Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Every one of the 40 songs on my phone are late 90s/early 2Ks pop/alt rock. It's like a massive list of songs teenagers heard when they were young. And I love it so much. Starting the day with All Star is just awsome, though I try not to admit that I love Smash Mouth.

EDIT: And I still die of laugher every time I see this, and post it profusely

My biggest guilty pleasure is installing hacks and mods into The Sims that allows for some rather obscene and taboo things to happen. I'm so embarrassed about it that I will not play The Sims if my boyfriend is around, no matter how many times he tells me he doesn't care.

Susan Arendt:
Professional wrestling, and I'm not the least bit apologetic about it - despite the fact that one friend of mine actually stopped speaking to me once he found out I enjoyed it.

Also, You're Cut Off, which is just such utter trash, words fail me.

You're Cut Off is terrible/wonderful fun. Glad to know someone else will 'fess up to tuning in.

I love Fireflies

Also baths :P

LadyRhian:
You know, I am old enough to not be ashamed of the things I like. But there are times and places where you don't necessarily talk about them. That being said... I write fanfiction.

So....You and I do the same hobby?

Ho, boy...here goes.

I like Battlefield Earth.

Knowing well of its reputation, I thought it would be one of those films that's physically painful to watch. Imagine my shock when I watch it and end up thoroughly enjoying it. It was utterly hilarious! I lost track of how many times I bust out laughing. But the truth is, a part of me enjoyed it on a non-ironic level as well. After hearing so much about Jonny, Carlo, Terl, and Ker from all the scathing reviews, I felt like I had a special connection with the characters, even though the film didn't bother to give me most of their names. Add that to the hammy acting, and the fact that the filmmakers tried so hard to make a good movie and so spectacularly failed, and you have a film that I find inexplicably endearing.

Susan Arendt:
Professional wrestling, and I'm not the least bit apologetic about it - despite the fact that one friend of mine actually stopped speaking to me once he found out I enjoyed it.

susan. i would never never have pegged you for a wrestling fan. what in the absolute fuck!? my mind is a little sprained. really? really? WOW.

hittite:

so, yeeeaaaah.

i just sat with my mouth open, dumbfounded, yet unable to turn away for the past 3 or so minutes. what was that?? i...i...i..just... what?!

Alon Shechter:
I..I.... I'm a /b/tard....

im so sorry........do we need to stage an intervention?
as for my guilty pleasures,

doubleposting
leekspin http://leekspin.com/
angelina jolie being a badass
on the same lines, "wanted"
lady gaga and ke$ha although thats starting to become a theme here...weird
i think thats it for now

I like shiny toy guns, and I am a massive metal head. (at least imo)

There's nothing wrong with liking Legally Blonde: The Musical. My girlfriend loves musical theatre, both participating and watching (as long as it's good, she hates Chicago with a passion because according to her it's terrible. I've never seen it so I can't judge), and she's looking forward to seeing it. She's looking forward to seeing Wicked more, but that's besides the point.

As for the actual topic, I think the closest thing I have to a guilty pleasure is High School of the Dead. The anime. Which needs to get another fucking episode right fucking now.

Mixing drugs and alcohol? (I'm also 16, so there's nothing legal about it)
I don't really have any guilty pleasures

I loved Halo 1, 2 and 3 (haven't played the others due to sold Xbox.)
Not for the multiplayer, but for the campaign.
*Shields up!*

I sing Japanese music in my spare time...

I can't speak the language. I just find it easy to memorize songs in it.

Desperate Housewives sounds like it would be a guilty pleasure, but it's not. That show's surprisingly legit.

supersupersuperguy:
I sing Japanese music in my spare time...

I can't speak the language. I just find it easy to memorize songs in it.

I use this video, and others, as a reward in between studying.

Japanese girl band, but at least it's not Morning Musume.

Wouldn't listen to an equivalent band that was in America. Well, probably.

this video sums it up.

and no I will not give you the minute of your life you used to watch that video back.

while your hear this to...

Ah...good times.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

pumasuit:
Pokemon. I'm a grown man, for crying out loud, but God help me, I can't stop thinking about making that perfect squad. 24 Hail Mary's.

