Critical Miss: Children of Steam #7

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Xpwn3ntial:
Bioshock reference. Yes.

for some reason, the end sounded like the Trainspotting intro :P

Lord_Ascendant:

Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.

Foul heretics Brother Ascendant, foul heretics...

Is it just me or did this picture come to mind when you heard the words "God Emperor"?

Thanks a lot, guys. Now I have to go replay Bioshock.

Onyx Oblivion:
Coulda used a joke...maybe.

Implying Steam didn't make concessions to the above is rather funny.

First line made me think of this:

And all the variations thereupon.

Daedalus1942:

The Cheezy One:
For once, I am not crying "Glory to the God-Emperor!"

Wow... they even managed to wedge in a really lame Dune reference. *sigh*.
I... wow yes, I am done completely. No more negative comments, no more comments whatsoever on this series. Done, done, done, no more viewing.
-Tabs...-

Okey doke. See you on Friday.

ehehe. You have to like Bioshock references. Wonder where they're going with this.

I like the Bioshock reference, but thank God this series is ending. It's terrible.

JUMBO PALACE:
I like the Bioshock reference, but thank God this series is ending. It's terrible.

To you, maybe. I love it.

I'm God Newell, and my favorite class is the spy. Enjoy.

OniaPL:
I am sorry for the language, but holy shit, that was awesome! Andrew Ryan spoke the speech in my head...

I had to read this out loud in my best Andrew Ryan voice just to get the most out of its awesomeness, Pirate Bay replacing Communists was most lolage

Ha! Dune references! Nice!

dalek sec:

Lord_Ascendant:

Yeah that movie was awesome. Who thought "God-Emperor" was Dune, seriously? Its Wh40k.

Foul heretics Brother Ascendant, foul heretics...

Is it just me or did this picture come to mind when you heard the words "God Emperor"?

Yeah, except I have an entire Craftworld and a Tau Sept at my disposal so its more like "For the Greater Good!" or "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

Arah-nor: The Craftworld which returned from deep exile within the Eye of Terror. Once lorded over by a female Autarch who was corrupted by Khorne...it cleansed itself by way of Exterminatus. They are rebuilding their way of life upon a planet in the Segmentum Obscuruum in total silence and isolation. They lost their Avatar of Khaine, and their Phoenix Lords as well. Few survive to carry on the ways.

Al'yth: A Tau Sept of great military might. They strike from the shadows and bring swift justice on those who defy the Greater Good. Taken from the Necron long ago, this barren world now teems with shipyards, barracks and armories.

So uhm, you Adeptus Astartes go over there and play war. ;)

I loved the Bioshock and Dune references, but I guess the only way to defeat the God Emperor of Steam is dump water on him.

lol just don't buy DLC...
or games that hold back half the content (cough sports games)
or buy games brand new

excellent use of that speech :]

You guys do all kinds of awesome. I love the subtle references thrown in, it's positively lovely.

Irridium:
I was expecting a Half Life 2 reference.

"You have chosen, or been chosen..."

Too obvious I guess.

I was thinking that from the first panel but oh well, we still got a BioShock reference.

Wow, now I wonder what other renditions of Ryan's speech there are floating around on the interwebs...
Great job though, I'm deeply impressed. Keep up the good work!

That was more bad ass than it has the right to be.

Good job.

Lord_Ascendant:

Please say that's sarcasm mate. GW got the whole God-Emperor thing from Dune. Same way nids = Alien and 'crons = Terminator.

Scrythe:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias?

and now I know the punchline of the next comic will be gabe newell with his arms in the air shouting, "I DID IT!"

I made a macro with something like this a few years ago. Unfortunately, it's on another computer.

On the other side of the Atlantic.

Which died recently.

Basically, it had the first part of the quote, and then went "'No,' said the man on IRC, 'they belong to everyone.'"

No says the fat man in Valve, it belongs to me, and you have to run my client, and play by my rules.
The only one who wants us to keep our games seems to be Nintendo, with hard copies and no DLC.

Nice reference.
Consistently decent comic. Hope your success continues.

Favourite character? Got to be 'Bro.

I'm not sure I understand the politics behind this series. Isn't Steam an especially limited form of game ownership? When I went to college, my brother and I couldn't figure out how to handle the various games on our shared account. Valve said we couldn't transfer them no matter what proof we provided.

Ah, the old "Brick-in-the-sock", my favourite dev-bludgeoning weapon. :D

BeastofShadow:

Lord_Ascendant:

Please say that's sarcasm mate. GW got the whole God-Emperor thing from Dune. Same way nids = Alien and 'crons = Terminator.

Pretty sure they were making a reference to Warhammer 40k and if you don't think so you will be slain by Eldar hands!

@dalec_sec permission to chainsword this heretic granted.

i wonder if escapist would give permission for a game to be made based off Children of Steam

I wanted to hear a paraphrased quote from Dr. Breen, but Bioshock is still awesome.

Holy shit, a Bioshock reference? You just won a free internets. Well played.

lol at "God-Emperor of Steam" - I can't wait for the conclusion!

Scrythe:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias?

Well yeah, they both have the same manly physique.

Your supposed to beat him to death with a golf club now...<.<

Great referance. Brilliant episode.

felixader:

Sneaklemming:
Erins fancy rat gets harder and harder to find you know... It's like where's wally, if wally was a pet rat belonging to an insanely cynical gaming journalist.

I think it's supposed to be a hamster. :-P

It's a fancy rat - there was a comic about it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here