Creature Caster Masters: It Begins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I was almost disappointed in not seeing this series being continued, but now all my worries are gone.

Let me start by saying I didn't like this. My reasons are as follows.

1) It's unoriginal: Really guys, a Pokemon/Yu-gi-Oh parody? The internet is flooded with these things and very few of them are good.

2) The jokes are stale: They're kinda lazy as well. All the jokes in the show seem to be making fun of absurd things from Pokemon that people were making back at the end of the 90's. The jokes are just so obvious and unimaginative. We get it, if the world functioned like the Pokemon games it would be really weird.(we got the joke a long time ago) "The Wikidex"....I'm not really sure what to make of that one I just know it was a really bad and/or corny joke.

3) The quality is poor: The overall quality of this is somewhere between poor and "meh". It all just looks like a half finished flash animation. The movements are robotic and the acting equally so. All of it just seems like not much effort was put into it.

tl;dr : It's a bad/poorly made show. The premise of it is unoriginal and simply parodying two series at once doesn't make it any better. The jokes are stale, obvious, lazy, or just outright not funny at all.

KeyMaster45:

1) It's unoriginal: Really guys, a Pokemon/Yu-gi-Oh parody? The internet is flooded with these things and very few of them are good.

2) The jokes are stale: They're kinda lazy as well. All the jokes in the show seem to be making fun of absurd things from Pokemon that people were making back at the end of the 90's. The jokes are just so obvious and unimaginative. We get it, if the world functioned like the Pokemon games it would be really weird.(we got the joke a long time ago) "The Wikidex"....I'm not really sure what to make of that one I just know it was a really bad and/or corny joke.

3) The quality is poor: The overall quality of this is somewhere between poor and "meh". It all just looks like a half finished flash animation. The movements are robotic and the acting equally so. All of it just seems like not much effort was put into it.

tl;dr : It's a bad/poorly made show. The premise of it is unoriginal and simply parodying two series at once doesn't make it any better. The jokes are stale, obvious, lazy, or just outright not funny at all.

I think that is what you call a satire. And with the graphical elements? Seen Doraleous and Associates? That isent perfect either but it doesent hinder the message.

thought i recogniseded the voice actor, it is Shady should have also guessed it was him from the animation style. He probably mentioned something about this on wednesdays whachow but i haven't listened to it yet (lazy).
Anyway back on topic, really well done and pretty funny, looking forwardto the next episode.

I could literally feel the muscles in my arm twitching towards my mouse, begging me to turn the video off.

I resisted, and watched the whole video....... but didn't laugh. not once.

OT: A Pokemon Parody....Really? Really?

Rofl, I loved it! Excellent work!

Third best new show, in my opinion(MovieBob and Lisa are simply awesome)
With (just a litte bit) impoved graphics/animations it would be even better, but we'll see...

Score: 3/5
...so far ;-)

I have seen worse. Well, to be honest (which I usually am) this was pretty funny. All the stupidity of the monster/card/something teen age superstar save the world and conquer gods animation's stupidity compressed in to one, great :D

MOAR SHADYVOX! I'm pretty excited about this, liked it in the film fest and I just wanna see where it goes/ how long before the jokes become stale. And listen to Jaden...

KeyMaster45:

In fairness, that was just the pilot so animation is probably going to get better as it progresses. Also the voice is done by one of those "good" parody makers so I wouldn't rule it out.

i liked it

I'm always surprised when my thought of, "OMG... seriously... ANOTHER series? This'll suck!" is always flipped on its head.

I was disappointed that you showed this one again, but I can see from the comments that a lot of people didn't watch it during the film festival. Ah well, look forward to next week.

LMFAO! just at "Tun-tun... use EXPLOSION!!!" the video paused to finish buffering allowing for a perfectly placed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" from me :P

Oh, btw. I loved those poke'waffle makers.

Awesome again dude! Though I will admit, it has staled a little from it's original release. But I can get passed that, cause this series is gonna be awesome!

I have a good feeling this is as close as we are going to get to an animated parody of Japanese cartoons.

We had Airplane and Naked Gun, then Scary Movie, and how it's Creature Caster Masters. I am on board.

Some funny stuff in there I liked it. When is the next one coming?

first impression when i herd deck: "rip off of yu-gi-oh"
impression after the video: "i was wrong it wasn't just a rip off of yu-gi-oh it was a also a rip off from Pokemon, and every child's anime for the past 8 years"

I have to admit, this looks promising. Keep up the good work!

I thought it was good, but the animation moves to slowly. It's just a bit unpolished is all.

This was okay, but I see this kinda stuff all the time on Newgrounds.

Love the pilot.

The bike joke was hilarious. As was the waffle joke. And the item descriptions.

Does Tun-Tun sound like Drak to anyone else?

YES! FINALLY! (not that the wait has been long, I've just been looking forwards to this so much).

The episode might be the same as from the contest, but at least now I know there'll be a new episode a week from now. Probs on the intro as well.

KeyMaster45:

Well that's my criticism taken care of. Thanks for saving me the post!

Quite funny. Nice subtle LOTR reference with the potatoes (Boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a stew).

"Potatoes: Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew."

As a Lord of the Rings fanboy, I loved that joke.

It's amusing, but not that funny.

if this won, then i dread to think what the films were like that lost...

That was pretty good.

A clone of Pokemon and Yugioh all in one!

omg that shit is awesome thanks

hittite:

PumpItUp:
The voice actor sound really familiar.

Waffle iron joke = Awesome.

Yeah, he does the voice of Jaden for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged, and some other stuff I think.

omg this is hilariously awesome thanks so much for posting it!

hittite:

PumpItUp:
The voice actor sound really familiar.

Waffle iron joke = Awesome.

Yeah, he does the voice of Jaden for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged, and some other stuff I think.

omg this is hilariously awesome thanks so much for posting it!

This was okay. Just okay.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or