Commentary on “You Win or You Die”

Pages PREV 1 2

Sober Thal:

Ne1butme:

monstersquad:

Pardon us plebians for just enjoying the media for what it is, a tv show. I haven't read the books yet, because I didnt want to ruin the show with silly preconceptions, but the show needed that little bit of plot exposition if only to remind people of Littlefinger's carefully concealed insidiousness.

Why the hell would you say that? What is wrong with you?!?

Use a spoiler tag.

Ne1butme:

Sober Thal:

Ne1butme:

Why the hell would you say that? What is wrong with you?!?

Use a spoiler tag.

The guy said he didn't read the books, then you quote him and tell him THAT of all things?!

Poor form. You deliberately went out of your way to spoil that for him, and your reason is just incredibly weak. Sure the thread has a spoiler warning, but you didn't need to do that.

ark123:
I hate what's coming up. I loved Ned.

Me too. When the final scene of this episode occurs in the book, I had a massive feeling of revulsion because I just knew that it wasn't going to end well for Ned.

I really cannot wait for episode 8, because George R R Martin himself has wrote it and the way the "upcoming event" was handled in the book was strangely subdued.

I don't think it's as much "honorable vs. dishonorable" as it is "knightly honor vs. mafia honor". The Lannisters strike me as a ruthless mob family with titles, Tywin has an air about him that reminds me of Eastern Promises.

You're right, you're right. As well as the other person that commented on my thought on Theon.

After discussing this with my SO it makes sense that they need him to be a well developed character because he's the only link to Winterfell through most of A Clash of Kings.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here