Alice Madness Returns Review

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Trishbot:
Alice: Madness Returns is one of my favorite games of the year, or any year. It's not perfect, but it's such a breath of fresh air. There's almost no game that looks, sounds, or plays like it (with only the original Alice coming close). It's like Zelda, Tomb Raider, Enslaved, Silent Hill, and Prince of Persia all wound up in a blender and I get this delicious cocktail of platforming across gorgeous vistas while scouring the world for secrets and surviving assaults from grotesque horrors. It's a gorgeous, insane game that is one of the best experiences I've had this year.

try psychonauts. you will love it.

rhizhim:

Trishbot:
Alice: Madness Returns is one of my favorite games of the year, or any year. It's not perfect, but it's such a breath of fresh air. There's almost no game that looks, sounds, or plays like it (with only the original Alice coming close). It's like Zelda, Tomb Raider, Enslaved, Silent Hill, and Prince of Persia all wound up in a blender and I get this delicious cocktail of platforming across gorgeous vistas while scouring the world for secrets and surviving assaults from grotesque horrors. It's a gorgeous, insane game that is one of the best experiences I've had this year.

try psychonauts. you will love it.

I bought it shortly BEFORE I bought Alice, but I haven't yet played it. I've been meaning to. I certainly enjoyed the Easter Egg though.

I'm on my clean-up run, getting all those memories, bottles, pig snouts, and health upgrades I missed the first time. I agree with those that haven't had any problems with the collision detections; Alice gets "stuck" at times temporarily whenever I shrink and grow during odd areas, but for all the platforming, I've never experienced one single glitch or problem. She controls like a dream all the time, and any pitfalls have been on my account, not the game's.

The plus-side is after beating the game and choosing Chapter Select, you can play the game in smaller doses and not drag out some of the sequences that do admittedly outstay their welcome (looking at you, Dollhouse basement...)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here