Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Nice blooper!
OT: I feel like they whizzed through the important part (guy from the future time paradox thingy) just to get to the fight scene.

Still a good episode though... Can't wait for next week!

Break:

k-ossuburb:
The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

It's fine, because of, uh... Nano... Polymer... Fibre... Weave. Controlled by... Computers. Yes. Computers chip. With sensors. Throughout the suit. And they... Detect when parts of the fabric are under unusual stress... Which means that it's pliable when you move it with your hands, but hardens when struck with a bullet! Yes. Also prevents creases.

Okay, I'll go along with that, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief until they do something really stupid, like a random dance number a la "Spiderman 3". Like I said, I'm remaining optimistic until the fifth episode at the least. It looks promising, although I've seen better editing (Freddiew).

However I've read that they don't have a lot of time to edit this that well but they're working on it, maybe someone could send them a link to Freddiew2, which has heaps of tutorials on how to shoot and edit various types of action scenes. So, I respect the fact that they've got jobs of their own to be getting on with.

k-ossuburb:
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

I'm hoping this gets revealed later and proves to be decent, but I'm still wondering if the demons are really necessary since there are plenty of other things that can stand in for the "bad guy" position like clones, aliens, robots, mutants or just normal human beings who simply have a problem with Anthony for something he'll eventually do but doesn't know about yet.

Other than that, I hope that this turns out well in later episodes. It may be a rocky start now but it's only the beginning, so I'm still going to remain hopeful.

It's the future man... Come on!

Lightsabers aren't practical either but hey we just roll with it and accept it for its futurey awesomeness.

Anyways I am enjoying this show, seems like it ends really fast but I guess it's kind of hard to get action sequences in with your dialogue and plot progression since action is mostly just filler anyways.

still not hateing the series
when they get better at acting will be great

Breaded chicken doesnt work?! OH NOES!

NO ZOMBIE NO! IF YOU READING THIS SAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

k-ossuburb:

Certain methods of using a substance with similar properties to custard in body armor are leading to a substance that hardens and disperses force when struck, maybe this suit could be explained as using a more advanced form of that technology. Sometimes best to suspend disbelief.

mikeyface:

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

My only problem with the show so far is that it doesn't take long enough on a few things. I'm just off of work watching both of them so I must be way too tired and missed it, but I don't know the name of Anthony's protector. Some of the concepts were delivered really fast and were great but didn't stay long enough for me to really get them.

But I know he's from back in time and has to save Anthony. So far, it's great. I think you're going to be the next "Doomsday Arcade." While you might not know what that is, on this site, it's a big compliment, lol.

I had trouble understanding some of this and missed out on some of the dialogue. What I could actually make out was quite good and the action scenes were well shot. Just improve on the clarity of your speech and we'll have no problems.

man whoever is wearing the mask is doing some great acting id just like to point out

I'm enjoying everything about this show. The comedic timing is great, and not to mention just the delivery of the lines themselves. Plus it must be hard for Anthony to play "the straight man" and not crack up all the time. Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how awesome the music is.

I'm very much looking forward to future episodes!

"Time's a paradox bitch" I don't know why but i just love that line.

Awesome series so far. Can't wait to see more.

KennethDanger1306:
man whoever is wearing the mask is doing some great acting id just like to point out

Meh. I mean, I'd say "okay."

It lacks nuance, like I don't think he walks into a scene and thinks "where was I born?" "What were my parents like?" There's a lot of baggage a pseudo-demonically possessed wunderkind could be putting on display.

Poor Anthony :P
also, those damn...Bush..es...

Just a tip: pay attention to the 180 degree rule. It will make it much easier to follow...

mikeyface:

KennethDanger1306:

Meh. I mean, I'd say "okay."

It lacks nuance, like I don't think he walks into a scene and thinks "where was I born?" "What were my parents like?" There's a lot of baggage a pseudo-demonically possessed wunderkind could be putting on display.

i hate you so much haha

I hereby give this show my seal of approval.

I will draw up a seal. Then the seal will be cast in iron, and I will fold the show up and seal it approvingly.

The seal will probably be broken every week. This is turning out to be too much work.

I hereby give this show a thumbs up.

Awww, I was like, I want that seal. I'd put it on stuff. Like envelopes or toddlers.

A solid second episode if a bit rough around the edges. The narrative is being driven forward nicely and the action is still being kept at high pace. I like that the exposition of the narrative takes place amongst taking care of business rather then what I call "stop and talk" syndrome. Real conversations take place while other actions are going on, not when you go to point a, stop, talk, go to point b, stop, talk, repeat ad infinitum. I greatly look forward to where this goes from here!

It's good to see the asian guy from "The Hangover" getting work. He got a lot taller.

RagingScottsman:
It's good to see the asian guy from "The Hangover" getting work. He got a lot taller.

I don't know what you're talking about.

A) He gets a ton of work
B) What?

