Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Hottest Blonde Chicks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

theriddlen:
Okay, next time do black/brown hair!
Alyx!

Also, let me state this again, she's okay looking at most. You people have never seen really pretty girls, i says.

She's better looking with brown hair, but I have to agree with you. Too skinny and bony and such... That and I'm not much for blondes.

mr_rubino:

Yeah, The Escapist being pro-feminist. I'd do a spit take if I was drinking anything.

It depends on your definition of "feminist". If you're an idiot and you think feminism is all about man-bashing and not shaving your armpits, then no, the Escapist probably doesn't fall under the category of "feminist". However, they do habitually acknowledge that not everyone who plays games or frequents this site falls under the 18-35 white male demographic (something that's an incredibly nice change from other gaming media), and many Escapist articles address the fact that women in games are solely depicted as half-naked bimbos dependent on the main, male character (and you might come up with contrary examples like Alyx from Half-Life, but those characters are few and far between and are seemingly the exceptions that prove the rule). The fact is that the Escapist is far ahead of it's time by addressing the wider gaming audience, and it seems incredibly out of place that they would revert to old methods of putting a skinny white chick in skimpy clothes, talking about shallow, overdone, stereotypical subjects on their site to get views (all guys like blonde girls right? Let's do a show about that! Maybe next time we can do a segment on which chicks have the biggest boobs!).

And on that note - did I say Lisa had to wear a cowl? Don't put words in my mouth. My main objection is not that she's half-naked but that there's there's no content. If she at least had something interesting to say, this weekly segment might be forgivable, but the show is held up solely by her appearance and has absolutely nothing else to offer but a female body.

I like the brown hair better.

And thank you Lisa for making me picture you in a Skin Tight Suit. I appreciate that.

craddoke:
Blondes are blah - let's see the brunette and red head lists ASAP.

I second that. For a while in my myspace days I did a running redhead in games/comics/anime list

man i tell you everytime i hear that woo souunds i crack up laughing and also great choice, at first i thought samus straight away glad you chose her

For some reason when she waabout to say #1, I was like "NO way it's Samus" but then "Whoa"
Neisssssssssssssssss

Although I still usually prefer brunettes

mr_rubino:
-snip!-

I've read them. They're wishy-washy at best and enforced at a whim. And they were updated to that... jumble rather recently, about the time this series arrived.

EDIT: In fact, the well-worn joke is that it was updated to defend Lisa specifically.

Dang, I see now what you're getting at. Things have changed around here more than I first realized; I've been 'off the reservation' for some time, you might say.

Jill and Lisa aren't the only dye job blondes out there. Go play through the original Super Mario Bros. games. Princess Peach Toadstool originally was a redhead!

Seriously!

Don't know why they changed her to a blonde in Super Mario World. Probably never will.

MasochisticMuse:

mr_rubino:

Yeah, The Escapist being pro-feminist. I'd do a spit take if I was drinking anything.

It depends on your definition of "feminist". If you're an idiot and you think feminism is all about man-bashing and not shaving your armpits, then no, the Escapist probably doesn't fall under the category of "feminist". However, they do habitually acknowledge that not everyone who plays games or frequents this site falls under the 18-35 white male demographic (something that's an incredibly nice change from other gaming media), and many Escapist articles address the fact that women in games are solely depicted as half-naked bimbos dependent on the main, male character (and you might come up with contrary examples like Alyx from Half-Life, but those characters are few and far between and are seemingly the exceptions that prove the rule). The fact is that the Escapist is far ahead of it's time by addressing the wider gaming audience, and it seems incredibly out of place that they would revert to old methods of putting a skinny white chick in skimpy clothes, talking about shallow, overdone, stereotypical subjects on their site to get views (all guys like blonde girls right? Let's do a show about that! Maybe next time we can do a segment on which chicks have the biggest boobs!).

