Jimquisition: Nintendo of America

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Why bring games over that true and orginal gamers want when they can just pander and whore themselfs out to every thrid party developer to make a shit ton of licence games like dora for the wii instead and still get money from the "family gamers" they were aiming for? They still get money either way.

Nintendo has proven over these years that pleasing gamers isn't as profitable as pandering to the ignorent parents of childern with a wii. The kids don't know what they want and the parents arent' educated enough on what makes a good game. I hate it, it's pathetic, and proves what's wrong with current generations of gamers, but it's still smart money making sadly.

This is why I love Atlas, Persona is a great series, better than anything that Nintendo could make.

Kysafen:
You're talking about comparing the sales of games in Japan and Europe go up against America's sales? Without taking into consideration the gross gaming populations of each?

And you're complaining they don't just take the English translation of one game and put it here in English?

Do you have any idea what processes go into games localization Jim?

Population has nothing to do with it. Numbers of units sold does.

If a game sells a total of 1 million units, it doesnt matter where those three million units were sold.

And while it is true that it requires money to localize a game, the ammount of money and time it takes to localize a game is pretty insignificant - the mechanics, engine, etc. are all there. They just have to print the disk in a different format, get new voice actors, and translate languages.

Or, in the case of Nintendo of Europe, who already has Xenoblade already localize, basically nothing. Not to mention, REMAKES SELL IN JAPAN. Reselling the game, localized in English, with Japanese text sells. BIG TIME. Sony does this ALOT. Add in a few extras, and ship.

Point is, unless you have a total flop of a game, you will make back the money you spent localizing, and then some. Not to mention that, while the other 2 consoles and the PC are pumping out game after game, Nintendo has had very little to show in the way of third party or first party software.

source for that sales chart he used?

Stall:

You don't agree with it... that's great. That's all you can do.

Well they can buy shares and have a vote in the company, as well as the ability to speak at shareholder gatherings, but that would be a far more expensive barrier to entry than a petition and letter writing campaign.

jmarquiso:

Stall:

Well they can buy shares and have a vote in the company, as well as the ability to speak at shareholder gatherings, but that would be a far more expensive barrier to entry than a petition and letter writing campaign.

Could also decline to buy their other games.

dbenoy:

jmarquiso:

Stall:

Could also decline to buy their other games.

You're right, you could do that. If it's an organized boycott, which I don't think it would be. Further, by taking yourself out of their customer base, you give them less reason to care what you say.

Most public corporations allow the right for shareholders who hold even a single share the right to speak at open meetings. If you explain it as a business and profitability standpoint, with research to back it up, shareholders (who only care about profitability, not fan service) may make the same demands.

Either way it's an uphill battle.

wildcard9:
source for that sales chart he used?

I have to say it looks like an image from Reddit or something, not original research.

jmarquiso:

You're right, you could do that. If it's an organized boycott, which I don't think it would be. Further, by taking yourself out of their customer base, you give them less reason to care what you say.

Most public corporations allow the right for shareholders who hold even a single share the right to speak at open meetings. If you explain it as a business and profitability standpoint, with research to back it up, shareholders (who only care about profitability, not fan service) may make the same demands.

Either way it's an uphill battle.

That's a good idea :)

Perhaps fan translations will render this whole problem moot, too.

i really dont think nintedo cares about it hardcore fans its to busy wasting money trying to involve the caasual games which mean it screwing over it fanbase i mean come on nintedno has realeased a good consle since the gamecube and even that was pretty bad so not counting that they stoped making good consels after the NINTENDO 64 I STILL PLAY MINE 10 TIME MORE THEN I EVEN LOOK AT THE WII SO TO SUM UP NINTEDO WILL GO OUT OF BUSNESS SOON UNLESS THEY SMARTEN UP ALSO IT DOESNET HELP GAMES ARE NOW FREAKIN 100 DOALLARS WHY WOULD I WAST 100 DOALLR ON MARIOCART WHEN I COULD BUT THE 64 VERSION FOR A QUATER OF THE PRICE AT GAMETRADER SAME THING HAPPEN WITH SONY PS3 GAME 100 DOLLARS PS2 MAX OF TWENTY I GOT ON FOR ONLY 2 DOALLRS ONCE

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)