Name Game: Thankful or Fearful

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Pirate Kitty:
I so don't get it.

Crazed, blood thirsty shoppers go storming into stores for "Great deals" at 3am in the morning on Black Friday....It's a terrifying experience that you're lucky for not knowing about.

Happy Late Thanksgiving XD

ProfessorLayton:
The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.

I plan to be a part of that rush come tomorrow. Those are some good sales... but if everything goes to hell (100% chance of this happening), there's always Amazon and Steam...

O_o....soooo um yeah.. how did the bloodfest *cough* I mean sale go?

Are you still alive?

WOPR:
They're working a store on Black Friday

the day that... I believe last year?
anyways

I guy was trampled to death (yes- TO DEATH) by anxious shoppers when he opened the doors to Wal-Mart (on black friday)

It was in New York I believe....*Sigh* the things people will do...Happy Black Friday I'm sleeping all day!!

Dawww. Woulda been soo much better if you ended with a shot of a Space Marine in Terminator Armour.
Still funny though.

Irony's Acolyte:
Well that just made Black Friday sound 100% cooler than it really is. Sounded like something along the lines of "Judgement Day", rather than just some shopping holiday.

Alternatively, it could be the day before (and this is mere conjecture)...

Wait for it...

BLACK SABBATH! KER-ZINGGGG!

Alternatively, alternatively, awesome avatar. Nothing like ultimate power through sale of soul to demonic beings.

the true US Holiday! Forget Thanksgiving! Its ALL ABOUT BLACK FRIDAY!

The blue and green cards changed position.

This reminds me so much of full metal jacket

ProfessorLayton:

Pirate Kitty:
Oh, how dare I not know what goes on in America. Heaven forbid that countries custom not be endorsed by all others!

The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.

I plan to be a part of that rush come tomorrow. Those are some good sales... but if everything goes to hell (100% chance of this happening), there's always Amazon and Steam...

Moar liek if you're going to come to a site based in America, don't whine about any mention of an American cultural phenomenon.
If you Euros are so offended at the lack of "worldwide focus whatever", get off [Insert Countless Sites Here] and make your own. Git(s)!

XinfiniteX:
SO uh, why is it called Black Friday?

It's when they get out of the "red" in sales and make a profit or go into the "black," it happens the day after thanksgiving IE Black Friday.

I dont get it... Not the joke I get that, but how is it funny?

Believe it or not...
Buuuuut some people out there think "black Friday" has something to do with KWANZA!

It's scary... You need a license to drive but not to breed.

Its pretty much been covered.. But for everyone outside of the US, Black friday is the day people go crazy and trample pregnant ladies to death so they can get the latest "hard core" video game for five bucks off.

gotta agree with Lord Thodin

I work at a Wal-Mart Supercenter in America. Black Friday is like D-Day for us.....

haha that sums it up nicely...note to self: shop at GameStop AFTER the rush. stick with Target or something...or best yet none during the season

This comic explains nicely why I'm glad I don't have a job in retail.

I'd spend the whole day cowering in the corner in fear.

Why don't people shop from the comfort of their homes? Less chance of painful death.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here