Critical Miss: Children of Steam #5: Here We Go

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

LOL. TAKE THAT IGN!!!!

ahiddenfigure:
Poor Erin, doesn't she also know the genre savvy ones don't make it either?

Unless of course you're Dangerously Genre Savvy, in which case you'll know all about it and avoid any genre savviness that will end with your death. Either act genre savvy and avoid obvious dangers, or don't act genre savvy and stay avoid dying due to being too genre savvy. All according to plan...

I knew all those hours on TvTropes would help me out in the end!

Warning: Reading TvTropes may cause the reader to lose several hours of productive time doing so. If you experience reading secessions lasting longer than 4 hours contact your doctor immediately. Readers should not read TvTropes when opperating heavy machinery.

Wait, i thought Elliot was the impromptu protagonist for this story arc? I mean, he was the one narrating was he not?

OT: I didn't Know about these rules...... a testament to how uninitiated i am a geek i suppose :P

Azaraxzealot:
i dont like how this comic is so elitist about PC gaming... but i read it anyways because of how ridiculously elitist it is (which makes it hilarious)

You mean elitist in the way that the protagonist has been shown to own a huge stack of PS3 games, and be more concerned about the platform than she is about the PC?

Come on, man. Don't drag your fanboy nonsense in here, we're all trying to chuckle about zombies :-(

I thought rule 7 was "Travel Light".

good comic aside, all the 'bro' ing is annoying

Funny comic, but this whole Children of Steam thing is ridiculous. It's just a game service. Besides, if Valve actually did shut down Steam, the only person who'd be in danger of being torn to shreds by a demented horde would be Gabe Newel.

Who is fat.

Stop delaying Half-Life 3.

PS: And by horde I mean the legion of lawyers hired by people who just lost all their games.

I think the slowpoke guys are my new faviorte charecters.

Zombies will not attack when busy being a blindingly obvious visual metaphor. Consumerism...baaaaaaaaad

Now that, my friends, is comic gold.

That saying about having sex in a zombie apocolypse had me in stitches. Might've been Stout's pose when she did it.

Traffic cone zombie? Plants vs. Zombies FTW.

unacomn:
So Chad's gonna be a zombie bro? Bro, that's a bummer.

Indeed Bro! However that is rule 13 of zombie movies. The lovable character always gets eaten, or turned to a zombie himself.

Seriously I know the entire rule book for horror movies......

Rule 69: The sluts always die....NO EXCEPTIONS (See Piranha for a very detailed example)

-Drifter-:
Funny comic, but this whole Children of Steam thing is ridiculous. It's just a game service. Besides, if Valve actually did shut down Steam, the only person who'd be in danger of being torn to shreds by a demented horde would be Gabe Newel.

Who is fat.

DAMNIT!!! Now he's gonna push it back another month!

By god I hate people who say bro. Brother on the other hand, well its usually followed up with a hilarious accent, that proberly why.

Nice Romero movies steryotypes parody

Soods:
Noo! Lance got bit :(

That was chad bro! :P

Rainforce:
....never saw that triforce before. Important plot point?

She's had that tattoo the entire time Bro.

Noooo! Lance!! Why?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! Oh well, at least we'll still have Chad, but how will he react to Lance being Zombie-Bro now?

OT: Funny.

what is "WEDLOCK"?
that one "Lahmus" got bit... "whuah" (;_;)
BUT Lahmus activates his hidden ability in those dangerous situations: psychokinesis!!!!!

ARGH!! BRO!

Ahh, classic.

Soods:
Noo! Lance got bit :(

Wouldn't that just make him a dual-type (water-ghost)?

OT: This is one of my all time favourites. I applaud you *appropriately long session of applause*

My inner 10 year old can't quite get past how quickly Lance registers pain.

Seriously, break the laws of the zombie apocalypse at your own risk.

SonicWaffle:

Azaraxzealot:
i dont like how this comic is so elitist about PC gaming... but i read it anyways because of how ridiculously elitist it is (which makes it hilarious)

You mean elitist in the way that the protagonist has been shown to own a huge stack of PS3 games, and be more concerned about the platform than she is about the PC?

Come on, man. Don't drag your fanboy nonsense in here, we're all trying to chuckle about zombies :-(

i msde that comment based on the way she chose to portray the IGN fans as people who go "HURRRR! YOU CAN PLAY GAMES ON A COMPUTER?"

im no IGN fan, but this comes off as elitist to me

Azaraxzealot:
i msde that comment based on the way she chose to portray the IGN fans as people who go "HURRRR! YOU CAN PLAY GAMES ON A COMPUTER?"

im no IGN fan, but this comes off as elitist to me

"She" as in the character? I got that impression from the comic itself, which (going by the names) is written by a man.

Perhaps it's more of a comment on the IGN forumgoers than it is on the website itself. I don't go there, I don't give a shit, I have no involvement with it other than occasionally watching those fucking abysmal IGN videos on Xbox Live, but generally speaking the internet seems to have a very large amount of either "herp derp Halo derp!" guys or "PC is so much better than consoles because consoles fuck their mothers!" guys. If IGN has more of type A than type B it's a fair caricature.

I want Erin's acting scene as my wallpaper XD

By "1950s" I thought they were discussing the tendency of the black comic relief to be killed off in these films. Seemed kind of questionable for racism to described as "moral sensibilities" so this way is better.

"GHRng! Jezebel!" lol

And I totally hope that if Lance does zombify, all of his moaning is appended with "...brooooo"

Ah ha! Traffic Cone Zombie.

*Smiles*

Azaraxzealot:

I'm fairly sure that the elitism is part of the joke.

I swear that last Zombie is Brad Shoemaker

LAAAAAAAAAAANCE!

Dude, party foul, Bro.

Excellent comic as usual guys. :)

It's comics like this with characters like these that brighten my day.

The_root_of_all_evil:
I thought rule 7 was "Travel Light".

i c wot u did ther

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook