Creature Caster Masters: A Challenger Appears

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I loved the fact he actually passed out at the end...

God i havent half started to look foreward to new episodes of this XD, Great job.

Well now this show has another problem. It seems like it can't do anything right. Honest question; what was supposed to be funny about that battle? Cause I couldn't find the joke. With the other episodes I can at least see what joke you're trying to make, albeit failing horribly at. But here you don't even seem to parody the source material. The battle just felt like a bad Pokemon/Yugioh battle with no humor in it whatsoever.

From what I vaguely recall about both of those TV shows, this battle was pretty close to one of those in terms of dialogue. Which is good, since you're supposed to be parodying it. But you don't do that. You just have the battle play out as if watching poorly animated blobs do stupid stuff is supposed to be entertaining. You need to do something with it.

I really hope you start seeing the problem with this, because I seriously can't see this lasting more than two seasons tops before being swiftly forgotten. Hell I doubt it'll even make it that far.

Jojo1378:

Now, this is from TunTun himself, If you don't like it, don't watch it, there is no obligation to watch everything on The Escapist.

I'm going to criticize this show as much I like. Hopefully he'll take some of this feedback and do something with it, as unlikely as that is.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I feel the need to point out that I still haven't seen any amount of characterization for Tun Tun and the main character (can't remember his name). This is probably one of your biggest problems right now. You need to give these two some defining personality traits. If we're going to be following them around there needs to be something that makes them endearing to us as characters, or they'll get old really fast. Think about it; Chad has a much deeper personality than both of them combined. Oh, and I'll give you some credit here; the rival being someone who is obsessed with impressing the main character isn't something I've seen done before. There, that's one decent thing. Now please try and give your main characters something to make them likable.

LOL XD I like this ep just like the rest :) "He just passed out" <-- nice X3

HAHA! Way to reference blacking out XD

Internet Kraken:
Well now this show has another problem. It seems like it can't do anything right. Honest question; what was supposed to be funny about that battle? Cause I couldn't find the joke. With the other episodes I can at least see what joke you're trying to make, albeit failing horribly at. But here you don't even seem to parody the source material. The battle just felt like a bad Pokemon/Yugioh battle with no humor in it whatsoever.

From what I vaguely recall about both of those TV shows, this battle was pretty close to one of those in terms of dialogue. Which is good, since you're supposed to be parodying it. But you don't do that. You just have the battle play out as if watching poorly animated blobs due stupid stuff is supposed to be entertaining. You need to do something with it.

I really hope you start seeing the problem with this, because I seriously can't see this lasting more than two seasons tops before being swiftly forgotten. Hell I doubt it'll even make it that far.

Now, this is from TunTun himself, If you don't like it, don't watch it, there is no obligation to watch everything on The Escapist.

InevitableFate:
... wait a minute... THAT'S SHADYVOX!

*recognition moment*

Yep... sorry it's gotta be done

hope I wasn't ninja'd

why do i see a actual card game being made from this

okay, i have to know

whats the name of the music you use for the opening and ending credits?

Seems like the shows at escapist getting worse no?

That was like a unsuckish episode of pokemon and yugioh pushed together. Basically, it was fan fucking tastic.

Sorry I have to give up on this it could've been good but what little jokes there are in the thing they're too obvious and unfunny. I hoped this would've picked up like Doraleous and Associates but I know it won't I'll just do like I do with Lisa Folies and ignore it.

fanklok:
I see you follow the yugioh school of card games, just make shit up. So when do they start fighting on motorcycles?

When their power deck levels reach over 9000 and they defeat Team Evil.

Hey Professor...your nephew's kinda a Dick.

Yeah..I know..

xDD I love this show! Keep it up guys!

Jojo1378:

Internet Kraken:

From what I vaguely recall about both of those TV shows, this battle was pretty close to one of those in terms of dialogue. Which is good, since you're supposed to be parodying it. But you don't do that. You just have the battle play out as if watching poorly animated blobs due stupid stuff is supposed to be entertaining. You need to do something with it.

I hate it when people say that to people sure it's a valid point but people also have the right to critise something they didn't like, if you shut down the minute you hear critism then theres no way to learn from what others didn't like maybe listening to some valid comments would help the show grow and smooth out some rough edges.

I know people are protective about what they create I know I am but sometimes you can't dismiss people out of hand just because they said they didn't like it.

Decent series so far. Not quite great, but not bad. The voice acting is irritating though.

I like how he called chad on being an asshole. And how chad was kind of a decent guy. It makes your show unique from other Pokemon/Yugioh parodies.

ProtoChimp:

InevitableFate:
... wait a minute... THAT'S SHADYVOX!