I love pokemon too, but I'd like to think of it as nostalgia. Although it is rather uncomfortable playing it out in public, I lie when people ask me what I'm playing...

Dude, I can't take it outside! That's where the people are! I tried talking to one of my nerdier antisocial friends, and then he talked to me about Pokemon in public once. I was like "dude, keep it down!"

i absolutely love the harry potter series, fims and books alike, i still read all the books and films regularly.
if u check my badges i got 100% in the harry potter quiz :P

also i sleep completely naked :)

I regret nothing.
But, if you mean 'things that will have me shunned from here to the seventeenth century', then I have one word and one two-digit number for you: Rule 34.
Yes, I'm one of those people, but I swear it's mostly for the comments! They're too funny to give up! I can't help myself!

I hate JRPG's... oh wait I was supposed to say I like something overrated and cheesy, give me a sec.

Dragon Ball Z, now if you will excuse me I need to go cleanse myself of ALL my other impurities.

You know I can, but I've done it so many times on these forums now that I'm starting to not feel guilty about them any more. I'm going keep them to myself so I retain that feeling of guilt.

Greenhand:
I regret nothing.
But, if you mean 'things that will have me shunned from here to the seventeenth century', then I have one word and one two-digit number for you: Rule 34.
Yes, I'm one of those people, but I swear it's mostly for the comments! They're too funny to give up! I can't help myself!

FEATURED!

Why be ashamed of what brings you pleasure?

Live for yourself. When you're dead, guilt is irrelevant - you may as well have all the fun you can while you can and not waste time feeling bad about it.

Can't really confess any guilty pleasures, as I don't feel any guilt over what I do (otherwise I wouldn't be purposefully doing it!).

I have some interests others might find strange or unappealing though, but I see no reason that to care about what they think any more than I do to care about whatever harmless things they might fancy.

I love Final Fantasy XIII.

I don't like to admit it but... Well since everyone else is... I bought Taylor Swift's album and ... Enjoyed it - a lot. (16 year old straight male talking here)
I shall now prepare my inbox for influx of hate mail.

I love fanfiction and am not ashamed. I read systematically through pretty much any site I find. I almost love diving through the garbage more than reading the one good story I found. The habit started when I was a teen; I couldn't afford the number of books I wanted, so I started reading things that were free. Now I just enjoy it too much to stop.

WWE, its a soap opera where people settle their love problems and love triangles by beating the crap out of each other. I like Rihana's new album (its really good) and Pokemon (I'm 18yo Male by the way)

josh797:

Susan Arendt:

susan. i would never never have pegged you for a wrestling fan. what in the absolute fuck!? my mind is a little sprained. really? really? WOW.

Yep. Huge MMA fan, too.

Shhhuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn

pumasuit:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

pumasuit:
Pokemon. I'm a grown man, for crying out loud, but God help me, I can't stop thinking about making that perfect squad. 24 Hail Mary's.

I love pokemon too, but I'd like to think of it as nostalgia. Although it is rather uncomfortable playing it out in public, I lie when people ask me what I'm playing...

Dude, I can't take it outside! That's where the people are! I tried talking to one of my nerdier antisocial friends, and then he talked to me about Pokemon in public once. I was like "dude, keep it down!"

I can't talk about that in public, I'm not that brave. I don't bring it out often, but I just have the volume off and hope no one looks behind my shoulder. Acting like a spaz if caught doesn't describe my reaction.

Susan Arendt:

I've been there abut a million times before!
Even worse when they start getting all homophobic with their little jabs, you know?
It's because they immediately associate certain form of entertainment with lower intelligence. If came on here are started a going on about how people that play video games are, "usually", socially held back and less virile, I'd get flamed off the face of the planet! And yet, if someone talks about wrestling that way, they're "an astute and discerning social critic." That's why I don't believe in high culture-low culture dichotomies.

I like to take Vicodin pills every now and then.

Susan Arendt:

Same, although no one has ever stopped speaking to me because of it. Sad how far its entertainment value has fallen over the past decade though. I recently found an in-ring promo between Austin and The Rock from 2001 that puts everything done today to shame.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here