all while Bob and Brob (Bob's brother) talk about trivial laws.

I can't help think that this was sort of a "Take that from the creators". If I'm not mistaken Chet was not very well like amongst some of the viewers. Chet is the only one who survived. There were also a lot of people talking about how they didn't think the show was that funny. Then this episode airs.

Coincidences? I think not.

Bob. And Ross.

Ross with an afro.

I see what you did there.

spartan1077:

Prof. Monkeypox:
That's it, I'm calling it. This is the worst animated show to ever hit the Escapist (non-animated was I Hit it With my Axe, but that's another story).

Seriously, are you so desperate for ratings that you're going to have a flash game to decide what the next plot point is, and then just do a shock episode to get people talking? Don't answer that, you already did. Congratulations, you hacks, you got me talking: this is the worst show ever to hit the Escapist. You have no sense of comic pacing or interesting dialogue (a killer in a show that is 90% dialogue), and the best attempt at "drama" you've come up with so far is the sort of over-the-top shock-site bullshit I would expect from 4chan, not a website I actually have some damn respect for.

The sooner this show gets taken down, the happier I'll be, and believe me, after this episode, your show's days are numbered.

Noone has a gun to your head forcing you to watch this show. If you don't like it move along with your day. If I hated something like LRR I wouldn't watch the videos or go trolling thier forums.

Fair enough, but I really tried to give this show a chance, for a while too. This episode just rubbed me the wrong way. I really don't understand what they're doing with this show.

Bethany?! Why Bethany? She was awesome :(

...Well now I'm confused, I was certian Roger had the biggest vote in the polls... I mean, I'm glad he didn't die, I actually kinda liked him, but fuck me, I thought she was doing well... maybe I read the polls wrong or something.

Still, fuck, I don't think we would've voted the way we did if we knew the character would die that horribly... though on retrospect, that's pretty hypocritical, it's still death anyway you slice it.

Still, fuck, that was really dark, not that it offended me or anything like that, just kinda threw me.

...Hell, I didn't dislike her either, she was just kind of a bland character.

I'm in shock. Was not expecting that at all.

I did like the American Psycho reference though.

Alphakirby:

mento 2425:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(

I think it was supposed to be a twist,let the one with the least votes die

Okay, so I didn't read the polls wrong.

it was kinda sick but i still found it funny rofl. The end bit wit roger was unexpected and I have no idea where you go from here but, i was still amused.

If that makes me a sick person then im a sick person. Meh.

This was absolutely horrible. Why do you continue to poison this website with this horrible series?

This is why Game Dogs is horrible:

It's every single internet fad and comedy cliche compounded into one series and given pet industry references. It uses tired old jokes such as "IN SOVIET RUSSIA.." and Warcraft funeral/wedding raids and just covers it up with some supposedly hilarious dialogue.

Game Dogs is bad and you should feel bad.

Erana:

spartan1077:

Prof. Monkeypox:

Its one thing if all the episodes were like this. Its another entirely when hardly any physical violence happened for most of the show, save an episode taking place in a warzone, and then BAM, one of the characters is beating another (innocent) character to death while verbally abusing her.
There was no gun held to my head when I watched this because I was watching it, expecting some silly video game reference, or something. Most of these episodes at least give me a few chuckles.
Its like they've rickrolled a few hundred people here, but with animated violent murder and suicide, not old pop songs.

This episode is just so far from what the Escapist is about, its got a lot of people upset about it. And from what I understand, genuine feeling is pretty much the opposite of trolling.

Thanks for understanding, I don't bad-mouth the show because I'm a dick. I just really couldn't believe what this was; a cheap attempt to stir up some controversy on a failing show by inviting sadistic torment on the main characters for no plot-relevant reason. The show has always been rather poor in my opinion, but I really tried to give it a chance. Then there was this. It's one thing to kill off a character if there was a reason, or definite plot reasons, this just seems like a cheap ratings grab. Not to mention, the sadistic way the car-scenes played out left me disgusted, and it was clearly all just for shock value.

Erana:

spartan1077:

Prof. Monkeypox:

The bethany overkill was a joke about american psycho, though that was entertaining because of christian bales impassionate speech and the fact he's cold and pschotic.

Does escapist not have quality control?

Cheesus, escapist. Now I figured you were going to do something interesting to the winner, but seriously? I mean that was just sick. I am disgusted that you'd stoop to such a low excuse for humour. David Carradine was an amazing actor, and he doesn't deserve to be put on the butt of a suicide joke.

Oh right, the Beth thing too. Yeah, I'd have preferred Chet to get fed into a combine harvester, but I'll make do with the next worst character (Roger) getting bumped off. Still, of all the characters, I was actually indifferent to Bethany. Why did you feel the need to kill her and not Chet, the self-proclaimed idiot idea dog?

As a little sidenote though, how many other people noticed the author of the book?

Excellent now there's only one more let.
And with Chett's death the series will loose it's ability to generate Narrativium and so implode upon itself due to the lack of meaning and purpose.

Also on a side note I whole heartedly agree with Bob's sentiment but I am surprised at how they managed to take away the joy from this moment. There is a limit to what you can do, sometimes the death of characters can become some of the most amusing dark humour around, that doesn't mean killing them off in a second makes the situation amusing, a random passer by may deserve such a send off if its then worked into a comedic scene, but a main character (no matter how unloved they may be) at least deserves around 30 seconds of set up time.

George Palmer:
interesting.... people havent seemed to found the 4 clues yet.

edit: my bad. One of them has been found.

What clues? All I saw was a gray background... except for like, a Building or something at the very beginning.

Well, congratulations. You crossed a brand new line here.

I decided to watch this just to see which character would die. I'll admit, I chuckled at the second death, simply because it was my kind of cross the line twice humour. But for the rest of the episode it felt like you were trying to cross the second line but couldn't quite get there. Especially the "not quite dead yet" scene. Too silly to be serious, not silly enough to be funny.

And I noticed that you pointed out the whole "sigh" thing. It's nice to acknowledge that the show has problem, but if you can't fix character flaws without simply killing them off, that's a bigger problem.

Sorry guys, you're not South Park. Don't try the shock humour, because it simply doesn't work. I will say one thing though. For once, you've made me want to see what happens next.

Shock value is only good when it has a purpose. Just killing off characters because you think it's funny is stupid. Know what would have been more appropriate? Skip the Roger suicide thing. That's not funny, thats not good, thats just dark and sad. And if you're gonna kill Bethany off, why not just have her hit by the car, and not have to look at the mangled corpse.

I just lost a lot of respect for the people who let this go live. As a person who personally didn't even care about Bethany or Roger, this is still a huge blackmark on a site thats too good for this kind of thing.

Well crap, and I was starting to like Game Dogs as well, alas going to watch Extra credits then.

I was not horrified or disgusted at the comic. It was, after all, just a cartoon. I am, however, horified and disgusted that anyone would consider this "entertainment." It doesn't matter how many clues are hidden inside when the product is totally unwatchable. If there is some kind of ironic twist, I will never find out. I won't be watching again.

Guys... that wasn't fucking funny.

EDIT: And where the hell were they driving to? I'm sorry, I tried to think of something else while watching and I noticed they drove for +4 hours with blood on the front of the car. And no one else was on the road.

Umm.. could we please just end this series before anymore innocent cartoons get hurt?

Bloody hell shes dead i voted for the guy with the bandana, fucking grim thats wahat it is but we can't go back can we?

Damn that was real disturbing to watch O-O

I didn't think they were serious about killing off a major character, guess I was wrong. I wonder who will replace her.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here