*recognition moment*

Yep... sorry it's gotta be done

hope I wasn't ninja'd

Yeah, last episode's comments...and the episode before that. On the other hand, there is absolutely no reason for this video not to be posted as often as possible.

I'd love to see more abuse heaped onto Chad (PERFECT name) in future epsisodes, but it does lean towards tasteless cruelty when it dominates the episode. Gotta have variety, even when it comes to our douche-bag rival.

Edit - I'm not saying that it was tasteless here, but I could see it becoming that way very easily.

I would suggest that for the intro when it says something along the lines of "You have obtained (1) theme song", that you change the setting to a dungeon, or at least put the "theme song" item on a pedestal or take it out of a chest. No one ever finds items in the middle of the road in those old Gameboy games, because that's lame and it makes the item unimportant.

The battle system...actually looks fun. What the hell? I'd play a game with that shit!

Quiet Stranger:
Very good, but I thought there were no Human hospitals in the world of Creature Caster Masters.

He never said anything about a human hospital.....just a recovery center and even in the Pokemon world the Centers are for BOTH.

Getting funnier. Keep up the good work.

So, what's the difference between highlighting and hiding cards? It seems like the trainer can just use them at will.

Fuck you Chad!

Internet Kraken:

From what I vaguely recall about both of those TV shows, this battle was pretty close to one of those in terms of dialogue. Which is good, since you're supposed to be parodying it. But you don't do that. You just have the battle play out as if watching poorly animated blobs do stupid stuff is supposed to be entertaining. You need to do something with it.

Jojo1378:

I'm going to criticize this show as much I like. Hopefully he'll take some of this feedback and do something with it, as unlikely as that is.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I feel the need to point out that I still haven't seen any amount of characterization for Tun Tun and the main character (can't remember his name). This is probably one of your biggest problems right now. You need to give these two some defining personality traits. If we're going to be following them around there needs to be something that makes them endearing to us as characters, or they'll get old really fast. Think about it; Chad has a much deeper personality than both of them combined. Oh, and I'll give you some credit here; the rival being someone who is obsessed with impressing the main character isn't something I've seen done before. There, that's one decent thing. Now please try and give your main characters something to make them likable.

There is so much wrong with this... you don't know how shows work. Chad is a character with few episodes, like the professor, and they need to be characterized quickly, secondly, *Justin* and Tun-tun are charecterized! He is even blantedly told by Chad that his determination is to be admired, he also lost and fainted after his first battle, meaning he is a little eccentric as well, *while* parodying the industries he set out to in an obviously funny way! Tun-Tun is a smart-as and is hilarious in being so. I laughed, many others laughed. For this show to last, it can't be all funny, it has to have story as well, and this guy is good at starting a story.

I like it that you love a show so much to spend this much time writing a bad critique of it, but if your going to criticize a show, do it better.

Jojo1378:

You see, that response never holds any water for me.

Watch(Or read, in this case).

"If you don't like what Kraken writes, then don't read it. Your not obligated to read every post in the thread."

See? That just doesn't seem right. He watched it, he didn't like it, he's saying why. Simple-as. Nothing should be safe from criticism. Its the only way things will improve.

willbailes:

There is so much wrong with this... you don't know how shows work. Chad is a character with few episodes, like the professor, and they need to be characterized quickly, secondly, *Justin* and Tun-tun are charecterized! He is even blantedly told by Chad that his determination is to be admired, he also lost and fainted after his first battle, meaning he is a little eccentric as well, *while* parodying the industries he set out to in an obviously funny way! Tun-Tun is a smart-as and is hilarious in being so. I laughed, many others laughed. For this show to last, it can't be all funny, it has to have story as well, and this guy is good at starting a story.

I like it that you love a show so much to spend this much time writing a bad critique of it, but if your going to criticize a show, do it better.

And how is he supposed to "do it better". He watched it, didn't like it, said why he didn't like it, and said ways for it to improve. No the show isn't for everybody, but that doesn't mean we should just brush off any form of criticism.

In terms of pokemon spoofs, yours shines brightest during its moments of satire such as the "exactly why do I wind up at the pokemon center when I pass out?" bit. That said, I've felt for awhile now that the comedy and crispness of your show seems a little bogged down in the outright recitation of the game mechanics. The strength of a show is to surprise by defying our expectations. You're merely meeting them.

well, I like it, but for a different reason than I liked the other two episodes, the first two were straight up comedy, while this one had more of the "how the hell does that battle system work" thing going for it

Zzzzzzzz...
Ya i was bored... There are reasons i don't watch pokemon and Yugioh anymore; and one of them is that the fights just aren't really entertaining. I feel like the series should be a whole lot less serious and poke more fun at the properties its based off of. Much less straight up battles with tactics and what-not and more jokes like the one that came up at the end, or the explosion joke from the first episode. That's kinda what you were doing in the previous episodes; though the humor did need some work but the previous episode was much better than this.

messy:

Dak_N_Jaxter:
This is pretty much exactly what Yugioh is like, except it isn't 2 hours long.