Ah, so the Escapist is "any port in a storm" kinda pro-feminism. That's a bit different than what you said.
But, just to get what you're saying straight, you only respect the women who conform to your views of what a feminist should look like? That's kinda shallow, and it sounds like the scare-quoted "feminism" you, so typical, assume I think feminism is just because I find the idea of calling this site feminist laughable.
Yeah, in the fact that it mentions women occasionally, this site is very feminist, I guess.

mythgraven:
Not to start a flame war or anything here... but is this seriously a weekly column?

An attractive blonde makes flirty comments about video games?

Is this the Escapist's way of cashing on the the "Sex Sells" phenom?
(Or should I re-phrase? "Cute Blonde Girls Make Interesting Commentary" phenom?)

Man, girls game too ya know. Some of them just happen to be attractive. It would be terribly sexist of us to only accept commentary from ugly ones wouldn't it? Now instead of being chauvinist monsters, let's embrace gamers in all their forms.

Also I genuinely like her sense of humor. You know it kind of reminds me of Elvira's. That may not be for everybody, but I like it.

Lisa Foiles can be Googled pretty easily, and Google Image Search revealed this gem:
http://www.consolecuties.com/yet-another-apology-20100223

:)

Also Lisa dear, you don't have to end up like the brunette girl from 'ENN' that feels she has to show off cleavage just to get more hits. Please don't go down that road. :P

I'm stealing "chivalrage", if that's alright with you, good sir.

That said, I have to laugh at the whole "a woman utilizing her sexuality is pandering, sexist, demeaning and offensive" subtext. For a woman to reject her sexuality for the sake of feminism is ultimately sexist in itself, as if admitting that any sort of sexualisation is inherently a form of patriarchal masculine control. People complain about all video game babes being attractive blonds - look around you. Watch television. Watch the movies. This is hardly restricted to video games.

I dunno, I just think people tend to be very strange about the whole thing.

Ghengis John:

mythgraven:
Not to start a flame war or anything here... but is this seriously a weekly column?

An attractive blonde makes flirty comments about video games?

Is this the Escapist's way of cashing on the the "Sex Sells" phenom?
(Or should I re-phrase? "Cute Blonde Girls Make Interesting Commentary" phenom?)

Man, girls game too ya know. Some of them just happen to be attractive. It would be terribly sexist of us to only accept commentary from ugly ones wouldn't it? Now instead of being chauvinist monsters, let's embrace gamers in all their forms.

Also I genuinely like her sense of humor. You know it kind of reminds me of Elvira's. That may not be for everybody, but I like it.

But she has tits, and is nonchalant about such a fact. And she's totally... conventionally attractive. And energetic. And bubbly.
If we do not drum such creatures out of our club, how will we ever be taken seriously as the enlightened folks we are, and on a site with such stringently classy entertainment as the Zero Punctuation, the Movie Robert, and Daily Drop?

Genuinely funny episode.

Is that *plink* sound used between cuts taken from Steam? I'm sure I recognise it from somewhere...

Lisa, I'm kinda the same with the fighting game thing, except for me it's driving games. My driving skills are.... well never mind.

But, yeah like a lot of people are saying, you should go back to Brunette.

mr_rubino:

But she has tits, and is nonchalant about such a fact. And she's totally... conventionally attractive. And energetic. And bubbly.
If we do not drum such creatures out of our club, how will we ever be taken seriously as the enlightened folks we are, and on a site with such stringently classy entertainment as the Zero Punctuation, the Movie Robert, and Daily Drop?

We shall have to find a way that's all. We will just have to soldier on... and find a way.

Perhaps we can add a new show, one where someone compiles popular video game music entirely with farts. Then... Maybe then we can salvage some of our dignity.

I gotta say... g'DAMN!! Lisa looks friggin H-O-T as a brunette.

Kinda biased opinion, though, as I have a hard time being attracted to blondes. But, if I'm going to talk about attractive blondes in video games, Quistes Trepe from FFVIII deserves at least an honorable mention.

I was liking this show much more when you stopped showing so much...
I just can't take you seriously when you wear a low cut shirt -.-

MasochisticMuse:

And on that note - did I say Lisa had to wear a cowl? Don't put words in my mouth. My main objection is not that she's half-naked but that there's there's no content. If she at least had something interesting to say, this weekly segment might be forgivable, but the show is held up solely by her appearance and has absolutely nothing else to offer but a female body.

