The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Nintendobo

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Nintendobo

"Episode 1: Bred Into Captivity"

Watch Video

Wow, he's back again. And still the same as ever.

YESSSSSSSS. This has got to win. I still go back and watch last year's entry from time to time, a whole series would be brilliant.

This was so disturbing lol

Hahahaha, was it ment to be funny at the end? I did laugh the way it suddenly changed to a review at the end. Well played sir.

I'm weirded out by it. It's so weird... And so unappealing. I don't think this is gonna win, but if you made an indie film like this, you'd definitely win something.

This was pure genius! I loved it!

Your a cool guy Wez but... this shit is messed up man.

I'm sorry, but...I didn't really get it. If you were going for disturbing, job well done. ^^'

This was just kind of creepy. The sad music doesn't help, either.

Dear Sir\Madam\

I hated this video with a PASSION.
Not only did I not find it funny, but it just BORED Me.
I only wish there was a DID NOT LIKE button so I can click it everyday.
I'm not sure which is worse: Nintendobo or Game Dogs.
But I'll probably watch Game Dogs over your Nintendobo anyday.
Not only did I lose 5 minutes of my life watching this crap, but I actually wasted Bandwidth in a country that already has expensive bandwidth to purchase.

In all fairness, I liked the Drunken Dad. That is probably the only thing I liked about the video. He kinda reminds me of Nathan Fillion, in a drunken sort of way.

Sincerely
Your Avid Nintendobo Hater
Migs

That was bloody STELLAR!

I can do nothing else but quote this man;

filiptom:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DudeNotFunny

Whoa. That was pretty damn mesmerizing...

That was actually pretty funny, but I just can't tell if it would work as a series. I could see it getting old fairly quickly. Still, it's the best entry I've seen so far.

Too bizarre, I didn't find it funny.

filiptom:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DudeNotFunny

This guy has it right. Mental illness is not funny, at least that is what I get from the voice. As well as suicide isn't funny.

I kind of feel bad for laughing my ass off. But holy hell that was hilarious. You sir have my vote.

I was really disappointed by this... I'm legitimately shocked it made it past the first cut.

Hilarious, but I think the yugioh/pokemon spoof has better long term series potential so that's my pick. Also, "Dude not funny" is very subjective, especially for dark comedy.

Did it get better after about 30 seconds? Not that it matters I guess seeing as how I'd never be able to make it that far.

It feels broken, I feel broken for watching it...... I'm off to find my missing peice and start rolling.....

Dark.

I fucking loved it!

I would love this as a series, but I fear what might happen next! I think that's a good thing?

I can see some people liking this, but this just seems way too unappealing for a general audience. I personally had a wtf face the entire time.

That was terrible. Utterly without viewing value for me, sorry.

This is terrible.

I'm all for creating a series that shows a different (extremely dark) side of video gaming but suicide? Child-alcoholism? Neglectful parenting? A painful divorce?

And all together?! AND (importantly) NO engaging plot?

Maybe the fact that this show demonstrated extreme "escapism" ('scuse the pun...) warranted it making the first cut but....wtf. I feel like I've wasted time watching this...

So...no.

What the hell... I don't know what I just watched but I really want to see where this is going xD

I don't get why everyone is hating on this so much, I'm not usually a fan of black comedy either assuming that's what this is x3 Whatever it was I really enjoyed it.

lmao@ daddys bookmarking middle age suicide pages
loved it!

Holy shit this is brilliant! Ignore everyone who didn't like it, fair enough it might not have been to their taste, the dark humour isn't for everyone but that doesn't make this film any less amazing.

Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll find a home on the escapist as lets be honest most people come on this site to be entertained rather than moved but as a short film this is absolute fucking genius and I salute you.

They will say it's stupid and terrible.

Do not listen.

What you have demonstrated in this video is well realized humour, drama, and violence. Dancing very close with David Lynch created views of surrealism. You have a clear narrative that takes work to find, and that is something special. I can't imagine you could sway the masses with this video. This short shows something better then a web series.

this just sucked. badly

not good BAD please dont vote for this vote for the rvb clone, anything but this

Vignette:

Do not listen.

What you have demonstrated in this video is well realized humour, drama, and violence. Dancing very close with David Lynch created views of surrealism. You have a clear narrative that takes work to find, and that is something special. I can't imagine you could sway the masses with this video. This short shows something better then a web series.

I agree whole heartedly. This film is great but this isn't really the place for it, hence the very mixed reviews. A lot of people on here are just looking to be entertained not intellectually and emotionally challenged.

The above statement makes me sound like a complete arthouse dickhead but I don't care, I thought this film was solid gold.

FlitterFilms:

Vignette:

Do not listen.

I agree whole heartedly. This film is great but this isn't really the place for it, hence the very mixed reviews. A lot of people on here are just looking to be entertained not intellectually and emotionally challenged.

The above statement makes me sound like a complete arthouse dickhead but I don't care, I thought this film was solid gold.

I think it deserves a place on this site. A little emotion isn't a bad thing, and in the end of the day it's still comedy.

It might feel out of place at first but I think it'd settle in well.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here