I really like this series

Gripes:
1) Try not to mumble so much.
2) Work on your recoil.
3) "Is that some sort of... future version of the F-word or something?" "No, but this diving board is really interesting, so I'm going to look at it.
4) "What's that smell?" "Cotton candy." "You mean like the smell of the dead guy at our feet?"
5) "Woah, that gun just knocked him on arse! I bet this aluminium snow shovel Can deflect the bullets."
6) "I have a knife. Instead of stabbing the conscious and able bodied guy, I'll try and strangle him, and save my knife for the guy who's having trouble breathing."
7) "I can speak, but I'm not going to warn my companion about the creepy mask wearer sneaking up behind him."
8) "I just put a bullet through this mask, and painted the inside of it with the demon's blood. I think I'll wear it."

I really like this series, but there's so many niggling little *insert correct term here* that form a giant wave of discontentment.

You've stated the next episodes pick up the ball, so I'm eagerly awaiting them.

Ah, so that's why the masked man needed to be triple-killed. Fair enough :)

I approve of bullet-shovelling.

Deflecting a bullet with a snow shovel.

I'm getting the Mythbusters on this.

...Oh, great stuff, by the way.

mikeyface:

RagingScottsman:

I don't know what you're talking about.

A) He gets a ton of work
B) What?

That mask looked exactly like him. A lot.

RIP Anthonys balls, may they be nestled someplace safer where they may hang freely.

I love it! It's great and was actually witty, unlike some jokes in other videos.

However, I'm still not sure what was said at the Grandson part...I listened to that part several time, and couldn't grasp anything, simple put, background noise and music where too high compared to the actor.

Other then that, good job guys.

AceAngel:
I love it! It's great and was actually witty, unlike some jokes in other videos.

However, I'm still not sure what was said at the Grandson part...I listened to that part several time, and couldn't grasp anything, simple put, background noise and music where too high compared to the actor.

Yeah, I getcha. Essentially Blinovitch was killed by his own Grandson before his own birth. Previous time travel logic would dictate (which was put together by Blinovitch himself) said that he would simply cease to exist after wiping out his own gene pool. But he didn't. The grandson died in prison twenty years layer, therefor proving time is a paradox, bitch.

Cheers!

-m,

mikeyface:

AceAngel:

Yeah, I getcha. Essentially Blinovitch was killed by his own Grandson before his own birth. Previous time travel logic would dictate (which was put together by Blinovitch himself) said that he would simply cease to exist after wiping out his own gene pool. But he didn't. The grandson died in prison twenty years layer, therefor proving time is a paradox, bitch.

Cheers!

-m,

Answered by the man himself, thanks mate!

The personalities are there, but buried underneath a lot of camera, microphone, and cinematography issues. So far I'm hesitant to call it 'good' on such low production values, but I certainly want to like it. Keep at it, gentlemen.

I am really confused, why is everybody in the comment section saying it is good, when it was so awful, i mean is mikeyface some cool kid everybody just wants to befriend?. Or is that everybody is super sarcastic all of a sudden?!?!
What i especially do not understand is people that quote a bad joke and follow it up something like "SO FUNNY HAHAHA!" or "This made it all worth it".

mikeyface:

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

I like that you're willing to be so critical with your own work. It says you're open to change, and improvement. I'm still up in the air about the show, but I'm that way with ALL shows I watch on the escapists. The first two or three are chances to win me over. After that? Then I form my opinion. :) (The exception to this rule was "Extra Credits." I was won over right away by that one.)

I don't know about the others, but these characters need more characterization before I'm going to care about either one of them maybe dying.

mrhateful:
I am really confused, why is everybody in the comment section saying it is good, when it was so awful, i mean is mikeyface some cool kid everybody just wants to befriend?. Or is that everybody is super sarcastic all of a sudden?!?!
What i especially do not understand is people that quote a bad joke and follow it up something like "SO FUNNY HAHAHA!" or "This made it all worth it".

Everyone has different tastes, preferences, and thinks one thing is funny while the other thing is not. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. If enough people share your opinion, then the show will die on its own (Except for Game Dogs, which needed an extra season before it would die). As it is, this show is barely getting started. Either give it a chance, or give up on it now. No need to fill the comments with antagonistic comments the author doesn't need to read.

If you want to be constrictive with your criticism, then something like, "I didn't enjoy the jokes, but you know what would have worked for me? This!" Then get into it. Just being judgmental and saying "it sucks, and I don't get why everyone likes it cause it sucks," just makes you look bad, and makes the cast that might read your post feel bad.

Nah, I'm cool. I mean, he lived up to his name.

I was merely expressing my confusion as to why comments was overly positive, it had nothing to do with the show other than i didn't feel like it lived up to the way it was portrayed. One might even say i made that comment to balance things out.

Anyway here is my constructive critism:
1: Drop the fight scenes(seriously), either reduce them heavily or just cut them out. The reason being that with the low production value, your just no going to be to provide something thats entertaining and doesn't look like some kids found a camera in their dad's closet.

2: More jokes, i guess this one would happen if criteria 1 got fulfilled, as i feel like you are actually able to write good jokes.

3: Work on your performance, it feels to me there are some great jokes that gets killed by a lesser good deliverance.

4: More character development, i know this is a tough one but it is also one of the most important ones, since the audience won't be able to connect with the protagonists if we don't understand them or their motives.

Also i don't believe in positive comments, which also means i only comment when something is lacking.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here