You keep saying these words. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

So let's analyse what you mean by there's no content:

The first thing is to note that the Escapist is not solely composed of shows with deep, thoughtful and serious discussion about issues. It has shows like Zero Punctuation, which does have insight, but is mostly concerned about comedic effect. It has an awesome show about wanton destruction in slow motion (daily drop). It has plenty of shows which are pure humor, just for laughs.

Of course, I may not like a humor show. I may not laugh at a single joke. I wouldn't say they have no content, though. You probably wouldn't, either. Because they're not presented/starred by attractive women (mostly).

So, let's talk about sexism. Critics at first said Lisa couldn't possibly play any games and was just reading from a memorized text written by someone else. Of course, she's beautiful and blonde, she can't be smart or creative, right?

Now you're saying that her show is so bad, so irredeemably bad that the only reason anyone would watch it is because she looks good. That's what you mean by no content. You didn't think that maybe the show's humor or tone is not for you. You didn't think people may like the show for any other reasons than her look. She's just a pretty blonde, right?

Does she uses her looks as part of her persona in the show? Of course. Is it the only reason people find the show fun? I wouldn't say that. Maybe for some. Not for me, really, and as I see in the forums, not for some other people either. (I'm not even that into blondes, but that's not the point here).

But it can only be worthless, right? I mean, there's a lady showing her attractive figure there, so it can't amount to much. It can't be just light fun that some people like, but you don't. It has to be something bigger. A woman showing any hint of femininity? Blasphemy.

I wonder who's the sexist here.

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:
-snip!-

I've read them. They're wishy-washy at best and enforced at a whim. And they were updated to that... jumble rather recently, about the time this series arrived.

EDIT: In fact, the well-worn joke is that it was updated to defend Lisa specifically.

Dang, I see now what you're getting at. Things have changed around here more than I first realized; I've been 'off the reservation' for some time, you might say.

the timing was quite coincidental but i dont believe theres a conspiricy here... this vid was ok i thought.

I love your deadpan.

Am I seriously the only one?

MasochisticMuse:

If that was the case, then why would I be watching it? I'm watching it because I'm genuinely interested in her selections and topics (today was a bit off, but they can't all be winners).

Opinions: They exist outside of you.

Fun item, as always, altough it made me realize again how big the uncanny valley still is, with a real blonde (ahum) standing next to 'm.

Cain_Zeros:

theriddlen:
Okay, next time do black/brown hair!
Alyx!

Also, let me state this again, she's okay looking at most. You people have never seen really pretty girls, i says.

She's better looking with brown hair, but I have to agree with you. Too skinny and bony and such... That and I'm not much for blondes.

W T F

TIG

OL'

BITTIES

Kudos, Lisa.

Sampler:
Where were those Parasite Eve 2 shots from - pretty sure I've worn out my PE2 PSX disc and don't recall the tentacle shot - is there some sequel or re-version I'm missing out on?

/runs off to google

/yells back over shoulder "you looked better brunette"

That one is from the third game that is suppose to be coming out called third birthday(no idea why this name) Which I THINK is suppose to be on the PSP.

god speed yog sothoth.

i wonder.... if this series had just been lisas disembodied voice how would people react to it?. the content would be unchanged obviously so theres no compromise there the show would be the same show just less lisa and more video making skills required. ah well thats just my opinion.

User was suspended for this post.(30 days)

Gurp. I had best remember not to say if I expect to be suspended for anything. It will probably become a reality. Very Silent Hill-y.

Slash47:

Cain_Zeros:

W T F

I like darker haired ladies with a little meat on their bones. Differences in preferences, they happen.

Agree to two points brought up numerous times now

Lisa's hotter as a brunette

and we need a redhead list stat

At first glance I read "Zero SLUT Samus" - I am def. watch too many wrong movies lately.
;)

The Cheezy One:
Lisa... in... tight... full... body... catsuit... mental... image...

meh not really doin it for me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59924)