"I fire my knight a the castle of dark illusions to destroy its flotation ring"

Best one so far in my opinion. Just try not to make it seem like you're making up every card on the spot...

I summon rain to kill your giant moth!

Awesome episode, keep it up :D

willbailes:

There is so much wrong with this... you don't know how shows work. Chad is a character with few episodes, like the professor, and they need to be characterized quickly, secondly, *Justin* and Tun-tun are charecterized! He is even blantedly told by Chad that his determination is to be admired, he also lost and fainted after his first battle, meaning he is a little eccentric as well, *while* parodying the industries he set out to in an obviously funny way!

This is a terrible example of characterization. That last joke reflects absolutely nothing about Justin's personality. It was a throw away gag poking fun at blacking out in video games. It has no bearing on his character. Second, even if it most of his character is still undefined. I only have a vague idea about who he is, what his interested and goals are, what he likes and dislikes, etc. I know basically nothing about this character.

Tun-Tun is a smart-as and is hilarious in being so.

...how so? Seriously, I really can't recall anything to make this seem like a valid character trait for tun-tun.

I laughed, many others laughed. For this show to last, it can't be all funny, it has to have story as well, and this guy is good at starting a story.

Wait, this episode was supposed to have a good story? It was supposed to make me feel more for the characters? If it was, it failed miserably. There was basically no characterization here.

Since you are obviously intent on ignoring the obvious flaws with this show inf avor of pretending it's awesome, I have a simple challenge for you. If you really believes Justin and Tun-Tun are as well characterized as you claim, it should be easy. Write a paragraph describing Tun=Tun and Justin without referring to how they look and what they're trying to do. Describe them purely based on their personality.

Internet Kraken:

Since you are obviously intent on ignoring the obvious flaws with this show inf avor of pretending it's awesome, I have a simple challenge for you. If you really believes Justin and Tun-Tun are as well characterized as you claim, it should be easy. Write a paragraph describing Tun=Tun and Justin without referring to how they look and what they're trying to do. Describe them purely based on their personality.

It stops being criticism when you start making assumptions like we're all "pretending its awesome." At that point you're just being a dick.

We get it. You DON'T like this show. You have made this abundantly clear. But now we're three episodes in and your bias is starting to show. At this point it feels less like criticism and more like you have some kind of grudge against the show. Your refusal to acknowledge the show has any redeeming quality to it doesn't help your case either; plenty of people seem to enjoy it (myself included), but your posts read as though you are dead-set on tearing CCM a new one, and if anyone dissents from your opinion/agenda then they must be a churlish imbecile. Manners be damned, I'm right and you're all idiots for disagreeing with me.

I'm probably jumping the gun on this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you really want to see this show succeed and you're hoping that with thorough criticism the show will change to meet your standards.

Internet Kraken:

I can't figure out what's more depressing; the fact that you think this is good, the fact that other people think this is good, or the fact that the Escapist staff think this is worth paying for.

Then again, maybe not. I honestly can't tell what you're trying to achieve beyond letting people know you really really REALLY don't like this show. The fact that others in the community are commenting on your behavior should be an indicator that its not appreciated at this point. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but the cruelty is unnecessary and uncalled for.

So knock it off.

I cant for the love of everything get this episode to start. Ever other movie on site plays flawlessly.

OKOKOKOK!
HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THIS GAME WORK!
Why would you not just highlight all cards?
Why not hide all cards?
Why not just have 5 cards for the entire match?
What happens when the deck runs out?
What happens to destroyed cards?
Why WOULDNT you hide an attack card?

Internet Kraken:

You want one paragraph each, or can I combine them?

TunTun

Tun-Tun is the straight man of the group. Despite his limited vocabulary, he shows remarkable intelligence in everyday acts. Tun-Tun seems to know the idiocy in everything, but also his own powerlessness. If the author were to expand his vocabulary, one might see that Tun-Tun would be the genre savvy one. All in all, Tun-Tun is the perfect foil to Justin

Justin

Justing is the archetypical hero of video games. Taking part Pokemon protagonist, part Yugi from the Yugioh anime, and part clueless ditz, Justin shows how clearly stupid and ironic some actions taken by RPG protagonists can be. His happy-go-lucky spirit lets him quickly recover from setback and strive for success. Justin is an RPG protagonist given voice, while Tun-Tun is an RPG player deprived of voice.

Check and mate good sir.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or