Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 In-Game Songs

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

What about Plants vs Zombies? Ok it wasn't the most hilarious song in video games but it was still damn awesome!

HAHAHA, because the hipsters drink that.

Wasn't drinking a beer while watching this but a, rather, a G&T. Little cold for such a summery drink, but hey, it's starting to warm up.

Also... WE'VE GOT THIS NOTION THAT WE'D QUITE LIKE TO SAIL THE OCEAN SO WE'RE BUILDING A BIG SHIP TO LEAVE HERE FOR GOOD!

Bonus marks to whoever identifies this.

Having A Pirate I Was Meant To Be in the list just bumped this up the credibility meter.

dagens24:
Wasn't drinking a beer while watching this but a, rather, a G&T. Little cold for such a summery drink, but hey, it's starting to warm up.

Also... WE'VE GOT THIS NOTION THAT WE'D QUITE LIKE TO SAIL THE OCEAN SO WE'RE BUILDING A BIG SHIP TO LEAVE HERE FOR GOOD!

Bonus marks to whoever identifies this.

Ooooh we're not complaining but there's still something that's remaining~

Mechsoap:
How did I know, that bards tale was on the list? Its a miracle!

That was such a great game. I loved how it turned all the fantasy cliches on their heads and somehow managed to be quite a playable hack'n'slash too.

Though I much preferred the songs 'Bad Luck To Be You' and the one about the demon horse... was it 'Knucklevee' or something?

Aaawwww. No Scientist Sularian by Mordin?

Fuck yeah New Castle! Best Beer evar.

+1 for Bard's Tale
+1 for Newcy Brown
-1 for Still Alive @ 5 :)

Interesting list, was confused about the Bards tale, until I saw you were referring to the remake, not the original. Really though I just gotta say that, yes, the Packers do suck.

VectorZero:
+1 for Bard's Tale
+1 for Newcy Brown

C'mon now. Sure it's been beaten to death, but it is still AWESOME.

Om nom nom, bottle of Dog

What about Courtney Gears in Ratchet&Clank 3 ?
sure, the lyrics werent really that funny, but it was a nice way of informing the player of her intentions (and a nice stab at britney spears)

The lack of skull monkeys bonus room song made me a little bit disappointed.

millertime059:

VectorZero:
+1 for Bard's Tale
+1 for Newcy Brown

Oh, I agree. Should've been No 1!

No one else I've seen has mentioned your throw back to ducktales. I wasn't heartbroken that it wasn't on the Disney list or anything, but its great having little mentions like that in these lists that show you are reading the comments posted.

Keep it up, Lisa.

Again, I liked your Top 5 list Lisa, but you REEEEEEEALLY gotta stop putting your entire list in your comments or spoiling it all in your introduction. The best part of watching a countdown list is the anticipation. And all of that is lost when you already know all 5 of the 5 things on the list.

i LOVE parappa! those songs would get stuck in my head for DAYS!

Black and White sailor song FTW!!!!

I seem to remember drowning them though =p

I can't believe noone mentioned this one, it's a classic:

(can anyone find the dutch version ? that version sounds better IMO, aah the memories)

the.chad:

God damn you

I knew Still Alive woule be on the list but... That song SUCKS! Why do people like it!?

stef1987:

the.chad:

God damn you

bad luck, missed out by seconds... in a mood to play black & white now!

There's a difference between funniest songs, and best songs.

But then again, its her show. After I heard portal's Still Alive, I was happy and calmly tuned out.

VectorZero:

millertime059:

VectorZero:
+1 for Bard's Tale
+1 for Newcy Brown

Oh, I agree. Should've been No 1!

Oops I misunderstood you then. Here's to hoping there is equal amounts of awesome in Portal 2.

I was tottaly about to be like WTF still alive should be number 1 but i did like the others so i guess you win this time lisa

A Pirate I was meant to be! Love it, Kills the song because nothing rhymes with orange! Here's some interesting trivia, the song wasn't included on various translations of the games probably due its complexity and heavy use of english stresses and pirate-isms.

Haggis: We'll fight you in the harbor.
Bill: We'll battle you on land.
Edward: But when you meet singing pirates...
Guybrush: They'll be more than you can stand.

Bill: Ooooh! That was a good one!
Guybrush: No, it wasn't.

Silent Biohazard Solid:
I knew Still Alive woule be on the list but... That song SUCKS! Why do people like it!?

Cause its awesome?

Anyway, Lisa, your smile after saying: This is top 5 blabla makes my day, you keep doing that please :D.

And no, im no old fat sweaty guy, just dont freak out :D

The Bard's Tale is an epic game I actually feel like playing it now. The Beer Song made me laugh good choice, every song those little Goblin's (or whatever they are) sing throughout the game are awesome as well.

Ok Pirate I was meant to be is great, but even better were Guybrushs songs at the barber shop :D I'm kinda missing the country song of sam and max :D

Beer and g-stings yay!

Number FIVE??? FIVE?!?!? What is wrong with you??? I don't even like Valve and that was ridiculous.

The only good songs on that list were Still Alive and maybe the stuff from comic jumper.

Scarim Coral:
Oh yeah! I am glad to see "A Pirate I meant to be" on the list. I love that song and the insult minigame are always funny!

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it, but good show XD, thanks for reminding me :3

Not too sure of the #1 and 2 but then again I was never much into rap :/

And YES @ dark beer & NOOOO @ Guinness

I can't believe in all these posts no one thought of Um Jammer Lammy

I loved reviewing that game and this song is my favorite and of course the first song had Chop Chop Master Onion in it

The opening showed how the power of rock defeats bullies.

Oh Lisa, I can forgive you for ducktales...

Guinness and sexy dancing... Must... resist... falling... in... love... with... person... way... out... of... my... league... and... thousands... of... miles... away.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here